Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 (35037 Views)

Tiwa Savage Poses For Elle Magazine South Africa / Tiwa Savage Stuns At The Elle Style Awards (photos) / OMG! Yetunde Bustline Oduwole Breaks Down In Tears Curses Ex-bf Baba Tee (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Onemansquad(m): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2015
Twelve-Year-Old Zuriel Oduwole has been listed by ELLE Magazine recently as one of ‘33 Women Who Impacted the World in 2014’ and will be featured on ELLE Canada for the March 2015 Issue.

Zuriel, a popular Nigerian documentary filmmaker and girls education advocate, at 12 years old, is the youngest on the list.

She was recognized for her various endeavors in 2014 which include inviting First Ladies across Africa to talk Girls education in her colloquy, speaking to children in Ethiopia and the UK on Education, taking 2 footballs across the globe during the FIFA World Cup to keep the education topic exciting, launching a hand hygiene campaign for school kids in Africa during the Ebola crisis and premiering her first movie for screening in a commercial cinema in November 2014.

Zuriel is also an honorary Ambassador for the First Lady of Tanzania’s foundation, WAMA. Other notable pacesetters on the list include Federal Reserve Bank Chairperson, Janet Yellen; activist/actress, Angelina Jolie; General Motors President, Mary Barra, and ABC TV super producer, Shonda Rhimes.

ELLE Magazine is the world’s largest fashion, style and entertainment magazine with more than 40 editions in 60 countries.

Source:-http://jadeafrican.com/elle-magazine-lists-12-year-old-nigerian-filmmaker-zuriel-oduwole-among-2014s-powerful-women/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Gboliwe: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2015
See life!
A 12year old smallie is referred to as a woman but try calling a 35year old Nigerian female a woman, all hell will be let loose cheesy grin

Nigerians! Good people, Funny people and a Great nation. grin

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Lilyomi(f): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2015
12 yr old? N I'm yet to interview my Hall president? I'm jealous o. Anyway is a gr8 achievement. Hope most kids wl learn from her.
The one up prevented ne frm bn named the first to comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Sabadon(m): 9:13am On Feb 26, 2015
I remember dis girl....last year wen I checked she was still 11yrs old.

no b she b d same girl wen say she go contest for American presidency
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2015
Sabadon:

yeah, she's the one,, and she can win it thou

2 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by DonTeamie(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2015
grin cheesy

Interesting......

She's My Younger sister tho

cheesy

I know u won't believe Me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 9:32am On Feb 26, 2015
Is it possible sha,if she were to grow up in Nigeria cos I dnt tink have heard her name before, lolx when I was her age I was still struggLing for first position in jss1/jss2.
12yrs old pikin...,nah exposure..,if u check her parents are big wigs and nt 9ja based they gat d money to fund her...,12yr oldpikin wey growup for ajcity or mushin fit get time dey do activist(powerful people) cos I no knw ow e wan take impact world, unless e wan turn suicide bomber(farouk).

Buh 9ce wan sha ...,

22 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2015
undecided
Sabadon:

American Presidency wow...am marvelled on how she wanna achieve dat...,with her yoruba surname...
Y not nigerian presidency...,contesting beside buhari and jonathan
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Sarimah(f): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2015
woow

I'm marveled

2 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Sabadon(m): 11:11am On Feb 26, 2015
Psalmwise:
undecidedAmerican Presidency wow...am marvelled on how she wanna achieve dat...,with her yoruba surname...
lolzzzzzz Nigerian political system wud b too harsh for all her prospects

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Lilyomi(f): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2015
DonTeamie:
grin cheesy

Interesting......

She's My Younger sister tho

cheesy

I know u won't believe Me
N sumone else told us abt this U guys r really close siblings. grin

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Setaje(f): 11:48am On Feb 26, 2015
Psalmwise:
undecidedAmerican Presidency wow...am marvelled on how she wanna achieve dat...,with her yoruba surname...

Yoruba surname??. Does barrack Obama sound English to you.

14 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2015
American president huh? Great.

Dreams are the clouds we humans fly...until REALITY shoots you down.

I'm an optimistic realist.

3 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by pretydiva(f): 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dis is really impressive. Dis is 2 show dat gud things can actually come frm dis country
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by AJOT99(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
Impressive!
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Onemansquad(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
Wia ar d mods let dm cum move dis to d frontpage

tags:
missyb3
lalasticlala
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
Setaje:

Yoruba surname??. Does barrack Obama sound English to you.
huh...we'll surnname wasn't d barrier am talking abt...,buh nationality...a nigerian ruling american...An underage(12yrs) ruling (meen dis are not d days of elijah or josiah)...a female ruling america....hmm my sister plenty plenty tinz...

Babez let's be realistic

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by yemicoal(m): 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
I hope some of our naija ladies can see this, be recognized for something real not recognition as that lady that opens her leg to every dick and harry

4 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by toluwaniyahoo(f): 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
Interesting hmmmmm

God's special gift
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by alberto2k(m): 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
Wow! Powerful? shocked

Can she pound akpu? undecided
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by dareyking(m): 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
Wow.

That's a nice one for my country.

I love that her name.., Zuriel.

who knows the meaning, Abeg?

Long live Nigeria..!!
Proudly one!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by ibkgab001: 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by valmunich(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Talk about girls with potentials
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
An example, I hope some Nigerian girls will get off their high camel and look up to you as their role model.

Keep doing you, Zuriel. smiley
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by gurunlocker: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
She is pretty cool
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by raayah(f): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Psalmwise:

"Barack Obama" is not an English or American Name but He's the American President.

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by sexymoma(f): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
Wow im proud of ma country...
i still dey gather candle wax maybe i go see something produce outter it...
Who knows i may be the first woman to make fuel from candle wax wink

2 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Muhammadkhan: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
Why waste ur mb to check this shit.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by omanifrank(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
old news
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by ShootingStar88(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Damasus And Daniel Ademinokan Loved Up In New Photo / DJ Khaled Drinks Wine To "IF". Davido Reacts (Photos, Video) / Snoop Dogg Smokes Weed & Drops Live Performance Ahead Of Mike Tyson's Comeback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.