Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday (32617 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Emeritus Prof Aboaba; RCCG Giant Who Predicted Own Death / RCCG Assistant General Overseer, Folagbade Aboaba Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by farem: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2023
Adeboye’s right-hand man, Prof Aboaba dies 47 days to his 90th birthday

Prof. Fola Aboaba, one of the closest persons to the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye has passed on.

He died in Lagos on Saturday, January 21 about 47 days to his 90th birthday after a brief illness. A report gleaned from Forevermissed informs that he was born on March 8 1933.

Professor Aboaba was in a circle of three friends very close to Pastor Adeboye. The others are Mr. Simeon Olakunrin (SAN) and Elder Felix Ohiwerei

Until his death, Prof. Aboaba officiated regularly at special Holy Ghost Nights of the RCCG. He played the role of introducing Pastor Adeboye to the podium to minister on such occasions. He also used to sing special songs to celebrate the birthday of Pastor Adeboye.

He was the founding Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of the Redeemer’s University.

A professor Emeritus of Agricultural Engineering Aboaba was a member Board of Trustees of the RCCG and also Chairman of the Technical Advisory Board and Lands Committee of the Church.

Prof Aboaba was also one of the founding fathers of the National Prayer Movement. The Gneral Secretary of the body, Mr Gbemiga Olakunle recalls Aboaba’s activities in the group.

He told Church Times that he supported the group and on many occasions hosted its meetings.

Already tributes are pouring in. One of the respondents who perhaps is Aboaba’s grandchild, Rereoluwa Akintola wrote on the wall of www.Forevermissed.com of his earliest memories of the late professor.

He wrote, “One of my earliest memories of Grandpa was when I told him I had seen him at the Alake’s palace when I went on a school excursion, but couldn’t get his attention.

“As I recounted that to him, he told little me that I should have dragged him by the shirt to catch his attention. Little me, drag a whole grandpa by the shirt?! I couldn’t fathom how such a distinguished man could be so down-to-earth”

Akintola also described him as a great family man recalling how he used to interact with his wife who reportedly died in 2018 at age 73.

He says of Prof Aboaba that, “Your laughter will ring loud, and light up heaven so much, everyone there will know there’s a new resident.”

Another respondent, Folorunso Orimoloye wrote, “Prof. Aboaba will be greatly missed. He loved children and gave them candy every Sunday. My children remain ever grateful to you for being part of their world. The sweets you gave made them embrace your beautiful virtues of respect and service to others.

“You had an impact on everyone, both near and far. Oh, daddy Aboaba!, the world would not get to listen to your beautiful voice on various occasions again. But I know you are singing for the host of heaven right now! We shall meet again in the presence of our Lord, where we will get to listen to your bass-enriched tunes. Sleep well, and sleep on our daddy of goodwill.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/churchtimesnigeria.net/adeboyes-right-hand-man-prof-aboaba-dies-47-days-to-his-90th-birthday/amp/

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by money121(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2023
Ok

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Moh247: 9:56am On Jan 23, 2023
RIP

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Jozilinn: 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rip 🙏🙏🙏🙏

9 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by themes009(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rip

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by FuckTheMod: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
Eya

E don try na
RIP

Meanwhile, I just made this special and beautiful portrait of our incoming PRESIDENT.

Whether osu pigs or some fool ani miscreants likes it or not, ALL OF YOU MUST HANG THIS PICTURE IN YOUR OFFICES AND GOVERNMENT OFFICES FROM NEXT MONTH AND FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS.

YOU CAN LICK YOUR SCREEN NOW : cool

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Deejaygold(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
😭😭😭😭
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Nazgul: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
He lived a fulfilled life and has gone to be with the lord. May his soul rest in peace.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by FuckTheMod: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by MaddySav: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
RIP sir

1 Like

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Hendrixky: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
Okay

When will adeboye die

Death to all god of men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Omuuvwie(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
R I p sir, great general in the Lord's army

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Rollins777(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rest in peace .
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Damikjay(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
😭😭😭
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by updatechange(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rip sir
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Legitmatazz: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rest in peace sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by wiseone28: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
We shall all die

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Truthshscrazy: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
Adieu…, You have run ur race . Rest easy sir.’

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
A RIP well deserved

Tinubu don almost reach this man age oooo na now him won come do wetin him no fit do for him youth grin grin

And his enemies are encouraging him undecided

11 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by ajailer(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
RIP sir. Will be surely missed by the redeemed family.
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by tishbite42: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
RIP great man
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by DDfruitful: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rest on sir
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by PrinceOfLagos: 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rest well sir , God bless your soul
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by omoredia: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
Adeboye is suspect
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
Rest in Peace sir
Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by makavalley(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
Hendrixky:
Okay

When will adeboye die

Death to all god of men
Go and kill him

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by gaby(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
A golden age to exit the stage.
Farewell, Papa.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Eya
E don try na
RIP
Meanwhile, I just made this special and beautiful portrait of our incoming PRESIDENT.

Whether osu pigs or some fool ani miscreants likes it or not, ALL OF YOU MUST HANG THIS PICTURE IN YOUR OFFICES AND GOVERNMENT OFFICES FROM NEXT MONTH AND FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS.

YOU CAN LICK YOUR SCREEN NOW : cool
grin😄 grin😄 live from Jigawa

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday by BennyDGreat: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
Hendrixky:
Okay

When will adeboye die

Death to all god of men

You lack empathy bro...try and do better...
Forget about this place being a faceless forum.
Choose to be a better person.

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Do This And Your Prayers Will Be Answered. / Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.