Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared (4030 Views)

Can Arsenal defeat Barcelona At Camp Nou With This telling Facts(photos) / Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / I Will Compete In The Next Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by nightrider: 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2006
Men i'm getting scared o!!! Arsenal is giving me what i want to see. I hope this season doesn't end like last season. Thierry seems burnt out and should be given a rest. so he can regain his fire power. The back four don't seem capable of holding a major attack. A team like united will tear us apart now.

I'm really hoping for some change. Maybe we shouldn't have sold sol and after watching Vieira in the world cup and his two goal comeback for inter agianst roma. I'm beginnning to have that feeling of regret.

SAVE ME SOMEBODY
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
Oh boy!

Na Aso Rock you dey live now? grin

We 've search the whole of Lagos but cant find you.

Welcome back.

If Mr Wenger bring in an Aged and experienced Defender, One midfielder(not small boy like Fab) and one Striker by thursday, nobody will be able to beat you BUT IF HE PRETENDS THAT HE IS BUILDING COCOA HOUSE i fear for you o.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by nightrider: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2006
grin kola i've been really busy o , but i'm a bit freer now.

I was really hoping wenger would get gallas, and maybe one serious striker. some one to support thierry.

The way i see this arsenal team , they are skillful, but don't have the physicality needed to fight big teams like Chelsea and united. who have power and speed and thierry can't do it alone.

Abeg somebody should beg wenger to buy back Vieira or sienna or sombody big and tough.

Except some miracle happens i see us chasing agian this season.

the only person that can help us and i believe he will is thierry
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by kitaun(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2006
@Niterider

Now our house has gotten fuller, pls don't go away like that again without informing the house o! cheesy

@Topic

The issue has always been that we will remain ourselves, most times our boys are complacent because they know their true ability and how on their good day devour any team, but really i will prefer that we start bad and end well than start well to end bad cool

@Akola

You have started again with this issue of calling Fabregas a small boy, and if he is does that depreciate his perfomance, the boy has been outstanding whether you think so or not! cool
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Ugwumba(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2006
New forum joiner, but long time Gunners fan. Make una welcome me now? cool
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by kitaun(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2006
Nna bros

Welcome o! good to see another titled chief in our midst, where what you find is a Gunners'camp devoid of hassles nor discord.welcome cool
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Hugoboi(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2006
With Ashley Cole set to move,this is really gonna be one hell of a seaon for the Gunners!!!E no go easy!!!
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by kitaun(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2006
And with Gallas set to come over things will be relatively easier! cool
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 1:58am On Aug 30, 2006
kitaun:

@Akola

You have started again with this issue of calling Fabregas a small boy, and if he is does that depreciate his perfomance, the boy has been outstanding whether you think so or not! cool

What do you want me to call Fab?

He is a small boy.

Mikel, Ogbuke, Kallou are small boys.

These days, Arsenal people want to Deport me from this Forum o grin
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by nightrider: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2006
Kitaun

i full ground cheesy

maybe kola means small in size and not in skills.

i was hoping for a new striker, an accomplished person to fill Bergkamp shoes,

Adebayor is not what i'm looking for. we need a sharp shooter to partner thierry. i don't know what wenger is thinking.

Henry seems burned out, the pressure is too much on the boy's shoulders. we should have bought martins or ibrahimovic or trezeguet or somebody with a name.

i don't want to see us chase this season again.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Ugwumba(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2006
@ gunners, make we give prof. a chance. below na im most recent mail, after the mancity loss.

Dear Arsenal supporter,

Saturday's defeat was a difficult one to swallow. We created a lot of chances but, as you could see, we found it difficult to finish off those chances. There was a lot of disappointment in the dressing room after the game.

Clearly we are not completely fit yet. With so many players at the World Cup we knew we could suffer at the start of the season, especially with the extra games we had to play in the Champions League.

