Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate (2063 Views)

Arrogance Cost Jonathan 2015 Election-sheriff / What Cost Jonathan Power In The End / Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by kglamour(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has challenged the presidential candidate of the
All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to a
presidential debate at the Chatham House, London.
Jonathan, in a letter to Buhari through his Non-Governmental Organization, the
Wind of Hope Foundation, signed by its National Coordinator, Mr. Ono Akpe,
said he was ready to sponsor Buhari to participate in the debate.
The APC presidential candidate had earlier rejected taking part in a debate put
together for presidential candidates for the forthcoming general elections by the
Nigerian Elections Debate Group (NEDG), citing the composition of the body as
reason for his refusal.
Jonathan said Buhari’s presentation finally acknowledged the achievements of
his administration in growing the nation’s economy to becoming the largest in
Africa, with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of $510 billion and maintaining a
single digit inflation regime.
Jonathan’s letter to Buhari read in part: “Your Excellency, we wish to
congratulate you on your recent visit to the United Kingdom where you delivered
a speech at Chatham House, London, on Thursday, February 26, 2015.
“Your speech at the event is clearly a source of motivation for your supporters
who in recent times seem to have lost steam in their aggressive marketing of
your candidacy for the office of President. The author of the said speech must
be commended because your presentation finally acknowledged the
achievements of the present government in growing our economy to be the
largest in Africa, with a GDP of $510 billion and maintaining a single digit
inflation regime.
“However, your actions or may we say, your party’s action with regards to the
entire concept and aim of the forum, calls to question, your refusal to accede to
request for a presidential debate here at home in Nigeria.
“In our quest to deepen democracy, which thrives on robust and constructive
deliberations that aid the electorate in making informed decisions, Wind of Hope
hereby challenges (or offers you a platform to debate) your excellency, to a
debate with the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan before the forthcoming
elections at Chatham House where you were so obviously at ease before your
‘supporters’ and the international media.
“We wish to state further, our readiness to fully sponsor such a forum. All we
ask is that you state your preferred date and time.”

http://www.nigeriatell.com/news/i-will-pay-the-cost-jonathan-challenges-buhari-to-a-chatham-house-debate
http://abusidiqu.com/i-will-pay-the-cost-jonathan-challenges-buhari-to-a-chatham-house-debate/

1 Share

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Princecalm(m): 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
And what if he still ignores what will happen?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by rawpadgin(m): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
the grandpa ain't gat balls grin

6 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by temitemi1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
#buharicomeanddebate grin grin grin. Let's see the excuse wey buhari go give this time cool cool cool. GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
rawpadgin:
the grandpa ain't gat balls grin
If you do listen to goodluck Jonathan carefully and if you do listen to General muhammadu buhari carefully you will know that it is your clueless boss called goodluck jonathan that does not have balls infact he talks like a person that has indomie inside his brain.....

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by nnachukz(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
You people still want to find this man go Uk. He ran from the problems here and it appears u want to go and chase him away from uk with debate.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Pinkiedearie(f): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hmmmmm..
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by aresa: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
Na by force to debate?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Harryzon(m): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
pa Buhari is dead scared, he prays this time passes soon even if he loses ;Dpa Buhari is dead scared, he prays this time passes soon even if he loses

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by WisdomFlakes: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
I wish Buhari would oblige him coz I know Buhari will floor him, notwithstanding his thick Fulani accent. Buhari sounds way more eloquent, confident and Presidential (as evidenced at his q&a session at Chatham), plus he has way more charisma than GEJ any day! Not to mention his killer delivery. He would so embarrass Jonathan, it would be a massacre. Confirm!

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by lexy070(m): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari dey fear ni shebi he go school na make he go no be naija dey wan do am. Na now we go know who get certificate

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by omenka(m): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
If this is true, I wish Buhari would honour it and put this man to shame for the world to see!!

Jonathan can NEVER be coherent in his speech before a white man!

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by omenka(m): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
I wish Buhari would oblige him coz I know Buhari will floor him, notwithstanding his thick Fulani accent. Buhari sounds way more eloquent, confident and Presidential (as evidenced at his q&a session at Chatham), plus he has way more charisma than GEJ any day! Not to mention his killer delivery. He would so embarrass Jonathan, it would be a massacre. Confirm!
Exactly what I think bro!!! Oh Lawd, I desperately wish this can happen!! Jonathan would be turn to shreds before everyone's eyes!!

Jonathan can't survive for a minute in a situation where follow up questions are asked. If he thinks it's gonna be like our typical presidential media chat, ooooh, he'd be making the biggest mistake of his damn life!

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by DaBullIT(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Awon òpònú po' lorii internet gaan
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by iluvnaija: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sometimes I wonder the way people think about this debate of a thing.

We all know who ran away in 2011 because he wasn't given questions in advance.

A man who define "stealing is not corruption" as "you leave a goat a yam the goat will chop yam"

I hope Buhari debates GEJ and see who will bring shame to this nation.

GEJ is not formal in his speeches, I wonder how he got his degree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
people!

People!!

People!!!

The clueless one who ran away from 2011 debate wants to challenge the amiable general to a debate. Lol. Damn Gej really have some bad advisers
grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

shut up sef, let the man come out and debate. are you his soothsayer?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by otukpo(f): 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
The dctator still won't agree.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by CHRISTALLITE: 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Interesting!
And it would be much more nteresting!
Look forward to the match up!
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by shaqhead: 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
I dnt c ds happening as much as I wish GMB obliges GEJ n give him d trouncing of his life! Osibanjo n Sambo shd also b paired...dt one na funeral service!

Truly d PDP has become d oppostion party, look at how they are begging to hv a debate which is not a must.

GMB is nt debating!
The Chatham house speech n Q/A session is enof to skool em!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by supremus: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2015
Hm nor go go
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Bekwarra(m): 12:19am On Mar 02, 2015
A prayer for Buhari supporters: May you clock 73
years before you actualize your dreams. There's no
need to say Amen, it's sealed in heaven already. They
called us leaders of tomorrow and here we are; a 73-
year old man still dragging the future with us.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by besttrader: 12:31am On Mar 02, 2015
No need marauding our foolishness across the globe. What happens in Naija, stays in.......~~
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by rusher14: 12:32am On Mar 02, 2015
otukpo:
The dctator still won't agree.
David Mark your kinsman was his co-conspirator. When you see him call him a dictator.
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Bright4(m): 12:34am On Mar 02, 2015
If d present of GMB can make a sitting president dt is not serious for 6yrs, to b more active under 6weeks, bet me, affairs of Nigeria within a year under general, will be blessing.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nazeeboy(m): 12:55am On Mar 02, 2015
From the part where jonathan letter starts. Did he just start by calling GMB "your excellency". This shows that he is already accepting defeat from Buhari.
Re: ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nazeeboy(m): 1:02am On Mar 02, 2015
If any of them is to consult their wives on their speech, hmmm come listen to wetin jona go dey speak that day. Mrs jona words go dey interesting na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Yam, This Goat, This Country; PWC And NNPC – Part 1 By Feyi Fawehinmi / Protest Over Ogogoro Ban By Bayelsans / President Buhari Writes Article On Washington Post.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.