Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators (45688 Views)

Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2 / I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega / INEC Denies Jega's Terminal Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by blackandbold: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Akpan107:
1 Billion of you will never stop Jega from going... It seems you guys planed something with him.

Keep calm and watch as event unfold!
If I ask u now...why wud jega go..what exactly is his offence. .just give me a credible reason,, just one abeg..

1 Like

Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Akpan107(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
FastShipping:

Jega is not a civil servant that can be asked to go on leave. Jega has a tenure and his tenure ends on June 30th. INEC is an independent body that is funded by donation from democratic bodies mostly in Europe.
The question is, do INEC chairman go on leave? If yes, Jega has no option than to go as others!
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
anigbajumo:
Av seen wat u av done buh uno need 2do dat,Dnt quote me next tyme if u ar nt sure of yar self...Thumb up Nigga!
IT IS SOOO GLARING THAT YOU KNOW TOO WELL THAT WITHOUT RIGGING AND MANIPULATION OF THIS ELECTION YOU GEJ IS ON HIS WAY BACK TO OTUEKE. HOLD YOUR BREATH MY DEAR JEGA IS GOING NO WHERE POWER OF THE VOICE OF COMMON NIGERIANS SUPERSEDE YOUR YEYE PDP POWER. #OLISHIPOWER #YEYEPOWER #POWERLESS POWER

1 Like

Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
sosanova:
Maurice Iwu also went on Terminal leave
Jega must go on Terminal leave
Sai Jona
Sai PDP
Teaching APC how politics is played
Jega going going going....GONE
PDP...Power
PDP....Power

IT IS SOOO GLARING THAT YOU KNOW TOO WELL THAT WITHOUT RIGGING AND MANIPULATION OF THIS ELECTION YOU GEJ IS ON HIS WAY BACK TO OTUEKE. HOLD YOUR BREATH MY DEAR JEGA IS GOING NO WHERE POWER OF THE VOICE OF COMMON NIGERIANS SUPERSEDE YOUR YEYE PDP POWER. #OLISHIPOWER #YEYEPOWER #POWERLESS POWER
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by cashkid: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
osebe:
what he wrote made a whole lot of sense ok.Maybe you are not intellectualy endowed enough to understand like Your Presidential aspirant Buhari.Pls whatever u don't understand ask us GEJites we wld gladly explain.

Gejites indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. What do u expect me to ask u with this ur level of intellect? Did u just say if am not intellectually endowed like Buhari. Are u saying ur pHD clutching numbskull is intellectually sound? We dont need to ask u anything cos u have provided the answer to everything with this ur post cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by chinnael(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
stepo707:
But i learnt Jega said he wont go on terminal leave.nawao
that's politics for you
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by anigbajumo(m): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
verakooler:

Am 4 Buahri nt GEJ,check my comment on d frnt page........
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Caveatemptor(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
The way I see it,Mr Jonathan is so desperate to cling to power that is is ready to plunge Nigeria down the valley of sorrow and gnashing of teeth ala Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'Ivoire.
We need to get ready because Nigeria has a serious battle on her hands to ease this bull out of the china shop. But we must fight this battle,if not for ourselves,for our children and their children.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by anibestlala(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=olokfor post=31106702][/quote]distinguished Apc Senators should be more objective and not sentimental. the crux of the matter is if Jega is due for his pre retirement terminal leave.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Kimikazi2: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
tit:

how is Jiga going on retirement leave equivalent to rigging the election?
will he be there forever?
It looks like you ahve a secret plan with Jiga.

Sorry,
you plans have been exposed.
Pdp arrangement tinz, remember Sanusi Lamido's case too
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by sleemfesh: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
alaoeri:

Can a sound & fit referee be change in the middle of a match?

INEC not Jega, is the referee.
No one is changing INEC. it is an institution.
You guys should get that into your palm kernel skulls.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by alaoeri: 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
sleemfesh:

INEC not Jega, is the referee.
No one is changing INEC. it is an institution.
You guys should get that into your palm kernel skulls.
See this dingbat, what did u expect the next chairman to do in less than 3weeks. Ode tongue
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by agabaI23(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
cyril83:

Gather your fact right and stop comparing independent body to dependent, a president of a country has no sole power to remove inec chairman but has every power to sack any of his ministers. Maurice iwu decision was made on the floor of senate not president order.

