Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison (51278 Views)

How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013 / Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Funpeter: 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
The fight i want to see is mayweather vs Bash Ali
Fighting alone will give him 50m dols not to talk when he eventually wins which I know he can do, that's mad money.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by onatisi(m): 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Very misunderstood and unappreciated legend.
if he is a legend then I am a star.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by lanrei(m): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
I remember watching his advert repeatedly shown on AIT couple of years back about this Guinness book of records fight stuff.... Bash baba I hail
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Saucekide25(m): 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS AND SWIFT DELIVERY WHEN YOU ORDER ITEMS ON JUMIA.COM [Pay on Delivery]...TO PLACE YOUR ORDERS CALL or WHATSAPP (08122204769)or E-MAIL me via (EONUEGBU1@GMAIL.COM).[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by pendy79: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Emmahunk:

Can someone please enlighten me if NEXIM bank is a government bank of some sort. My curiousity is based on the fact that I smell rat from the very beginning else why the choice of such a relatively unknown bank for such a whooping sum of money?

NEXIM bank is short for national export and import bank. Don't know why GEJ directed they should grant him facility from the bank to sponsor the proposed fight.

It's meant to be a bank for people involved in forex transactions and other importation biz per se don't know how fight sponsorship enter their schedule

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Adminisher: 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
babadee1:
What is Jonathan giving $30 million dollars of Nigeria's money to a geriatric boxer for? Especially during these trying economic times. Na wa o. The president must hate this country to be wasting scarce resources like that.

Next time don't put a local and ineffectual in office that is what Nigeria is suffering now.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:
lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy lets start some public awareness to free bash ali from jail o.

seems someone have been played a long thing, GEJ promised this man that his proposed boxing match will be sponsored by government and even gave him a National Honour last year, why are they now rejecting him and sending him to jail now.

may them free my uncle o, he plans to die on the boxing ring not Kuje prison.

My guy, read the story again and you will see it is just a ruse. Bash is being very economical with the truth here. The allegations na wash.

PS: he didn't remember 'fellow Nigerians' when the promise came, now he is sending text messages? Abeg, tell me another story.
Let him continue sending text messages and keep racking up the charges that can be brought against him including defamation of character.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by 9jatatafo(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2015
Bash Ali, Oryo and Police, read on:
Police: you mean Mr Oryo demanded for bribe
Bash Ali: Yes Sir!
Oryo: No, I nor do that kin thing oo.
Police: how much is the bribe?
Bash Ali: $10 million out of $30 million
Oryo: OC I promise to give you and your boys $500k
Police: Oya charge Bash Ali to court for raising false alarm and make sure you lock him up with those hardened criminals so that dem go beat sheyge comot for hin old head.
Bash Ali: Yeepa! These boys bad ooo, dem don kill me ooo. I never receive blow like this one all my entire boxing career.
Oryo: This is naija, the poor nor get mouth, yeye man he wan collect pension outside the boxing ring. Abi na Don King be presido for naija?
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2015
austinbrown:
Nawao I no understand this story o

My broda, as in enh!
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 24, 2015
Tymax:
This story doesn't add up.

Very fake story.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 24, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Very misunderstood and unappreciated legend.

My guy, there is no legend here. Just a scam artist still trying to be relevant in today's scam world. Mohammed Ali with his parkingson's disease would still whoop this niqqa's a.ss silly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:

berem this man's career ended years ago. he is just looking for his pension from Nigeria, which Boxing organisation will even take him as a serious contender. this is a fight that has been on the dream not even pipeline for more 12years if im not mistaken.

He has no fight to fight, na the money he dey find.

he wan collect his own campaign money now

Talk about double speak. You know he has no fight to fight, you know that no boxing organization would take him as a serious contender...
Still you have no qualms about govt releasing money to him because he is your uncle? After you people will come on here and complain about corruption? That is hypocrisy, my friend. Bumble-clot blud-fuckery hypocrisy.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Eluwilussit(m): 12:32am On Feb 24, 2015
mekula:

My guy, there is no legend here. Just a scam artist still trying to be relevant in today's scam world. Mohammed Ali with his parkingson's disease would still whoop this niqqa's a.ss silly.

You are too cool with your analysis. I like the Ali part. Haha. Bash Ali will bash Ali. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 24, 2015
babadee1:
What is Jonathan giving $30 million dollars of Nigeria's money to a geriatric boxer for? Especially during these trying economic times. Na wa o. The president must hate this country to be wasting scarce resources like that.

No money was given, take a chill pill first. The scammer needed encouragement to believe his scam tactics were still effective. If money was intended to exchange hands, do you think NEXIM would have been the bank to disburse the funds? The so called pledge was made donkey years ago and dude just woke up to reality, now he is resorting to blackmail. But it never augurs well for the blackmailer. By the time pictures or videos of what transpired at NEXIM surfaces, folks on here might just recant their statements.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 24, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You are too cool with your analysis. I like the Ali part. Haha. Bash Ali will bash Ali. Lol.

