Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (138480 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2015
DanIndia:
Hey folks,

Anyone know a way to fully emulate the labbing/practice workboy for CCNP ? No live gears whatsoever.
nice job you're doing. Need a lil help here. I'm studying for ccna on my own n watching videos on youtube 2. I'm jez kinda stalk when it comes to the practical aspect, the ios configuration and the likes. Is there a way I can improve myslf on d practical aspect. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:18am On Oct 20, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
nice job you're doing. Need a lil help here. I'm studying for ccna on my own n watching videos on youtube 2. I'm jez kinda stalk when it comes to the practical aspect, the ios configuration and the likes. Is there a way I can improve myslf on d practical aspect. Thanks
What simulator are you using? Packet tracker and gns3 are ok and free. I use packet tracker. You can download them.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by LabourParty(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2015
ptoall1000:

What simulator are you using? Packet tracker and gns3 are ok and free. I use packet tracker. You can download them.

I use Boson Netsim. But gns3 is very good too.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
ptoall1000:

don't even know wah u talking of. I read only books. I'll google em up and download. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
Yes, the only way is practice. If you have any issues, you can post your configs and trust me, the folks here will help. I'll be here too.
GrAnDwEeZ:
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2015
I also found a cisco packet tracer android app. So l learn down on d bed and lab with my phone. So lovely.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Macfortune(m): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2015
DanIndia:
Hey folks,

DanIndia here. I'm planning to start a study group on Cisco certifications... as of now, it will be purely basic stuffs - CCNA topics mostly.
If anyone is interested in participating and is up for some hardcore hours labbing and has a laptop with the required specifications to run GNS3 and Packet Tracer, and is looking to motivate others, learn with others then comment on this thread and let me know if you're interested.

P.S: This is no advertisement for a Cisco Institution or some course with an Institution or whatsoever. This is just a personal invitation to learn together as a group. No charges and there will never be. It's 100% free... and this will continue for a long time and will be sharing career opportunities too.
Dear Sir,
I'm a novice in networking and wish to learn, I'm asking if your plan will benefit a novice like me...
Waiting for your Reply... Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
ptoall1000:
I have question guys. I have this cisco switch 2950 or so in an adhoc network. The switch give dhcp service to client. It has no vlans manually configured. However i want to add an access point to it to broadcast wireless. Do i need to configure the port for access point as trunk? Also must I use cross cable for the connection?

Hi
this is what you do and you wont have the headache that i have experienced many times.
1. do you want the wireless network to be on a different subnet, if so just plug the wireless AP to any of the access ports and cross your finger and hope that the AP will give your devices a suitable IP range.

2. If you want to design it properly where the wireless device can talk to the rest of the network as well as be able to print, then log into the AP and disable the DHCP scope on it ( It is turned on by default)

3. DONOT connect the cable from the switch to the internet port on the AP. Connect it to the LAN/ethernet port

4. Verify that your switchport is in access mode ( assuming that you want to pass only the native Vlan)

5. Test Test Test.

6. Then feel free to take your laptop to the toilet and comment on this post while you take a dump.

Public notice.
If you need any cisco equipment, i have many for sale.... it was used for my ccie lab.... all of the work great
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 5:52am On Oct 22, 2015
What is nating used for? Is it for vpn connection?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hello there Macfortune,

Of course, it will. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to start this thread. But for someone who is new to the Networking World, I'd recommend you to first learn a little about networking and user devices. How they work, types of connections etc. All these you can find on YouTube. If you need help finding links, please comment back.

Thanks for stopping by.
Macfortune:

Dear Sir,
I'm a novice in networking and wish to learn, I'm asking if your plan will benefit a novice like me...
Waiting for your Reply... Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
No it's not for VPN. NAT is Network Address Translation. If not for NAT, the IPv4 address range would have been exhausted years ago.. and as funny as it is sounds, everyone on planet earth uses NAT. I bet you're using it now, too. It's just a way of translating your unroutable private address at home to a routable IP address that can be routed on the Internet.
ptoall1000:
What is nating used for? Is it for vpn connection?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
HAHA You're addicted to LABBING, I see.
ptoall1000:
I also found a cisco packet tracer android app. So l learn down on d bed and lab with my phone. So lovely.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
@ptoall, it's a L3 switch ba. I don't think you'll need to configure it as a trunk.

And like TechSupport has mentioned - TEST TEST TEST.
@Techsupport, what gears are you planning to get rid of ?
Techsupport:

Hi
this is what you do and you wont have the headache that i have experienced many times.
1. do you want the wireless network to be on a different subnet, if so just plug the wireless AP to any of the access ports and cross your finger and hope that the AP will give your devices a suitable IP range.

2. If you want to design it properly where the wireless device can talk to the rest of the network as well as be able to print, then log into the AP and disable the DHCP scope on it ( It is turned on by default)

3. DONOT connect the cable from the switch to the internet port on the AP. Connect it to the LAN/ethernet port

4. Verify that your switchport is in access mode ( assuming that you want to pass only the native Vlan)

5. Test Test Test.

6. Then feel free to take your laptop to the toilet and comment on this post while you take a dump.

Public notice.
If you need any cisco equipment, i have many for sale.... it was used for my ccie lab.... all of the work great
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
For Networking, you need more than just books bro
GrAnDwEeZ:
don't even know wah u talking of. I read only books. I'll google em up and download. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
DanIndia:
@ptoall, it's a L3 switch ba. I don't think you'll need to configure it as a trunk.

