Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

CBN Officially Devalues Naira - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Officially Devalues Naira (57241 Views)

Has CBN Officially Reduced Interbank Transfer Charges? / CBN Unoficially Devalues Naira / CBN Officially Bans Foreign Currency Cash Deposits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Bloodydemon: 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
stevecantrell:

Dude you have to look past what you think Buhari is. You need to start see buhari as a means to an end. The end of this government.

I can tell you, Buhari will never sit in Aso Rock but for a very short time only.

Voting Buhari means GEJ out ! That's all !

I don't want Buhari QED

It's Gej till 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Old NEWS!

This is how you create FALSE news and spread it with so much ZEAL and PASSION. Common sense which is common, you don't have. And people like berem will come here to rant her support for block heads like you.

There is no current 'official' rate by either the CBN or YOU. The market has been liberalized, thus allowing demand and supply to determine the exchange rate. There's a window called the [size=15pt]Interbank Window[/size]. CBN has pegged the exchange rate of the dollar from that window.

There are so many dynamics going on here but because you appear to be DULL, I should save you the PAIN of understanding!

See the peeps above me most of them typing away their intelligence and broadcasting their IGNORANCE of the SUBJECT MATTER.

Like that diluminati and Adminisher!

all of the above is rubbish to my ear
the naira is N200 to a dollar ba? so what economics are you preaching
so how did it come to this
i can explain the way a layman will understand it if you care to listen

7 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kaboninc(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
diluminati:

all of the above is rubbish to my ear
the naira is N200 to a dollar ba? so what economics are you preaching
so how did it come to this
i can explain the way a layman will understand it if you care to listen

They are rubbish to your ear because you my friend is rubbish.

What is your business if N200 is to a dollar?

What do you as a person do with the dollar? What's is your interest? And how does it affect you as a person that a dollar cost 200 naira?

Let me see your 'layman' reasoning!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by ejiro2130(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Slynonny:
That's a good one instead of pumping in money to sustain the Naira over the Dollar.
Expect APC to campaign with this news.
In other news.
How you living Mr Ayo Fayose for exposing APC lies and propaganda?
Ans: In Mansion and Benzes giving headache to APC and it feels stupendous.
How you feeling Mr Femi Fani Kayode for dumping APC?
Ans: Am feeling good like never before.
APC is dead and is on the news.
How do you feel going back to PDP Mr Barcanista?
I feel at home.
Is been a long time coming and am glad am finally home.
Just like the biblical prodigal son i've realised my mistakes and gone back to PDP.

In Jonathan we have seen real and positive change.
Vote Wisely GEJ 2019

Are you high or what??

Why didn't you ask why the naira is falling even though oil price is gradually rising??
Keep deceiving yourself, tell your oga to organise election and leave office and you will see if the naira won't go back to 180 over night with help from CBN

7 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by IVORY2009(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
diluminati:
to the layman let me explain.
the clueless government didnt foresee that u.s will rely on shale and dump the brent
they were too clueless to see it, no doubt about that
so they loot and stash, $20 billion? remember? and even more, then the price of crude
drop coz america does not need our stuff again
so it was hard getting dollars, what needs to be done is to ante up the naira, so america finally says
ok, we will give you N200 for now, you cant bring it back down unless you return your stolen money

Now what is the stolen money, remember the dubious south africa arms purchase? the same arms that end up with boko haram?
so they laundered the cash through firearms purchase.

Speak in economic terms and dont politise every issue @ hand, the question before you is cbn devaules the naira @ 199 per dollars, in a lay man's understanding, the cbn is doing wat is called buy back policies, that means for every dollar in circulation the cbn buys it frm the inter bank @ that rate, with this cbn is discurraging the use of dollar, thereby encurraging the use of the naira more by its end users.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by rusher14: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:

anuofia, simple economics you don't know yet you will be typing trash every now and then on topics that are way beyond your mental capacity.

demand and supply is what determines price in a free market.

have you asked yourself what Nigerians are doing with the US dollar that has made it so scarce that the price is heading north.

has it become our legal tender or we are experiencing an artificial scarcity created by those who have an agenda.

suddenly in this period of election the dollar is no more available. the naira started losing its value when the abokis gave their brother licence to buy and sell other currencies on the streets.now they are hording it creating panic in the process.

we no longer import much of rice
we no longer import cement
we no longer import much of cars

what then is the new line of business that is drying up the available foreign currencies. those who stashed the green back in their house with the hope of releasing them when their candidate wins election are only fooling themselves because they will regret it with the new policy that is coming.

that is how they intend to stabilize the naira

Always on its way but never makes it.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
stevecantrell:
EURObomber are you related to GEJ ?

