Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Obama's Governor Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Governor Impeached (896 Views)

Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe / Taraba State Deputy Governor Impeached / Bauchi Deputy Governor Impeached - While Meeting Yar’adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Governor Impeached by palmwine(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2009
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois House voted overwhelmingly Friday to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich, an unprecedented action that sets up a Senate trial on whether he should be thrown out for abuse of power, including allegations that he tried to sell President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Impeachment required just 60 votes. The final result was 114-1.

Legislators accused the second-term Democratic governor of letting down the people of Illinois by letting ego and ambition drive his decisions.

"The citizens of this state must have confidence that their governor will faithfully serve the people and put their interests before his own," the committee's report said. "It is with profound regret that the committee finds that our current governor has not done so."

THE GUY NEVER EVEN COLLECT THE MONEY, I TRUST NAIJA, THIS KIND TIN NO FIT HAPPEN. cheesy

Your opinion pls

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090109/ap_on_re_us/illinois_governor
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by panafrican(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2009
palmwine:

Obama's Governor Impeached

No !!!
illinois' governor impeached.
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by SeanT21(f): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2009
Its about time!!
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2009
good riddance! a big embarrasment to the democrats.

Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2009
cool
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by lacrimose(f): 12:33am On Jan 11, 2009
Obama has nothing to do with Illinois governor so please edit the title of ur topic

It should read

Illinois governor impeached
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by palmwine(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2009
He was a Senator from his state. IT was his(OBAMA's) seat that was put up for SALE.

I know u love Obama, i love him too. cool
Re: Obama's Governor Impeached by Princeojua(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hahaha. When i hear this torry haha i swear i know fit laugh. That country want fall for miners pite

(1) (Reply)

Youths Physically Attack And Sack Monarch, Elders From Town / . / Hourly Payment Should Be Introduced In Nigeria Civil Service For Efficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.