Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,356 members, 7,864,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

The New Series Empire Fan Club. - TV/Movies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The New Series Empire Fan Club. (120038 Views)

TV Series “empire” Gets A Collaboration With Ladies Cosmetic Brand Covergirl / The New Series 'into The Badlands 'official thread / The Gotham Series Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Illuminatus(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yonce:

Maybe you missed where I said his children.......especially the first two were not easy to love.
Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for a single dad whose wife just got into jail to raise three boys with issues bigger than the normal average kid? Andre already with signs of a mental illness Luscious dreads more than anything, Jamal still refusing to play with trucks and settling for Barbies, and Hakeem barely a toddler still needing breast milk from his mom. All the while trying to get Empire off the ground, writing songs, scouting talent, producing just so the company can be what it is today and secure a future for his generations so they could all be born with a diamond spoons when he didn't even have a rubber spoon?

That's why he left family---Bunky and Vernon, to raise them......he didn't have a choice. They way he's acting towards them is because of the way they turned out on their own, Andre being bipolar is not his fault, Jamal being gay is not Luscious' fault either......so what exactly is your first statement about? undecided
he might not have been responsible for making Jamal gay and Andre bipolar, but he's responsible for how they feel about those things. He made Jamal uncomfortable because of his sexuality. The way he keeps treating Andre is not beneficial to his getting better at all. The unhealthy competition he's instigating amongst them is...unhealthy. The way he keeps pressuring them. It's part of what shaped them into the adults they've become. Their mother was away to save his black ass.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
dubylhover:

grin you're welcome..I like that Rhonda...shes a very good and loyal wife..d type we dey look for
Yea. Buh @ the beginning of d movie I thought she was with Andre for d money of Empire
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by dubylhover(m): 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
raffyreuz:

Yea. Buh @ the beginning of d movie I thought she was with Andre for d money of Empire

yes oo..i thought so also,until it was shown that theyve been dating from college,she trully loves d guy,but lucious doesnt approve cos she's white...nd I feel its another reason he doesnt trust Andre,he feels its poor decision making
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by cao(f): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8jL8oamB20
Andre: "You put me in charge."
Lucious: "I put you in place."
Me: **sings Good Enough [until the end of time]**
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Yonce(f): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Illuminatus:

he might not have been responsible for making Jamal gay and Andre bipolar, but he's responsible for how they feel about those things. He made Jamal uncomfortable because of his sexuality. The way he keeps treating Andre is not beneficial to his getting better at all. The unhealthy competition he's instigating amongst them is...unhealthy. The way he keeps pressuring them. It's part of what shaped them into the adults they've become. Their mother was away to save his black ass.

And why should Jamal feel comfortable about being gay? Tomorrow if you have a son who turns out to be gay, I hope you clap for him and praise him for his chosen lifestyle.

Up until recently, this gay thing was not as accepted as it is now......many people are homophobic but don't bother saying anything and turn a blind eye till they experience first hand if someone they hold in high esteem turns out to be gay. Luscious is homophobic, it is not a crime to not be able to accept same sex relationship.
It is a matter of choice. Despite gay marriage being legal in all 50 states of the US, not everyone is comfortable with it.

As for Andre, I said it before.....its all about his grandmother. Andre suffering the effect of the trauma Luscious suffered sort of humanizes him and creates plot twist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
dubylhover:

yes oo..i thought so also,until it was shown that theyve been dating from college,she trully loves d guy,but lucious doesnt approve cos she's white...nd I feel its another reason he doesnt trust Andre,he feels its poor decision making

One other thing is that lucious nd cookie dont like whites
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
I hate the way lucious treats andre,it's very bad just because he's bi polar,i pity him
He should just work with cookie jare and leave his father,how can he be begging him ...he has no pride at all

That spanish girl is a b*tch how can she stab them in the back like that

That photographer is a bastard,what was he intending to do?,suck jamal's d*ck...yuck
The boyfriend sef is not ok he saw that jamal turned the photographer down 4 him and he had to cheat on jamal, very stupid guy

Never knew rhonda really loved andre thought it was because of his money

What is lucious thinking,he killed the father and signed the daughter,what will happen if the girl get's to know that he killed her father

who the hell kidnapped hakeem,i av a feeling it's those people that tried to rob cookie

