Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

CBN Officially Devalues Naira - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Officially Devalues Naira (57221 Views)

Has CBN Officially Reduced Interbank Transfer Charges? / CBN Unoficially Devalues Naira / CBN Officially Bans Foreign Currency Cash Deposits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
Look like a good news to me,though am really sad Abt it
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by bogolobango(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
GOODLUCK TURNING BADLUCK GRADUALLY WHERE IS THE GENERAL BEFORE THIS MAN FINISH NIGERIANS
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by RichDad1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
Transformer agenda?
GMB 2015

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by amanze15(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
undecided this aint right, cry

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Burger01(m): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
tunex23:
Corruption everywhere, meanwhile see how Nigerians are suffering for electricity
...and some suffer head ones still clamour for continuation of their systematic suffering.. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by chikahenry(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
Errrrm me I dnt undastand dis devaluation ish oooh is it good or bad 4 our economy?
sumbody pls explain 2 me abeg
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Muhammadkhan: 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
A shout loud,
voteGEJoutNOW!
I said KickGEJoutNOW!!
I repeat sendGEJOUT!!!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Tymax(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
When oil was gold they squandered the money. Now the value has dropped we have no other way to beef up our economy.

What wasteful leaders Nigeria has always had.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by zubby29(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
kudos to sanusi,he did a good job.gej has a way of retiring dos doing a good job.dnt forget ihejirika and berth nnaji

3 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by wazobiaN9(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not related to GEJ. I stand for fairness and justice. I am here to check the excesses of certain people and ensure that some others are put in their place. Dealing with mora fvkerzz since 1920. wink

I will retire from Nairaland after the presidential elections. cool

Dive-Bomber

NO, YOU ARE PART OF GEJ'S ELECTION MACHINERY.. AND THAT IS WHY YOU WILL RETIRE FROM NAIRALAND AFTER THE ELECTIONS.

SOME OF US ARE NOT PAID TO BE ON NAIRALAND, AND WE WILL REMAIN HERE AFTER THE ELECTIONS.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by keifiuz: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nigeria is like a stage drama. You may likely never predict the next scene. We are still watching & praying God He saves us. Amen
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by morefire: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Adminisher:
This is serious FAILURE by Jonathan. It is going to bite him HARD. Let us remember that we had foreign exchange reserves of $45bn and ECA of $22bb that was further helped by $115/barrel oil price that should have.improved. exchange rate to N70 to.the dollar. Every other OPEC country also built up reserves and developed petrochemical industry.
Jonathan did not. At N200 to the dollar most companies will soon laying off workers. All the empty half educated youths praising Jonathan will curse him soon. Shey Buhari is the one you fear now?.You are afraid of Fulani general? Soon you will beg him.

wow is all i can say ATM

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by morefire: 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
zubby29:
kudos to sanusi,he did a good job.gej has a way of retiring dos doing a good job.dnt forget ihejirika and berth nnaji

sanusi wouldnt have done better given the current situation oh..

Just know that
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Time to "work" more cheesy
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by synergycom19: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
This is official,what about street rates?maybe 220/$,By 2019 when GEJ leaves office it will be 280 to 300
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Ramanto(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
This brings me back to PEG. I know she will be like : Ebele,why not order the nigerian army to hold the naira from falling further?
Clueless set of peolple.

Lest I forget,Vote for Change come march 28th

2 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Ramanto(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
This brings me back to PEG. I know she will be like : Ebele,why not order the nigerian army to hold the naira from falling further?
Clueless set of peolple.

Lest I forget,Vote for Change come march 28th
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Slynonny:
That's a good one instead of pumping in money to sustain the Naira over the Dollar.
Expect APC to campaign with this news.
In other news.
How you living Mr Ayo Fayose for exposing APC lies and propaganda?
Ans: In Mansion and Benzes giving headache to APC and it feels stupendous.
How you feeling Mr Femi Fani Kayode for dumping APC?
Ans: Am feeling good like never before.
APC is dead and is on the news.
How do you feel going back to PDP Mr Barcanista?
I feel at home.
Is been a long time coming and am glad am finally home.
Just like the biblical prodigal son i've realised my mistakes and gone back to PDP.
In Jonathan we have seen real and positive change.
Vote Wisely GEJ 2019
did u just spit this?? why have political stance blocked ur judgment, when GEJ met it at N155 was he suppose to make it better or worse

7 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
oluvick:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has officially
devalued the Naira.

The devaluation took place overnight, as the
Nigerian currency will now trade at an official rate
of N199 per US Dollar.

More to follow on this story…

https://ynaija.com/cbn-officially-devalues-naira/

The Dutch Diseased Chickens Have Come Home to ROOOOST!!!!

Oil is a curse.
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by fairheven: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Another FALSE news 'spreader' on the LOOSE!

Soludo NEVER thought of DEVALUING the Naira but RESTRUCTURING the Naira.

Take a CUE from one of the countries that RESTRUCTURED their currency. E.G. [size=16pt]GHANA[/size]

Do you know what's happening to the CEDI?

