Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine (995 Views)

"I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo / Sierra Leone Vice President Seeks Asylum At US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Okimski(m): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2015
Sierra Leone’s Vice President Sam Sumana has
placed himself in quarantine following the Ebola
death of one of his guards, a government
spokesman said Saturday, as the country
reintroduced travel restrictions as the number of
new cases rises again.
Sumana “has decided to place himself in
precautionary quarantine awaiting the results of
tests by the health authorities”, the spokesman
said.
Sumana’s bodyguard, 42-year-old John Koroma,
died from Ebola on Friday, medical sources said.
Sources at the vice president’s office said
Sumana is not in danger but had decided to stay
out of his office for the next 21 days and work
from his home in the west of the capital.
The government voiced “grave concern” that the
fall in the number of new cases seen in the west
African nation in recent weeks has been
reversed.
“The common denominator in the new cases is
involvement with maritime activities,” the
presidency said in a statement.
The authorities, therefore, decided that no boat
can enter the country overnight, with marine
police alerted to impose the rule. Restrictions
were also placed on commercial vehicles and on
the number of passengers carried by taxis,
lorries and other vehicles.
Ebola restrictions were eased in January as the
number of new cases fell, in an attempt to boost
the economy.
However on Wednesday Sierra Leone said it was
seeing a spike in Ebola infections, blaming
unsafe burials that threaten to undermine the
recovery from the deadly epidemic.
The west African nation, which has registered
some 3,400 deaths in the nine months since the
outbreak spread from neighbouring Guinea, had
seen a steady decline in new cases over recent
months.
Ebola, one of the deadliest viruses known to
man, is spread only through direct contact with
the bodily fluids of the recently deceased or an
infected person showing symptoms such as
fever or vomiting.
More than 9,500 people have died of the disease
since the west African epidemic emerged in
southern Guinea in December 2013.
Liberia has registered the highest death toll of
4,037 fatal cases while Sierra Leone has seen
almost half of the total of 23,694 cases.
While Liberia is showing only a tiny handful of
new cases each week, Guinea and Sierra Leone
continue to be a worry to the authorities, who
say they still do not have the epidemic under
control.
Sierra Leone President Ernest Bai Koroma leaves
for Brussels on Sunday to co-reside with the EU
at an international meeting on the fight against
Ebola and measures to facilitate reconstruction
in the countries hit by the virus.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/sierra-leone-vice-president-in-ebola-quarantine/
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Redoil: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2015
How true is this story
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
God, why not Nigeria?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Eeyah
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by datguru: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:
God, why not Nigeria?

God, why not his family alone ?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Frankiss44(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:
God, why not Nigeria?

Are you this stupid?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
vice president? osibanjo will soon join him there I think he has ebola too
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
Taylor86:
vice president? osibanjo will soon join him there I think he has ebola too
brownlord:
God, why not Nigeria?
may all of ur fathers die of a terrible sickness!!! stupid sons of bit.ches!!!!!
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:
God, why not Nigeria?

shows how u were brought up?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
datguru:

God, why not his family alone ?

Son of thieving politician, may thunder fire your entire useless generation, 80 percent of nigerians will be celebrating if such tragedy befall OBJ, Annenih, Gulak, Amaechi, Tinubu and all the deity in our political system including your useless father. Anoufia
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
shikaan:
may all of ur fathers die of a terrible sickness!!! stupid sons of bit.ches!!!!!

The kind of sickness that will befall your household?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Emmyk(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
Meaning their President too ain't safe...
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:

The kind of sickness that will befall your household?
i despise u from the dept of my ass. DAFT.
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by datguru: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:

Son of thieving politician, may thunder fire your entire useless generation, 80 percent of nigerians will be celebrating if such tragedy befall OBJ, Annenih, Gulak, Amaechi, Tinubu and all the deity in our political system including your useless father. Anoufia

That's why I said it should start from your family, after it must have destroyed you all, it will come to my father and the rest of us
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
shikaan:
i despise u from the dept of my ass. DAFT.

God bless your heart and your pen1s. Ode
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
datguru:

That's why I said it should start from your family, after it must have destroyed you all, it will come to my father and the rest of us

Why not tell your father to stop looting if you are so scared, you should be happy, don't you want to inherit his loot on time?
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by gebest: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Na wao, well, it will not stop gmb from winning d march 28 election.
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Vision4God: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
It is well wt him
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Harryzon(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
see what Nigeria and our able Medics fought in less than half a year.

That means if we have needed computerised equipment we could outperform US

God bless our DOCTORS
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ebola is a hoax do not e deceived.
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by Trut(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:
God, why not Nigeria?

Tufia, I spit on you this day.
Re: Sierra Leone Vice President In Ebola Quarantine by brownlord: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Trut:

Tufia, I spit on you this day.

Why spit on your father?

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Mariam Abacha's 68th Birthday Celebration Yesterday / Nairaland's 10th Anniversary On March 10.. Hurray, Happy Birthday.. / The War Against Boko Haram: A Chad Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.