Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement (2420 Views)

A Rich, Loving, Caring And Generous Man Needed For A Mutual Relationship: / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / What Was The Reason Behind Your Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by Agielove: 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2009
@ Topic

your first reason for break up sounds logical but the other reasons are as a result of your inferiority complex, what ever you choose to do, handle it maturedly, I for one don't think sending a text message is the best way of doing it, be the man that you are, sit down and talk it over with her reasonably make her understand, afterwards you are free to stay away.
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by Czarskit(m): 12:20am On Jan 13, 2009
@ poster

Wats up with u dude Don't u have faith

I'll tell u ur real reason for breaking up with her!,

It because u are/were SCARED!!!

Scared of losing her somehow, someway.

I've been in similar situations dude & believe u me, I know how u feel.

I only hope that u are sure of what u r doin by letting dat girl go. undecided
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by topup: 5:25am On Jan 13, 2009
Oh my oh my, I enjoyed reading all the replies on this topic.

Firstly, a breakup doesn't have to be mutual at all. Though you are dating someone, you aren't yet one entity, not until marriage I believe, right now you should still be trying to get the best for you.

I personally think the real issue behind this is that you don't think you are good enough for her, and I realised this before you mentioned it. However, you don't want to change yet, your desire to stay the same bad boy until at least 5 years more, overrides your desire to keep this wonderful woman.

I don't know if I am just being naive again, but I believe some parts of your story, as I believe it is possible to let someone go that you know is a great woman. However, I don't know if it shows that you never truly loved her at all. I say this because, people are selfish by nature and who made you a hero? Your ex wants to be with you, and you claim you love her, but are not good enough, well she thinks you are, but you break up because? ? You want to offer her as a sacrifice to the other 'better' brothers. That is where your story doesn't seem to make full sense, can you really live knowing and accepting that you are below her? That you should go and settle for a bad girl, who won't make you feel so bad for being with her? Who won't make you want to be a better man, who is a lot younger than you so that you can marry a young woman at the age of ~30 when you're ready?

Seems to me that you just love the idea of a young bride.

There are other things you are not telling us, I have been in your ex's position and heard the ex tell my friend how 'he's letting me go, so I don't get hurt, because he knew he was a compulsive cheater.' Looking back, the guy must have thought he was a hero, 'letting me go' like that, because he wasn't willing to work on his problem, nor was I a convincing reason enough to even attempt to.
It's a combination of so many things, please explain more reasons why you broke up with her, right now it's going to be hard for a lot of people to digest that you, a human being, have decided to take the supposedly selfless route and let your swan go and find her true mate.

Are you quite insecure deep down inside (sorry to ask), but you don't trust that you are good enough for her, and maybe you don't think you ever will be. Man, if I found and amazing guy, I would thank God that he thought I was just as amazing. Sometimes it can be overwhelming though, to be loved like that.

Last question; have you told her everything about your past/games/conquests/life? Seems like maybe she might not know you're a bad boy, and maybe you've disguised it well throughout the relationship and have gotten worn out pretending. .
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by Tatase(f): 5:41am On Jan 13, 2009
I don't think breakups have to be mutual. Obviously it's a lot nicer if they are, but if it's over for one person, it's over.

I do think that OP should man-up and break up in person and explain why, especially after 3 years. It's not ok to do it by text. You do that with hook ups, not with someone you actually dated. That's just a really uncool and disrespectful thing to do.
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by topup: 5:50am On Jan 13, 2009
Busy_body:

I do believe this is not a made up story, but what pisses me off is that it is guys like you that would now decide you want to settle down a year or two later, despite the fact that you are saying now that you would not be ready in a million years time angry

Lol, the same guy who said 'sorry, I really care for you but I just don't think marriage is for me.' or 'I'm commitment phobic' HA!
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by oyinda3(f): 6:36am On Jan 13, 2009
it's easier if it's mutual but it doesn't have to be. Most of the time they're not undecided
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by Tonyet1(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2009
95% of everyone here is making me feel i am really guilty of something i know am not,

well, . . . . . . . . what else can i say

thanks though!
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by olanajim(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2009
@poster,
beyond the question you posted, I am sad to note that you are unfair to the lady. You are selfish too.

That there should be mutuality of agreement in seperation does not mean you should call off the affair because you entertain inferiority complex in your mind. The lady will definitely find it hard to understand you.

My question to you is that: did you comunicate the above reasons to her before you broke her heart? Or you are still compiling the reasons for your change of heart?
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by OfficeGirl(f): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2009
@ Postal, more often than not, breakups are not mutual.
But considering the number of years you two have been together,
it would be more gentle-manly of you to sit hear down and talk face-to-face
about it.

But, Wait a Minute, Y on earth would you want to end a relationship with a lady simply because of her weight gain? What made you so sure that the agbani-darego you're chasing after now wldn't turn orobo in the next 1 year or two?

Just send your lady to the Gym and stop this child's play!
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by seun42(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2009
in my opinion,

i feel u havent done wrong leaving her, but u would have not mentioned marriage to someone u never had in mind for. . . . .
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by coolfriday(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
@poster

My brother never pick that call if you don't want to be hypnotized.

I have one that i am planning the way and manner to off-load right now.

Not that i don't love her but the issue is that she puts me under undue pressure all in the name of we must get married.

She does not allow other guys because of what she claimed she really wanted and this kind of make me feel uncomfortable because i don't like things look too obvious.

I am so positive that the crazy love between us will sooner or later die a natural death.

I tell you when you start becoming inconsistent, she will leave.

If you will get married to someone, it will happen naturally, it can't be forced

Enjoy yourself as life is sweet for those who know how to live it

Cheers
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by OfficeGirl(f): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2009
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by sammyzacks(m): 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2009
when it comes to break ups, the sooner the better always.
but be sure you are breaking for the right reasons.
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by enytsua: 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2009
Its better to be mutual so that you can look at each others face instead of watching your backs wink wink wink
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by Eteri: 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2009
with the rate at which she bluffs the men out there all just for me Tony, i feel afraid, if i may really meet up as a husband, especially now i just got a good job and about to settle down as a simple and responsible bachelor, i know she will definitely want to wait for me, but then age and maturity aint on her side any more

Look at what Ladies face just becos u r now comfortable with a new job u now believe it time to break up and please define RESPONSIBLE angry
Guy, Dont lie to urself u've seen sum1 else.
meaning u r now comparing ur babe with the person.
Guilt shouldnt become u i just feel sorry for her.
How i wish she was cheating on u atleast it will make it easier for her. angry
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by JJYOU: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2009
@OP how would you love being dumped by text. that was calous and she probably doesnt deserve you. you said you are in your 20's. one of the lessons you learn as you get older is learning to be nice to people because you will always need some people far more than you know. life has a very cruel way of humbling people like you.

if you have the opportunity be nice and respectful to her. dont forget apart from your not being ready she was a freind and probably a good one at that.

this is one more reason i hate women giving their precious body away to people like you. you have conquered next one please
Re: Should Breakup Be A Mutual Agreement by tayoast(m): 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
Mutual break-up is kinda better- for each party to be happy thereafter.

u guys shd talk it thru and see reasons u can't be 2geda anymore!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will U Sleep With Another Man For 1 Million Naira When In A Serious Relationship / Ladies: What Do You Think Of Women Who Are Married To Handsome Men / Where Did U Meet Him/her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.