Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (138438 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:31am On Oct 10, 2015
I'm not even dreaming about it. I always tip my hat to the ones that know what they do in Security. It's kind of a broad field.
kode12:

Yes oh,thats why I said don't just bother with security if you're not going all the way. CCNP RnS security is tough enough,anyone with good grounding can implement adequate security protocols
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2015
Hi ptoall1000, welcome to the group.
That was the idea before the thread was created. It was supposed to be a live video conference chat thingy but most people had issues with connection. The first few video sessions I conducted was a bit effy. And yes, I do use Google Hangout for every of the sessions. But, if anyone is up and ready for a live session anytime soon, please let me know. We could plan for one.
ptoall1000:

I think it is better to have a Skype study group or any other video conferencing app. So we can demonstrate and learn better. This platform is just a forum, it can't replace study group.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:37am On Oct 10, 2015
All the very best. smiley It's a very fulfiling track
baba11:

I'm going into security o bro... cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 7:05am On Oct 10, 2015
baba11:

I'm going into security o bro... cool
Farewell bro,we'll learn a little from you one day
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 8:10am On Oct 10, 2015
DanIndia:
Hi ptoall1000, welcome to the group.
That was the idea before the thread was created. It was supposed to be a live video conference chat thingy but most people had issues with connection. The first few video sessions I conducted was a bit effy. And yes, I do use Google Hangout for every of the sessions. But, if anyone is up and ready for a live session anytime soon, please let me know. We could plan for one.
I'm ever ready. Can you do presentation as in use pen and eraser in Google hangout? If so it is good. How many people do you have already in ur google hangout?. I currently manage a collection of SIP Panasonic phones in my office running on IP PBX and also manage a network of many vlans. So I need to have a good grasp of these technologies.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2015
HAha presentation ? That is some money bro. That way I have to use some USB device to write with. I did plan to buy one a couple months ago. Maybe now is a good time to get it as one would definitely need it someday. It's not a matter of how many people I have. It depends on the people who show up on the thread and then I add them and send them a link to join the hangout.

SIP panasonic phones ? That's cool. I don't use any live gears but the last time I played with Voice concepts, I used softphones. When you talk PBX, you're going the Voice track route. Fortunately, that's where I'm headed too but I haven't started studying for those. However, vlan is not a problem at all. How about you do something ? Whatever you need help with, maybe a question or you have issues at work regarding something - just post it here. Believe me, someone will definitely answer your question and put you through whatever you need help with
ptoall1000:

I'm ever ready. Can you do presentation as in use pen and eraser in Google hangout? If so it is good. How many people do you have already in ur google hangout?. I currently manage a collection of SIP Panasonic phones in my office running on IP PBX and also manage a network of many vlans. So I need to have a good grasp of these technologies.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2015
DanIndia:
HAha presentation ? That is some money bro. That way I have to use some USB device to write with. I did plan to buy one a couple months ago. Maybe now is a good time to get it as one would definitely need it someday. It's not a matter of how many people I have. It depends on the people who show up on the thread and then I add them and send them a link to join the hangout.
SIP panasonic phones ? That's cool. I don't use any live gears but the last time I played with Voice concepts, I used softphones. When you talk PBX, you're going the Voice track route. Fortunately, that's where I'm headed too but I haven't started studying for those. However, vlan is not a problem at all. How about you do something ? Whatever you need help with, maybe a question or you have issues at work regarding something - just post it here. Believe me, someone will definitely answer your question and put you through whatever you need help with
Presentation will cost you anything. I use BigBluebutton in my office. It is a free open source app that you can use to present, collaborate, teach etc. It has pen and eraser and all the teaching tools.
i am also studyng for CISCO voice, but currently we use IP PBX.
I have a question with vlan, i notice some people use fibre optics for trunk ports. Is it the normal way of splicing the cable for other purposes or the Fibre cable has a different splicing for trunking between switches?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
hello everyone.. I intend studying CCNA, but i can't find anywhere in awka, anambra state to learn n write d exam. Please i basically want to venture into the technical support package. So please network engineers here shud pls advice me on the steps and tips to take so as not to get entangled along the line. God bless you. thanks!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
kode12:

Farewell bro,we'll learn a little from you one day
By God's grace....
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
DanIndia:
All the very best. smiley It's a very fulfiling track
Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
jeffcheddy:
hello everyone.. I intend studying CCNA, but i can't find anywhere in awka, anambra state to learn n write d exam. Please i basically want to venture into the technical support package. So please network engineers here shud pls advice me on the steps and tips to take so as not to get entangled along the line. God bless you. thanks!
Are u studying just to pass exam or to know networking. If it is for exam u can use dumps and Todd Lammle text book. To know networking you may have to attend a more practical session, even if it is for a week in Lagos or any other city.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Yes, presentation will cost something. Even if BigBlueButton is a free app, you still need a device to take your writings and put them on a screen, right? That's where the expenses come in.