I am not related to GEJ. I stand for fairness and justice. I am here to check the excesses of certain people and ensure that some others are put in their place. Dealing with mora fvkerzz since 1920. wink

I will retire from Nairaland after the presidential elections. cool

Dive-Bomber

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Safari29: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
We don enter am
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
rusher14:

Always on its way but never makes it.

when your aboki brothers are squeezed out of their illegal business in few weeks, i hope you don't cry of northern agenda .

that allegation of the president having a northern agenda has really delayed many policies but non of those trash will be listened to again

3 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
IVORY2009:

Speak in economic terms and dont politise every issue @ hand, the question before you is cbn devaules the naira @ 199 per dollars, in a lay man's understanding, the cbn is doing wat is called buy back policies, that means for every dollar in circulation the cbn buys it frm the inter bank @ that rate, with this cbn is discurraging the use of dollar, thereby encurraging the use of the naira more by its end users.

well said

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by stevecantrell: 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not related to GEJ. I stand for fairness and justice. I am here to check the excesses of certain people and ensure that some others are put in their place.

I will retire from Nairaland after the presidential elections. cool

Dive-Bomber

Its ok bro......grin
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by nairabetguru(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Adminisher:
This is serious FAILURE by Jonathan. It is going to bite him HARD. Let us remember that we had foreign exchange reserves of $45bn and ECA of $22bb that was further helped by $115/barrel oil price that should have.improved. exchange rate to N70 to.the dollar. Every other OPEC country also built up reserves and developed petrochemical industry.
Jonathan did not. At N200 to the dollar most companies will soon laying off workers. All the empty half educated youths praising Jonathan will curse him soon. Shey Buhari is the one you fear now?.You are afraid of Fulani general? Soon you will beg him.

tell dem my brother

5 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kingofpool: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
nairabetguru:

tell dem my brother
tell who? Make una carry una buhari matter go.... Na gej we know

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by nairabetguru(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
kingofpool:
tell who? Make una carry una buhari matter go.... Na gej we know

wasnt talking to blind fools tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by rusher14: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:

when your aboki brothers are squeezed out of their illegal business in few weeks, i hope you don't cry of northern agenda .

that allegation of the president having a northern agenda has really delayed many policies but non of those trash will be listened to again

And he needs their votes?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kingofpool: 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
nairabetguru:

wasnt talking to blind fools tongue

i would have slaped you, but that would be animal abuse, even though every one is entitle to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege... Senseless sycophant

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by agabaI23(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
diluminati:
to the layman let me explain.
the clueless government didnt foresee that u.s will rely on shale and dump the brent
they were too clueless to see it, no doubt about that
so they loot and stash, $20 billion? remember? and even more, then the price of crude
drop coz america does not need our stuff again
so it was hard getting dollars, what needs to be done is to ante up the naira, so america finally says
ok, we will give you N200 for now, you cant bring it back down unless you return your stolen money

Now what is the stolen money, remember the dubious south africa arms purchase? the same arms that end up with boko haram?
so they laundered the cash through firearms purchase.

I think you are wrong. Madueke warned in 2013
.Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, had in May, stated that the shale oil revolution was “one of the most serious threats” to Nigeria and other oil-producing nations.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/opec-warns-us-shale-boom-set-to-erode-crude-oil-demand/153046/

They anticipated it. They worked towards diversification.

I was with a group of youngsters this morning and I asked if they anything about the price of rice throughout December and they said, it did not changed in December as was the case in past.
God bless Adesina, God bless GEJ
Adesina

4 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by tonytony208(m): 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
thinkdip:
inflation on the rise. all Is well

did you learn about the word "inflation" from economics or you heard it from a beer parlour? Inflation is when demand is higher than supply and too much money is chasing very few goods.

