Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

11 Signs Of A False Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Signs Of A False Pastor (860 Views)

Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? / Signs Of The End Times / 11 Signs Of A Monster Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Signs Of A False Pastor by lolaxavier(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
False pastors have little regard for the sheep (or the Chief Shepherd for that matter). Instead, their first priority is self, masked by other agendas. Such pastors may use pressure tactics, political maneuvering, and/or persuasive speech in order to manipulate a congregation into acting on their behalf.

When they don't get their way, false pastors usually 1) move on to another church, 2) cause a stir in their current church and/or 3) blame the congregation for not following their lead. Simply put, monster pastors are building their own kingdom rather than Christ's kingdom.

As a general rule, monster pastors:

1. Are always right and never wrong.

2. Cannot accept criticism without becoming defensive.

3. Are not willing to share the pulpit.

4. Do not support other ministries.

5. Overly use the personal pronoun, "I."

6. Resist accountability.

7. Feels threatened by former pastors.

8. Surround themselves with "yes men" rather than edifying leaders.

9. Do not entrust ministry to other leaders.

10. Undermine programs that they cannot control.

11. Insist that everything in the church run through them.

Excerpt from http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/48481-11-signs-of-a-monster-pastor. Go to link to read more.
Re: 11 Signs Of A False Pastor by lolaxavier(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
I guess people will find it hard to comment because their pastors probably portray some of these features...Who are they to judge? Isn't that the excuse these days?

1 Like

Re: 11 Signs Of A False Pastor by bishop0608: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
I do not like the use of the word 'Monster' in your write up.However you are entitled to your opinion.There are wolves in sheep's clothing in virtually every sphere of human endevour.There fakes and pretenders but fake means there are also original .Also it is important to note that the hood does not make the monk.However In spiritual maters it is always advisable to seek God's opinion through the help of the holy spirit.May God help us.
Re: 11 Signs Of A False Pastor by lolaxavier(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
bishop0608:
I do not like the use of the word 'Monster' in your write up.However you are entitled to your opinion.There are wolves in sheep's clothing in virtually every sphere of human endevour.There fakes and pretenders but fake means there are also original .Also it is important to note that the hood does not make the monk.However In spiritual maters it is always advisable to seek God's opinion through the help of the holy spirit.May God help us.

The write up is an excerpt from a piece. For the purpose of digest, i have modified the word 'monster' to 'false'. Hope this helps.
Re: 11 Signs Of A False Pastor by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
there's nothing like monster or fake pastor. as far as people are being saved, no problem.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Indeed: See How Osinbajo Neglected His Father, Mother And Family(photo) / How Do I Live A Holy Life? / MFM Member Says Her Clothes Are Safer With Hausa Muslim Man Than The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.