And like TechSupport has mentioned - TEST TEST TEST.
@Techsupport, what gears are you planning to get rid of ?

2 3550 EMI switch
2 2800 ISR Router
2 1841
2 1900 router IOS 15.4
1 ACS 1113
2 2950 switch
1 2960 G
1 wireless controller
2 cisco wireless AP
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
Techsupport:

2 3550 EMI switch
2 2800 ISR Router
2 1841
2 1900 router IOS 15.4
1 ACS 1113
2 2950 switch
1 2960 G
1 wireless controller
2 cisco wireless AP
Which of ur routers can be used to configure voip?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Could you please list them with prices ?

Thanks
Techsupport:

2 3550 EMI switch
2 2800 ISR Router
2 1841
2 1900 router IOS 15.4
1 ACS 1113
2 2950 switch
1 2960 G
1 wireless controller
2 cisco wireless AP
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Macfortune(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
DanIndia:
Hello there Macfortune,

Of course, it will. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to start this thread. But for someone who is new to the Networking World, I'd recommend you to first learn a little about networking and user devices. How they work, types of connections etc. All these you can find on YouTube. If you need help finding links, please comment back.

Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks Sir,
I wouldn't b grateful if u help me with the necessary links.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
ptoall1000:

Which of ur routers can be used to configure voip?
the ISR routers. I have 2 cisco 79XX phones too
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
DanIndia:
Could you please list them with prices ?

Thanks
Do you want all of them sir. the real problem will be shipping them to you. i dont know the going rate in nigeria ( assuming that is where you are)
2 3550 EMI switch- $150 ea
2 2800 ISR Router $180 ea
2 1841 $100 ea
2 1900 router IOS 15.4 $300 ea almost brand new
1 ACS 1113 $200
2 2950 switch Free
1 2960 G $80
1 wireless controller $100
2 cisco wireless AP $40 ea
1 ASA 5505 $200
2 cisco 7900 phones Free

Shipping included....
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Nopes, I'm not in Nigeria. Where will you be shipping them from ? And they seem to be a bit pricey. I could actually buy the switches but again depends on the cost. Let me know.
Techsupport:

Do you want all of them sir. the real problem will be shipping them to you. i dont know the going rate in nigeria ( assuming that is where you are)
2 3550 EMI switch- $150 ea
2 2800 ISR Router $180 ea
2 1841 $100 ea
2 1900 router IOS 15.4 $300 ea almost brand new
1 ACS 1113 $200
2 2950 switch Free
1 2960 G $80
1 wireless controller $100
2 cisco wireless AP $40 ea
1 ASA 5505 $200
2 cisco 7900 phones Free

Shipping included....
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
DanIndia:
Nopes, I'm not in Nigeria. Where will you be shipping them from ? And they seem to be a bit pricey. I could actually buy the switches but again depends on the cost. Let me know.

I will be shipping them from the US. where are you. prices are based on where i will ship them to
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you're shipping them from the US, that is a bit pricy then. You're more like giving them out. One could get these gears off eBay for about 50-70$. 150 for those is a lot.

Thanks though
Techsupport:

I will be shipping them from the US. where are you. prices are based on where i will ship them to
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dude no dumps advertisement here. Get the hell outta here man
zenith2k9:
@all....
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Incase, I get connect to this group either through Skype or Google hangouts,...like how much will my data be sapped?

I know the one of whatsapp calling is around 12 mb per minutes cheesy
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2015
It shouldn't cost so much. I know for sure Skype call doesn't charge so much but I don't really recommend it. And folks, I'm currently working on CCNP stuff with a few other folks. We are 3 for now and we could use many others as well. We covered GRE, DMVPN just yesterday evening and today we'll be going about with IPsec and then on to RIPng. If you're interested, please comment and I can send you the link to join the hangout.
baba11:
Incase, I get connect to this group either through Skype or Google hangouts,...like how much will my data be sapped?

I know the one of whatsapp calling is around 12 mb per minutes cheesy
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2015
DanIndia:
It shouldn't cost so much. I know for sure Skype call doesn't charge so much but I don't really recommend it. And folks, I'm currently working on CCNP stuff with a few other folks. We are 3 for now and we could use many others as well. We covered GRE, DMVPN just yesterday evening and today we'll be going about with IPsec and then on to RIPng. If you're interested, please comment and I can send you the link to join the hangout.
I'm still with ccna bro sad
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 11:18am On Nov 03, 2015
Oh I see. How's it going with that ? When do you plan to seat for the exam ?
baba11:

I'm still with ccna bro sad
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2015
DanIndia:
Oh I see. How's it going with that ? When do you plan to seat for the exam ?
Most likely next year
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by debbie(f): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
To all those preparing to write their CCNA,CCNP,CCIE and the rest,bear in mind that CISCO has changed alot of things.The dumps are no longer enough to help you pass.Since a month now people have gotten the shock of their life.When you go in to write any exam expect anything.....they are hitting hard on guys.
I am talking from experience with those that wanted the write and also renew their certifications.
So make una prepare well.
No longer business as usual.......
Cheers
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Alright. All the best
baba11:

Most likely next year

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.