Are u mistaking me for someone else,did u here me talk about SOLUDO devalueing the naira or "revalueing" or you don't see the difference?
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by EasyBundles(m): 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
This time last year I would gladly buy a pencil online, but now........

2 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by tonjeola(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Which way Nigerians?
Thank God I joined this program when I did!
Check my signature!
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:

anuofia, simple economics you don't know yet you will be typing trash every now and then on topics that are way beyond your mental capacity.

demand and supply is what determines price in a free market.

have you asked yourself what Nigerians are doing with the US dollar that has made it so scarce that the price is heading north.

has it become our legal tender or we are experiencing an artificial scarcity created by those who have an agenda.

suddenly in this period of election the dollar is no more available. the naira started losing its value when the abokis gave their brother licence to buy and sell other currencies on the streets.now they are hording it creating panic in the process.

we no longer import much of rice
we no longer import cement
we no longer import much of cars

what then is the new line of business that is drying up the available foreign currencies. those who stashed the green back in their house with the hope of releasing them when their candidate wins election are only fooling themselves because they will regret it with the new policy that is coming.

that is how they intend to stabilize the naira

you are a FOOL

5 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by nwaanambra1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Adminisher:
This is serious FAILURE by Jonathan. It is going to bite him HARD. Let us remember that we had foreign exchange reserves of $45bn and ECA of $22bb that was further helped by $115/barrel oil price that should have.improved. exchange rate to N70 to.the dollar. Every other OPEC country also built up reserves and developed petrochemical industry.
Jonathan did not. At N200 to the dollar most companies will soon laying off workers. All the empty half educated youths praising Jonathan will curse him soon. Shey Buhari is the one you fear now?.You are afraid of Fulani general? Soon you will beg him.

ESPECIALLY MY IGBO BROTHERS WHOSE MAIN BUSINESS IS IMPORTATION!

NOW PROFIT FROM IMPORTED GOODS WILL ENTER VOICE MAIL! BANKS WILL START DEMANDING FOR THEIR 250% INTEREST ON FACILITIES BORROWED TO THEM AT THE END OF THE DAY NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT!

DEVALUED NAIRA. DEAD ECONOMY. VERY HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT. EMPTY RESERVE. HHMMMMM!

I SAID BEFORE AND AM SAYING IT AGAIN - IF GOODLUCK JONATHAN CONTINUE BEYOND MARCH 29TH, NIGERIANS GA EJI EZE KPU EKWELE! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by PentiumPro(f): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:

[s]anuofia, simple economics you don't know yet you will be typing trash every now and then on topics that are way beyond your mental capacity.

demand and supply is what determines price in a free market.

have you asked yourself what Nigerians are doing with the US dollar that has made it so scarce that the price is heading north.

has it become our legal tender or we are experiencing an artificial scarcity created by those who have an agenda.

suddenly in this period of election the dollar is no more available. the naira started losing its value when the abokis gave their brother licence to buy and sell other currencies on the streets.now they are hording it creating panic in the process.

we no longer import much of rice
we no longer import cement
we no longer import much of cars

what then is the new line of business that is drying up the available foreign currencies. those who stashed the green back in their house with the hope of releasing them when their candidate wins election are only fooling themselves because they will regret it with the new policy that is coming.

that is how they intend to stabilize the naira[/s]
na this type of beautiful nonsense that GEJ has been listening to that brought us to where we are today,

8 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by spanzed(m): 5:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
kilokeys:
officially the price of goods would skyrocket..
like seriously bro...make God sha help us

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by queenjeccy(f): 5:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Good afternoon sir, A̶̲̥̅♏ very sad to write you this afternoon because of the situation we sandwich students (LASU)found ourselves, sir for the past two years now we have been in 300 level which we supposed to be a graduate by now or preparing to, sir we all know your good work in this Lagos state we are as a good governor and we are ready to vote continuity for APC. You are our father we are your children sir, please sir come to our aid we are begging you sir. Save our future save sandwich.
A sandwich student pleading to AMBODE
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by chyket(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
One of the worst policies of the incumbent CBN Governor is allowing Nigerians to transfer foreign exchange freely via western union,monegram etc which was not possible previously.Nigerians due to our excess appetite for foreign exchange due to money laundering,capital flight can now comfortably transfer $10,000 dollars daily.So this new CBN window is really adding to the pressure on the naira

1 Like

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by MrHighSea: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Seems some youths know GEJ n GMB more than themselves.
Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by Empredboy(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
with this news i pity salary earners and pensioners cos their pay are fixed and inflation about to take place. My govt have disappointed me, y did they devalue d naira? Was it not d finance minister dat said our enconomy is strong last year? What happen to our reserve? I loved GEJ b4 now but i am sorry this country is 2 big 4 him 2 manage. Lets say the truth!

4 Likes

Re: CBN Officially Devalues Naira by lancdoz: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
CBN official site is reading 198. I believe that there is a big difference between 198 and 199.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria / Rice Seller's N400,000 Turns To Paper In Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.