Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,359 members, 7,850,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

The Need For Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For Power (425 Views)

IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: / Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Need For Power by donfineboi: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
I used to ask myself this question, is it possible for a person or any person to attain greatness? As a student of history I have read about the lives of many people who changed the world with their visions and ideologies. Who reshaped the map of the world with their conquests and prowess. With that, I was convinced that some people, due to their enormous power, are destined to be leaders. While those with far less are destined to be followers. But I was wrong.

Power is the ability to do something, anything. It is relative…. It is conceived in the mind and it is fueled by will. Every human being has a potential of power deposited in them regardless of religion, faith, race or ethnicity. Power can be in any form it can be spiritual, it can be mental, it can be physical, it can be material or even immaterial. Everybody has a special form of power deposited in them, waiting to be utilized. But it is most unfortunate that not everybody can realize the power that lies within them, especially in this part of the world.

Personally I see Nigeria as one of the most misguided country in existence. Misguided by political leaders, religious leaders and economical leaders. Nigeria, one of the worlds most endowed nation, got it’s independence in 1960. At that point in time, Nigeria’s potency(power), economy and standard of living was far greater than South Korea’s. South korea is far less endowed than Nigeria. With only coal, tungsten, graphite, molybdenum, and lead, South Korea came from behind to become among the first 15 most advanced nations in the world today.
Nigeria happens to be among the most religious nation on the face of the earth. Even the president can attest to that…. With churches, mosques and other religious institutions growing tremendously by the day. How has it helped in the potency of Nigeria and Nigerians?….. Let’s be very factual. Compare Nigeria to other secular countries and see for yourself.

Economically Nigeria pays among the highest rate for telecommunications and internet facilities when compared to other countries in the world. Goods and services here are one of the most expensive, where we have over 60% of Nigerians living and languishing in less than $2 a day. You tell me…..

Many Nigerians are being led like herds. All these mentioned above are more than capable to dismantle the mindsets of people. The mind is a very powerful entity. It is the only part of a human being that is a replica to the divinity of God. The potency of the mind is unlimited. The holy books (Torah, Bible, Koran etc) say man was created in the image of God. It is important to know that it is not the face, body parts or the physical attributes but the mind itself.
The key is having the awareness, believing you have the capacity and knowing where your strength lies (the form of power you posses). Whether you are a Christian like myself, Muslim or Traditionalist it does not limit you or determine the level of your potency in most cases. In the past I ran from church to church, from break through services to another. infact I was every where, looking for one short cut to another, for one unmerited breakthrough to another. I learnt the hard way, I made many mistakes until I realized the untapped power that I have within.

In my next article on www.browngarri.com I will fill you in on my adventure, how I rose from a guy who walked around with torn jeans to a guy who drives around in an SUV. How I revolutionized my mindset from conceding to incessant failures to a creative and innovative mindset. The journey wasn’t easy though, I watched my younger ones and my contemporaries pass me by……. But I want you to know that it is never too late. Just as South Korea surpassed Nigeria with all her resources, man power and wealth. It is possible to surpass any limitations around you…… Till next time.

- See more at: http://www.browngarri.com/harness-the-power-within/#sthash.9vk8azWj.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Apga Guber Candidate Signing For Peace Accord / I Am Fit, Healthy And Well To Lead Nigeria. / Gen [rtd.] Buhari - Chatham House, UK Speech Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.