It means we have had a disappointing start but there are still many positives to take, particularly with the way we play and approach the game. We have to push that through and be strong enough mentally to continue with the way that we play. It won't be long before we win these sorts of games.

Our lack of sharpness was evident in our finishing. We are lacking a little bit in that department at the moment and you could see that against Manchester City. You could say that we over-elaborated a little bit and sometimes I think we could take our chances earlier and quicker.

That was also the case against Aston Villa and Dinamo Zagreb and it can happen when you do not score early. However, I know that we have the quality to score goals as we have done in the past.

City went for long balls to Corradi and Sinclair and looked to target Justin Hoyte at left back. He had a couple of misjudgements on long balls but overall I thought he had quite a good game.

Justin's challenge led to the penalty and I cannot argue with the decision. Mind you, there was a foul on Fabregas just before that incident which should have been a free-kick. Robin van Persie had a valid penalty appeal turned down - I have seen it on the tape and feel we should have got the decision.

We are eight points behind Manchester United but, of course, it is very early. If the media wants to nominate a champion after three games then that is up to them, but we have only played twice. We will come back into the title race, don't worry about that.

Thanks for your support.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by nightrider: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2006
Amen
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Priscila(f): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2006
Nightrider Hi!
Dont be scared man! the road to heaven is so narrow but finally we will be there. even heard Julio baptista was to join us I dont know if he has come yet. We now have Rosiscky the long ranger just like other teams. We desperately need a central defender plus add some back up on bench. igwe is wearing out age catching up too.
Adebayor still reading his name backwards.

But it doesn't pain me to say Arsenal will top the lead. when I tell you a cow can lay an egg don't argue just bring the plate.
Gunners go! believe this you will believe anything!
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by SirKay3(m): 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2006
@ All GUNNERS,

Let's wait and see what happens in the next matches.

@ Akolawole,

Folding my arms for now
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 12:50am On Aug 31, 2006
Sir Kay:

@ Akolawole,

Folding my arms for now

Oga, wetin i do?

1) where is my Chelsea Shirt o?

2) Twinstaiye,Pie1ect and other good gunners left me here.

Honestly, the sport section is not the same again.

Maturity and respect don go.

You come to NL regularly but you hardly come to sports.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 12:57am On Aug 31, 2006
Ugwumba:

1) Clearly we are not completely fit yet. With so many players at the World Cup we knew we could suffer at the start of the season, especially with the extra games we had to play in the Champions League.

2) Mind you, there was a foul on Fabregas just before that incident which should have been a free-kick. Robin van Persie had a valid penalty appeal turned down - I have seen it on the tape and feel we should have got the decision.

Thank God it was Mr Wenger that says this If it it is another Coach, what are they going to call this?
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by debosky(m): 1:04am On Aug 31, 2006
i see arsenal stuggling this season if they dont begin to win and gain confidence real soon. despite all the outcry i still believe in wenger - he said in january that the team was getting better and better, and it did- getting to the CL finals witht he last 12 prem games unbeaten. granted this has been a very poor start, but its still premature to make any definitive statements. if we had won these games by some fluke goals, everyone wdve been rejoicing (even if henry wasn't the scorer).

there are flaws in this team no doubt - a solid deputy to gilberto is needed (fab cannot fight for balls and distribute at the same time)

the back line is very weak - hopefully when lauren and clichy come back we'll have more solidity, plus if we get gallas

strike force - i agree fully with wenger - what is lacking is sharpness, once we have that, henry, van persie, adebayor and aliadiere will score

the midfield players also have to take more responsibility going forward, don't pass to another person all the time, take responsibility and shoot!

we need to increase our level of threat on set pieces - henry and robin can bend em in good, but we need adebayor, toure using their height more

if we remain mentally strong, we'll pull through this

everycoach complains about decisions, the truth is this - do your job and u don't (usually) need to worry about the referee
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 1:12am On Aug 31, 2006
debosky:

1)i see arsenal stuggling this season if they don't begin to win and gain confidence real soon. despite all the outcry i still believe in wenger - he said in january that the team was getting better and better, and it did- getting to the CL finals witht he last 12 prem games unbeaten. granted this has been a very poor start, but its still premature to make any definitive statements. if we had won these games by some fluke goals, everyone wdve been rejoicing (even if henry wasn't the scorer).

