Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,347 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari (473 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari by Adenugay(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
[img]http://www..com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/There-won%E2%80%99t-be-amnesty-for-Boko-Haram-%E2%80%93-Buhari-300x188.jpg[/img]

There won’t be amnesty for Boko Haram – Buhari

While delivering his speech to the world at the Chatham House, Buhari said he would not grant amnesty to the Boko Haram terrorist if elected President on March 28.

The arm and damage Boko Haram has done to the lives and property of Nigerians are enormous. They have killed over 13, 000 people since 2009.

He said, “I think I will not go to that office with that promise. I have said in my address how, at least 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by Boko Haram, how millions of them have been displaced and are now kept in different camps called Internally Displaced Persons camps.

“Schools have been burnt, there is so much disruption to normal life; people cannot farm and where they are able to farm, they cannot harvest. So, granting amnesty to Boko Haram will be unfair to the system.”

Buhari, who described himself as “a former military ruler and a converted democrat,” however stated that any insurgent caught would “be given the chance in civil courts to be properly prosecuted.”

He added, “We will secure Nigeria. At no other time in our history has Nigeria been this insecure. Boko Haram has sadly put Nigeria on the terrorism map, killing more than 13,000 of our nationals, displacing millions internally and externally, and at a time holding on to portions of our territory the size of Belgium. What has been consistently lacking is the required leadership in our battle against insurgency.”

He accused the current administration of allowing Boko Haram to operate with ease by failing to provide what he described as “a multi-dimensional response” to its activities.

“In the matter of this insurgency, our soldiers have neither received the necessary support nor the required incentives to tackle this problem,” the former Head of State said.

Asked how he planned to tackle the violent sect if elected President, Buhari said his government would “pay special attention to the welfare of our soldiers in and out of service, give the military adequate modern arms and ammunition and improve intelligence gathering to choke its financial and equipment channels.”

Read more>>> http://www.justyouchat.com/there-wont-be-amnesty-for-boko-haram/
Re: There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari by CHM11: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Buhari will simply tell them to stop and go underground until another christian non-northerner gets to abuja...
Re: There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari by queensmith: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
CHM11:
Buhari will simply tell them to stop and go underground until another christian non-northerner gets to abuja...

Buhari will be at the forefront of blasting the insurgents into oblivion!

I can see from his face that he's not to be played with!
Re: There Won’t Be Amnesty For Boko Haram – Buhari by macpetrus(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yea... No amnesty I understand.
You Just have to tell them to keep low. Becos to you: Attack on Bokoharam is attack to the North!!!

(1) (Reply)

Seven Energy Wins African Petroleum Indigenous Firm Of The Year Award / Fuel Queues Confirm Jonathan’s Deceit / Gej Meet With Lagos Youths, Urge Them To Make Use Of The Chances In His Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.