Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 (20080 Views)

Hypnotised Girl, 17, Gives Parents’ N90,000 To Fraudsters (photo) / Lover Plans To Use Girl, 17, For Money Ritual / 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Well see what you uncle Wole Soyinka thinks about all of you supporting buhari. embarassed embarassed

You will search for love till eons but will never find it since you have mortgaged your brain for a bowl of ewa. Foolish and hopeless inconsequential weasle.
grin grin grin

Cry me a river undecided

Sai buhari

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by 100Cents: 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
sauceny:
Men be getting into troubles with their Ding Dong

But if it were in south west(especially lagos),the man might get just 2yrs or an option of N100k fine + a surety that has an evidence of tax payment of 2yrs.

Because secx is food in SW..
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
searching4love:

Cry me a river undecided

Sai buhari

Tell that to Wole Soyinka not me. grin grin grin grin grin These words came from Wole Soyinka not me so direct your frustration at him undecided undecided

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by 989900: 12:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
This man is wicked.

Make that 70 years.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Cpumping(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nice. But it shdnt take over 3yrs to deliver judgement. At most 2 hours.

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by konjivity: 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I KNOW IT WILL BE IGBO undecided THEY LOVE CRIMES SO MUCH AND IT'S OBVIOUS IN THEIR HUGE SUPPORT FOR CORRUPTION FILLED GEJ. MANY OF THEM ARE ON DEATHROW IN ASIA FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT INSTEAD OF VOTING FOR CHANGE/COMPETENT GOVERNMENT, THEY RESORT TO R.APE, DRUGS AND VARIOUS CRIMES WHEN REALITY HITS THEM HARD. CRAZY PEOPLE sad

Sai Baba cool
Make thunder fire you by all means
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by lozanni(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I KNOW IT WILL BE IGBO undecided THEY LOVE CRIMES SO MUCH AND IT'S OBVIOUS IN THEIR HUGE SUPPORT FOR CORRUPTION FILLED GEJ. MANY OF THEM ARE ON DEATHROW IN ASIA FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT INSTEAD OF VOTING FOR CHANGE/COMPETENT GOVERNMENT, THEY RESORT TO R.APE, DRUGS AND VARIOUS CRIMES WHEN REALITY HITS THEM HARD. CRAZY PEOPLE sad

Sai Baba cool

That is The kind of change you want to introduce. The change That promotes tribalism, Xenophobia, division and bitterness.
The above reasons Are Why The party you support will be heavily defeated next month.

GEJ until 2019.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizTyna:
Add castration or roast his balls too. Maybe all these nonsense will reduce
Haba roasting kee grin
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by spinna: 1:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
Strong man that can't woo a woman- bullies are always cowards -
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by tunde4top(m): 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
The judgement is ungodly and cruel. The aim of a punishment should be to correct, nd not to destroy or condem. Will 35years imprisonment change the life of this man for good or destroy his life ?. A sinner judge will be acting like jetli, punishing fellow sinner with destruction. Dat is why i hate this proffesion. Why not tell him to pay huge amount of money or go for like 1year imprisonment. There are many people here commenting like saints (very bad). There are many corupt/evil politicians working freely, without anybody challenging them. Why should a sinner give a life killing judgement to a fellow sinner ?.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Usjimy(m): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
chinchong:
any land surveyor on nairand?
Hey,
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by E99E(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
No option of fine - That's what we want to hear.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Eluwilussit(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
hazyfm1:
LIFE SENTENCE PLEASE

35 yrs no be beans na. E do.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by lolaxavier(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
Good news.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by hazyfm1: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
Eluwilussit:

35 yrs no be beans na. E do.

grin grin
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Hero10001: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
sauceny:

But if it were in south west(especially lagos),the man might get just 2yrs or an option of N100k fine + a surety that has an evidence of tax payment of 2yrs.
I think the SW punishment is better.
How on earth will you jail a man 35 years for raping?!
Why not just kill him?!
It's a waste of resources though.
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Hero10001: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
sauceny:

I think the SW punishment is better.
How on earth will you jail a man 35 years for raping, when the pple wey dey loot us are celebrated!
Why not just kill him then?!
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by andyanders: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
coldsummer:
Oh that is great news.

Btw, this type if justice, why doesn't it extend to our politicians? Why is it always the common man?

The rapist is NEVER a common man. A rapist is the worst person in the society,
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by basty: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jail these Apes without origin
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by dre11(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
englishmart:
another rape case by dre11

This is a report on a punishment and not the rape itself
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by dre11(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
publicenemy:
Too much

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Glory86: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
DID YOU MISS ANY OF OUR SEMINARS?

O yes, on Thursday and Friday, the 5th and 6th of February respectively, I personally revealed 'The Truth' and the Basic Facts about Internet Business to some corps members and others. At the seminar, they were also shown the legitimate ways they can make money online, and some of such ways were taught EXTENSIVELY. Below are some of the things they were taught in depth:

1.) Online Importation of Brand New Products from
USA and China, at a damn cheap price. Note that
this is not Jumia, Konga, Alibaba, Aliexpress,
Dhgate, Ebay, etc, that you might have known. It's
something completely different. We are going to be
dealing directly with the manufacturers. Some of
the products you can be importing are Brand New
Laptop, Tablet PC, Phones (smart, android, lumia,
blackberry), power banks (both electrically powered
and solar powered), cloths (both for men and
women), shoes, brazilian hair, CCTV, Car tracking
devices (that you can use to set up your own car
tracking company), hollandis, etc, the list is
endless. All these you can buy at a damn cheap
price, starting with a capital of 20k or less. For
instance, you can buy a brand new samsung galaxy
S4 for as low as $80, you an buy a brand new
male suit worth over 20k here in Nigeria for as
low as $25 over there. They were shown
some of the products we have imported live there
at the seminar

2.) How you can customize those goods, with your
own company name, or for other companies and
make cool cash. For instance, you can get a deal
from MTN to supply them with customized phones,
tablet PC, etc. The participants were swept off their feet when this secret was revealed to them.