2) there are flaws in this team no doubt - a solid deputy to gilberto is needed (fab cannot fight for balls and distribute at the same time)

3) the back line is very weak - hopefully when lauren and clichy come back we'll have more solidity, plus if we get gallas

strike force - i agree fully with wenger - what is lacking is sharpness, once we have that, henry, van persie, adebayor and aliadiere will score

the midfield players also have to take more responsibility going forward, don't pass to another person all the time, take responsibility and shoot!

4) [size=14pt]everycoach complains about decisions,[/size] the truth is this - do your job and u don't (usually) need to worry about the referee

Truth talk but get ready for bashing from other Gunners tommorow.

They have showed Lordimpaq pepper already.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Ugwumba(m): 10:13am On Aug 31, 2006
debosky:

i see arsenal stuggling this season if they don't begin to win and gain confidence real soon. despite all the outcry i still believe in wenger

debosky - na the 'if' save you from the pepper. if you are a philosophical man, then you go understand the power of 'collective positive thinking'.

Gunners unite!!!! this year na our year for double/ triple honors - mark my words.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Phenom(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2006
Arsenal will go places wit this squad in 2years time, but for now, dey will end up 3rd or 4th in d premiership.wen abou diaby(who plays like a young viera with d hunger and strength)and fabregas come of age, arsenal's midfield wil be tight
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by chidichris(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2006
to you arsenal fans,
i decided to call it a quit when i saw how unpredictable the club is as i hate unpredictable people.
in their first team squad, they have nothing less than 45 players yet , an injury to a player say eboue can cause a 3 months set back before they will find a suitable replacement. why? their last season's setback was as a result of henry's injury as they had to wait till his late come back before they start their struggle.
i used to like the club but when i noticed that the manager(wenger) and his counterpart in man u are into modern days slavery especially on their black players.
i can't stop thinking about how Ebuoe of all people worth 1.5 million pounds while Walcot worth 15 to 16 million.
i can't stop thinking how fergusion rated mikel 4 million in buying and all of a sudden rated him 16million for selling without any club training . what a funny drama.
my advise to you arsenal fans is that u let the club know that EPL is no longer what it used to be especially with the involvements of the chelsea billionaire, the arrival and take over of the man u club by the american don as well as the latest aston villa take over. it is either they change their manner and attitude towards players or history will remember them for their happy in the premiership.
to me another name for arsenal is heart breaks.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2006
Ugwumba:

1) debosky - na the 'if' save you from the pepper.

2) Gunners unite!!!! this year na our year for double/ triple honors - mark my words.

1) Debosky, i warn you o. grin

2) Unity!

What does Unity did for Germans in the last world cup?
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Ugwumba(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2006
@ chidichris - you were never truly a Gunners' fan (the word is derived from 'fanatic'). come rain, come shine na 'gunners forever'. bye-bye oh!!

PS - there are no true 'Chelsea' fans, only disgruntled manu (ughh!!, sorry Gunners for disgracing this website with that name, but note I used lowercase letters), and GUNNER fans. Abeg go join them.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by kitaun(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2006
@Chidichris sorry to dissapoint you cos we don't reckon with fair-weather people like you grin

@Debosky, no mind Akola o! nobody will scrape you alive because you have said the truth, at least we know the truth and the truth shall set us all free cool

@Akola, stop comparing Lordimpaq with Debosky or else you will make us feel you want to cause dissaffection in Gunners' camp angry cool
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by LoverBwoy(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2006
it so clear that lordimpaq has been mr akolawale's bait  tongue how u enjoying the pats on the back lol

