Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] (57512 Views)

A Day At Abuja House, London / Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london / Protest Against Buhari At Chatham House in London [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Azo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
datribune:
Listening on radio. SIMPLY BRILLIANT! d confidence & d intelligence of dis man is something else. His delivery is so effortless. Come march 28th, we shall make GMB president IJN. SAI BUHARI

Seriously when i see comments like these I believe their is hope for Nigeria beyond religious and ethnic differences.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Praktikals(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
igbsam:
Issorite.

I only came here to look at profile pictures

Of the ladies ba? grin
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Praktikals(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
igbsam:
Issorite.

I only came here to look at profile pictures

Of the ladies ba?
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by dapsin999(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
God bless GMB, may you live longer than your enemies and may your reign favour us all in Nigeria and beyond. Love you sir

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by 50calibre(m): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
cuteboy2:

Precisely my problem with Buhari.
His first task if he wins this election would be to get rid of Tinubu fast!!!

Tinubu shadowing and hovering over Buhari does not do his credibility any good at all

I tell you!! Tinubu's presence in his team is a stain & a dent to his credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
hmmmm oshomiole leave e state

dt thief
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Collynzo419: 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nigerians supporting Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
alowonle02:

It seems u need and elderly attention. Have u been in any Institution before? Or better still go and see ur doctor o.

See a doctor for what? Did what I wrote not make any sense to you? People have been shouting everywhere in Nigeria that buhari has no WASC and he has come out to say that he has the certificate but gave it to the military.

At this point, it is safe to assume that he has lost the original so what stops him from asking Cambridge to give him a certified-true-copy just to shame all those accusing him and silence them forever? Even the cambridge have said that they can only act on this matter if buhari makes a request but buhari has refused to do so! embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by tuniski: 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
baye2023:
"Democracy is not an event but a journey and the end of the journey is democratic consolidation " - Buhari #ChathamHouse
democracy has no end; it is a continuous process. This man is just clueless!
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
Collynzo419:

I can bet my last kobo that all those guys are yorubas. undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Collynzo419: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I can bet my last kobo that all those guys are yorubas. undecided undecided

Ok which means GMB has SW on lockdown

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by 50calibre(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
This is the first time I've listened extensively to this man & I must say how impressed I am.

I'm marvelled by his eloquence & sense of humour. His answers were succinct, honest, realistic & straight to the point.

If a 72 year old man can maintain this level of eloquence & coherence then I don't see why his age should be relevant.

Truth be told, this man towers above Jonathan in every aspect.

You might need to strain your ears to understand his accent at times, but guess what, everyone has an accent.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by cuteboy2: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Azo:

What about is answers to questions? Prepared in advance? Are you not impressed even with his humour.

Humour is one thing. Honesty is of purpose is another kettle of fish altogether.

Even the devil deployed wit and guile to try and tempt Jesus.

I have said it a thousand times, I have no personal problem with Buhari as a person, his wit inclusive (though I still struggle to know when he acquired this new trait). He has always cut the image of an angry, vengeful, unforgiving soul. Not sure when he got converted. May be this is another product of intensive coaching by his handlers.

I have deep concerns about what really lurks in his heart. Can a man wipe away all the issues I raised by one single sentence in far away London? " I used to be known as a dictator, but now I am a converted democrat".

Democrats take great delight in facing their opponents and demonstrating to the people why his ideas are superior. Dodging public debates or getting irritated and angry when challenged is not the hallmark of true democrats.

#BuhariTellTheTruth
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by IdrisAdebiye: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Buhari is still THINKING of putting together a ‘think tank’ thant will advise his government! This is very sad. I expect them to come out boldly and say their think tank members have come up with a blue print already. This approach is not different from the current approach of GEJ. This man has nothing NEW to offer!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Krisddon: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Collynzo419:
Fayose can say whatever he likes, PDP can wish him whatever they like

Buhari will be the President of Nigeria in 2015
You wish!
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by obowunmi(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
There is something very colonist about this experience. That corrupt political leaders need to be somehow validated by the British leaders to feel accepted.

