Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Need A Graphic Tutor - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Graphic Tutor (705 Views)

Must A Webdesigner Be A Graphic Designer Too? / Learn Photoshop From Scratch And Start Making Money As A Graphic Designer / Rate My First CV As A Graphic Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Graphic Tutor by switchmax8: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2009
I need a good graphic artist,adobe photoshop cs3 suites,3,4 and extended tutor send me your fee,location and previous work on the above and you must be living around Alimosho.
Thanks.
Re: I Need A Graphic Tutor by nuckecy(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2009
Hey, I believe you don't really need a tutor to help you achieve what you want. You can actually do it alone if you have these list;

1. Time
2. Passion
3. A computer or laptop and all the applications you need installed.

Now creativity grows from the inside. If its in you it will flow. Please don't bother yourself if you cant spit it like fire not everyone has it. We all have our role to play. One could be a Developer and the other a Designer. Teaming up they can benefit and achieve goals together. Over the years I've realized that I can develop more sites if i involve more than 2 hands and brains.

What I have to offer you is the above list, some encouragements (Believe me you can do it alone without a tutor) and few websites to kick start a self tutor and some extended tips to become a good designer.

Encouragements

Believe me you can do it alone without a tutor

Websites:

1. http://tutorialized.com
2. http://pixel2life.com
3. http://psdtutts.com (Envato Network)

Now the extended tips, hmmmmm. Well maybe later.
Re: I Need A Graphic Tutor by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2009
I concurr - I dont deal primarily in graphics, but blv me, i can do graphics alot - the trick is - open up a site - look at what they did - then i open my graphics editor - then try to do same thing - it takes time and passion, but eventually you will get around it.

Start first by writing you name in black against a white canvas, then start drawing boxes and circles, then later learn how to use lasoo, knife to cut edges, draw ellipse, do layers, eventually transparent image, progressive jpeg, all of them will come.

What I did then was to go to Otigba (Computer Village) to buy a CD containing fireworks 6.0, i am using 8.0 and open the tutorial that comes with it and started practicing, now, there is almost no kind of graphics i cant do - but because i hate graphics work i usually outsource them out to web interface developers while i face my scripting squarely to minimize time loss.

Aside of knowing how to design, you need to have creativity too - that will distinguish the natural graphic designers who design directly from their mind from those of us (like me) - who need to look at what others have done before making up my mind which one to copy (Ole like me).

Anyway, if you hire a tutor - good for you - even if he is an expert and trains you, as long as you do not do-it-yourself and practice, you will be back to square one!!
Re: I Need A Graphic Tutor by switchmax8: 9:31am On Jan 10, 2009
Thanks nuckecy and dhtml am i really appreciate the advice i start practising on my own i know that practising makes perfect thanks alot and i hope we continue to be there for each other and render sefless services.
Re: I Need A Graphic Tutor by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2009
That is the spirit. If you have any questions, you can alwayz post them on this forum, people will alwayz be there to help - that is the spirit of 2009 - i think [the days of o-le-nu-pa aka chest-thrumping are long gone]! Anyway, me i alwayz like to call mysef amateur - because i still need to improve - i am an amateur in fireworks - at least i can write nairaland upside down from right to left in fireworks!

(1) (Reply)

hello / If U Can Do That Contact Me! I Got A Job For Ya / Www.bulksmsweb.com Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.