Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (70515 Views)

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) / Photo:see A Final Year Student Of Unizik That Just Finish Her Final Degree Exam / Wole Soyinka’s Daughter Who’s A Professor Storms Covenant University (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by DatechMan(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2015
This is all I have to say

Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by absky5(m): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2015
my statistic lecturer does dat alwayz....if u disturb the lecture, he will tell u to buy 20 leaves exercise book and write "i will nt disturb d class aqain" if u come late also, he will tell u to do same tin.......
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by richielan: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2015
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.cashbay20.com
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:
A lecture told a friend of mine to write "I will never come late to meeting again" in 2A exercise book just because she went late to a meeting the lecture organized to orientiate them on how to go about their seminar and project.

I have never came across this before during my undergraduate days, I don't know if anybody have experienced this before.

it is DISCIPLINE!
it is better than asking a full grown mature adult to kneel down or do frog jump.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by chiefopiro: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2015
the magnitude of this one is very small to compare to mine. mine was to write with 80 leaves i.e higher education note book, which I spent complete 3night writing......
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2015
This is small... as a covenant university student in 2011, I've written the whole book of luke before.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2015
richielan:
Single person Makes $389,844/Yr in Her Spare Time on The Computer Without Selling
Anything,,, through the site given below
cashbay20.com
"I basically make $30,000-$40,000 a month online.Through this site.
Lol... There is God oo.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by fuke(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2015
oluwadanie1:
hehehe

I have come across so called punishments such as this but I haven't experienced one myself.

it must be very frustrating.
what sort of a lecturer does that?? naija and their mentality sha.

a better punishment would have been to instruct the offender to read a whole textbook and answer questions on it or explain.(at least he/she would have gained something).

i'll classify this as wastage of time and resources.
wastage of paper and wastage of ink.

SMH

Training. That is what it is called.
This is why many here are not matured talking gibberish.
Next time she will not be late to a meeting keeping a prof waiting.
In some schools, you dare not enter a class 5 minutes the prof had been there.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by ping72: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:
A lecture told a friend of mine to write "I will never come late to meeting again" in 2A exercise book just because she went late to a meeting the lecture organized to orientiate them on how to go about their seminar and project.

I have never came across this before during my undergraduate days, I don't know if anybody have experienced this before.
I'm not suprised...Your grammar is terrible.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by fuke(m): 10:21am On Feb 24, 2015
richielan:
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.cashbay20.com
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

Fraud.
If its so easy teach it your extended family and make everybody a millionaire.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by marostan(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2015
Hahhhhaha... This is very funny. I have once had such experience in 2010 during my youth service year. We did something in the camp, the camp commandant told the whole corp members to write his name on 10pages of a fullscap sheet. The people that sells fullscap sheet used it as an avenue to make money by selling a sheet as high as #10. Imagine the number of corpers that came camp. We all did and submitted. Lol..
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2015
Bullshit of the highest order, not even a vc can make me do such undecided
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by FredHandsome(m): 10:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Such a gruelling and silly punishment.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2015
This one dey enter subconscious STRAIGHT! grin
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by hardbody: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:

Nope its a fedral grin

I have been trying to condone your tenses and spelling errors. Be careful. This why some other lecturer will ask you to write "federal' in 24 exercise books. By then you will 'came' across that type of punishment. Be careful.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by PStacks(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:

cheesy me sef never came across this kind english before.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by omortoyosi01(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2015
I once had dis experience while in secondary school... Was asked to write I would never b stupid in school again 500 times kiss kiss[i][/i]
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by laprince(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2015
izuch:
Maybe she's dumb nd the only way to make it register in her brain is to ask her to write it as many times as possible. I hope it actually does register and she doesn't come late again cause if she does, God help her na 500 leaves, long hard cover she'll have to fill. Some people only learn the hard way.

Is this how learning and teaching is best carried out?

