Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140139 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
biggboy:
Diamond bank are exploiting me oo! Dey charged $1 to #204.077938 and refund me with $1 to #194.074889..... Time to migrate to Stanbic IBTC bank.
Lol team stanbic is getting bigger.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by solaceTK(m): 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Stanley08:

If It shows that the refund has been completed on PayPal, then there's nothing much PayPal can do for him really

Access Bank (Ghana tho) took as long as 17 days to process a refund for me one time. Sometimes, these things just take time sadly. The best you can do is send them proof that the refund has been done on PayPals end and they should release the funds to you. Fowards emails from PayPal to them, screenshots showing transaction refunds and anything really. Forwarded a failed mail from Asos to StanbicIBTC and they started peocessing the release of my funds immediately and dat was just yesterday. They just called me now to tell me that the funds would be released in the next hr. These documents /evidence helps speed up the said 'investigation'.

l already forwarded the mail from PayPal confirming the refund 2 days ago. l honestly think l have provided every document or evidence they need. They are just being daft.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

@Jeffy, How did you do it? They are not debiting your account for sms alert. I deposited #2500, they alerted me that my account has been credited with #2500. When I log in to my i-banking I discovered that they have debited #4 for sms alert that my account had been credited. So instead of #2500 I saw #2496 in my account.

Yep! Dats how it is, they debit you immediately after u get the alert. I think i prefer the monthly one. But i think this is how it is with Stanbic and can't be changed.

solaceTK:

l already forwarded the mail from PayPal confirming the refund 2 days ago. l honestly think l have provided every document or evidence they need. They are just being daft.

As i said, somethings take time.

biggboy:
Diamond bank are exploiting me oo! Dey charged $1 to #204.077938 and refund me with $1 to #194.074889..... Time to migrate to Stanbic IBTC bank.

Lol. Diamond did me 204.08 -> 194.02. Stanbic did 199.5 -> 199.

Thespecialone:
Lol team stanbic is getting bigger.

We will soon start charging them. Lol.

Jeffy1206:
My mobile banking finally up and running...Also my ibanking no much difference at all...

My money was not touched as I first thought.

Mine isn't working, it says that Limits hasn't been set for this transaction type. If the diamond bank procedure is anything to go by, then i have to visit the bank and fill a form to set a limit on my mobile banking. Can u remember setting a limit?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:01am On Apr 15, 2015
ATTENTION: If you use PayPal to make payments alot, there is an option where you can select to use your bank's conversion rate instead of PayPal converting it to dollars and charging it to your card. for this transaction i will quote below,

Stanley08:
Stanbic on twitter adviced today's rate as 295.68 so i guess... £150.5 = 44499.84.

I was charged N45,607.70 instead because of PayPal converted 150.5 to $228.61.
So i had to pay 228.61 x 199.5 = 45,607.695
Instead of 295.68 x 150.5 = 44,499.84

Could have saved = 1107.9 naira if only i chose the second option in the photo below.

Take this into consideration next time you are making a PayPal payment that is not in dollars. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mayorall(m): 12:28am On Apr 15, 2015
solaceTK:
Good day house, can someone help me with CBN email address, l need to submit a petition against Access Bank. l had two PayPal refund last week Monday up till now they are yet to credit my account. l have called and emailed them severally all to no effect. PayPal refund takes maximum of 7 days but is already 7 working days yet no sign. pls l need the email address ASAP

7-10 working days.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:53am On Apr 15, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

@Jeffy, How did you do it? They are not debiting your account for sms alert. I deposited #2500, they alerted me that my account has been credited with #2500. When I log in to my i-banking I discovered that they have debited #4 for sms alert that my account had been credited. So instead of #2500 I saw #2496 in my account.
for credit and debit transactions, I think they will charge you cos that's what I noticed... When using my mobile banking and instant token number, sms were sent to me after adding beneficiaries but no money was deducted for that.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:01am On Apr 15, 2015
@Stanley, although I received the message that I should call customer service to remove limits... But after launching the app there was no restriction. Just give them a call.

I love the app kiss wasted my money on that gtb yeye token cry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 5:35am On Apr 15, 2015
Jeffy1206:
@Stanley, although I received the message that I should call customer service to remove limits... But after launching the app there was no restriction. Just give them a call.

which bank are u talking about here?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by olaide721(m): 7:33am On Apr 15, 2015
tonjeola:
which bank are u talking about here?
Its Stanbic IBTC
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Jeffy1206:

They called me and told me that they only started to process my own on Monday 13th. And i hear it takes 3 working days to complete. They also sent a mail saying i should give them till the end of business today which is the 3rd working day. i think... So I'll wait
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2015
Jeffy1206:
for credit and debit transactions, I think they will charge you cos that's what I noticed... When using my mobile banking and instant token number, sms were sent to me after adding beneficiaries but no money was deducted for that.
You mean mobile banking, they are not charging #4 .
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Temihatz(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2015
Gtb master card 2day:
Charged for aliexpress transaction.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2015
Temihatz:
Gtb master card 2day:
Charged for aliexpress transaction.

Updated in the first post.

EUGENE4GOO:

They will always charge u N4 every time u receive an alert concerning an action on ur account, be it debit or credit.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2015
Forwarded Stanbic an email showing that PayPal refunded the money back to my account just yesterday evening. And 8:30am this morning, i got the refund.