Can't wait to watch episode 6,my current ringtone is sn*tch b*tch ,dope song

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Talius(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
shokky24:
I hate the way lucious treats andre,it's very bad just because he's bi polar,i pity him
He should just work with cookie jare and leave his father,how can he be begging him ...he has no pride at all

That photographer is a bastard,what was he intending to do?,suck jamal's d*ck...yuck
The boyfriend sef is not ok he saw that jamal turned the photographer down 4 him and he had to cheat on jamal, very stupid guy

What is lucious thinking,he killed the father and signed the daughter,what will happen if the girl get's to know that he killed her father

who the hell kidnapped hakeem,i av a feeling it's those people that tried to rob cookie

very dope song
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by iamkingzlee(m): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
shokky24:

The guys that came in to rob Cookie were sent by Thirsty(lucious's lawyer) I feel the guys that kidnapped him are the Hood rats! soo they could demand a ransom, i think cool

Favourite character: Lucious and Andre mehnnn grin
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
I like this part

Streets are watching, eyes are on me
Closest to me done, switched up on me
Days are long n' nights are lonely
It's better to know it, cause now I know it
You ain't nothing but a snitch, b*tch
Snitchin' ass b*tch
Snitch b*tch, snitching ass b*tch
And you know it x3
And I know it (I know it), and you know I know it (you know I know it)
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
I have this feeling that Lucious is behind Hakeem's kidnap.

And this girl,emmm what's her name,the one that Hakeem saw in a bar,yea dat one...I think she's up to something
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Yonce:

And why should Jamal feel comfortable about being gay? Tomorrow if you have a son who turns out to be gay, I hope you clap for him and praise him for his chosen lifestyle.

Up until recently, this gay thing was not as accepted as it is now......many people are homophobic but don't bother saying anything and turn a blind eye till they experience first hand if someone they hold in high esteem turns out to be gay. Luscious is homophobic, it is not a crime to not be able to accept same sex relationship.
It is a matter of choice. Despite gay marriage being legal in all 50 states of the US, not everyone is comfortable with it.

As for Andre, I said it before.....its all about his grandmother. Andre suffering the effect of the trauma Luscious suffered sort of humanizes him and creates plot twist.

Having a homosexual child is every parent's nightmare no matter how cool they pretend to be..its easy for some to cheer such abnormality but would never want to be part of it. Jamal is just lucky he's musically talented, Lucious would have treated him worse than Andre.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
Yonce:

Andre has a head for business but he's crazy. Personally, no son can run Empire the way Luscious does......only one woman can and that's his wife.
With Andre, Luscious is scared.........I agree he has demons and needs to open up to someone but I get why he behaves the way he does. I will never live a multi billion dollar empire to someone like Andre. He's far too unstable. And you think that Andre is not like Luscious' mother because you're viewing like a spectator. Luscious is the one with the shoe, he knows where it bites the most. I was angry at first with the way he kept treating Andre till we saw just a few clips of what living like is with a bipolar parent 24/7.

And why can't we blame Cookie for how her sons turned out? Its obvious her absence escalated their whole decline, especially Hakeem. It might not be her fault for being absent but she did the drugss, she knew the risks.......its like a mother robbing and getting caught before leaving her kids behind going to jail. She knew who her husband was, he put one of her kids in a dustpan, she should have known leaving them with Luscious was not the best.

All in all, I will not blame Luscious entirely, he has his own wahala but when it comes to Andre, I understand his pain. Living with a bipolar patient is not something you can just talk about in rehab, its deeper than that.

Exactly...
Im sure as the show progresses we'll see how insane Mama Dwight was, it must have been really traumatising for a child( wouldn't be surprised if he escaped death by a whisker) and watching that same thing happen all over with his First Son..eish! I can't imagine! Lucious loves his kids though but has a very funny way of showing it. He's all kinds of bad..and that's what his business entails
"Money is dirty and we don't play clean" -Money for Nothing
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Darey00(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
"you see,where we come from,if the cops raid u,you are a G.
If the feds raid u,that makes you an O.G"

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by iamkingzlee(m): 8:33am On Oct 30, 2015
Darey00:
"you see,where we come from,if the cops raid u,you are a G.
If the feds raid u,that makes you an O.G"
LOL. lucious lyon grin correct guy!!!
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Darey00(m): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2015
iamkingzlee:
LOL. lucious lyon grin correct guy!!!
Omo na 5 times i watch that scene lol

