Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (32610 Views)

Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath / 10 Popular Churches In Nigeria And Their Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by greall12(m): 9:09am On Mar 01, 2015
U don hear now,That transparent gown you get mind to wear go Church today. Is better for you to take another one.

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by dahreyM: 9:10am On Mar 01, 2015
raayah:

ur DP is slightly indecent.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Takim107(f): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2015
My pastor made me backslide, they over watched everything .they won't allow you feel the joy of being in church..They will even accuse you of dating someone even if you aren't just because you are close. . They want to rule you but will never ask you do you have food in your house! Or even lend a helping hand.

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by dahreyM: 9:20am On Mar 01, 2015
Takim107:
My pastor made me backslide, they over watched everything .they won't allow you feel the joy of being in church..They will even accuse you of dating someone even if you aren't just because you are close. . They want to rule you but will never ask you do you have food in your house! Or even lend a helping hand.

is dat d only church? Wen dat is nt d only church u cn go to. Y nt change church?
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by tsdarkside(m): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2015
simple..

the women dress up well,or dont come to church a tall...

church is not disco.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Dammyjohn(m): 9:23am On Mar 01, 2015
This issue of dress code of women has become a problem in this end time.Inappropriate dressing by women is a tool the devil is using in this end time to get more and more men into his kingdom which is hellfire.
You see,it takes the grace of GOD to change the hearts of so many women to adjust to the type of dress code which the word of GOD says because the hearts of women are hardened by the devil to accept the truth.So,when you try to tell them the truth about dress code as it is from GOD's perspective,they become a chronic arguementator.I pray that GOD will give them the heart of fleash to be able to accept the truth.Amen.
Happy Sunday beautiful Nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by IceSplash(f): 9:42am On Mar 01, 2015
this is so true....some girls dress lyk they are going to club ..So shameful
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2015
if I create such thread now they will sure crucify me
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by torchwave: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2015
scanp:
if de like make de wear pant, de can nva pull me down bcus i knw christ lipsrsealed
Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Revolva(m): 10:26am On Mar 01, 2015
shocked shocked shocked after jah fear women...
iambest:
Join the great illuminati and experience tremendous growth in all aspect of your life, remember a decision can change your life forever. call_08140013736
see this mumu you think say we be mugun..mr illuminatti iof u r truly a member you suppose to be super mega rich n not being here looking for clients to chop their money ...LMFAO

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by lilmax(m): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2015
raayah:
I believe as Christains we should dress moderately!

I also believe we should not JUDGE!

But, the house of God should not have dress Codes. Anybody is welcome to the house of the lord. Jesus accepted sinners ( theives and prostitutes). We should not shun people or drive away people based on what they wear. Eventually these people will learn to dress moderately as they become stronger in the faith.

Showing cleavage does not make someone a harlot and tying scarf does not make someone a virgin.

For you people to openly call women sluts and prostitutes is not Christain-like. I'm not saying we should dress anyhow , i am only questioning why Christains (especially in Nigeria) tend to focus on the wrong things.

What would Jesus do?

you are moving back and forth in this post,calling it right and the same time wrong

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by vislabraye(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2015
fairygeh:
I couldn't agree with you more,tho I no be saint o,but I pick what I wear to church reasonably, I see some of my church members,teenagers o and I wonder if they think they are going to the church or club.

Thank God say you don confess say you no be saint. Go and sin no more.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Wimspeter(m): 10:51am On Mar 01, 2015
Oooops!!!!!! Pls where's my mega phone?..........
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by 19naia(m): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2015
"Come as you are" unto the flock of god.. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and the most pious of them all keep his/her head facing their own prayers and service to god.. And jesus saved the LovePeddler from the crowd eager to stone her to death.. He spent much time with her after that, with more reference to jesus spending time with her than any other -second to his mother Mary..
The very christian virtue is that christ walked among those unworthy ,for they were the ones in need..
Come as you are- Naked , half clothed, sick, sinful, possesed of demons, dripping with ebola and the list goes on..

