Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is Jesus Coming Back? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Coming Back? (1045 Views)

The Sign Of Jesus Coming, And Of The End Of The World! / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: / Jesus Coming Back To Destroy The Destroyers Of The Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Coming Back? by 9japple(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2009
If he is, what time would he come back?
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by elctroguru(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2009
21:00 Nigerian Time +1 GMT
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by sammyzacks(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2009
He is.
Very soon!
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by kolaoloye(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2009
9japple:

If he is, what time would he come back?
The exact day and hour was revealed to none but the signs that the bible spoke (about His second coming) are already manifesting.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by huxley(m): 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2009
kola oloye:

The exact day and hour was revealed to none but the signs that the bible spoke (about His second coming) are already manifesting.

What are the signs?
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by kolaoloye(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2009
huxley:

What are the signs?
Matthew 24
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another,
   that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be?
   and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7[b] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places[/b].

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12[b] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [/b] 

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by bindex(m): 9:11am On Jan 23, 2009
@Kola oloye

Here is the rest of the verse

Mat 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' [fn] spoken of through the prophet Daniel-let the reader understand-

Mat 24:16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Mat 24:17 Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house.

Mat 24:18 Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak.

Mat 24:19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!

Mat 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Mat 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now-and never to be equaled again.

Mat 24:22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Mat 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

Mat 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible.

Mat 24:25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Mat 24:26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mat 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Mat 24:28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' [fn]

Mat 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Mat 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mat 24:32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

Mat 24:33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it [fn]is near, right at the door.

Mat 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

It seems that Jesus cleary does not know what he was saying. There are so many places where Jesus particularly told people that they will see him come from the clouds in his kingdom in other verses and those predictions are all a giant Fail. People always forget why the bible was written and what the authors had in mind, most of them taught that the legend that is Jesus was going to come during their life time or generation that was why they included all those lines and predictions.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Janssen: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Janssen: 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2009
I beleive this will answer your questions exhaustively
http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read/r00136.html
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by CrudeOil2(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
Jesus is not coming back to this earth. According to the some christians, he died 2000 years ago. He promised his dsciples he would be coming back soon(2000 years ago). But for the past 1999 years, nobody has heard a word from him. the disciples he promised are no longer alive to say the exact time he promised them.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by FBS: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2009
Yes he is.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2009
If he existed the dude is dead, and the dead don't bite smiley
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by georgecso(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2009
Rebuilding the Temple
The New Temple and the Second Coming: The Prophecy That Points to Christ's Return in Your Generation
By Grant R. Jeffrey, Ph.D.