It's pathetic to me.
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by glory2glory: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
temitemi1:
Ambulance should be on standby ooo because buhari won't be speaking for 5min as he use to during his campaign ooooooo cheesy grin cheesy

Shame on you! The man spoke for more than 30mins standing. Took questions standing. GMB is healthy and fit , unfortunately for you and PDP only God will determines when a man dies. Age does not determine when someone will die.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Collynzo419:

Ok which means GMB has SW on lockdown

Not true! You will see signs & wonders in SW on 28th of next month. Lock down? Not after all the endorsements Jonathan has received from SW.

All in all, Jonathan will emerge victorious. This is the simple political arithmetics:

GEJ will win the SE/SS/MB. buhari will win heavily in the NW as usual; Kaduna is going to be hot and divided 50-50 between Kaduna north & south. Besides, Jonathan's VP is from Kaduna and the sitting Governor is PDP too. Lamido of Jigawa will do all he can to gather some Jigawa votes for Jonathan. Votes from the SW will be split and GEJ will get a reasonable size of the votes from there. The NE will not be too impressive because of the ding dung battles between boko haram and the MNTF; losing ground and recapturing it tomorrow.

The APC soldiers on nairaland are fighting a lost battle. I pity them because they will know the real definition of frustration after the elections.

Goodluck Jonathan will remain Nigeria's president come next month!

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Demdem(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
Collynzo419:

Those with us are more than those against us. Unlike those paid fools, these ones looks far more matured and responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Collynzo419: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]Not true! You will see signs & wonders in SW on 28th of next month. Lock down? Not after all the endorsements Jonathan has received from SW.

All in all, Jonathan will emerge victorious. This is the simple political arithmetics:

GEJ will win the SE/SS/MB. buhari will win heavily in the NW as usual; Kaduna is going to be hot and divided 50-50 between Kaduna north & south. Besides, Jonathan's VP is from Kaduna and the sitting Governor is PDP too. Lamido of Jigawa will do all he can to gather some Jigawa votes for Jonathan. Votes from the SW will be split and GEJ will get a reasonable size of the votes from there. The NE will not be too impressive because of the ding dung battles between boko haram and the MNTF; losing ground and recapturing it tomorrow.

The APC soldiers on nairaland are fighting a lost battle. I pity them because they will know the real definition of frustration after the elections.

Goodluck Jonathan will remain Nigeria's president come next month! [/s]

Igbo man telling Yorubas how they will vote grin grin

Lets just wait and see

Just last week and this week, you and ur people were shouting that Buhari is dying

I cannot take u seriously

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Collynzo419: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Demdem:

Those with us are more than those against us. Unlike those paid fools, these ones looks far more matured and responsible.

Totally Agree

Buhari was very impressive today

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by KYO1: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Fayose should cover his black face in shame and hide his tails in between his legs,pictures does not lie ,the CHATHAM meeting is on now despite the protest by the jobless youths organized by PDP.
S
A
I
BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:
Buhari is still THINKING of putting together a ‘think tank’ thant will advise his government! This is very sad. I expect them to come out boldly and say their think tank members have come up with a blue print already. This approach is not different from the current approach of GEJ. This man has nothing NEW to offer!

Goon, they will need to be in govt first and examine the rot Jonah-daft has left them with before coming with a workable blue print. Only fools will rely on paper achievement Ngozi always dishes out and use that as a basis for their plan.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Bokoharam: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

And someone reading your deranged post will still join you in voting Jonathan and PDP? God forbid I vote for someone whose supporters are wishing other people death.

WHY DON'T YOU SAY, "OVER YOUR DEAD BODY WILL GEJ RULE YOU AGAIN" JUST LIKE AMAECHI;
AND THEN, SIMPLE BUY YOUR BURIAL SPOT AT IKOYI VAULT LIKE FASHOLA BEFORE MARCH 28TH!
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Caseless: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
ellechrystal:
Story for d Gods,
If u like quote n insult me, this man looks sick for all
I care.
I hope he speaks well o.
Wish him all d best though.
u are sick!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by cuteboy2: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ttalk:
One thing you cant take away from APC is the calibre of people in the party

Fayemi - an oustsanding academician with a prolific writing style

Amaechi - Doggedness, bravery, governance acumen [he has the best record in education section since 1999]

Oshiomole - A tested comrade, labour leader and orator

Tinubu - The best political strategist and mobiliser

Fashola - An administrator, tested manager and workaholic personality

Soludo - A tested and futuristic economist

El-Rufai- A good planner, executor and city builder

Rochas - A philanthropist, businessman and loveable man

Are these the people who will run the government for Buhari by proxy?
The campaigns will soon be over. Governance will have to start. Buhari has to demonstrate that he can steer the ship of state in a tupsy-turvy and murky terrain of Nigerian politics.