Go out of Nigeria, then you will know your lecturers are simply wicked
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by chidimmaaa(f): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
2A and you think its punishment? I once filled a 40 leaves with "I will never sleep in class again" when I was in ss1
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:
Thanks mod. For moving my thread to the front page for proper contribution.
6th for this year and 5th for this month, sign of good things as usual. cheesy

Long live me and my generation
Long live Seun Osewa
Long live the Moderators
Long live Nairaland
Long live the contributors
Long live Nairalanders
Long live Dr. GEJ
Long live Federal Republic Of Nigeria

I am ashamed of your write up bro, because you stated boldly that you are a graduate.
Kindly go back and review all you wrote up there...How can you not be able to construct a coherent and correct sentence as a graduate...plz start from first page##
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Tinyemeka(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:

Damn shame that the lecturer himself is equally illiterate in Grammar structure.

See a whole exercise book filled in EVERY line with errors.

Oya, pokers, come and poke holes and find errors in my post.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by knowledge4(m): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
Face the fact
Why should a student come late?
That is indiscipline that must be punished
Those blaming the Professor are condoning laxity and indiscipline
No wonder many things are upside down in our society
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by kingsangoda: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
Passing JAMB, WAEC, GCE and NECO have never been so easy @ http://prepground.com/
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by tombeh(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
This one na real punishment ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Skoopy(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
ignis:
Silly punishment, at the end of the day, one end up wasting precious time ,energy and resources, without learning anything.

Saying she isn't going to learn anything is not true, at the least, she'll learn never to be late for meetings again, even after school.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by privatetisa(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
[quote author=wunmi590 post=31027169]Thanks mod. For moving my thread to the front page for proper contribution.

Long live Seun Osewa
Long live the Moderators
Long live Nairaland
Long live Nairalanders
Long live Dr. GEJ
Long live Federal Republic Of Nigeria[/

quote]
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by privatetisa(m): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:
Thanks mod. For moving my thread to the front page for proper contribution.

Long live Seun Osewa
Long live the Moderators
Long live Nairaland
Long live Nairalanders
Long live Dr. GEJ
Long live Federal Republic Of Nigeria

That's what you wanted now. And it was the reason for coming (making) up such false story. Nairalandets now come up with different lies and funny stuff all because they crave front page.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by blakky97(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
wunmi590:

plz what school? I know you dont even know why im asking.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by allalla(m): 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
cozy7:
Na her project be that?
correct project oooh....
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by wunmi590(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
privatetisa:

That's what you wanted now. And it was the reason for coming (making) up such false story. Nairalandets now come up with different lies and funny stuff all because they crave front page.

How do u knw is a false stry? Do u tink evrybdy wil b lik u?

SMH
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by AJbarka(m): 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hmmmmmm you reminded me of my secondary school those days.... "IAM READY TO LEARN, I WILL NOT DISOBEY MY TEACHER AGAIN" in 10 fulls cap sheet... oh my God! it was terrible. embarassedHmmmmmm you reminded me of my secondary school those days.... "IAM READY TO LEARN, I WILL NOT DISOBEY MY TEACHER AGAIN" in 10 fulls cap sheet... oh my God! it was terrible.
Re: See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) by Cc02(f): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
oluwadanie1:
hehehe

I have come across so called punishments such as this but I haven't experienced one myself.

it must be very frustrating.
what sort of a lecturer does that?? naija and their mentality sha.

a better punishment would have been to instruct the offender to read a whole textbook and answer questions on it or explain.(at least he/she would have gained something).

i'll classify this as wastage of time and resources.
wastage of paper and wastage of ink.

SMH

what naija needs now is not self devaluing punishment but self upgrading ones.
I agree to ur suggestion.
d lecturer was trapped in the 19s for him to issue out DAT kind of kiddies joke as punishment to an adult.
I mean in prisons d white has a thing calls therapy or rehabilitation where
offenders re learn what the law is and how to b a better law abiding individual when they are done serving their jail time.
at rimes d inmates work and earn money as these will help them inculcate a new sense of responsibility
but in naija here u av offenders being punished ( not corrected with punishment but damaged and condemn with it) only to have them come back more dangerous and hateful than before.
God help us
just passing by

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing 15-Year-Old JSS2 Ogun Student Found In Boyfriend's House Enjoying / Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year / Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.