Football has become a now now sport in EPL no thanx to chelsea spending spree, how strategy just need to change atleast now we have completed the stadium

things will definately go back to normal, one could argue man u team was stronger than our team last two season yet they still didnt win

when a certain club makes an illegal approach to a prominent player, you know what to expect

the whole transfer saga is time consuming and a big distraction to the management of the team

i hope chelsea gets more law suits, bad press, and more tapping allegations  grin  grin

Reyes > Real Madrid, go enjoy the sun Mummybwoy! Baptista> Arsenal mugu had to stay to get passport

Gallas Cole swap still on wink
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2006
kitaun:

1) @Debosky, no mind Akola o! nobody will scrape you alive because you have said the truth, at least we know the truth and the truth shall set us all free cool

2) @Akola, stop comparing Lordimpaq with Debosky or else you will make us feel you want to cause dissaffection in Gunners' camp angry cool

1) @Debosky

Dont mind the Uncrowned Spokesperson of Arsenal, i enjoy our chat yesterday. wink

2) Lordi, you have been a good Gunner jare. Keep it up!
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2006
chelsea has spent yes, s has portsmouth, tottenham spent 12million pounds this week alone, if u check their season total spending its at least 20million pounds so its not only chelsea.

what about newcastle? they've spent too, so have westham with 15million (rumored) on teves and javier

if wenger thinks only 'bargain' deals will win the premiership, we all will have to wait at least another 2 years before any silverware comes to the emirates. money needs to be spent well, and we need just one or two really good/exceptional players and we'll be well on our way. the young players need to be challenged to put in their best.

@ Akola i enjoyed the convo too
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by LoverBwoy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2006
you have to remeber portsmouth,spurs,newcastle, and west ham had no major project going on-stadium
most of these clubs are not cominh back with any major profit, plus some had billionaires trying to impress the loyal fans, later they'll be asking questions about their investments wink

I think arsene is too close to the board he should just concerntrate on the team and demand money from the dug out cool

Gallas for Arsenal 31 aug 2006 time 11.59pm grin
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2006
debosky:

chelsea has spent yes, s has portsmouth, tottenham spent 12million pounds this week alone, if u check their season total spending its at least 20million pounds so its not only chelsea.

what about newcastle? they've spent too, so have westham with 15million (rumored) on teves and javier

Good observation Sir!

Every team is improving their dressing room.

I am sure Jose will be scared now.

We will enjoy this year premiership well well.
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by Akolawole(m): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Gallas for Arsenal 31 aug 2006 time 11.59pm grin

Dont mind both teams.

They were just toiling with our mind.

Why today? Why not yesterday?

One day, we go shoot David Dein and Kenyon. grin
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by debosky(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2006
@ loverbwoy - stadium or no stadium - sell off reyes and cole you get at least 30million pounds!! that is enough to bring in at least 3 quality players in midfield defence and attack - thats all we ask from wenger, not to break the bank!

enough with the stadium excuses, Wenger just doesnt like spending, its worked before, but its no longer working
Re: Please Can Arsenal Compete? I'm Getting Scared by LoverBwoy(m): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2006
grin building a stadium is not an easy project like i said Wenger should just ask for money from the dug out and stop going for board meeting they can come up with money from somewhere anywhere like west ham's shady last minute deal with tevez n co

Selling cole was not arsenal's plan some maradonna in the name of kenyon play mind games

enough with the stadium excuses, Wenger just doesnt like spending, its worked before, but its no longer working

its not an excuse its a fact, and u know it worked before, Just that things change no thanx to chavski, We JUST NEED to concentrate on NOW NOW

we cant sell cashley cole to our rival without getting something significant back that'll be suicide! and selling reyes cheap will be murder too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly / AFCON 2012: Cote d'Ivoire Vs Angola (2 - 0) On January 30th 2012 / Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.