Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest (16338 Views)

A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) / Unbelievable: NANS ''honours'' Buruji Kashamu (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Obascoetubi: 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Activities at the High Court,
Ikeja were yesterday halted
for minutes by the National
Association of Nigerian
Students, NANS when they
protested over the ongoing
coroner inquest into last
year’s collapsed building at
the Synagogue Church of All
Nations, SCOAN which killed
over 100 persons.
This came four months after
the Coroner Inquest set-up by
the State governor,
Babatunde Fashola to
investigate the cause of the
collapsed building.
The students, who were
armed with placards, stormed
the Ikeja High Court chanting
several anti-government
songs to buttress their
demands.
They argued that the Coroner
Inquest was an aberration to
a national disaster, saying
“building collapse is not a
purported act; rather a
natural disaster.”
President of NANS, Ondo
State, Simon Awodola argued
that setting up an inquest
into a natural disaster was to
victimize the church and the
owner, Prophet Temitope
Joshua.
According to him, “Even
setting up coroner inquest is
not acceptable to us. We
believe that there are
corruption, abduction and
other cases that should have
been looked into. But they
were swept under the carpet.
“This is a natural disaster.
Imagine when an earthquake
happens in Alausa who will
Lagos State Government sue
for it. The Lagos State
Government should abolish
the inquest and focus on
other developmental issues.
“We are appealing to the
Federal and state-Ondo and
Lagos-governments to look
into the issue critically and
look into the claim of the
church especially as it
concerns the plane that hover
on the structure before it
collapsed,” he added.
Sent from my BlackBerry®
smartphone provided by
Airtel Nigeria.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/synagogue-nans-protest-in-lagos-demands-halt-in-coroner-inquest/#sthash.GaQzRFuO.dpuf

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Realdeals(m): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
What else can I say?

4 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by KwoiZabo(m): 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please these guys should be rounded up.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Instead of The NANS dumbos to fight over student welfare, they have collected ghana must go and are now supportin T.B Joshua..Ooh God, Money has made my people lose their Senses,, Ooh God, Sentiments have made one nation not mend their fences....How can you build a 5 story builing on a pitch foundation for a one story and u expect it to stand?am talking as a Builder and building expert,such wud crumble right before you eyes...T. B Joshua and his cohorts that carried out that shoddy job must be tried,and if found guilty, sent to prison..No Man is above the law,how can you justify over 100 lives that was lost, if you escape now, you can't escape it after death..There must be a fall guy, and the sooner the better

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by olapluto(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
I cringe as I read this. Oh my! What has NANS turned to? NLC, NANS, and civil society groups have all been weakened by the money bags of PDP. I pity the future of this country.

25 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by betterabia: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Realdeals:
What else can I say?

Contractors in FMC Umuahia has not been paid for the goods they supplied for the past one year.
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
They av turned to thugs

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by naijasaints: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
I pity the youths of this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
undecided

T. B JOSHUA AND OYEDEPO ARE THE MOST CORRUPT AND EVILS PASTORS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY. ONE IS THE GATE KEEPER OF HELL, THE OTHER IS A MASS MURDERER.

THEY BOTH ARE USING BIBLE TO SCAM GULLIBLE PEOPLE AND RIP THEM OFF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY ALL IN THE NAME OF TITHES AND OFFERINGS.

MAY GOD PUNISH THESE EVIL MEN IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING

Any brainwashed bastard that quotes me shall die of stray bullets undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
Even if not found guilty,does anyone think TBJ can be jailed..Some people and vain hopes sha.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by farem: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hmmn
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by steppin: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
TB Joshua's money has exchanged hands.

5 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by okpismart: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
NANS should focus on how they can help Nigeria students and not poking their nose on what that doesn't concern them, can't wait to see what will be the final judgement next month

Nigeria: Court to Conclude Inquest Into Synagogue Building Collapse in March
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3492-nigeria-court-to-conclude-inquest-into-synagogue-building-collapse-in-march
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by anonimi: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Students for HIRE abi nor be so

Are we crazy in this country?