Read and then lets talk

onathan sacks Iwu
WEDNESDAY, 28 APRIL 2010 20:09 HORATIUS EGUA
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

At last, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan sacked Maurice Iwu, the controversial chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Iwu has been directed to proceed on pre-disengagement leave immediately.
The INEC boss whose tenure expires on June 13, 2010 has been been directed to hand over to the most senior national commissioner, who shall oversee the activities of the commission pending the appointment of a substantive chairman.

Ima Niboro, senior special assistant on media and publicity said in a statement last night that the sacking of Iwu is in accordance with Section 155(1) (c) of the disengagement procedure of INEC officials.

“The Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, has directed the Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Maurice Iwu, to proceed on pre- disengagement leave with immediate effect,” he said.

“The Acting President’s directive is in consonance with Section 155(1) (c), which stipulates that the Chairman and members of the Independent Electoral Commission shall hold office for a period of five years,” Niboro stated further

“The Acting President thanked the out going Chairman of INEC for his service to the nation and wished him success in his future endeavours,” he said in the statement.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10561:jonathan-sacks-iwu&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

https://www.nairaland.com/438463/jonathan-sacks-iwu
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Cypost: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
tit:

how is Jiga going on retirement leave equivalent to rigging the election?
will he be there forever?
It looks like you ahve a secret plan with Jiga.

Sorry,
you plans have been exposed.
It is just fair that if Jega hv laboured for abt 4 years now to prepare 4 this election he shold be allowed to execute it. Be fair to him and ur self. Be just too even while politicking.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by yetunsbay(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
sosanova:
Sai Jona
Sai PDP
PDP...Power
PDP....Power
by awkward way rite?
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by apriko(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
U said match not election.....

Can a sound & fit referee be change in the middle of a match?[/quote]
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Yeah, at last it would make way for GEJ to become the next president.

JEGA should start thinking of how to join buhari cow business.

General muhammed okechukwu temitope buhari sons limited- dealers in all kinds of cows

GEJ till buhari starts exporting his cows to USA

Your moniker says it all, no need to add anything more
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
sosanova:
Sai Jona
Sai PDP
PDP...Power
PDP....Power

grin grin grin See those who say they are in charge and will be re-elected with a landslide.
They have to resort to under the table deals to steal elections, this is really hilarious.

After over 5 years in office their principal is even more clueless than when he started. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Upon the 6 weeks lifeline, ground still no level for PDP grin grin
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
Samunique:
Stop ranting, is it PDP that's sending him on leave or civil rule of service which is a normal procedure ?

So many dummies here just like their Oga mumuJona, so they told you INEC Chairmanship is a civil service position, o ma se o!
The witches from your village that pursued your father has now commenced on your case
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Asiri1991: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Provided it is in accordance with the law. Jega is not the only person that can chair INEC.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by arusoncd(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Remove Jega put Mbu in Inec
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kennywills7:

U are d one being senseless here cos wot i said is d truth
was d man before jega ask to go on terminal leave or not mr wise man

You this people from a useless culture where ordinary stealing is allowed, where the strong is hailed while oppressing the weak will not have your way in Nigeria. We thought you've been cultured enough to run a complex entity like Nigeria but Jona has proven that you are incapable of running common caves successfully. Another 100 years will pass before any of you will get near that seat while you undergo proper acculturation on how to behave in a multi-cultural setting
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Kingyellew(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
Two different situation here: trying to remove the INEC boss does not convey the same meaning with sending him on terminal leave which he is entitled , as observed by the constitution. Thus: does not require two third mejority of the national assembly. You have to know that this terminal leave is for the betterment and benefit of Jega, because whether Jega or whosoever is there GEJ shall emerge victorious, nd the whole north must exterminate Jega for failing their candidiate because APC is a northern agenda.... Jega go your leave, Inec boss go your leave ooOOOOO!!!
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
Eluwilussit:
The day APC, Buhari and supporters accepted the postponement, was the day the tide turned. That was a political master stroke by PDP and GEJ's handlers. A game changer.

Just like the case of SLS, Jega will proceed on his terminal leave voluntarily and a new, fresh and "unbiased" umpire will assume his place and deliver a "fair and free" elections.

APC and Buhari are simply naive. They think you win elections in Nigeria by the number of likes for every sai Buhari on Nairaland. Poor souls.
Politricks 101: Never underestimate your opponent's abilities.
102: Never overestimate your own abilities.
103: Never overestimate your opponent's weaknesses.
104: Never underestimate your own weaknesses.