3.) How you can sell your imported goods fast

4.) How you can advertise and sell your products
online for free

5.) How you can set up premium short codes like
33455, 4100, 7877, etc, and make subscribers send
money to your bank account monthly.

6.) How you can set up caller tune

7.) All these are many more..........

did you miss any of these, don't worry, everything has been packaged for you in the seminar materials, and they are self explanatory. To get the materials, just contact us here: 08074005210, 07038858914

BONUSES:
The seminar package also comes with additional Bonuses. Some of which are:
1.) Over 60 workable business ideas you can do here in
Nigeria
2.) Over 50,000 active GSM Numbers here in
Nigeria, but you can also get the Nationwide GSM
Database from me personally on special request,
that you can use to make cool cash from
politicians in this election
3.) Over 30,000 active email list that you can use
for your digital marketing.
4.) All these and many more.....

For more, call: 07038858914 or 08074005210. Or visit: http:// /yZgtyc. Thanks. you can as well check my facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/ibharedeyiglory.omoye/posts/822166621162580
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by hamingra: 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
I total disagree with the judgement and I would immediately appeal the judgement and petition NJC to reprimand the judge. There was no single physical evidence against the accused persons and a single eyewitness is insufficient prove a case of rape. No semen sample, no doctors report, no third party witness! Haba! It is a travesty of justice.

They couldn't even produce the victims mother to testify on her behalf that she was raped? How could the judge conclude that her testimony was without malice! A rape victim? Haba!
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by englishmart(m): 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
dre11:

This is a report on a punishment and not the rape itself
lol. The punishment has to do with the rape case. No mind me sha... Just kidding
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by dre11(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
englishmart:
lol. The punishment has to do with the rape case. No mind me sha... Just kidding

smiley
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by dre11(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
hamingra:
I total disagree with the judgement and I would immediately appeal the judgement and petition NJC to reprimand the judge. There was no single physical evidence against the accused persons and a single eyewitness is insufficient prove a case of rape. No semen sample, no doctors report, no third party witness! Haba! It is a travesty of justice.

They couldn't even produce the victims mother to testify on her behalf that she was raped? How could the judge conclude that her testimony was without malice! A rape victim? Haba!

Are you sure all this weren't looked into before they did pronounced the judgment.....
Are you expecting the paper to give you a full details of what transpired......... You are on a long thing because am sure they would have called on of those guys that did participate in the rape and do all the necessary medical test before coming to this judgment only that the paper didn't report all

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by hamingra: 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
dre11:

Are you sure all this weren't looked into before they did pronounced the judgment.....
Are you expecting the paper to give you a full details of what transpired......... You are on a long thing because am sure they would have called on of those guys that did participate in the rape and do all the necessary medical test before coming to this judgment only that the paper didn't report all

I pray am wrong and there are more evidence before the court. but the statement of the court about the girl's statement shows clearly that it formed a major factor in determining the case. Also it stated that the other 5 co accused are still st large. It means that it was the man' s word against her own.

He maybe guilty as charged but justice must not only be done but must be seen to be done- beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by dre11(m): 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
hamingra:

I pray am wrong and there are more evidence before the court. but the statement of the court about the girl's statement shows clearly that it formed a major factor in determining the case. Also it stated that the other 5 co accused are still st large. It means that it was the man' s word against her own.

He maybe guilty as charged but justice must not only be done but must be seen to be done- beyond reasonable doubt

You must be a lawyer thenundecided
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Decryptor(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

Sai Baba cool

Weree o! Look at this imbe.cilic idi.ot who was crying the other day about a girl that dumped him. grin Now I know say na either igbo girl dump ur a*se or it was an Igbo guy that took her from you. Sorry o. tongue

After so many attempts to find true love, i can conclude that ladies in this part of the world are thieves. i have been scammed, used and dumped by series of girl pretending they love me. Now I'm looking for a lady from Ghana or South Africa. Any non-Nigerian lady in the house? your attention is needed. undecided

Nigerian girls keep scamming us in the name of love

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by khiaa(f): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Misogynist2014:
That is too much, even an armed robber doesn't get such a sentence, not even in America. 10yrs is enough. It is even possible he didn't commit the crime, I watched a very identical case on Trisha. You don't just dash out sentences like this out of emotions.

In America this man can receive a life sentencing for kidnapping charges alone but with the other charges included he could surely receive a death sentencing. Let's take a look at what he would have been charged with in America.

#1 Rape
#2 Rape of a minor
#3 Participant in a Gang Rape
#4 Inciting a Gang rape(calling his friends to join in)
#5 Kidnapping
#6 Assault with a deadly weapon
#7 Death threaths to her and her parents
#8 Astortion (not sure if I spelled that correctly but you get the picture)

#9 Torture of a fellow human being
I guess he is lucky to be in Nigeria with the 35 year sentencing because those are some horrific crimes much worst than armed robbery. She went through hell.

3 Likes

Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 26, 2015
A judgement well served! Thank you very much Delta State judiciary system. You guys are the best in Nigeria! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Bus Driver Jailed 35 Yrs For Raping Girl, 17 by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 26, 2015
we need this law against rape in the Yoruba land more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Five Year Old Girl Found To Be Pregnant In Plateau State(photo) / Ritualists Kill Couple & Children In Ikorodu, Lagos / 10 Villagers Killed In Agasha, Benue By Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.