Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. (857 Views)

What Have The Yorubas Gained From Buhari's Administration / 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu / 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by quicyvictor(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
I wish to say that, this forum has really enlightened me
about the political landscape of Nigeria. Prior to joining a few months ago, I
was one of the undecided in the current political arrangement. However through
reading other people’s comments, I have been able to come to a reasonable
understanding of all the intrigues that characterise the political landscape.
Most of the people on this platform are either in support of APC or PDP; very
few were undecided like me. I have carefully
try to reason out both sides of the argument in order to make a
decision. I have observed that the people who support PDP are usually people
who like to support Any Government In Power (AGIP). Some of them were the likes
who sang the songs of IBB in his days, likewise Abacha. They believe governments
in power always find a way to hold on to power either by hook or crook, therefore
the wise thing to do is to be in the winning camp. Many of them cannot advance any logical
reason why they want the present government to continue other than religious and
tribal bigotry. Even when you try to reason with them they are unwilling because
they believe the present government don’t need the support of the people to retain
power. On the other hand I observe that those who support APC range from those
who are frustrated with the present government to those who believe in the past
antecedent of Buhari. There are also those who believe anything is better than
GEJ or rather we can’t have it worse than this. In my opinion I have become
convinced to lean towards this group not because I believe Buhari will make
Nigeria the best president ever. Nevertheless I believe a Buhari victory in the
polls will send a message to people elected into office that, they are
accountable to the electorate, especially when their tenure runs out and that, it
is only their performance that can justify re-election. I also believe it will also
correct the impression that these crops of pundits have about AGIP. Nigeria has
been bastardized by the likes of IBB & Abacha and this current generation
believes it is normal to praise sing non-performers. When the second republic was tending towards
this kind of politics Buhari scuttled it. To some he scuttled democracy, to
others he restored sanity to the shabby democracy that existed. It is the reason why he is seen as the desired CHANGE. I hope he wins not because he is the best but he represent the
beginning of the change Nigeria deserves. If the change doesn't bring about the desired change, we can change it in the next four years. What will want right now is anything better than GEJ, as GEJ can never be better than GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP, How much is a pack of Indomie ? Batholomew Owoh, the brother of Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) and 2 others were shot at firing squad on order of Buhari. Before you make decisions,be informed, because you were given birth to, in the Indomie generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by Almightyperes: 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
The fate awaiting Buhari brings to mind that of Mitt Romney who was so deceived into believing he would be elected America’s next president in 2012, he had only a victory speech on election night when he was roundly defeated.When the history of the 2015 presidential election is finally written, it will be recalled that the postponement of the election for six weeks was the final nail in the coffin of the APC.:-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
Almightyperes:
The fate awaiting Buhari brings to mind that of Mitt Romney who was so deceived into believing he would be elected America’s next president in 2012, he had only a victory speech on election night when he was roundly defeated.When the history of the 2015 presidential election is finally written, it will be recalled that the postponement of the election for six weeks was the final nail in the coffin of the APC.:-

The 6 weeks turned the table around, and exposed the unpreparedness and nepotism in INEC.

Now, with war on terror at aggressive rate and Buhari flying over the world talking to people who will not vote, we again, at PDP must congratulate GEJ for carrying on the commissioning of the power plants. We can see defections from e-APC to e-PDP. This is a sign of good tidings.
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by rusher14: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP, you have observed well and made a wise decision, one for which you must be commended.

Not many have the capacity to observe and analyse amidst the cacophony and syncopation the electorate finds itself.

No one is saying there's a miracle anywhere, far from it.

However, the idea is to find a leader who is a stickler for transparency, renowned for his anti-corruption stance as well a visionary who accepts contributions from his lieutenants and indeed the larger society.

One who is neither wasteful nor bashful.

