Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

"Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv (882 Views)

Nigerian Elites Are Mad At President Buhari - Presidency / Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Am currently watching a program on NTA:"meet the president" and i noticed a trend from all the speaker demarketing Buhari based on "NO CERTIFICATE" I noticed that all of them including peter obi, mimiko, obanikoro, etc all of them spoke in pidgin........
how can they be using bad English to blast another fellow on "no certificate" ..atleaste on that context they should use correct English to prove their education. i see something wrong with this campaign strategy. the program is still ongoing, am sure more speakers will continue on same path, tune in and enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by Ijebulogic(m): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bros - Even upper class Jimi Agbaje tried it and his delivery fell flat. Peter Obi was the most natural.

1 Like

Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by minister2015: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
With their so-called certs they were speaking pidgin to deride to GMB, so what is the used of their overated certs.
Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by mekaboy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
May19:
Am currently watching a program on NTA:"meet the president" and i noticed a trend from all the speaker demarketing Buhari based on "NO CERTIFICATE" I noticed that all of them including peter obi, mimiko, obanikoro, etc all of them spoke in pidgin........
how can they be using bad English to blast another fellow on "no certificate" ..atleaste on that context they should use correct English to prove their education. i see something wrong with this campaign strategy. the program is still ongoing, am sure more speakers will continue on same path, tune in and enjoy.

U sound like a certificateless buhari. So u dont knw the difference between formal and informal setting?

Does it mean anyone that speaks pidgin is not educated?

4 Likes

Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by IsaAbubakaAzeez: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
minister2015:
With their so-called certs they were speaking pidgin to deride to GMB, so what is the used of their overated certs.

Mr man thats a flimsy

My professor use to lecture us mixing pidgin and English even with hausa

Mr once he's communicating that's it.

Or can you compare yourself to Gej in speaking English

Ode

At least he doesn't call corruption kworopshun

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by josnig1980(f): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Shame on PDP grin
Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by minister2015: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2015
IsaAbubakaAzeez:

Mr man thats a flimsy

My professor use to lecture us mixing pidgin and English even with hausa

Mr once he's communicating that's it.

Or can you compare yourself to Gej in speaking English

Ode

At least he doesn't call corruption kworopshun

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
t GEJ who said 'how much did nwobodo stole' old man! I can do better than that.
Re: "Phd Pdp Elites" Are Using Pigdin English To Blast Buhari On "No Cert" On Tv by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 02, 2015
May19:
I noticed that all of them including peter obi, mimiko, obanikoro, etc all of them spoke in pidgin........
how can they be using bad English to blast another fellow on "no certificate"

The fact that you consider "pidgin" to be no more than "bad English" says it all. Also, one has to wonder at the sheer bravado of criticising the use of language of others while writing what is barely recognisable as good English.

(1) (Reply)

Wow, So Sweet Nigerians Holding Hands Now In NTA / A Wake Up Call To All Nigerian Youths / President Goodluck Jonathan And General Buhari Hugs Each Other (photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.