A very corrupt National Assembly that sets salary and emoluments for itself that exceeds that of US President is waiting for him to deal with. How will he manage without allowing the sleaze to continue?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Bokoharam: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Demdem:

Goon, they will need to be in govt first and examine the rot Jonah-daft has left them with before coming with a workable blue print. Only fools will rely on paper achievement Ngozi always dishes out and use that as a basis for their plan.

So, you mean APC does have facts about Nigeria economy, and they are wagging their mouth? This is a huge joke!!!
Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by datribune: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
cuteboy2:

[s]Anybody can give a prepared speech. Especially if you have Dr Fayemi (an accomplished academic) and other hired professional political coaches to draw-up talking points for you. See Fayemi in the pic with his iPad always in close proximity to Buhari.

During the Buhari's Townhall Sessions at Lagos and Kano, Fashola was always on hand to help answer questions. Fayemi was always in front row apparently to ensure the script goes well.

What will cut it for me is when Buhari faces up and addresses the following issues back in Nigeria:

[b](1) Apologises for the thousands of Southerners who were slaughtered as a result of his direct utterances during the 2011 elections.

(2) He has not re-canted his characterization of Southerners and Christians as "dogs and baboons" whose blood will in the streets if he does not win the 2015 elections.

(3) He comes clean on his WASC certificate saga, and tells us if he got into the army through the backdoor since he did pass Mathematics. Requirement was 5 credits including English and Maths.

(4) Comes clean about the confusion regarding his true identity and his name. Is his name "Mohamed Buhari" as we have seen in his school record, or is it "Muhammadu Buhari" as we now know him? Did he hire someone to write his WASC exams? If he wrote that exams, at what point in his life did Buhari change his name?

(5) Explains why he made the statement that attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North. What does he mean by that?

(6) Explains the statement he made in Seminar that he will do everything openly and within his heart to ensure that Sharia is implemented all over Nigeria.

(7) Agrees to similar unscripted session and open debate back home in Nigeria.

Why would a man who wants to govern over 120million souls supposedly give a frank talk overseas, but clamp up and play recluse back home. In front of his people, he loses his power of speech. I don't get it!

How many of the millions of Nigerians have access to livestream to listen to Buhari in far away London?

#BuhariTellTheTruth[/s][/b]

We won't repeat d mistake of "I had no shoes" of 2011 in 2015. GEJ has shown clearly dat he doesn't hav d bandwidth to run a country as intricate & complex as d giant of Africa. GEJ is confused, overwhelmed & doesn't know what he's doing, in short he's clueless. #saynotocluelessness #IHaveDecided SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bokoharam:

So, you mean APC does have facts about Nigeria economy, and they are wagging their mouth? This is a huge joke!!!

yes, even based on the lies being peddled by iweala, its obvious she is doing a bad job. An example is the critical analysis of soludo on ngozis poor job.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by razid: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Someone asked from Twitter about his disposition to Shariah

He said that he had answered so much questions on Shariah particularly with the Christian communities he had met. He said that the Constitution is supreme and any other law will have cannot compare with it. He said the issue of Shariah as contained in the Constitution is limited to inheritance, marriage and other civil matters. He said that Shariah is just like the normal Customary court that deal with the culture of the people. He concluded the question by saying that anybody who wants more or less from Shariah will have to tamper with the constitution first.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by ellechrystal(f): 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
Caseless:
u are sick!
Same to u

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] by IdrisAdebiye: 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Demdem:

I disagree sir. This is the same approach of GEJ and we all condemn it. why double standard? He should tell us what EXACTLY they plan to do differently. Enough of committees I 'begi'!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of Political Thugs Arrested In Rivers By The Military. / THROWBACK: Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu / Orji Uzor-Kalu Wins At Appeal As Court Sacks Mao Ohuabunwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.