We know in General Buhari we have found someone who fits the bill.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by quicyvictor(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
You just acted like one of them.
Great people in life don't just decide... they observe and decide
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by dazdilijae(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
You ve just shown how shallow you are, imaging the statement? If the change doesn't bring about the expected change, we can change it in the next four years. if you don't ve any future for your life I do, and I can not waste 2seconds of my future on uncertainty
A tree can never make a forest so if it is so True that Buhari is changed from (1) the lack of control that ended his military government when under his watch power was taken from him by IBB jus because Idiagbon travelled out of the country, and even after been hinted of a coup he could not retain power
(2) In PTF He relinquish his powers to a consultancy firm which was in control of the activities of the commission despite been appointed to head the agency by Abacha which lead to accusations of embezzlements and misappropriation
With the kind of people surrounding and sponsoring his renewed campaign we all know there can never b any progressive change because by their strides we shall know them Ameachi with a debt profile in Rivers state where 70% of the projects he started in his first term are either abandoned or comatose?
Tinubu who was acclaimed the biggest thief in the South- West? Elrufi who since he left PDP has not made any meaningful comtribution to National growth rather has being criticizing every thing the govt does and specks from both sides of his mouth, or is it Saraki, OBJ etc
Buhari can not make any change and we all know it at least not in this democratic atmosphere. the APC would thow him out the window immediately they win power using all their might in the NASS and others
Wake up from your fools dream Nigerians are wiser and are asking questions now not following blindly
Long Live Nigeria
Long Live GEJ
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
[s][s]
dazdilijae:
You ve just shown how shallow you are, imaging the statement? If the change doesn't bring about the expected change, we can change it in the next four years. if you don't ve any future for your life I do, and I can not waste 2seconds of my future on uncertainty
A tree can never make a forest so if it is so True that Buhari is changed from (1) the lack of control that ended his military government when under his watch power was taken from him by IBB jus because Idiagbon travelled out of the country, and even after been hinted of a coup he could not retain power
(2) In PTF He relinquish his powers to a consultancy firm which was in control of the activities of the commission despite been appointed to head the agency by Abacha which lead to accusations of embezzlements and misappropriation
With the kind of people surrounding and sponsoring his renewed campaign we all know there can never b any progressive change because by their strides we shall know them Ameachi with a debt profile in Rivers state where 70% of the projects he started in his first term are either abandoned or comatose?
Tinubu who was acclaimed the biggest thief in the South- West? Elrufi who since he left PDP has not made any meaningful comtribution to National growth rather has being criticizing every thing the govt does and specks from both sides of his mouth, or is it Saraki, OBJ etc
Buhari can not make any change and we all know it at least not in this democratic atmosphere. the APC would thow him out the window immediately they win power using all their might in the NASS and others
Wake up from your fools dream Nigerians are wiser and are asking questions now not following blindly
Long Live Nigeria
Long Live GEJ
[[/s]

Nonsense write-up

1 Like

Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by dazdilijae(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
Keneking:
[s][

Nonsense write-up
you should have at least disputed it if its a lie
senseless thug
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by medamillion(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP you made the right decision
Here are the achievemts of GMB

Here are some of General Buhari's numerous achievements while in office; for FREE

1. The wrestling of a major concession from OPEC in 1984 to increase Nigeria's oil production quota from 1.3 million barrels to 1.45 million barrels per day.

2. The initiation of a public campaign against indiscipline known as "War Against Indiscipline" (WAI). This policy won him national and universal applause, as a result of its effectiveness.

3. In order to reform the economy, as Head of State, Buhari started to rebuild the nation's social-political and economic systems, along the realities of Nigeria's austere economic conditions. The rebuilding included removing or cutting back the excesses in national expenditure, obliterate or remove completely corruption from the nation's social ethics, shifting from mainly public sector employment to self employment. Buhari also encouraged import substitution industrialisation based to a great extent on the use of local materials and he tightened importation.

4. General Buhari in 1984, was able to achieve 15 percent cut from Shagari's 1983 Budget.

5. The victory of Nigeria's Under-17 Team (the Golden Eagles) at the Kodak World Cup Soccer Competition in China in August, 1985.

6. Even as a Military Head of State, Buhari maintained and enhanced diplomatic relations with all countries and international organisations such as the OAU, UN, OPEC, ECOWAS and the Commonwealth of Nations. He also honoured all treaty obligations entered into by previous governments.

