Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137998 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by issylarry(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
DanIndia:
We are starting precisely on the 15th and If you can lay your hands on an E-copy of the CCNA 200-120 Official Cert Guide by Cisco Press, that'll be very useful as we'll be using that topic wise. We might move on a fast pace so I'd be glad if you can do some catching up later after the sessions, as the folks and I planning to conduct the sessions are heading for CCNP. We're just doing a CCNA brush-up.

I tink I hv dt on my system
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
Really ? Then that's all you need for the sessions then. We are scheduling the first for 15th and it will be for as long as you can.
issylarry:

I tink I hv dt on my system
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by issylarry(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
DanIndia:
Really ? Then that's all you need for the sessions then. We are scheduling the first for 15th and it will be for as long as you can.
Tnx a lot
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by xvier1: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2015
Please i was configuring frame-relay multipoint design using packet tracer.using 3 routers (ie a head office and 2 branch offices) connected tru the cloud. I have attached a copy of my packet tracer. All the passwords are 'cisco' for both switches and routers and am running EIGRP routing protocol.The challenge i have is that i cannot ping the branch office routers even when the network is up and running.Also, how do i turn off split horizon(maybe its one of the problem y i cant ping the locations). please also let me know what i need to know about my simple diagram;errors and recommendations. am just done with my ccna about to start ccnp.

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by issylarry(m): 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
DanIndia:

Buh I don't tink dats the latest edition,d 1 I made use of was 642-813
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2015
No, you need the new one for CCNA v2 which is the 200-120.
issylarry:

Buh I don't tink dats the latest edition,d 1 I made use of was 642-813
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2015
I'm not sure I get you correctly. Is there a way you could share your topology with saved configs. From what I see, you're running EIGRP as the routing protocol and you're not able to ping the routers ? Is that correct ?

Please forgive me for my late response. I'm busy in between exams and I can't make so much time until mid next month. Perhaps, henry could help out.
xvier1:
Please i was configuring frame-relay multipoint design using packet tracer.using 3 routers (ie a head office and 2 branch offices) connected tru the cloud. I have attached a copy of my packet tracer. All the passwords are 'cisco' for both switches and routers and am running EIGRP routing protocol.The challenge i have is that i cannot ping the branch office routers even when the network is up and running.Also, how do i turn off split horizon(maybe its one of the problem y i cant ping the locations). please also let me know what i need to know about my simple diagram;errors and recommendations. am just done with my ccna about to start ccnp.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by issylarry(m): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
DanIndia:
No, you need the new one for CCNA v2 which is the 200-120.

Kk,tnx
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
And xvier1, I think you can actually fix the issue with this topo. You just gotta be patient, check the configs with the sh run command and see what the problem might be. If you can't then do a debug eigrp packets and see if it matches.
xvier1:
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by xvier1: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
DanIndia:
And xvier1, I think you can actually fix the issue with this topo. You just gotta be patient, check the configs with the sh run command and see what the problem might be. If you can't then do a debug eigrp packets and see if it matches.
owk i will try it. about the packet tracer, i just attached the file in the attachment an sent tinking its possible to send with the config.What am trying to do is to simulate the cloud using packet tracer so that my routers can communicatewith each other

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by xvier1: 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
@danindia, check the attachment n download it.u can help me with the config.tanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sure thing.
Are you in a hurry to fix this ? If you could wait for a few more weeks or so, I'd be able to help out with the config. I'm currently busy with other Exams right now and can't dedicate time for CIsco at the moment. Could you wait for a few weeks ?
xvier1:
@danindia, check the attachment n download it.u can help me with the config.tanks

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Mellorix: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2015
DanIndia:
Sure thing.
Are you in a hurry to fix this ? If you could wait for a few more weeks or so, I'd be able to help out with the config. I'm currently busy with other Exams right now and can't dedicate time for CIsco at the moment. Could you wait for a few weeks ?

What other exams are you preparing for ?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
Well, that's somewhat personal, don't you think ?
Mellorix:

What other exams are you preparing for ?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Mellorix: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
DanIndia:
Well, that's somewhat personal, don't you think ?

Alright.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by opymx: 11:21am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Really ? That's great. Are you Cisco certified ? Please tell us a little more about your interests and achievements in/with Cisco technologies ? And the sessions starts on the 15th of this month and are gonna be VIdeo hangouts
opymx:
Only God knows since when I've been searching for a cisco group on Nairaland. I would love to make contributions. My mail id is opymx1@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by mcsensis: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
i am coming in rather late but i really love to join this program, though i have no background knowledge of networking.
my gmail id : mcsensis@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Promxy94(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Really love to join this study group...
Promxy94@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Oh you are welcome to join in. Though the sessions are set to start from the 15th of this month. Do you have any experience in networking ?
Promxy94:
Really love to join this study group...
Promxy94@gmail.com

Oh that's not a problem. But you'll have to do some self study first... try get the CCNA networking book for CCNA.. Todd Lammle new edition is a good one
mcsensis:
i am coming in rather late but i really love to join this program, though i have no background knowledge of networking.
my gmail id : mcsensis@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Southboy(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
DanIndia:
Oh you are welcome to join in. Though the sessions are set to start from the 15th of this month. Do you have any experience in networking ?

Oh that's not a problem. But you'll have to do some self study first... try get the CCNA networking book for CCNA.. Todd Lammle new edition is a good one
where can i get d book? Is there an Ebook for it?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Yes, you can find an E-copy online.. and I just had to order mine online. I like the traditional reading from a book thingy than staring at the screen hehe
Southboy:
where can i get d book? Is there an Ebook for it?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by lekeshoow: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
lekeshoow18@gmail.com
am a fresher, will be going tru some videos first as stated, will be glad to get more help from the house.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Welcome to the group Lekeshoow. I'll recommend watching CTB Nuggets video from Jeremy Coiara and make sure it's the new 200-120 series and not the old ones because the new series have got some new topics that was newly introduced. So you do have a reliable internet for live sessions ?
lekeshoow:
lekeshoow18@gmail.com
am a fresher, will be going tru some videos first as stated, will be glad to get more help from the house.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by opymx: 3:50am On Apr 10, 2015
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
Awesome. 5 more days to go and we'll have our first session.
opymx:

Sure...I am IE certified. I would love to contribute my quota.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by paulsir: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
DanIndia:
Yes, you can find an E-copy online.. and I just had to order mine online. I like the traditional reading from a book thingy than staring at the screen hehe
canu tell us the name of the ebook so dat we can download too.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:54am On Apr 11, 2015
I am not sure if it is downloadable.. you may have to buy it online. It's the 200-120 CCNA book written by Todd Lammle.
paulsir:
canu tell us the name of the ebook so dat we can download too.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 6:55am On Apr 11, 2015
Those of us that don't have luxury of internet connectivities,do we have hope?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.