Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139857 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

I done payouts of about 100K in one day on Quickteller before. And it cost me 0 naira. tongue

Lol. We don't want both of you please, when u join now, dollar will go up to 300 naira. Lol.

@tyconcepts thanks for the update on Access rate. Added to first post.
Is it true that internet banking don't charging when you are using the platform on quickteller? All my transaction I have made so far using cards of UBA, ECOBANK and FIRSTBANK cards, they always charge me #100 on quickteller.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Abeg, somebody should confirm what Zenith bank is charging per dollar
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jereal(m): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Yes. Stanbic allows you to do transfers and transactions through QuickTeller. Also, Stanbic has a seamless internet banking service. Transfer to other banks is charged at N75 while transfer within Stanbic is free.

Great...! Thanks for the info...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:
Now Stanbic are telling me that my mother's maiden name is not updated on my account so i have to visit their branch to update it before they can enroll my card for online transactions, something i filled on the form oh. Omo I'm tired of these guys procedures, but on the bright side for you guys, you can learn from all these and reduce ur number of trips to the bank.

Update to my other post:
- Second trip: After opening the envelope containing ur Debit mastercard, and changing the pin. You will find a small update form in the envelope also, tell them that you want to update ur mother's maiden name on ur account so that your card will be able to enroll ur card for online transactions.
thats same response I got... Just maiden name fa Anyways I just hope it Wil worth ask stress sha if not angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Any latest on zenith?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

Is it true that internet banking don't charging when you are using the platform on quickteller? All my transaction I have made so far using cards of UBA, ECOBANK and FIRSTBANK cards, they always charge me #100 on quickteller.

If you use your Verve card on Quickteller, you get charged 100 naira per transaction except you are buying recharge card. But if you use ur mastercard, no 100 naira charge. I always use my master card.

Jeffy1206:
Any latest on zenith?

EUGENE4GOO:
Abeg, somebody should confirm what Zenith bank is charging per dollar

Standby, @sinebaba would update you guys. If he has any info.
I was thinking of getting a Zenith too, but nah! I'll get GTB instead because of the majority and GTB to GTB transfer, every client asks me if i have a GTB account first. Lol

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jeffy1206:
thats same response I got... Just maiden name fa Anyways I just hope it Wil worth ask stress sha if not angry

Just mother's maiden name they asked (her surname before she got married, I think. Lol) Just ask them for everything you need, you know the best thing? Send them an email, they will call u back, those guys call you more than a clingy girlfriend. See my call log below. Lol.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Jeffy1206 you and i think @opeyemmmy were saying something about Stanbic beneficiary something something. Can't remember Lol. I got something like that today after requesting for my internet banking be processed. Might not be correct, but i think dat somehow, this is not a wrong or scam email. Maybe a glitch, maybe procedure. My advice is don't click anything till u show the bank. Anyways, confirm if it's a similar email u received below.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by chuchwhite: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

If you use your Verve card on Quickteller, you get charged 100 naira per transaction except you are buying recharge card. But if you use ur mastercard, no 100 naira charge. I always use my master card.

Not true bro.. I also use my zenith mastercard to transfer to other banks on Quickteller and i get charged 100 bucks for each transfer i do..

3 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:36am On Apr 08, 2015
chuchwhite:

Not true bro.. I also use my zenith mastercard to transfer to other banks on Quickteller and i get charged 100 bucks for each transfer i do..

Oh! Maybe it's Zenith. Do u also get OTP via SMS? I don't get charged with Ecobank Mastercard. I always transfer money to my Diamond bank to buy stuffs, never charged. Transfered to GT and Access last week. No charge. If i use my verve, 100 naira, Mastercard 0.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kennyman20(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

Because naira did gain some value some time last week i think. Some people are already saying Change is here. SMH. Lol.

weldone stanley!!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:19am On Apr 08, 2015
kennyman20:

weldone stanley!!

Lol. Cheers mate!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 08, 2015
Discover how to turn your passion into a million dollars.

What You’re about to Master

It really does not matter if you have ever even considered being in business for yourself.
It does not matter if you have any experience. All that matters is that you are not currently
happy with your career or financial position. If you want more from your life, then this is the book for you.

The author, Anik Singal is about to take you through a jaw-dropping journey that has
taken him over 10 years. He started with nothing but a big dream in college and stumbled
his way into the world of being an Online Entrepreneur. He had no technical knowledge,
no experience and absolutely no idea what he was doing.

However, he soon became addicted to the idea of creating wealth using the Internet.
That’s what this book is all about. Anik Singal has dedicated his life to learning how
someone can wake up every morning and go to sleep every night having done nothing
but what they’re passionate about. However, everyone knows, it’s not enough to just live
your passion; you need to create a living with it too.

