Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nigerian Passport For An Infant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport For An Infant (5844 Views)

4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog / Bus Crushes Infant To Death In Benue Over N150 Change (PHOTO) / Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
Does my 8 month old need to appear at the passport office in order to be issued a passport?

She didn't have to do that for her US passport as an example.

Please let me know in case someone has done this recently.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Yes, she has to appear to be photo- captured by immigration during the whole process..... cool
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
shinejackie:
Yes, she has to appear to be photo- captured by immigration during the whole process..... cool

Hmm..okay.

I suspected that Nigerias method will be backwards as usual.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
CityNG:

Hmm..okay.

I suspected that Nigerias method will be backwards as usual.

Thanks.

Hahaha, l was there few years ago and was shocked to see a little toddler (l think about 5months old) brought to passport office, l was like WTF, niaja always doing things the archaic way when the rest of the world have moved on and thinking of better ways to ease things for her citizens..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
shinejackie:

Hahaha, l was there few years ago and was shocked to see a little toddler (l think about 5months old) brought to passport office, l was like WTF, niaja always doing things the archaic way when the rest of the world have moved on and thinking of better ways to ease things for her citizens..
This is also done in the us o, you have to take your newborn with you to the passport office or wherever the passport request will be made from. How will they know if the child you are requesting passport exit!
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
mimibe:

This is also done in the us o, you have to take your newborn with you to the passport office or wherever the passport request will be made from. How will they know if the child you are requesting passport exit!

You are saying this as a matter of fact when you are absolutely wrong.

Nigerian's Sha.

All I needed was passport photo, birth certificate and the form.

We even did it at the Post Office.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
CityNG:

Nigerian's Sha.

l was expecting this response from you...... wink
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
CityNG:

Nigerian's Sha.

Did u take ur child to the post office? Cos I took my child to the passport office and the person that attended to us requested to see the child cos my husband was holding the baby while I was been attended to. In atlanta maybe it's differ from state to state. I also got d naija passport in naija embassy in same ATL and they took a picture of him there
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 25, 2015
mimibe:

Did u take ur child to the post office? Cos I took my child to the passport office and the person that attended to us requested to see the child cos my husband was holding the baby while I was been attended to. In atlanta maybe it's differ from state to state. I also got d naija passport in naija embassy in same ATL and they took a picture of him there

Okay, so I guess technically the Postmaster has to have a visual on the infant.

My Wife reminded me that the baby was crying and sh went out to the car while I sorted the forms out with the Postmaster.

However, they did not have to take a picture or have any interaction with the child.
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2015
CityNG:

Okay, so I guess technically the Postmaster has to have a visual on the infant.

My Wife reminded me that the baby was crying and sh went out to the car while I sorted the forms out with the Postmaster.

However, they did not have to take a picture or have any interaction with the child.
They don't take picture, you take your infant picture there
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Daresh(f): 11:36am On Feb 25, 2015
CityNG:
Does my 8 month old need to appear at the passport office in order to be issued a passport?

She didn't have to do that for her US passport as an example.

Please let me know in case someone has done this recently.

Thanks.

Are you sure you did not take your daughter to get her US passport. As I recall, from the rules in 2011, I HAD to take my daughter to get her passport at the library.
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
mimibe:

They don't take picture, you take your infant picture there

They do offer pictures here at my local post office. I watched people in line get their pictures taken.
Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by boldbabe: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
At houston downtown when i applied for my baby's US passport, they requested to see d face of my baby, i had to lift him up for their view because he was in his infant car seat. He was barely one month old then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by lactemps(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
The Nigerian ePassport is a Biometric Passport, for children, they are ONLY required to be PRESENT at the Passport Capture process, because their picture would be taken LIVE.

Nigerian Passport is not given by Proxy.

While Children from 6 years old and Adults have to submit their Bio-details (Finger prints etc)

RUN Far away from Anyone who offers to do your Baby's NIGERIAN EPassport by proxy!!!

This is my 2 Cents.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passport For An Infant by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
lactemps:
The Nigerian ePassport is a Biometric Passport, for children, they are ONLY required to be PRESENT at the Passport Capture process, because their picture would be taken LIVE.

Nigerian Passport is not given by Proxy.

While Children from 6 years old and Adults have to submit their Bio-details (Finger prints etc)

RUN Far away from Anyone who offers to do your Baby's NIGERIAN EPassport by proxy!!!

This is my 2 Cents.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Hope Of Getting Visa To Malta / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen / Photos Of USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.