I hope it is not too late for APC, Buhari and co-travellers.

Our educational system has been programmed to fails and above are the unfortunate products. It beats one hollow that normal humans even un-schooled will gleefully advocate and hail illegal brinkmanship by a government in power as deft political move. They will be the ones to bear the brunt when things go awry.
Even some animal communities have set of rules that every member adheres to by instinct, whither these humans operating at a level below some wild beast.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Kennywills7(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ovamboland:

You this people from a useless culture where ordinary stealing is allowed, where the strong is hailed while oppressing the weak will not have your way in Nigeria. We thought you've been cultured enough to run a complex entity like Nigeria but Jona has proven that you are incapable of running common caves successfully. Another 100 years will pass before any of you will get near that seat while you undergo proper acculturation on how to behave in a multi-cultural setting
I have never insulted anyone here but u are blinded by hate and tribalism will definitely put u where u deserve to b, if u are thinking that u are better than me then u are dreaming and needs to wake up,
Jonathan has done more than any other president we hv had in dis country and this is back up by verifiable facts, if u think everyone oppress people like u then u are living in a different planet and has business being here on nairaland
I wonder wot makes u think u are better than any one?
people like u are d reason y we are not moving forward as a country
Hatred has made u go blind
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Gudsyd(f): 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=alaoeri post=31107100]
Can a sound & fit referee be change in the middle of a match?[/quot. is jega the sound referee?,he should go on retirement and give space for others
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by sleemfesh: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
alaoeri:

See this dingbat, what did u expect the next chairman to do in less than 3weeks. Ode tongue
You still don't get it slowpoke.
An institution has a process and it continues after the head departs. Are you so stupid you can't understand? Nigeria continues even if Jonathan drops dead today not to talk of a smaller INEC. umu ewu.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by alaoeri: 11:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
sleemfesh:

You still don't get it slowpoke.
An institution has a process and it continues after the head departs. Are you so stupid you can't understand? Nigeria continues even if Jonathan drops dead today not to talk of a smaller INEC. umu ewu.
Nitwit Jega will conduct & announce the result of this election after that he will bow out in June deal with it or relocate to sambisa.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by sleemfesh: 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
alaoeri:

Nitwit Jega will conduct & announce the result of this election after that he will bow out in June deal with it or relocate to sambisa.
Don't drink eat poison if eventually he marches on and out. Foolish people who can't use their ordinary thinking faculty, only waiting to be fed poison by parties who end up stealing them blind no matter the name they go by. Grow a brain.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Eluwilussit(m): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ovamboland:

Our educational system has been programmed to fails and above are the unfortunate products. It beats one hollow that normal humans even un-schooled will gleefully advocate and hail illegal brinkmanship by a government in power as deft political move. They will be the ones to bear the brunt when things go awry.
Even some animal communities have set of rules that every member adheres to by instinct, whither these humans operating at a level below some wild beast.

Of all my posts, I am surprised that you chose the most neutral to castigate me for.What did I say that isn't true? Please, tell me which part of that post that is stupid enough to warrant your vituperative comments.

Don't assume that everyone on Nairaland is at the same level with you. Even if nigeria burns down today, I won't lose nothing. If you don't know the rules of warfare, those are basically rephrased versions.

Go back and read that particular post. Those things I put in quotes were supposed to be ironical. I wrote that post from a position of disinterest. All I was saying is that PDP will rig the elections and will remove Jega and nothing will happen.

If you want to pretend that Jega can't go on compulsory terminal leave and the elections rigged, you better think again. I am only stating what every Nigerian knows.

As per the rules of politricks, you better pay attention to them. There's truth in there. If you think, that the postponement was not a master stroke by PDP, ask Buhari and APC. Jonathan and PDP, constitutionally bought themselves 6 extra weeks to perfect their plot. Time and timing are priceless in warfare as well as politics.
Re: Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators by Ovamboland(m): 12:08am On Feb 27, 2015
Sajio:
... why didn't u ask same question wen Morris iwu went on termina live. which Jega took over? was it not about this tym Jega resumed office? well na only shout APC go shout.. while Gej plays the game.

And can you name the elections that Maurice was preparing for in 2010 a few weeks before he was removed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Being My Cameraman Not Enough To Make You Governor — Fashola Tells Jandor / Dimeji Bankole Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Smiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.