I would be more concerned with who is so unable to keep their head in their prayers because of eyes on anothers body.. And in the event that those called by christ to come, with leprosy or as would be in west Africa, ebola; when they do come, it is likely the so pious whose head is more on others body than in their own prayers, will run from the church at the sight of a contagious leper or ebola patient...
It would be a jesus kind of day in church when a mad man or woman runs in Naked and taken by demons needing casting out.. Or maybe jesus would first stop and be more concerned about dress code than unconditional love and help to those in need regardless of their sins and appearance..
I beg, face your prayers and stop making it a contest for holier than thou.. Church people today becoming like the temple priest jesus was a rebel to in his day...They were so into materialistic holiness standards, that jesus was labeled to be a rebel because he embraced the people despised and outcast to the so called holy temple leaders of his day.. Every person refused, for sin, slutty ways(even whores), Jesus will take them all like he did with theives next to him on the cross. Magdalene almost being stoned for adultery as a LovePeddler -and the list goes on... It was the leaders in the temple acting so holy that they wanted to stone whores to death, those were the people jesus rebeled against and those were the people who incited what became the crucifixion of christ.... Face your prayers and stop nailing people to your cross of disapproval.. Jesus is everybody and the least of all among us, even the adulterous LovePeddler... Jesus loves whores too, he loves all the people of the world..

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Charles4075(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2015
And this is how you identify them op..

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2015
ginawest:
OP may God bless u for dis amazing write-up
my love how are you?
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by acada111(f): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
RED ALERT: For who ever cares to know. Gej is prepering for full scale war against Nigeria state if he looses Re-election. Even if he wins, its just to buy enof time to prepare fully for war. His major plan is suceession and carve out some region from Nigeria. Now the concern is this. Unsuspecting nigerians will be caught unawere, and this may eventualy result to genocide. Don't take this for a child's play. If u need source of this info. Call 08132270185

U well? undecided
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by twinee(f): 11:31am On Mar 01, 2015
buygala:

Please how does this your comment relate to the topic? How 'virgin' and 'dressing' take resemble abeg?

This kain early Sunday morning, You are already venting your pent-up frustration cry

Please keep it up.... na small remain u go commit suicide undecided
. Abeg help me ask am
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by coolfredo(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
darlenese:
The last time i visited WINNERS CHAPEL was when i went for a dedication . And i swore never to visit that church again, it was an awful sight, i was'nt comfortable cos the unmarried girls and teenagers all looked like club girls, i wonder how the men cope angry
wink
am so suprise to hear this frm a girl. i attainded winners chapel last in 2008 i was so uncomfortable seen some kind of dance n half nude girls n a boy wearing singlet in church dancing like mad keepin his shirt on his chair.

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Krasid(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
Many women have led men to their doom because of their indecent dressing in church.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by NiceMan4(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2015
fairygeh:
I couldn't agree with you more,tho I no be saint o,but I pick what I wear to church reasonably, I see some of my church members,teenagers o and I wonder if they think they are going to the church or club.
It is not about wearing decent clothes to church only, what you cannot wear to church, don't wear to even club. You think christianity is just a function of going to church? it is a lifestyle, and is reflected in you every where you go, even in the club if you got there by chance.

You can be a saint. Pray after seeing this message, God loves you.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by coolfredo(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Do you go to church to worship people or God? How then did you say you vowed never to attend winners? Don't allow people determine what you do. Fine, people wear all sort of things as ear rings, short dresses and all! But the question now is, do we chase them home? The least we do is give small cut wrappers to the ladies to cover the short skirt or gown...the guys we ask them to remove the ear rings but most of them try to fight our ushers.... Do you still chase them home? Don't discontinue going to Church because of such reason(s) God bless you
i do worship at Deeper life bible church, i also do worship at reedemeth xtian i nver see a guy with earing or half nude girls in that church do u kno why? cos de kno wat that church stands for HOLINESS WITHOUT which no man no woman shall see de lord, those kind of people go to church wer d pastor careless abt d soul but de money. u kno d gate of hell is wide to contain such. they cant go to wer de pastor preach repentance
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Funkychic(f): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2015
berepiki:
Some people despise some good churches(winners, Christ embassy etc) today because of the way the women dress despite the sound doctrine preached....

Some people don't care what's happening inside the church, all they see is the indecent dressing of a fraction of the women...I believe in liberty and freedom to dress but women should not abuse it.

In Deeper Life church it seems you must be born again in dressing first before u even go for altar call..I believe Salvation should start from the content (spirit and soul) to the container (the body)... ROM. 12:2...Matt 23:25-26. Jesus recommends that you clean within the cup first...then you clean the outside. So because of this some churches have given women the freedom to dress but some women are abusing it and spoiling the name of the church. I'm not talking about trousers and covering of hair because a lot of churches differ on that with various biblical backup. And this has generated a lot of arguments.

My own take on trousers is that, women have their own trouser fashioned according to their shape. So it's not a man's attire because a man can't wear a female trouser... There are some clothes that are unisex. I guess culture determines what's male or female attire. In the bible some prophets wore skirts like men in Scotland. Nigerians wear trouser today because we've adopted the western culture. Today nobody wears beans bag or animal skin or leaves... civilization has taken over but we should reject the bad ones and take the good ones... So my opinion: woman should wear decent trouser with a top that goes down and covers their Barcelona very well... U can wear leggings but wear a long top that gets to the knee.