Jewish authorities are making preparations to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. They have recovered lost artifacts from the ancient Temple and have recreated sacred vessels used in worship. The new Sanhedrin, reconvened in Israel, is training Levite priests to reinstitute animal sacrifice. Temple worship and sacrifice are prophesied events that will set the stage for Christ's return. Prophecy expert Grant R. Jeffrey has uncovered not only the prophecies, but also an array of archaeological finds and discoveries from the ancient city hidden beneath Jerusalem. His research leads to a stunning conclusion: the generation alive today will witness the Second Coming. In Jeffrey's new book, readers will examine little-known end-times mysteries, including:
The search for lost Temple treasures
The discovery of underground Jerusalem
The process of recreating sacred Temple vessels
Unexpected clues revealed in the Copper Scroll and the Ezekiel Tablets
The latest plans for rebuilding the Temple
The Temple and the Second Coming shows readers how the rebuilding of the Temple will prepare the way for Christ to return-in our generation.The Countdown to Christ's Return Watchman, what of the night?
Watchman, what of the night?
The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come. Isaiah 21:11-12 Almost two thousand years ago, after nearly two years of terrible siege, the brutally efficient legions of Rome destroyed Jerusalem and burned the Temple to the ground. Led by General Titus, the son of Emperor Vespasian, the Roman army completed its mission of destruction on the ninth day of Av (August) in AD 70. The glorious Temple, built by King Herod, was the second of the sacred Temples to stand on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The First Temple had been built by King Solomon around 1000 BC and was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 BC. The Second Temple, built initially by the Jews after their return to Jerusalem in 536 BC following the Babylonian captivity and then expanded by Herod in the first century, remains in ruins today. However, exciting developments are taking place in Israel that will result in a Third Temple being built on the ancient foundations that Solomon put in place more than three thousand years ago. You and I are part of the generation that will live to see a Temple of God once again stand in Jerusalem, the spiritual crossroads of the world. The rebuilding of the Temple holds profound prophetic significance, equal to the appearance of the Antichrist or the forming of the pagan armies to invade Israel in the coming War of Gog and Magog. While many students of biblical prophecy have debated the role that will be played by the Third Temple in end-times developments, the Scriptures make it clear that just before Christ returns, the Third Temple of God must stand again on the original location on the Temple Mount. Preparations to rebuild the Temple have progressed on several fronts, with plans already in place that go into far greater detail than most people are aware of. The Temple project is yet another major prophetic signpost on the time line leading to the final conflict of the battle of Armageddon and the establishment of the kingdom of God. No less a prophet than Jesus Christ made it clear that the generation that witnessed the return of the Jews to the Promised Land would live to see Him return to earth. The modern State of Israel was born in 1948, which means that you and I are part of the last-days generation (see Matthew 24:32-34). However, the Temple must once again occupy its place on the Temple Mount before the major prophesied events of the last days can take place. Many scholars have questioned whether the Temple will ever be rebuilt because of the immense practical, religious, and political obstacles that stand in the way. Mosques, shrines, and other Muslim holy sites occupy the Temple Mount, a thirty-five acre site that is under the administrative control of Arab authorities. Since the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel has controlled the entire city of Jerusalem, including the Temple Mount. However, Israel allows the Supreme Muslim Religious Council (the Waqf ) to control religious activities and to police (without firearms) all activities on the Temple Mount. This area is the location of the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Religious Jews do not worship in the area of the Dome of the Rock because the chief rabbis warn they might inadvertently trespass on the site of the ancient Holy of Holies. Muslim control of the Temple Mount fulfills the prophecy of Luke 21:24, that "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." In addition to the political and religious tensions that stand in the way of rebuilding the Temple, a longstanding and seemingly unsolvable dilemma from within Judaism has presented a major obstacle. The Jews cannot rebuild the Temple or resume worship in the Temple unless the long-dormant Sanhedrin Court, the highest body of Jewish lawmakers, is reconvened. This is necessary in order to reestablish the Levitical priesthood. The Sanhedrin is the only religious body authorized to determine the correct location of the Temple, to reinstitute the ancient rituals, and to oversee the many details related to Temple ritual and worship. One of Jesus' prophecies indicates that the Sanhedrin will indeed be fulfilling its duties in the last days. Christ warned His disciples about the coming persecution in Jerusalem during the Tribulation. He told them to pray that their flight from the city would not be "on the sabbath day" (Matthew 24:20). The reason for this is the commandment against performing work on the sabbath (see Exodus 20:8-10). The ancient Sanhedrin had determined that any travel on the sabbath that exceeded one thousand paces was considered work. However, if an invasion force should attack on the sabbath and the Jews in Jerusalem limited their travel to one thousand paces, it could ensure their destruction. Christ's prophecy implies that the Sanhedrin will exist in the last days and will have the authority to enforce such a religious rule. The historian Flavius Josephus calculated the distance from the Temple Mount to the Mount of Olives, known popularly as "the sabbath's day journey," as approximately one thousand yards. Interestingly, the gospel historian Luke wrote in the book of Acts that the distance from the Mount of Olives to the Temple Mount is approximately a thousand paces, a "sabbath's day journey" (1:12).
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2009
Unbelievers and their funny perspectives.You better repent,at least play safe.It won't do no harm.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by MrCrackles(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2009
Coming back to do what again?
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by kolaoloye(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Coming back to do what again?

John 14
1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye may be also.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2009
Jesus?? LOL, the dude was high 90% of the time, all that floating on a cloud babble, the dude actually thought he was some kind of SUPERDUPERNATURAL being grin

I know this, I USED TO SM0KE WITH HIM. Shoot, I'm smoking to his memory right now, that was my dude!!!!!! grin
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by promise2(f): 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2009
Bible Question: I was reading Matthew 24 and Jesus talks about "this generation" not passing away until His prophecies were fulfilled. Can you help me understand what He meant by this? Thanks.

Bible Answer: The phrase "this generation" occurs in Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30 and Luke 21:32.

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (NASB) Matt. 24:34

There are three possible meanings for the phrase "this generation." In order to answer this question, we need to first understand the context. This section of scripture is Jesus' last major sermon in the book of Matthew. It is called the Olivet Discourse. The "sermon" starts by Jesus asking His disciples a question, and then He makes a statement about the temple.

And Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He answered and said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here shall be left upon another, which will not be torn down."
(NASB) Matt. 24:1-2

His disciples respond by asking Him a three part question,

And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" (NASB) Matt. 24:3

Jesus proceeds to answer their question. The key to understanding verse 34 is to understand His message. The message is also given in Mark and Luke with some additional details. If we combine all of the information together we have a more complete understanding of His sermon.

GOT FROM http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read/r00136.html
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by promise2(f): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2009
Event Matthew 24 Mark 13 Luke 21
Signs of the End v. 4-14
Jesus describes the signs of the end.
The gospel will be preached in the whole world.

v. 5-13
Jesus describes the signs of the end. v. 8-19
Tribulation of Daniel the Prophet v. 15-20
Abomination of Desolation comes.
Flee for safety.

v. 14-18
Flee for safety.