6 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by tiamiyukunle69(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
Is that what NANS is meant to be doing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by chukzyblingz(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
how does it concern them?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by sosanova: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
[size=20pt]All I can say is
SAI TB JOSHUA
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by RichDad1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
NANS? I shake my buttocks for ya silly idle life. Is that your book?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by dridowu: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
NANS should fight for student welfare not coroner inquest or wetin dy call am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by OchukoisBlack(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
shocked shocked
Even in this country where we receive rude shocks daily, this is a Shocking Shock!
Someone tell me how NANS is involved again.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Situation001(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
b
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
I pity naija youth #wicked APC youth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by cole265(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
this man TB just looking for succor every where.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by farem: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
[/color]
Obascoetubi:
Activities at the High Court,
Ikeja were yesterday halted
for minutes by the National
Association of Nigerian
Students, NANS when they
protested over the ongoing
coroner inquest into last
year’s collapsed building at
the Synagogue Church of All
Nations, SCOAN which killed
over 100 persons.
This came four months after
the Coroner Inquest set-up by
the State governor,
Babatunde Fashola to
investigate the cause of the
collapsed building.
The students, who were
armed with placards, stormed
the Ikeja High Court chanting
several anti-government
songs to buttress their
demands.
They argued that the Coroner
Inquest was an aberration to
a national disaster, saying
“building collapse is not a
purported act; rather a
natural disaster.”
President of NANS, Ondo
State, Simon Awodola argued
that setting up an inquest
into a natural disaster was to
victimize the church and the
owner, Prophet Temitope
Joshua.
According to him, “Even
setting up coroner inquest is
not acceptable to us. We
believe that there are
corruption, abduction and
other cases that should have
been looked into. But they
were swept under the carpet.
“This is a natural disaster.
Imagine when an earthquake
happens in Alausa who will
Lagos State Government sue
for it. The Lagos State
Government should abolish
the inquest and focus on
other developmental issues.
“We are appealing to the
Federal and state-Ondo and
Lagos-governments to look
into the issue critically and
look into the claim of the
church especially as it
concerns the plane that hover
on the structure before it
collapsed,” he added.
Sent from my BlackBerry®
smartphone provided by
Airtel Nigeria.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/synagogue-nans-protest-in-lagos-demands-halt-in-coroner-inquest/#sthash.GaQzRFuO.dpuf

[color=#006600]THROW BACK!!!
Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma Egba @ Age 27, as Commissioner of Works and Transport in the old Cross River State welcoming the then Head ofState, Major General Muhammadu Buhari to Cross River State.

Today at well above 27 years of age;

-a lot of youths (male and female) are still wandering about sagging.

-females visiting Chidi and Segun all because she needs bb and android (how old was Funmilayo Kuti when she rode first car among women?)

-they are keeping tab on hearsays of what happened before and during Civil war (what they did not witness).

-are unreasonable and unconcerned about governance of their country/state/LGA, rather dwell on pettiness like tribes, religion.

-major concern has been on Premier League. They know these players and what they were paid in the club and the present pay yet cannot remember names of his past teachers!

Nigeria youth; arise from your slumber!

11 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by chukzyblingz(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
olapluto:
I cringe as I read this. Oh my! What has NANS turned to? NLC, NANS, and civil society groups have all been weakened by the money bags of PDP. I pity the future of this country.
what has the PDP got to do with this?

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by kayojosephy(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
Na today abi we no dey dis naija again ni... Pastor Please settle dis fellas handsomely nd they will stop dia protect cos na dia main concern be dat not d dead or dia families. ..
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
So this issue has not been resolved since last year?
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Dragonking: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
WHat is NANS business in this issue

wetin concern agbero with overload? na wa for dis country

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by chynergy1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
CRAZE AT THE HIGHEST ORDER. PLEASE ALLOW A CONTITUTED AUTHORITY TO DO THEIR WORK
. THEY MAY BE LESSONS TO LEARNT FROM THIS. FOR GOODNESS SAKE, WHERE ARE WE HEADING FOR IN THIS COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
Can't find my medical glass.....

Please who read & understood vividly what the op posted should please explain to me...

Thanks in advance!
Re: Synagogue: NANS Protest In Lagos, Demands Halt In Coroner Inquest by InvertedHammer: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
/
This is why democracy sucks sometimes.

\

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is ASUU Strike Called Off? / Download Free Jamb Past Questions For All Years / David Ibiyeomie Letter To Nigerian Universities On Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.