Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons (19333 Views)

Diamond Bank Direct Sales Job (information Needed Please) / Do You Need A Sales Job Or Want A Better One? SALESMANSHIP CENTRE / Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by SalesConsultant(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
Welcome:
TO THE WORLD OF UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITIES!

Career In Sales Is Very Rewarding! Sales drive every company’s growth. When you are in sales, you are responsible for the future of the company. That’s why many sales positions offer unlimited income potential. Sales is considered a pay-for-performance profession. That means that you are paid based on your performance. Your income is commensurate with the amount of sales you generate; simply put, you can make as much money as you want. This is a major difference between sales and most other disciplines. In most sales positions, you earn a salary and perhaps some other elements of compensation, such as a bonus. In sales, you can determine your income because it is usually not limited to a specific number; it is based on the amount you sell. It’s worth noting here that you have the power to determine how much you want to earn when you have a successful career in sales. The truth is that a job in selling can be a gateway to wherever you want to go. Selling could eventually give you fame and fortune, but more immediately it can also give you the satisfaction of providing solutions to people, financial opportunity, and even financial independence. Even in today’s challenging economy, these goals are possible. Here on this thread, I will be sharing my sales experiences and lessons. Therefore, revealing my techniques of motivating and building trust with customers, the selling process, skills, sales ethics and tactics, philosophy and communication style, handling customers’ objections and complaints, closing sales, strategic planning and prospecting of new customers and so on. But before then, permit me to share with you a brief background story about myself:

My name is Mr Ebhomien Endurance, a graduate of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. While in school I had strong interest in business. I saw myself more like an entrepreneur rather than a civil Engineering student. I was generally more concerned about the business side of things rather than becoming another graduate employee. I had vision of owing a construction group with primary focus on providing affordable Houses for Nigerians and to bridge the gap, I bought as many business related books I could find from leadership, to marketing, communication skills, Human relations, and management and so on. I would visit library during semester breaks, attend seminars, workshops and business summits. I even started little businesses in school, one of which was the selling of AutoCad Video Tutors to fellow students across Engineering, Building and Architectural departments. I was often patronized by lecturers as at then.

After graduation, I found an opening in sales job; the payment structure was very appealing to me. So I started with some other colleagues as well. After sometime the result of life long preparation began to show. I didn’t have much challenge prospecting and convincing customers to have what I was selling. Gradually the money started piling. The bonuses and commissions I received in a month was more than the salaries of some top executives and together with my salaries, I often smiled to the bank with my six figures income. Naturally, other colleagues started asking questions. To help I would ask them to make presentations to me as if I was the customer they were trying to convince. There, I would spot some of their errors, suggest strategies and sales tactics they could use in their next meetings. Soon they too began getting positive responses from customers. It became somehow obvious to them that the issue was not with the products or company’s image as they earlier presumed, that it was more on their method and approach. To cut my story short, this was practically how I founder Great Achievers Consult. Advising businesses on sales strategies and training of sale personnel’s from one business organization, firm to another. This is the simple truth about life: when preparation meets opportunity, the result is always success.

Perhaps, you have noticed there are more sales opportunities in Nigeria than ever before. This is because many companies and businesses today are focusing on customers and Returns. They seek to take their existing or new products and services to cover new or already existing markets. What this mean is that your level of qualifications, result or grade usually means little or nothing to them, all they need are salespeople who can deliver, period. In firms where you have just one accountant or Engineer do not be surprise to find over ten to fifteen salespeople gainfully employ in that same company. But are there really sales professionals today or just some regular opportunists? Many without prior knowledge of salesmanship dive into sales at any given opportunity; the result is always a lot of hard work and stress for little pay. Some even find it hard to convince themselves to get what they are asking others to buy. Most companies would have to train and re-train these sets of salespeople who had already been demoralized by the rejections they get from one office to another. Companies take the pain to Train their Sales Team and nobody even bother to apply for these positions. In fact one business owner lamented “there is urgent need for pre-training of salespeople... they need to at least have an idea in sales before seeking for this tactical job.” Have you ever submited a CV for sales Job on your own before? I do understand that some companies have structure in place that could engage great numbers of Salespersons in their Marketing efforts! It’s that serious!

To this effect. I have put together series of lessons which I will continue to post here on this thread. My aim is to give you more insights and prepare you for the opportunities available for salespeople today. I will also be revealing the proven strategies, Techniques and tactics used by top salespeople every where. With these lessons comes the opportunity for you to become a certified salesperson if you desire to pick up Our Self Study Course on Salesmanship and significantly tap into this field of unlimited opportunities today. Just imagine the impact you too can make today in Sales, assuming you are already mentally prepared and equipped with the proven system of sales ideals, methods and techniques used by top salespeople everywhere and the opportunity to get Certified at the comfort of your home! Listen, if you are a business person, employed, unemployed, student, business owner or manager, self employed or an entrepreneur; you will practically get free business advice, ideas and insights here and, also the opportunity for you to re-examine your career or business and, practically help you succeed in today’s competitive market. You will benefit all these by simply following this thread; in fact, this is your first step to making it big as a salesperson in Nigeria today. let’s now take our very first lesson!

