Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple (5831 Views)

Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Checkout This Monkey That Understands Nigerian Language(video) / Big Monkey Shot Dead In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2015
An Indian couple who were ostracised after their families disapproved of their wedding have decided to leave all their property to their pet monkey.

Brajesh Srivastava and wife Shabista told BBC Hindi they were "lonely for many years" before they bought Chunmun the monkey in 2005 for 500 rupees ( $8 ).The couple, who have no children, say they have raised him like a son. Mr Srivastava is Hindu and his wife is Muslim, and inter-faith marriages are still controversial in parts of India.

Mrs Srivastava says both their families shunned them after their marriage and that they were lonely until they bought Chunmun."He was a baby then, less than a month old, and his mother had died after being electrocuted," she says. She feeds Chunmun a diet of milk, fruit and home-cooked meals. His room has an air-conditioner to keep it cool in the summer and a heater to warm it in the winters.

The couple say they were "lonely for many years" until "Chunmun came into our lives"In 2010, the couple arranged a lavish wedding for Chunmun to a female monkey named Bitti Yadav.

The two monkeys live together at the couple's home, and have a party for their wedding anniversary every year. Mr Srivastava said his business has improved and the family has seen prosperity ever since they adopted Chunmun.

The house in Raebareli town in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh where the Srivastavas live is named Chunmun and the couple talk about the simian with the indulgence of fond parents."For breakfast he has pomegranate and a glass of milk. At 10am, he has a home-cooked meal of lentils, bread, vegetables and chutney,"

Mrs Srivastavasays. She says Chunmun went through a phase where he would bite people."A doctor we consulted said it was illegal to keep a wild animal as pet," she says.

"When we heard that, we started crying and told him that Chunmun was like our son. He felt sorry for us and spoke to some officials on our behalf. He also levelled Chunmun's teeth so that he won't be able to bite people," she says.

The lucky monkey, upon the couple’s death, will inherit all of their property: land, a home, and bank account worth several million rupees. Additionally, a trust fund was established to assist animal rescue efforts in the region.The heir to the couple’s estate is pampered like a prince. He eats choice food, most of what its owners dine on; no scraps are allowed for this royal member of the family. The pet monkey also has strict living arrangements in place, and his comfort is held to a premium. In the winter, he has heat blowers in his quarters, and in the summer sweltering heat, he is kept cool by air conditioning.

Wow!!!

Friends: Is this the case of "True Love" bringing good things your way despite contrary opinions from family and friends?

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/02/19/Indian_monkey_set_to_inherit_fortune/

1 Share

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by bewla(m): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2015
i thing that thing look like is mom am i right
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Topkush: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2015
Make I just buy the monkey

4 Likes

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by englishmart(m): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2015
you don't know the kind of monkey it is.... Indians are unpredictable.... That could be a human

3 Likes

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by ggrin(f): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2015
gringringringringrin
Who fit turn me to monkeyembarassedcry
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by absoluteSuccess: 7:38am On Feb 24, 2015
What happens when the monkey dies too?

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Vicotex(m): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2015
ONE OF THOSE APC LIES.
Whenever SATAN listens to one of APC's lies, he
screams "GOD FORBID".

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by dharay99: 7:41am On Feb 24, 2015
The beginning of madness...
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by dandydrey(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2015
Oshi
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by mcocolok(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2015
The NEXT THING WE GO HEAR SAY BANANA INHERIT PROPERTY....

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
Vicotex:
ONE OF THOSE APC LIES.
Whenever SATAN listens to one of APC's lies, he
screams "GOD FORBID".

The Political section is not here, dear heart. It is elsewhere......
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by alberto2k(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
The monkey go just sell everything and take am buy banana angry

He might even visit banana island with the money thinking its a place full of banana grin
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by simplemach(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
U'll see girls now ready to marry the monkey

2 Likes

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by dandydrey(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
ggrin:
gringringringringrin

Receive!!!
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Vicotex(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The Political section is not here, dear heart. It is elsewhere......
ok
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2015
dharay99:
J
mcocolok:
s
jchima14:
ok
kolubo:
okooloyun1:

Leaders of tomorrow...... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

OK o...hope my dog will also be able to inherit all the Naira GEJ stole from the nations treasury
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by TDstarr: 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
make dem adopt me cheesy
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by justi4jesu(f): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
ggrin:
gringringringringrin

You sure say you no be one already lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by kolubo(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
The are just reasoning like monkey themselves coz d person that will be taking care of d monkey is definitely d owner of d properties.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by okooloyun1(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2015
This couple need a hard knock on their heads to reset their brain to factory setting, hw are they sure they will both die b4 d monkey.

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by lonelydora: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2015
Wetin man pikin no go hear for Indian?

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by dharay99: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Leaders of tomorrow...... smiley

Leaders of today.

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2015
alberto2k:
The monkey go just sell everything and take am buy banana angry

He might even visit banana island with the money thinking its a place full of banana grin

grin
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by alberto2k(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2015
ggrin:
gringringringringrin
Oya bring your head here. grin

Make I perform Oji-moi-moi magic for your big head grin
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by InwehAkpevwe(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2015
I guess the couple thought it would be beneficial for their kharma.....

1 Like

Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by realGURU(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2015
#sendTHEMTOkikiriNOW!
Re: Indian Monkey Set To Inherit Fortune From Ostracised Couple by dandydrey(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2015
Obo lasan lasan.. Chaiii

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

American Bully Puppies For Sale...... Exclusive Standard Puppies / My Female Caucasian Is On Her First Heat. / Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.