So the Main issue is INDECENT DRESSING.. Opening of CLEAVAGE, THIGHS and very skimpy and transparent dresses. Women should not allow themselves to be used as tools in the hand of the devil. Fashion should be what you are wearing and not the places you are exposing... Clothes are meant to cover our unclothedness and not to expose some delicate parts of our bodies...

IF YOU FEEL FREEDOM IN DEEPER LIFE or any other church that has dressing laws at the gate of the church IT'S OKAY BUT IF YOU FEEL CAGED THEN YOU ARE STILL DIRTY INSIDE... YOU WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE TRUELY HOLY WEN YOU ARE ALONE AND FREE FROM THE EYES OF PEOPLE THAT KNOW YOU... Salvation is actually freedom to do the RIGHT thing and not enslavement.

Imagine If Winners or Christ embassy has only men as members, what will people use to judge them in terms of appearance because there's no difference between men in deeper life and men winners in terms of dressing. The men are always well covered. With a suit or coat, a man is well dressed for church or work.... Women should cover up not because they are forced to but because they are willing and want to be decent because of the understanding of the Word of God that they have.

Exposing your body makes you look like a harlot, you loose your dignity in the eyes of real men and you might send a lot of men to HELL because of the LUST-signals you're sending...

I am a friend of women but I must tell them the bitter truth.

UNDISPUTED! @ OP...u are 120% right!
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by 4C2215131: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
Akpos and his wife were in bed
watching TV. Akpos who was reading
a newspaper, suddenly put his hand in
wife's panties. His wife was a bit
taken aback but responded positively.
But he immediately removed his hands. Again Akpos put his hand in her
panties without saying anything and
removed it immediately. Still his wife
said nothing. After some minutes, his hands were
in her panties again and this time, his
wife stood up, UnCloth and said, "Honey, lets do it!" Akpos looked at her and said, "Do
what?" His wife said, "Come on! I know you
want it. You've been touching down
there." Akpos said, "Who said I wanted to
have sex? I was just wetting my
fingers so that I can turn the pages of the newspaper faster."

This is HILARIOUS!!!
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by tete7000(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
berepiki:

Exposing your body makes you look like a harlot, you loose your dignity in the eyes of real men and you might send a lot of men to HELL because of the LUST-signals you're sending...

I am a friend of women but I must tell them the bitter truth.

Beware of wolves in sheep's skin (Matthew 7:15). That people appear in Church doesn't mean they are there to lead people to heaven. In contrary there are many who are actually commissioned to hijack plenty into hell. Mistake many make is they go around in Churches thinking everyone is looking for Salvation - Such people are naively wrong.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by swatt44(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ur vry wrong on this one, one must b born again by his dressing bfor coming out for alter call in deeper life church. There is noting of such.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
We have been hearing it. We are hearing it. We'll continue to hear it. Believe me, even after reading this, someone would still allow these girls to lead them to the slaughter. The serpent couldn't reach Adam so it sent Eve with the "fruit". The "fruit" is still very much in hawking. The difference maybe is that, while in Adam's case, he "ate" for free, in your own case, you pay for your "death"! Be wise! Be safe!! The "fruit" kills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by zingo42(f): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
Akpos and his wife were in bed
watching TV. Akpos who was reading
a newspaper, suddenly put his hand in
wife's panties. His wife was a bit
taken aback but responded positively.
But he immediately removed his hands. Again Akpos put his hand in her
panties without saying anything and
removed it immediately. Still his wife
said nothing. After some minutes, his hands were
in her panties again and this time, his
wife stood up, UnCloth and said, "Honey, lets do it!" Akpos looked at her and said, "Do
what?" His wife said, "Come on! I know you
want it. You've been touching down
there." Akpos said, "Who said I wanted to
have sex? I was just wetting my
fingers so that I can turn the pages of the newspaper faster."
u well so?how has this rubbish got to do with what we are discussing,anumanu!
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
Very good write up.The more reason why I prefer to go to morning mass on weekdays and evening mass on Sundays.No need to stress myself,simple clothes, bathroom slippers and I am good to go. undecided

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Exponental(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
tanx op..... i wonder wat d opinions of d men of Gods are.
however, there shouldnt be church clothes. decency shouldnt be restricted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday / Do This And Your Prayers Will Be Answered. / Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.