Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) (46490 Views)

Cultists On The Run After Raping Girl Repeatedly During Initiation In Delta. / Daddy Touches Me, Puts His Manhood In My Mouth, Gives Me Money- 7yr Old(photo) / Police Arraign Dismissed Officers Over Murder Of 20-year Old (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Islie: 3:20am On Aug 17, 2015
The police in Lagos have arrested a 78-year-old man, Alhaji Dauda Adebowale, for allegedly raping an 11-year-old girl, Remilekun (pseudonym).

The incident was said to have happened in Pen Cinema, in the Agege area of the state.

Our correspondent learnt that sometime in June 2015, Remilekun was passing by a shop where the old man, who hails from Abeokuta, Ogun State, lived when he called to send her on an errand.

When she returned, he was said to have dragged her into the shop and raped her, threatening to kill her if she divulged the act to anyone.

He was said to be living alone in the shop.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Adebowale cashed in on the minor’s fear and thereafter raped her on several occasions.

However, trouble started for the suspect on Sunday, August 2, when Remilekun, who was reportedly sleeping beside her mother in the afternoon of the fateful day, suddenly woke up, shouting ‘penis, penis’ to the amazement of the mother.

The woman, who did not want her name in print, said haggard-looking Remilekun opened up to her after she pestered her.

She said, “On that Sunday, I was ill and was sleeping. She also slept beside me. She suddenly cried out, shouting, ‘penis, penis, penis’. I was shocked. When I asked her what happened, she said it was a man on our street that had been having sex with her.

“I followed her to the man’s house. Some boys confronted him and he confessed to them. I then reported him at the Area G Police Command in Ogba and he was arrested. I took my daughter to a hospital for tests because she has become lean. The medical result showed that her vagina had been tampered with and I have given it to the police.”

The victim, a primary two pupil, who spoke with our correspondent in Yoruba, said she could not count the number of time the septuagenarian had raped her, adding that she dared the threat because she could no longer bear the harassment.

She said, “I was passing by a shop on our street one Saturday afternoon when he called me. He was sitting outside the shop and told me to help him bring a document inside the shop. I was about to leave after I gave him the document when he dragged me inside and locked the door.

“He covered my mouth and raped me. He threatened to kill me if I told anybody. The following day, he called me again and repeated the same thing. I can’t remember how many times he had sex with me. Whenever I told him I would tell my mother, he would say I was playing with my life.

“When I could no longer bear it, I opened up to a woman in our area and she promised that she would make sure the man was evicted from the shop.

“It was few days after that my mother said she heard me shout ‘penis’ while I was asleep.”

Remilekun’s sister, Tokunbo (pseudonym) said she had narrowly escaped being trapped by the suspect not knowing that her younger sister had fallen victim.

She said, “He called me two weeks ago and told me that he liked me. He promised to take care of me if I cooperated.

“I said I did not understand and managed to run away. I told my mother when I got home and she warned me to stay off his reach.”

The suspect was arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on three counts bordering on rape.

The charges read in part, “That you, Alhaji Dauda Adebowale, 78, sometime in 2015, at a shop in Pen Cinema, Agege, Lagos, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did have sexual intercourse with one 11-year-old girl.

“That you, within the same period and place in the aforementioned magisterial district, did sexually assault one 11-year-old girl.”

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges which, according to the police, contravene sections 137, 166 and 257 of the Criminal Law II, Vol. 44 of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

The presiding magistrate, Mr. T. Elias, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N1m with two sureties each in like sum.

While adjourning the matter till September 2, 2015, Elias ordered that the man be kept in prison custody pending the time he would be able to perfect his bail.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-arrest-78-year-old-man-for-raping-girl-11/

1 Share

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by INTROVERT(f): 3:23am On Aug 17, 2015
Hardly a week goes by without some form of molestation on a girl by a grandpa in Nigeria.

At times I wish I had superpowers, i would have kidnapped this man and inserted his joystick inside freshly ground pepper after thin slicing it with razor blade...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by YanShforSale(m): 3:23am On Aug 17, 2015
Just kick the balls
There was a discussion in one of my lectures
How to fight against rape
Those yamayama white girls were talking $#!¶
"I'll use pepper spray"
Shoro niyen
GIRLS GURLS GELS
HEAR me
Just one swift kick to
The Balls
I remember in my high school
Years playing soccer
Someone kneed my balls
I woke up in Nurse wing
Thats the most effective way

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by shema101(f): 3:24am On Aug 17, 2015
This rape issue is getting out of hands..... make dem dey cut their joysticks.

3 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by nnachukz(m): 3:31am On Aug 17, 2015
When I saw the news and the age of the victim, I knew which part of the country it was comnig from. I only got in to confirm and I wasn't disappointed. I know their handiwork from afar.