Jerusalem Destroyed v. 20-24
Jerusalem to be destroyed and to be occupied until the times of the Gentiles are complete.
Great Tribulation v. 21-26
Great Tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world. v. 19-23
Time of tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation.

2nd Coming of Jesus & Judgment v. 27-31
After the tribulation.
Celestial wonders occur.
Son of Man comes in the clouds.
Judgment time.

v. 24-27
After the tribulation.
Celestial wonders occur.
Judgment time.

v. 25-27

Celestial wonders occur.
Parable v. 32-41

When you see all these things, Jesus is "at the door."
This generation will not pass away until all these things take place. v. 28-32

This generation will not pass away until all these things take place. v. 28-33
Redemption is near.
When you see all these things, the Kingdom of God is near.
This generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

GOT FROM http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read/r001361.html
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by promise2(f): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2009
Event Matthew 24 Mark 13 Luke 21  
Signs of the End v. 4-14
The gospel will be preached in the whole world.

v. 5-13
Jesus describes the signs of the end. v. 8-19
Tribulation of Daniel the Prophet v. 15-20
Flee for safety.

v. 14-18
Flee for safety.

Jerusalem Destroyed     v. 20-24
Jerusalem to be destroyed and to be occupied until the times of the Gentiles are complete.  
Great Tribulation v. 21-26
Great Tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world. v. 19-23
Time of tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation.

2nd Coming of Jesus & Judgment v. 27-31
After the tribulation.
Celestial wonders occur.
Judgment time.

v. 24-27
After the tribulation.
Celestial wonders occur.
Judgment time.

v. 25-27

Celestial wonders occur.
Parable v. 32-41

This generation will not pass away until all these things take place. v. 28-32

This generation will not pass away until all these things take place. v. 28-33
Redemption is near.
When you see all these things, the Kingdom of God is near.
This generation will not pass away until all these things take place.  

GOT FROM http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read/r001361.html
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by MrCrackles(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2009
What is Jesus coming back to do?

Did he forget anything or wha
t?
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by duduspace(m): 3:48am On Feb 02, 2009
bindex:

@Kola oloye

Here is the rest of the verse

Mat 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' [fn] spoken of through the prophet Daniel-let the reader understand-

Mat 24:16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Mat 24:17 Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house.

Mat 24:18 Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak.

Mat 24:19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!

Mat 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Mat 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now-and never to be equaled again.

Mat 24:22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Mat 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

Mat 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible.

Mat 24:25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Mat 24:26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mat 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Mat 24:28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' [fn]

Mat 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Mat 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mat 24:32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

Mat 24:33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it [fn]is near, right at the door.

Mat 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

It seems that Jesus cleary does not know what he was saying. There are so many places where Jesus particularly told people that they will see him come from the clouds in his kingdom in other verses and those predictions are all a giant Fail. People always forget why the bible was written and what the authors had in mind, most of them taught that the legend that is Jesus was going to come during their life time or generation that was why they included all those lines and predictions.

Sheesh, why did he have to say all that much just to tell us that he is coming back? If he was really serious, all he need to say was "I'll be back"
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by kolaoloye(m): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2009
duduspace:

Sheesh, why did he have to say all that much just to tell us that he is coming back? If he was really serious, all he need to say was "I'll be back"

So that you will know for sure that He meant business.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by obinali: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
pls. dear beloved; do not be deceived, whosoever says Jesus is not coming back is totally lost or probably amongst the Antichrist that want to deceive others, but whether you believe or not one thing is sure that Jesus Christ is coming back again in an hour that no one knoweth to rapture the saints. Those righteous ones, those who are living right and holy, the church without spot or wrinkle.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by tolulope0(m): 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
Jesus is truely coming as said in the scripture,anyone that says jesus is not coming is totally wrong and deceiving others by his/her unbeleive
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by bindex(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2009
Jesus is coming back to Judge ONLY the 12 tribes of Israel. So you Nigerian Christains should go and begin to look for sango, or Omadiagbo to judge you guys.

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. --Matthew 19:28

I don't see any Nigerian or african tribe listed amongst the 12 tribes of Israel.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
QUESTION; Is Jesus coming back??

Answer; After what we did to him the last time?? I dont think so.

Since the last time he was here, we have invented gun powder, guillotine, electric chair, leathal injection and ropes for hanging.
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by MrCrackles(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2009
Okija_juju:

QUESTION; Is Jesus coming back??

Answer; After what we did to him the last time?? I dont think so.

Since the last time he was here, we have invented gun powder, guillotine, electric chair, leathal injection and ropes for hanging.

LMFAO! grin
Re: Is Jesus Coming Back? by dalaman: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
Jesus is definatley coming back to Judge the people of the entire world.

(1) (Reply)

'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." / Confessions Of God / Can U Ask A Casket Seller Hw Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.