Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us (808 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: Stop Disgracing Yourselves – Joe Igbokwe Blasts Igbo People / Please Buhari And Family Should Stop Disgracing Us. / Aisha Buhari. Stop Disgracing Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by Abosi31(m): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
While the APC’s presidential candidate, Gen. Buhari gave his speech in Chatam House yesterday, we all saw live news and photographs of people demonstrating outside the building in London. These people, if I might try to be certain, are Nigerians who live in London, or just other people of African origin who posed as Nigerians to carry out the protests. But I want to believe they are Nigerians.

The funny thing is that, when these ones were asked why they were protesting by a reporter, they all evaded the question. One even said, “I am not prepared for this interview, all I know is we don’t want Buhari.”

Really?

Another was asked why he preferred Jonathan to return as the president and he blatantly said he does not know. From his body language in the video, it was clear he was clueless about the persons running for the position of the presidential candidate in his country.

In my university, as the elections were building up, it became a norm for someone to call my mobile and say: “Abosi, there’s a party rally in Liberation Stadium on Monday, will you be available? The fee is five thousand naira each for every person.” Students are paid to attend political rallies, exposing them to violence and corruption and taking away their innocence. In Nigeria, youths are paid to protest over what they know almost nothing about, and at the end, when there is a crackdown or crisis, they end up losing their lives for mere change.

The thing that baffles me is that, even our Nigerian brothers and sisters who live outside the country (in the U.K of all places), also let themselves to be used by politicians and what not.For all I know they are supposed to be mature and all of that, having stayed in such advanced countries. I am not sure those demonstrators I saw in the video are Nigerians anyways, but even if they are not, they are our fellow Africans.

Why are they disgracing us outside? The elections will be over in a few, and then everyone will rest again, but the videos which showed our people falling our hands will never be deleted. The parents, friends, and children of those protesters will watch that video in the closest future, then they will know that they did not only disgrace Nigeria, or Africa, but they also disgraced themselves.
source: http://www.escapedmydiary..com/2015/02/nigerians-in-diaspora-stop-disgracing-us.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by midolian(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
LOL...BETTER PUT "STARVING NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA".

I am sure some of those mofos ll end up bn deported.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by Abosi31(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
midolian:
LOL...BETTER PUT "STARVING NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA".

I am sure some of those mofos ll end up bn deported.

LOL!! 'Starving' is ideal
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by deskossy(m): 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
nobody's disgracing naija. Everybody has d right to protest whether financial reasons or otherwise. ..
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by kestolove95(m): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pdp dat coursed it...why send ur supporters to go nd boo apc flag bearer

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by egift(m): 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
From that video the organizers just wanted them to show up, hold placards, flex and go. They were not prepared to speak. It was just a big disgrace.

This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by iwezor1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Frankly writting y reading this thread I nearly wept 4 my country cry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Stop Disgracing Us by Abosi31(m): 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Pdp dat coursed it...why send ur supporters to go nd boo apc flag bearer

You have no proof PDP paid those protesters, and even if it's so, the protesters had a choice whether to do the bidding or not.

(1) (Reply)

Lady That Organized Anti-Buhari Protests Exposed / Issue About Dressing, President Jonathan & Rest Of President / BREAKING NEWS!... The Emir Of Gusau Is Dead,he Died At The Age Of 91

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.