The Circle of Profit is a business system that allows anyone in the world to quickly build
a business empire right from their laptop. You can begin to generate millions of dollars
by simply giving away information. You’re about to learn how to take a topic you’re
passionate about, share it with everyone in the world, all while creating millions of
dollars.
If you’ve ever dreamed of having more from your life, The Circle of Profit is just the
system to get you there!
Get it here now for free:

http://www.36sba.com/special/free.html

Wishing you the best, stay safe. With love – Oliver Augustine.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 6:43am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

I've done payouts of about 100K in one day on Quickteller before. And it cost me 0 naira. tongue

Never been that lucky sha... I always get charged N100 for fund transfer. angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 6:53am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:
@Jeffy1206 you and i think @opeyemmmy were saying something about Stanbic beneficiary something something. Can't remember Lol. I got something like that today after requesting for my internet banking be processed. Might not be correct, but i think dat somehow, this is not a wrong or scam email. Maybe a glitch, maybe procedure. My advice is don't click anything till u show the bank. Anyways, confirm if it's a similar email u received below.

That email is genuine. I'm sure you added a beneficiary to your internet banking profile, which allows you to do transfers to such a beneficiary without having to generate OTP every now and then.

On the mother's maiden name thingy, I also had the same issue until I called their customer care and I was directed to fill data update form at a nearest branch. I did and the rest is history.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:09am On Apr 08, 2015
opeyemmmy:

That email is genuine. I'm sure you added a beneficiary to your inteenet banking profile, which allows you to do transfers to such a beneficiary without having to generate OTP every now and then.

On the mother's maiden name thingy, I also had the same issue until I called their customer care and I was directed to fill data update form at a nearest branch. I did and the rest is history.

i don't understand the first part of ur post, i don't even have my Internet banking details yet, yet to receive it.
I guess I'll just go into the bank today, first thing this morning. I hope this would be the last. I really hope so.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:15am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

i don't understand the first part of ur post, i don't even have my Internet banking details yet, yet to receive it.
I guess I'll just go into the bank today, first thing this morning. I hope this would be the last. I really hope so.

Really? Wow! shocked shocked

That's spoofing then. If you have not added any beneficiary to your profile, kindly disregard the mail. I'm still surprised though as the email looks so real.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by chuchwhite: 8:13am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

Oh! Maybe it's Zenith. Do u also get OTP via SMS? I don't get charged with Ecobank Mastercard. I always transfer money to my Diamond bank to buy stuffs, never charged. Transfered to GT and Access last week. No charge. If i use my verve, 100 naira, Mastercard 0.

Nope i dnt get OTP via sms...... i use my zenith token whenever i wanna transact on quickteller.. by the way take a look at this link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2241583/difference-using-verve-card-mastercard
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

I normally use my UBA Naira Mastercard to make transfer to other banks, they usually charge me #100 on all transactions.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:28am On Apr 08, 2015
chuchwhite:

Nope i dnt get OTP via sms...... i use my zenith token whenever i wanna transact on quickteller.. by the way take a look at this link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2241583/difference-using-verve-card-mastercard

Lol. I need Token with Zenith? Dats a definite bye bye to Zenith bank now.

EUGENE4GOO:

I normally use my UBA Naira Mastercard to make transfer to other banks, they usually charge me #100 on all transactions.

Unless i have too much money and i haven't been noticing this 100 naira charge then I'm pretty sure i have been charged 0. Infact, the reason i use my mastercard instead of my verve card is because of the 0 charge. If not i wouldn't stress myself typing my mastercard number everytime as my Verve card is already added to my quick teller account.

opeyemmmy:

Really? Wow! shocked shocked
That's spoofing then. If you have not added any beneficiary to your profile, kindly disregard the mail. I'm still surprised though as the email looks so real.

Yep the mail has been disregarded. As i adviced others to do. And the point of the mail is to look real, so yeah.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:28am On Apr 08, 2015
UPDATE:
I am currently at StanbicIBTC. After filling the form i still had to write a formal request to the Branch manager for the activation of the card for online transactions. However, it's being handled now. All of you heading to stanbic should try take care of all these on ur second trip.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2015
I'm not a sexist but I'll say this. With respest to woman and appreciation to every woman walking on the face of the earth, i think you guys are great and i think you guys can do whatever a man can do better and all that good stuff you guys like to hear.

