Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nil - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nil (3613 Views)

I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried? / I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by MizMyColi(f): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
It's nothing really.
It just shows her specialness.
If she isn't afraid of darkness, it is because, she is without guile, it means she operates from light.
In her subconscious mind, she somehow knows that her light so shines, that darkness cannot comprehend it.
To her, it is just a time of the day that'll pass.
That's what our natural disposition towards darkness should be.

Going by other other attributes you mentioned, all I can say is waow!
She is Special.
Her creator's sovereign hand will be her guide.

The best you can do is show her love and acceptance, in every form possible, stop making her feel strange with your awe and wonderings, else you might lose her entirely as she just might as well become a recluse.

8 Likes

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Nil by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
What exactly do you think you should be worried about?

5 Likes

Re: Nil by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
Do not only be worried, be scared!

2 Likes

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by MizMyColi(f): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

This 'specialness' get as e be... embarassed Shez still a baby.. undecided

Initial post modified.
Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Don't succumb to the black mentality.
Your neice is perfectly okay and fine.

Toddlers often become scared of the dark when their imagination starts running wild. In your neice case, she doesn't watch cartoons, so literally, no monsters and all that stuffs to scare her.

Think of it as; she doesn't have a reason to be afraid.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by Brymo: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
u shud b worried o, she might b a 'W'
Re: Nil by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
Mizmycoli has said it all

1 Like

Re: Nil by Joniboi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
Africans and our mentality sha, why should a toddler be scared of darkness? Must all toddlers enjoy cartoons? That niece of yours is a genius cos she has started showing the signs by handling gadgets at this tender age. Pls don't derail her future by 'our' African mentality of always following the crowd.

7 Likes

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by remsonik(f): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
My niece is like that also. She's very sharp and smarter than most of her colleagues. She's just 4 years old and she knows all the states and their slogans. She is also good in maths as she can solve word problems already.

1 Like

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
Op,what do you want her to be scared of?

Her handling of gadget is because she's exposed to it. My niece like 3yrs knows how to pick call,on the the TV,and so many things beyond her age.

So its normal,don't be worried,she's a special child.
Re: Nil by Joniboi(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

We don't come across geniuses everyday to know how to relate with one. Most kids all over the world are scare of darkness. Even adults till date. I recall vividly that i was too.. So dis one no be crude african mentality...
You have one in your niece, she is a peculiar and special child. Pls let the little one be. She is herself, so because almost all kids all over the world are scared, she should be scared too abi? Nawa!
Re: Nil by haroldrich: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Google pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.jobspase.com
----------------------------------------
Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by Joniboi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

Lolzz... OK Boss! Noted!!
Ehen! Correct guy...Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Nil by Brymo: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

Figured one/some of you was gona say that... Well guess what? You read the part I said she operates gadget?
She is currently logged into her nairaland account and has read this comment.. she has also taken great offense..
Expect a visit from her tonight... grin grin tongue

Jokes apart, I would be lying if i say we haven't considered that being a possibility. But on the contrary, unlike her interest in cartoons,
she fancies religious teachings... Her mom says at her age she knows when its sunday and that its time for sunday school... We are not from the South West but one of her favorite song is "Baba, Baba, Baba, Baba... Eshe Oh Baba"
Don't know where or how she picked the words of the song from... SO mister, she aint a "witch"
haha, who said she was a witch, W meant witty for me not witch. U funny bro, i actually laughed.
Re: Nil by ifoundmyperfect: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nil by bellong: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
Why should she be scared of darkness?

It is not peculiar to her, there are other children in her age group who are not scared of darkness...

She may not like cartoon now because she is yet to see one that fancies her interest. again she is not alone on that....

You and her parents shouldn't be worried...

1 Like

Re: Nil by jnrbayano(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
It's a good puzzle to have because the things you listed she does and not afraid to do differs from the norm. This shows responsibility on your part as to the duties you have over the younger ones. Kudos!

However, those abnormal signs are not sinister rather they are clear signs of a child who is gifted.

Not being afraid of the dark suggests boldness/daring and it's a prerequisite for achieving any feat in this life. I reckon she's gonna be a great risk-taker.

Her affiliation with gizmoes suggests dexterity. Her fine motor skill has really developed rapidly thus far. We may have our own Bill Gate in her. Fingers crossed.

Why she doesn't like to watch cartoons and play for longer periods with her mates I can't really rap my head around it. Perhaps she sees it as children's programs/affairs and feels she's already bigger than that level. Who knows?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nil by saintneo(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:
I have a niece that will be clocking 3 years this year.
She isn't scared of darkness... (she can sleep in a dark room without company) shocked shocked
Her elder brother of 4 Years old can't stand an environment without light.. embarassed
It's so bad that his fright induced cry can bring down an empire states building... grin grin grin
She can also navigate in the dark like she's got a night vision or something.. undecided undecided
I put her sight to test when i sent her to fetch a phone in a pitch dark room.. cheesy
Asides this queer attribute, she doesn't take interest in watching cartoons or playing for long with her mates... undecided
She takes pleasure more in handling gadgets (android tablets, laptops, etc) and her speech/intonation is another wonder... (very clear)
I'm giving all this details coz I don't know what to make out of this...
With all this and more begs the question if we should be worried?

This baby needs to be engaged in tactical quests, spatial orientation, mathematics, multiple languages, spy stuff, sports, science and technology. A genius from the beginning, please don't let her loose the opportunity to develop her talents, we could end up with black female 007 or Army General.
Re: Nil by Noloss(f): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
It's nothing to worry about bro. I av a 5yr old son dat behave like dat. He's not scared to stay in d sitting room alone whenever nepa takes light, infact he slept in his room alone yesternite without light.
I think it is an attribute dat neede to be developed. To such children, d c it as a normal thing dat happens, hence nothing to worry about.
Re: Nil by mylora: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
Do not be worried dear me, she's a Nigerian. We're not afraid of darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Nil by Vision4God: 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
Watch her closely.
Children displaying such shudnt b left alone buh guided positively or it turns out dangerous

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Change My Husband? / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? / My fiance prefers eating together habits but i dnt like it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.