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Treyknowles(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sad news guys,seems like we will av to wait till november 11 to find out who kidnapped hakeem,episode 6 has been postponed AGAIN. angry
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Treyknowles:
Sad news guys,seems like we will av to wait till november 11 to find out who kidnapped hakeem,episode 6 has been postponed AGAIN. angry
damn. Am so pained
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by orobosa26(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2015
then am off to watch d series from beginning again
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Talius:

very dope song
Where can i download it?
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Talius(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
Rextayne:
Where can i download it?
Visit then search for empire and select the track u want
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Tayo2k7: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2015
"I'm givin' a lesson on how to man the hell up instead of wallowing in self-pity and bitch ass-ness." —Lucious #Empire
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by ajasa4link: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Now cookie is banging the man who kidnapped her son..... Interesting. But something tells me Hakim might kill that guy the moment he sees the tattoo on his back anytime he's messing with cookie.

Anika no Come get use pass tissue paper, everybody use her and dump her. Omoshe o......
Now it's obvious Andre is Schmuck crazy., abi how can u run a rap label with ur church mind? U want ur artists to do hardcore rap with Bible verses huh?....

I just hope Hakim grows up quick and learns how to channel his anger into something productive like Jamal does everytime.

And by the way I still have a feeling Brenda (abi wetin be that Gathers daughter's name?) will have a hand in luscious going down. People as big as luscious always get taken down by very small midget.

By the way I think this episode was a little watery, no serious action, flat storyline and nothing much of consequence happened.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Alfred234(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2015
I didn't think I'll be the one saying this buh this episode was dry jor... The only thing interesting in the episode is that Cookie is sleeping with the enemy but what if its still Luscious plan to destroy Cookie from the inside? Who knows? I feel pity for Anika, err body is just using her and dumping her.
Andre wants to turn Empire to a Gospel Hip-Hop label.
Jamal is just there singing love song (I don tire for your yeye love love abeg ) He needs to sing about something else.
BTW
I love the song Hakeem did with those girls and the one Freda Gatz sang in that club.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by dubylhover(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2015
pretty average episode..
no wonder lucious doesn't trust andre,that guy is a ticking time bomb...anika now na use nd dump oo.that fine geh...

lucious is just d one making this series still good..d writers ar outta ideas,den d nusic is good sha..female gathers is good sha
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by edi287: 5:49am On Nov 06, 2015
I'm surprised no one is talking about what exactly those guys did to Hakeem that made him run to Anika's place to bang her.
An erection should be the LAST thing that happens after going through such an ordeal.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Odkboy23(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2015
edi287:
I'm surprised no one is talking about what exactly those guys did to Hakeem that made him run to Anika's place to bang her.
An erection should be the LAST thing that happens after going through such an ordeal.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Odkboy23:
Maybe he was raped (I hope that its not what happened sha) and he was using Anika to test whether he will still get attention for females and also the way he was answering everyone when they are asking him what happened "I'm straight y'all". Thats my crazy theory tho I hope it won't come to that.

How can you say he was rapëd. .Do you people listen to what they say in the series at all or just view moving pictures. jeez.. He was only traumatized, & hated himself cos he felt helpless
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Just finished ep6
Did cookie just slept with the devil?
Now anika is something they can just use and dump
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Becky got her groove back shocked..never saw that coming. I guess that J.Poppa guy is good with his rap and with Becky..."hitting all the walls" tongue , Aha! Hit again bro! Why's 'Mal walking like he has a big stick stuck in his arse? Oh, I almost forgot he's gay undecided , wish the writers could just surprise me a lil and make him straight at some point. I think im beginning to like Keem, he's still a spoilt brat though and does Cookie have to blame Lucious for everything? She's becoming annoying..thank goodness she has a new distraction. Poor Anika, she's got No One and Nothing to hold on to. The tallest girl in the "girl group" is a very good dancer and I think the lead vocalist will make a honest man out of Keem soon. Ep 6 wasn't that interesting btw
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Addebayo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Boom Boom Boom Boom

Bang Bang Bang Bang
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Adaeze003(f): 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
darkenedrebel:

How can you say he was rapëd. .Do you people listen to what they say in the series at all or just view moving pictures. jeez.. He was only traumatized, & hated himself cos he felt helpless

Oh puleese.... I like that explanation grin grin

You do not get a bonerr after getting tortured!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.