However, i feel like in this part of the world women shouldn't do tech support/customer care jobs. 95% of them are underinformed, misinformed or not informed at all. I spoke to maybe 2 or 3 customer care ladies yesterday and none of them stated dat i had to go back to the bank to fill the Mastercard secure code update form. The first guy i spoke to gave me this information and it was the right thing to do. Even the person dat has been attending to me at the branch has been a lady and i asked her yesterday, she said i didn't need to do anything else and today she's saying that it's true dat i have to do it. I have experienced this many times in various institutions not only in Nigeria but in Ghana too.

Please the feminist groups shouldn't rain down fire and brimstone on me. I love women. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by warrenweste(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2015
pls has anyone made payment using firstbank mastercard via paypal or aliexpress recently? if so hw much were u charged? thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

You had to go back to the bank to fill the Mastercard secure code update form?

You can do that straight from you Internet banking account if na GTbank.

The reason I love Access is that after opening your account and you get your card, it just works. Even opening an Internet banking account is as easy as downloading the app and registering. You will have to get to the bank to get the software token sha
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
frebor:

The reason I love Access is that after opening your account and you get your card, it just works. Even opening an Internet banking account is as easy as downloading the app and registering. You will have to get to the bank to get the software token sha

You right Frebor......Even their mobile app works for transfers within and outside the bank without token....One of the reasons and still stuck on them even after almost be messed up.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:
I'm not a sexist but I'll say this. With respest to woman and appreciation to every woman walking on the face of the earth, i think you guys are great and i think you guys can do whatever a man can do better and all that good stuff you guys like to hear.

However, i feel like in this part of the world women shouldn't do tech support/customer care jobs. 95% of them are underinformed, misinformed or not informed at all. I spoke to maybe 2 or 3 customer care ladies yesterday and none of them stated dat i had to go back to the bank to fill the Mastercard secure code update form. The first guy i spoke to gave me this information and it was the right thing to do. Even the person dat has been attending to me at the branch has been a lady and i asked her yesterday, she said i didn't need to do anything else and today she's saying that it's true dat i have to do it. I have experienced this many times in various institutions not only in Nigeria but in Ghana too.

Please the feminist groups shouldn't rain down fire and brimstone on me. I love women. Lol.
oh my world shocked I just hope mine won't be the same again o cos it's a lady that is attending to me and she never mentioned it... Although she assured me that that's all I need to do after the maiden update issh... I also asked for internet banking too but she told Mr no need that it's not prerequisites for online transactions.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
frebor:

Even my Internet banking isn't setup yet mate

Jeffy1206:
oh my world shocked I just hope mine won't be the same again o cos it's a lady that is attending to me and she never mentioned it... Although she assured me that that's all I need to do after the maiden update issh... I also asked for internet banking too but she told Mr no need that it's not prerequisites for online transactions.

Yep, it's not a prerequisite. I just rather have it, haven't u got ur card yet?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

Even my Internet banking isn't setup yet mate

Yep, it's not a prerequisite. I just rather have it, haven't u got ur card yet?
got it already looking for where I can just test it. cool
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Meanwhile, Gtbank charged me N209.99 and then processed a refund to me at N200. They should wait for me I'm coming for them. angry

Stanley08

I made trip number two to my stanbic branch.
I had to go and apply for the Mastercard irrespective of the fact that I already filled a form earlier.

Based on your experience, I hope to finalize everything when I make the third trip to collect the card in five working days.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by afanide: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thespecialone:
Meanwhile, Gtbank charged me N209.99 and then processed a refund to me at N200. They should wait for me I'm coming for them. angry

Stanley08

I had to go and apply for the Mastercard irrespective of the fact that I already filled a form earlier.

Based on your experience, I hope to finalize everything when I make the third trip to collect the card in five working days.

Hope u got my Text Ealier? Help me post Pix here so i can copy it
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thespecialone:

Stanley08

That is just wrong on their part, i didn't have to apply again for the card. it's basic these days that you get an ATM card. Sadly, most people will have to take 3 trips as these stanbic guys, it feels like they are still figuring things out really.
Anyways, try put pressure on GTB.

Jeffy1206:
got it already looking for where I can just test it. cool

The easiest and cheapest way really is adding it to ur Google Wallet, it would be debited and refunded immediately. Exactly $1. You won't lose any money either.

Here - https://wallet.google.com/
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

That is just wrong on their part, i didn't have to apply again for the card. it's basic these days that you get an ATM card. Sadly, most people will have to take 3 trips as these stanbic guys, it feels like they are still figuring things out really.
Anyways, try put pressure on GTB.

The easiest and cheapest way really is adding it to ur Google Wallet, it would be debited and refunded immediately. Exactly $1. You won't lose any money either.

Here - https://wallet.google.com/
I have already added it but no message or debit on my card sad...

Please do you encounter this on PayPal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.