58 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by donholy28(m): 3:37am On Aug 17, 2015
Came to check d mans ethnicity and i wasn't disappointed... its in their blood...dem dey even marry 10 years old sef

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by ademega(m): 3:56am On Aug 17, 2015
rape is bad no matter the town it was committed. let us all call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by christinie(f): 4:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Some of these old men maltreated their wives when they were young and now they are old, poor and wifeless and ladies don't want them because they are not the owners of "The Playboy Mansion", neither are they Okoya the Eleganza boss. They are old and poor and ladies abhor such combination. When konji sets in and they can't afford to go to the women of easy virtue they resort to raping young girls.
Men stay with your wives. If you are a widower try and remarry. Stop raping our young girls. Don't rape no one.
I believe the man must have enticed the young girl with money like he wanted to do to her elder sister who narrowly escaped. How come the girl kept going his way? If she wanted to avoid him she would have followed the other side of the road. He must have raped her the first time, and may be he gave her some money afterwards which made her to go to him subsequently but at a point she got tired of the whole act and confessed to a lady and also unconsciously shouted penis in her sleep. Whatever the case may be, sexual intercourse with a minor is unlawful and known as statutory rape.
Schools please develop a new curriculum which is to be known as "Rape Hazards" and teach these young kids how to stop running errands for these randy men. Teach them how to run away from all immoral dangers from all men including their fathers and other relatives and how to avoid devilish incentives from randy men. Teach the young ones the dangers of extra marital sex including campus/workplace prostitution. Teach our young boys how to avoid being victims of sodomy and also the dangers of following sugar mummies. Teach our kids the joy of marriage especially at old age so that when they grow up they will value their marriages and will be sexually satisfied within the confines of their marriages. Parents please protect your children (by God's grace). Stop allowing these minors to go out on their own. Teach your kids wisdom.
Am tired of reading news about these rape cases.

May God protect all of us in Jesus name, amen.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by infinitypro(m): 4:25am On Aug 17, 2015
yeye d smell...

...see d ancestor face oo

Too bad if true...

Dis is supposed 2 b ur great grand daughter, ancestor
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 17, 2015
Rape?

Ok, seen cool

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Mrbigman1(m): 5:33am On Aug 17, 2015
Make dem girls dress decently, dem go say dem wan dress in wetin dem dey comfortable in. Oya naw, una go chop comfort chop prick join.
And please stop complaining.

Una think say d man tin don old ni?

If buhari can still rule over 11 years kids, let d man rule his own world oh jare
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by tyson99(m): 5:43am On Aug 17, 2015
This konji sha na bastard,old papa don turn to fool now ehn

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 17, 2015
I'm loving the awareness of rape and sexual molestation these days.

Imagine the evil we've overlooked for decades.

2 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by olaboy001(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2015
Useless pathetic old fool

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 17, 2015
sad I hope he's been castrated before you upload his pictureembarassed

2 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by veekid(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2015
no day wey person no go hear rape story on nl
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Feranmicharles(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2015
This konji ehn.... Na omo aleangryembarassed

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by LieDetector(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2015
Okay

9 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by nonxo007(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2015
This rape issue would continue until the government set a major punishment for offenders, until then there won't be any fear to rape, talk from now till tomorrow people would still rape people. And by the way these are signs of end time, REPENT!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2015
Conji na barstarddd!!!!
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by youngwarlocks: 7:37am On Aug 17, 2015
Evil everyday...evil, evil, evil everywhr...Rape, Robbery, boko haram, accidents, evil doers....we need prayers in naija
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Mbkite(m): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
Where is that man from?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by priscaoge(f): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
Can u imagine angry

Who knows how many innocent girls this Beast has molested angry angry angry angry He should spend the rest of his miserable years in jail angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by handie(m): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
The hell that's waiting for this man just received new firewood to make it hotter. At his age instead of to be righting his wrongs on earth and preparing for his death, all he can do is allow konji control his brain. Idiat

3 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
What are they waiting for according to the constitution, section 43 line 5. Cut his prik

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by simongonner: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
old foooool..

4 Likes

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by FrankValency(m): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
All these Alhaji sef,before na Alhaji Gay,now na Alhaji Rape,tomorrow fit be Alhaja lesbian..

Anyways ,that man is perfect in the act,he's even threatening his victims, kai Old man,so these things wey we young men dey do still dey hungry you. And I thought they say once u marry u go taya for fucking,so kinji no dey fade?? He should remain in prison till he pays 10mili.

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by Hardaybizi(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2015
AGBAYA!

1 Like

Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by YerYer: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2015
High prevalence of rape, is there something in the water or air that would be causing all these disgusting incidence of rape?
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by ibkgab001: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2015
Officer marching

Heeeeeeeeee right turn

Say your last word

Aimmm

Fire....1.....2....3
Re: 78-year-old Man Arrested For Raping Girl, 11years Old (Photo) by sukkot: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2015
this old randy ofe mmanu man needs to be flogged with extension cord wire smh lipsrsealed

i am not being tribal by the way. i am yoruba tongue

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide In Ajuwon Lagos By Drinking Sniper Insecticide / Laetitia Naankang Dagan: Police Arrest Two People / I Removed My Father’s Private Part For Money Ritual – 20-year-old Boy Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.