And I'll answer your question from my own experience. I've never used fiber connections for trunk ports between switches. The closest I've gone to that is using a GIGABIT Ethernet Port but these days are being replaced with Fiber switch ports. And no, it's not the normal way of splicing cable for other purposes.
ptoall1000:

Presentation will cost you anything. I use BigBluebutton in my office. It is a free open source app that you can use to present, collaborate, teach etc. It has pen and eraser and all the teaching tools.
i am also studyng for CISCO voice, but currently we use IP PBX.
I have a question with vlan, i notice some people use fibre optics for trunk ports. Is it the normal way of splicing the cable for other purposes or the Fibre cable has a different splicing for trunking between switches?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
That being said, I'd not advise you to dump an exam. It's starting to devalue the certificates. I know a few recruiters and interviewers who've mentioned a few CCNA certified candidates couldn't state why STP needs to be implemented in a production environment, in an interview. Study to know networking. It is only then you'll be classified a Network Admin.

ptoall1000:

Are u studying just to pass exam or to know networking. If it is for exam u can use dumps and Todd Lammle text book. To know networking you may have to attend a more practical session, even if it is for a week in Lagos or any other city.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
@ptoall1000, thanks for the quick response. Actually i just dont want to study to pass the exam, but i want to know the rudiments involved practically n theoretically in becoming a technical support engineer professionally after studying d course. Can i achieve dis by studying CCNA alone? And pls do u hv any idea how much it cost, studying d course currently? Thanks..
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2015
Ok. My own advise for you is to get ur CCNA and then watch a lot of videos on Comptia Network+, this will expose you to other non-cisco technologies and do some internship or apprenticeship in cybercafe or with a field person to get hands-on skills.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2015
send me d link too.. Im interested. chibuoyimjajuruonwu@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
I hv very good CCNA videos, ICND 1 and 2. I'm willing to give it out free only I don't know how to send them. I'm based in Abuja.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
I am not sure if you know this yet but this is not a thread to share such stuffs. These people put in a lot of work not to be shared for free. There are people online surfing for pirated videos spread around. Be careful. Cisco places life ban on such people
ptoall1000:
I hv very good CCNA videos, ICND 1 and 2. I'm willing to give it out free only I don't know how to send them. I'm based in Abuja.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ok. I didn't know.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hey folks,

Anyone know a way to fully emulate the labbing/practice workboy for CCNP ? No live gears whatsoever.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2015
What actually is the main reason for using patch panel networking?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 11:06am On Oct 16, 2015
ptoall1000:
What actually is the main reason for using patch panel networking?
If i understandd what youre asking,patch panels are used so that the cabling for networking can be put in a conduit and hidden off from movement so that just a few feet of cable is visible to the users in the environment. With patch panels,immediately the cables are installed,the part in the ceiling or within walls remains in good condition and are not susceptible to cuts or breaks. If you were to use a long cable directly from your switch to the PC or other device and for some unfortunate reason it cuts or gets broken you'd have to change the full lenght but with patch panels you simply replace the patch cable between the wall and PC or wall and switch.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
in the places i see patch panels, if a switch is place in rack, cables from inside the face plates through a conduit, and get terminated first on a patch panel in the rack, then another short cable comes from the patch panel to the switch. Why cant the cable coming from the wall sucket (face plate), enter the conduit then terminate on the switch.?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2015
ptoall1000:

can u recommend a place in lagos and if you've any idea of how much it'll cost?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
can u recommend a place in lagos and if you've any idea of how much it'll cost?
I'm not based in Lagos so I don't know.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by bunnainvest1: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bunnanysc@gmail.com. Pls I am interested in the session too ....
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by macaranta(m): 12:57am On Oct 18, 2015
Hello all,I stumbled on this thread and it is nice.I see that you guys are having a hard time scheduling your classes to suit everyone's timing.
Could you guys kindly use our website for your online classes ,it is specifically built for things like this.
It supports group discussions ,media uploads,YouTube link videos,Quizzes etc and it is easy to use as interactions through course group is supported.

I'm happy its even a free class as that's what we want for now since its a new website.
The website is macaranta.com. You just need to sign up,while @ DanIndia will apply for an instructor account after signing up to enable him create the courses you all need to learn and interact on and we will approve asap.

If you have any questions kindly ask.Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have question guys. I have this cisco switch 2950 or so in an adhoc network. The switch give dhcp service to client. It has no vlans manually configured. However i want to add an access point to it to broadcast wireless. Do i need to configure the port for access point as trunk? Also must I use cross cable for the connection?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by 1wolex85: 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
ptoall1000:
I have question guys. I have this cisco switch 2950 or so in an adhoc network. The switch give dhcp service to client. It has no vlans manually configured. However i want to add an access point to it to broadcast wireless. Do i need to configure the port for access point as trunk? Also must I use cross cable for the connection?
access port straight through
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 4:17am On Oct 19, 2015
Tnx
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
A wonderful initiative, I must say. Is this completely free ? No hidden charges?
macaranta:
Hello all,I stumbled on this thread and it is nice.I see that you guys are having a hard time scheduling your classes to suit everyone's timing.
Could you guys kindly use our website for your online classes ,it is specifically built for things like this.
It supports group discussions ,media uploads,YouTube link videos,Quizzes etc and it is easy to use as interactions through course group is supported.

I'm happy its even a free class as that's what we want for now since its a new website.
The website is macaranta.com. You just need to sign up,while @ DanIndia will apply for an instructor account after signing up to enable him create the courses you all need to learn and interact on and we will approve asap.

If you have any questions kindly ask.Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by macaranta(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
DanIndia:
A wonderful initiative, I must say. Is this completely free ? No hidden charges?

200% free...you get to even make money when you create paid courses and students subscribe for it.We are currently in need of instructors to help us generate relevant content .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (57) (Reply)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.