7. The freezing of accounts of political parties and corrupt ex-political office holders in the Second Republic in 1984.

8. The change of colour of the nation's currency notes (except the fifty kobo note) in April 1984 to stop currency trafficking. The exercise rendered almost half of the estimated N6 billion in circulation worthless at the expiration of the change.

9. The launching of the Expanded Immunization Programme (EPI) in May, 1984.

10. The wrestling of a major concession from OPEC in 1984 to increase Nigeria's oil production quota from 1.3 million barrels to 1.45 million barrels per day.

BONUS:

11. The introduction of a new Customs Tariff, which reduced the range of import duties from between zero and 500 per cent to between 5 per cent and 200 per cent.

12. The granting of import duty exemption to only twenty items including agricultural implements, air craft, fuels, lubricants, educational films, technical assistance materials etc.

13. The imposition of a levy on dormant companies

14.The rescheduling of the nation's short term trade debts valued at over =N=5 billion and the subsequent issuance of promissory notes to the uninsured creditors.

15. The procurement of new Air Buses by Nigeria Airways in 1985 to boost air transportation.

Note that all these were achieved in less than 3 years, and his outstanding achievements as PTF chairman have not been mentioned.

Sai Buhari 2015!
Re: 2015 Poll, What I Gained From Nairaland. by medamillion(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
dazdilijae:

you should have at least disputed it if its a lie
senseless thug
GMB's achievement as requested by OKUPE and your likes:

Here are some of General Buhari's numerous achievements while in office; for FREE

1. The wrestling of a major concession from OPEC in 1984 to increase Nigeria's oil production quota from 1.3 million barrels to 1.45 million barrels per day.

2. The initiation of a public campaign against indiscipline known as "War Against Indiscipline" (WAI). This policy won him national and universal applause, as a result of its effectiveness.

3. In order to reform the economy, as Head of State, Buhari started to rebuild the nation's social-political and economic systems, along the realities of Nigeria's austere economic conditions. The rebuilding included removing or cutting back the excesses in national expenditure, obliterate or remove completely corruption from the nation's social ethics, shifting from mainly public sector employment to self employment. Buhari also encouraged import substitution industrialisation based to a great extent on the use of local materials and he tightened importation.

4. General Buhari in 1984, was able to achieve 15 percent cut from Shagari's 1983 Budget.

5. The victory of Nigeria's Under-17 Team (the Golden Eagles) at the Kodak World Cup Soccer Competition in China in August, 1985.

6. Even as a Military Head of State, Buhari maintained and enhanced diplomatic relations with all countries and international organisations such as the OAU, UN, OPEC, ECOWAS and the Commonwealth of Nations. He also honoured all treaty obligations entered into by previous governments.

7. The freezing of accounts of political parties and corrupt ex-political office holders in the Second Republic in 1984.

8. The change of colour of the nation's currency notes (except the fifty kobo note) in April 1984 to stop currency trafficking. The exercise rendered almost half of the estimated N6 billion in circulation worthless at the expiration of the change.

9. The launching of the Expanded Immunization Programme (EPI) in May, 1984.

10. The wrestling of a major concession from OPEC in 1984 to increase Nigeria's oil production quota from 1.3 million barrels to 1.45 million barrels per day.

BONUS:

11. The introduction of a new Customs Tariff, which reduced the range of import duties from between zero and 500 per cent to between 5 per cent and 200 per cent.

12. The granting of import duty exemption to only twenty items including agricultural implements, air craft, fuels, lubricants, educational films, technical assistance materials etc.

13. The imposition of a levy on dormant companies

14.The rescheduling of the nation's short term trade debts valued at over =N=5 billion and the subsequent issuance of promissory notes to the uninsured creditors.

15. The procurement of new Air Buses by Nigeria Airways in 1985 to boost air transportation.

Note that all these were achieved in less than 3 years, and his outstanding achievements as PTF chairman have not been mentioned.

Sai Buhari 2015!

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigerian Government Suppressing The Truth? / Hilarious Pics Of #babawhileyouweregone Trend / Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.