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by ookunlola(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
Great job! fully following. God bless

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by vintino(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
Listening 100%

*modified*

2nd to comment grin
Will get there someday..

NOTICE:
the guy above me is sipping Orijin in class.

2 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Umejiaku87(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
Sales Job is good only when you sell the right products. Frustration creeps in when the products are not saleable.

13 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by OkunrinMeta: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Oya now op, where is the first lesson?

4 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
cheesy
Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by garlicrey(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
boss have a been a sales boy before

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by dmjinc(m): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
Tired cry

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Wuuworld(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
Am into sales job too,my brother package Iphone 6 that use nokia battery for me to sell for him...each sales covers one month of hustling,even last week, an OAU female student bought one from me....#i rep NDI OBI AKPOO#

2 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Sijo01(f): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
vintino:
Listening 100%

That your hearing device strong o. For it to pick op's signal from his location to yours tongue

2 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by takenadoh: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
Open Book.

Nice one Op.

Hope them no go ban me oh!!!!

#SurepGISPayyourinterns

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Viktor1983(m): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
#Following

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by olola4(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
climb on top iroko tree with my gionee.
forget to take my orijin,went back to take it
climb iroko tree again

#following

2 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Arlex(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Some graduates be like "wetin concern me".
If only they can humble themselves then unemployment rate wud reduce drastically...

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Misogynist2014(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Thanks

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by baaleconcept(m): 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
What' are you still waiting for

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by SalesConsultant(m): 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
Sorry for the delay.... Thanks for all your comments!
Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Optional2(f): 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by zonax(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by SalesConsultant(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lesson One:
Why Customers Buy!

Customers are indeed the lifeblood of every business because without customers, you have no business. As the old axiom goes “nothing happens until somebody buys something.” The most important function of every business is to create and keep customers. It’s that simple and that difficult. It’s a common believe that most business failure in Nigeria are caused by a lack of capital. It’s also false. Practically all business failure is course by lack of customers. If you have enough customers, you can do almost everything else wrong and still make profit. But if you don’t have enough customers, you can do everything else right and go broke.

In today’s competitive market, why should customers buy from you? Many of my students and clients had trouble answering this question. They respond with things like “we have been in business for 15 years” and “we have the best service” or “our quality is the best” and so on. Well, if you’re a Doctor, Lawyer, Professor, Engineer, Teacher, Accountant, or other professional, that may be the case. But it’s an arrogant and very dangerous attitude as a Salesperson, Entrepreneurs or Business owners. The truth is that the success of any business isn’t determined by what any body knows. Its determined by what sells and how well you sell it. As a salesperson, it isn’t what you know but what your customers buy that counts most. In a personal business, it’s easy for you and me to think of ourselves as the business. Don’t be fooled. The customers are the business. We are the service providers. As homour writer Linda Perret remarked, “The customers isn’t always right, but he’s always the one with the money.”

The first thing you need to realize is that success in the regular job and the Salesmanship/Entrepreneur's world involves different journeys requiring different maps. Too many new salespersons in Nigeria fail simply because they continue to think and act like regular employees. You have a great self-image, high expectations, a positive attitude, and steely determination. But you aren’t going to be successful following the wrong map, and this misconception maybe holding you back.

Creating value is the key. What do people buy? Benefits! Customers any where in the world exchange their hard earn money f[i]or something they believe will satisfy them more than the money they have to pay for it[/i]. No customer will buy from you or me except they are well convinced that the value they get is greater than the cost. So whatever your choice of business, your basic job is to offer a product or service and convince customers that its worth far more to them than the money it cost. That is called creating perceived value, and if you are good at this, you won’t lack customers.

So adopt the successful salespeople’s map today. Forget about your own view of the world. Put aside your ego, prejudices, and your opinions and look at the world through your customers eyes. Who are your customers? What do they want? What’s value to them? How do I provide it? Do I need advice or training? Answering these questions correctly is the key to success in any endeavour. A Sunday time author Michael Morris remarked and I quote “customers buy because your marketing is better, meaning you have put together a proposition that is more relevant to them than anything else on offer.” And that’s it. Get it right, and you could be on the way to fortune. Get it wrong and there is no point in going any further. Please, feel free to share your thoughts and comments while we prepare for the next lesson:

By Engr. Ebhomien Endurance
Sales Consultant
Tel: +2349024605094

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by fairprince(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Let's roll.

2 Likes

Re: BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Some unforgettable improvement a sales job added to me was confidence, i mean raw and unabashed confidence, the ability to strike up a conversation with just any person anytime and anywhere, faith in my ideas and abilities, freedom to express myself and ideas without reservation and open mindedness to life generally. Sales is one job that changes you so radically the changes will be visible to others and aid your ambition whatever it turns out to be. Even Robert Kiyosaki author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad recommended a sales job experience for any would be entrepreneur. So why wouldn't you take a sales job?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Set To Employ 300,000 Graduates For 2nd Phase Of N-power Scheme / How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview / "Why Should We Hire You?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.