With naira devaluation, demand for foreign goods will reduce due to increase in their prices. and people will opt for the local alternatives and this will boost local production more and will promote exportation and more foreign currency will flow into Nigeria and Nigeria's economy will be better for it.

So, how does inflation come in?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by AJOT99(m): 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Wia are we going in this country?

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by thinkdip(m): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
tonytony208:

did you learn about the word "inflation" from economics or you heard it from a beer parlour? Inflation is when demand is higher than supply and too much money is chasing very few goods.

With naira devaluation, demand for foreign goods will reduce due to increase in their prices. and people will opt for the local alternatives and this will boost local production more and will promote exportation and more foreign currency will flow into Nigeria and Nigeria's economy will be better for it.

So, how does inflation come in?
when last did u patronize your own local products. , and pls teacher tell me the product which will allow people opt for more in Nigeria which is not a foreign product. and I want to know the ratio of locally patronise product to foreign,which will not cause inflation.
because I dont know if its either phone,electronics and lots more you produce in Nigeria. .even toothpick is produced from ghana. so what are u saying?

12 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
why can't they just round it up to N200 grin
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Karleb(m): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
The smile theory comes to mind.
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by FrenchyL(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Old NEWS!

This is how you create FALSE news and spread it with so much ZEAL and PASSION. Common sense which is common, you don't have. And people like berem will come here to rant her support for block heads like you.

There is no current 'official' rate by either the CBN or YOU. The market has been liberalized, thus allowing demand and supply to determine the exchange rate. There's a window called the [size=15pt]Interbank Window[/size]. CBN has pegged the exchange rate of the dollar from that window.

There are so many dynamics going on here but because you appear to be DULL, I should save you the PAIN of understanding!

See the peeps above me most of them typing away their intelligence and broadcasting their IGNORANCE of the SUBJECT MATTER.

I love the way you analyze stuff. I need to ask you a question. What is the Interbank Window and how does it function in determining the exchange rate? I am not a banker or a financial person but i do like to learn such stuff.

Thanks.
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by oluvick(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Old NEWS!

Are you through?

Show us your back.......

Let's assume that the news is old and you have to make contributions, why would you want to make it a personal abuse? Common, is that how you were brought up?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by fairheven: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
The same ppl that accused SOLUDO of mismanagement are now devalueing the naira?the same currency that SOLUDO wanted to make 20naira,the highest denomination,that wud have greatly increase the value of naira,but some Abokis in the national assembly refused,so as not to deny their beuro de exchange brothers daily fraud

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by fairheven: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
agabaI23:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/opec-warns-us-shale-boom-set-to-erode-crude-oil-demand/153046/

I was with a group of youngsters this morning and I asked if they anything about the price of rice throughout December and they said, it did not changed in December as was the case in past.
Adesina

Agroup of young stars from were kwa?from which planet?u didn't enquire from market women,na young stars or stout u Dey ask?u for ask Babalawo

5 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by saintopus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Old NEWS!

Good thinking!!! Good product!!!
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kaboninc(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
oluvick:

Are you through?

Show us your back.......

Let's assume that the news is old and you have to make contributions, why would you want to make it a personal abuse? Common, is that how you were brought up?

We are not assuming bro. There is a rule on Nairaland:
14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland.

Am sure you didn't search properly because if you did, you would not be posting old news!

Did I insult you? cry

Eweee! Am sorry bro.
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kaboninc(m): 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
agabaI23:

Adesina

Don't mind that diluminati with 'layman' reasoning. Just strolling Nairaland without any purpose!
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by kaboninc(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
fairheven:
The same ppl that accused SOLUDO of mismanagement are now devalueing the naira?the same currency that SOLUDO wanted to make 20naira,the highest denomination,that wud have greatly increase the value of naira,but someone Abokis in the national assembly refused,so as not to deny their beuro de exchange brothers daily fraud

Another FALSE news 'spreader' on the LOOSE!

Soludo NEVER thought of DEVALUING the Naira but RESTRUCTURING the Naira.

Take a CUE from one of the countries that RESTRUCTURED their currency. E.G. [size=16pt]GHANA[/size]

Do you know what's happening to the CEDI?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria / Rice Seller's N400,000 Turns To Paper In Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.