Thanks bro. The man might have been an average fighter in his hey days, but later in life he just rehearsed scripts like they do in WWF or is it WWE? I dunno these days. I stopped watching long ago. grin
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 24, 2015
Funpeter:
The fight i want to see is mayweather vs Bash Ali
Fighting alone will give him 50m dols not to talk when he eventually wins which I know he can do, that's mad money.

Haba! Haba! Haba! Haba! That is not a fair challenge nah anh! Anh! The challenge should be between bash Ali and Joe lasisi. That is his league. Talk about bringing catapult to an Uzi (sub machine gun) fight. There can only be one definite outcome. Fatality.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Eluwilussit(m): 12:48am On Feb 24, 2015
mekula:

Thanks bro. The man might have been an average fighter in his hey days, but later in life he just rehearsed scripts like they do in WWF or is it WWE? I dunno these days. I stopped watching long ago. grin

Bash Ali na our own hero. Local hero. My cousins used to worship Bash o. Seriously, must they humiliate the guy? Isn't there a way this could have been settled without this embarrassment? They should free our legend o.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Akpabio02(m): 12:48am On Feb 24, 2015
dis is de person dat de whole world respected n he give nigeria to be knwn in boxing look at hw dey are treating him nw as a nobody,nigeria chai dey s God ooh
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by IYANGBALI: 1:52am On Feb 24, 2015
Condense:
#Freebashiali
He is just a misunderstood living boxing legend
misunderstooded by who?
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by orble: 4:04am On Feb 24, 2015
RockMaxi:
$30million or what! That's more than 5.7billion naira.

What shock is that.

Fools are always disgusting
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by olajide8(m): 4:53am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/23/bash-ali-lands-in-kuje-prison/
This is how corruption is perpetrated in nigeria* give the MD what he wants you get your money, you don't give him you neither get your money nor do you stage your fight.
The police are also used to stage this act of corruption and that's why I say this government is corrupt everyday I go through this - and that's why I had to go back into paid employment, I wish he had recorded the act.
But for now no evidence.
Bash - kpele welcome to abuja
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by Emmahunk(m): 6:15am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:

NEXIM bank is short for national export and import bank. Don't know why GEJ directed they should grant him facility from the bank to sponso, r the proposed fight.

It's meant to be a bank for people involved in forex transactions and other importation biz per se don't know how fight sponsorship enter their schedule

Thanks a million times. Like I said, something was wrong with the whole stuff from the onset. Maybe, the MD is actually fighting for a chunk of the money that the powers that be, have probably promised him and out of the grant. If that be the case, then it's unfortunate if our own Ali thought he could BOX his way out of it.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by onatisi(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2015
“He was arrested
alongside five others when he
trespassed into the premises
on the bank, using a bus to
block the entrance into the
building, thereby restricting
staff from getting into their
offices.”. People seem to be overlooking the main reason he was arrested. How can u take a bus to block the entrance of a bank and expect no retaliation.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by pendy79: 6:42am On Feb 24, 2015
datribune:

dis is so outrageous. d drunkard is not only clueless but so so wasteful. Baba God wetin we do to deserve dis kain eediot. smh

We have a chance to correct that next month, we can't continue lamenting alone, lets go out and reclaim our country from the thieving cabal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by datribune: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:

We have a chance to correct that next month, we can't continue lamenting alone, lets go out and reclaim our country from the thieving cabal.

Thanx. I hav my PVC. We must change dis putrid status-quo.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by ElFenomeno1: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2015
Idi//ot. Serves him right
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by MrOlai: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2015
Our government made a great mistake in this. $30 million for what? This is about N6 billion with d current exchange rate!

N6 billion would bring about a positive significant change in d lives of Nigerians if prudently invested! May be in employment, education, health, etc. We have serious problems in this country!

For Bash Ali & d government wasting our money, records are made. They are not bought. Muhammed Ali & some of his ring mates are still alive today. Any of them could still come up & stage this same ridiculous fight to be d oldest man to fight on d ring. But, they wouldn't do that because they know that records are not meant to be bought.

You should all remember that u would be wasting our money at d expense of d lives of so many poor Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by lonelydora: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2015
pendy79:

You dey talk like say you no dey 9ja, you need to know what obtains in government circles at the moment.

The civil service is a shadow of itself now. Senators amd reps are bribed to shoot up budgetary allocations to ministries and agencies with the promise of juicy contracts they will either sell to third parties or they collect the money and never do the job. Guess who does oversight function to those agencies and ministries? Same people who pep up the budgets in the first place.

Nigeria is in real trouble and I hope wise counsel prevail in the country.

That's why we need change. Sai Buhari.
Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by mbhs139(m): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2015
Hanibal:
Land

this land is not for sale beware of 419

...and my son, Seun

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison by geraob1: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2015
NWAOCHIEBO:
Bash Ali raped my Girlfriend, I swear I will never forgive that bastard..He should rot dia, nah womanizer he be..

You for go fight am Na. Make hospital be ur permanent home.. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Unveiled As Pop Cola Ambassador (Photos, Video) / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.