However, For $1.95 I was debited 389.03 and the refund is 388.05. Which confirms that Stanbic also processes refunds at a lower rate.
Debit was 199.5 and Credit (refund) - 199. Not too much to cry about, at least not until their dollar charge increases. Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:24am On Apr 15, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

excerpt for debit and credit alerts, others are free I guess.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2015
This is their platform... Any additional information? @Stan

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Jeffy1206:
This is their platform... Any additional information? @Stan

Le me is jealous. Lol. Anyways, i don't think there's anything else. Btw, did you get a text message saying that your mobile banking was ready? It you did, let me see it or at least, paste the contents.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Stanley08:

Le me is jealous. Lol. Anyways, i don't think there's anything else. Btw, did you get a text message saying that your mobile banking was ready? It you did, let me see it or at least, paste the contents.
yes here it is...

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Jeffy1206:
yes here it is...

The wait continues...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by solaceTK(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Eventually Access credited my account today, however l still need CBN email address l still want to take action against Access because when l made payment l was debited #208 per dollar but when the money was refunded they credited it with #199 per dollar. Those guys are bunch of old sons of b i t c h e s. The dubious acts is completely unacceptable
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by piscesgem(m): 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
UBA Naira Debit MasterCard
Ebay paypaymen: $ 101

Charge: # 20,705.99

Rate: 205.009802

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
solaceTK:
Eventually Access credited my account today, however l still need CBN email address l still want to take action against Access because when l made payment l was debited #208 per dollar but when the money was refunded they credited it with #199 per dollar. Those guys are bunch of old sons of b i t c h e s. The dubious acts is completely unacceptable

I think it's worth fighting. But to tell u the truth, you might not get that money back. Every bank seems to be refunding at 199. Well, Diamond went as low as 194.02

piscesgem:
UBA Naira Debit MasterCard
Ebay paypaymen: $ 101
Charge: # 20,705.99
Rate: 205.009802

Updated to first post.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 6:47am On Apr 16, 2015
Finally I got the Standbic ibtc bank atm, requested for Mobile banking.but the lady
Seems to be a novice at it.even the mother's maiden name part, she was reluctant to collect the form back,telling me it was not necessary,I had to explain to her.i just hope
She does it.how long does it take to activate the Internet banking?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 7:04am On Apr 16, 2015
solaceTK:

I understand how you feel coz I have been through this before, I fought and won but believe me, I was simply lucky and was warned even by CBN that 199 below is the trading rates for refund o!
Let it go and hope you don't request refund anytime soon.

We all should stay off refunds till normalization.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by worldgee101: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Date : 16th April 2015
Currency : $
Bank : Diamond bank
Exchange rate : 204.03
Time: 03.44hrs & 07.49hrs.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2015
worldgee101:
Date : 16th April 2015
Currency : $
Bank : Diamond bank
Exchange rate : 204.03
Time: 03.44hrs & 07.49hrs.

terrymason:
April 16th
aliexpress payment
$34>>>>>#7004
$1>>>#206
time>8:45am
bank:access-bank

Thank you. Both updated to first post.

kandrus:
Finally I got the Standbic ibtc bank atm, requested for Mobile banking.but the lady
Seems to be a novice at it.even the mother's maiden name part, she was reluctant to collect the form back,telling me it was not necessary,I had to explain to her.i just hope
She does it.how long does it take to activate the Internet banking?

Mhen these processes can take anywhere between 1 second to 200 years, just depends on how well u follow up to make them follow through.

Just follow them bumper to bumper with
Calls - ‪012709676‬
AND
Emails - cardqueriesWA@stanbicibtc.com

Hopefully urs gets sorted out quicker than mine. about 3 weeks now, still on the mobile banking matter. i think I'll get the text today tho.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by terrymason(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2015
April 16th
aliexpress payment
$34>>>>>#7004
$1>>>#206
time>8:45am
bank:access-bank
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:56am On Apr 16, 2015
I told you all yesterday or so about the whole PayPal converting my 150.5 pounds to 228 dollars and eventually making me pay 1,100 naira higher. Well this morning, i got an alert showing even a higher figure by 434.91. When i contacted stanbic, their response was this.

"Dear Mr. Stanley,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please be informed that our inquiry into your feedback reveals that a transaction of $230.79 (N46,042.61) consummated at PAYPAL *ASOSCOMLTD Great Britain on 14 April, 2015 was successful and same was debited from your account on 16 April, 2015.

Kindly note that the aforesaid transaction is different from that of $228.61 (N45,607.70) consummated at PAYPAL *ASOSCOMLTD  Great Britain (same merchant) on 14 April, 2015 which was previously placed on hold.
We also confirm that the referred hold of $228.61 (N45,607.70) has been released into your account.
Thank you"

Which in plain English means that, in the 2 days that these funds were on hold, PayPal's dollar value rose so 150.5 pounds was converted into $230 instead of the initial $228.

REMINDER: When buying from PayPal, opt for ur own bank's (card issuer) conversion rate and not PayPal own. Now I've lost a total of 1,500 from this transaction. You don't have to lose too. Cheers! wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by worldgee101: 9:02am On Apr 16, 2015
Stanley08:

Thank you. Both updated to first post.
Good job u r doing here! Keep Nigeria informed!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2015
worldgee101:
Good job u r doing here! Keep Nigeria informed!

If you want something done right, do it urself right?
Lol, Cheers mate!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
I think this the limit they were talking about... Tried to send 59000 on my mobile banking, below pic is the message I got. sad

I have called them to lift it, they promised to call me back which I'm very sure they will wink

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by nerdyorion: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
An IT/Software company in Lagos which specializes in developing web and mobile applications desires to employ fresh graduates (Awaiting NYSC, Serving or recently

completed NYSC) to fill available vacancies.

- Strong knowledge of IT, preferably a background in computer science, engineering or other relevant disciplines
- Must have basic programming knowledge and be ready to learn e.g. .NET, SQL Server, Mobile App Development
- Must be intelligent, self-disciplined, confident and ready to work
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Must not be above 28 years

Interested candidates should kindly send CV to info@mobilixe.com on or before Tuesday 21th of April 2015.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.