Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question (6150 Views)

Lagos Students Gives Nod On New Waec Policyā€ˇ / Types Of People In An Off-Campus Hostel / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by obamanuru(m): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
To The Christian Any Answer To These Questions From The Bible (pic)

I saw these picture online and I thought some of the pastors here can provide answer

The bible says Adam and Eve were the first two humans and bore Cain and Abel, after which Cain slew Abel. It then says Cain went to live among the people in the land of Nod. Where did the people in the land of Nod come from?

Note: no religious argument or bad word to each other just want to learn

1 Share

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by ammyluv2002(f): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'm here to learn

Sanchez01, please come here o grin

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Ewizard(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Wuuworld(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
Story for the gods....curiosity kills the cat.
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I'm here to learn

Sanchez01, please come here o grin
Hehehehe! The topic is somewhat tricky though... I pray God helps me out in trying to explain this.

The Bible skipped many details for reasons known. These details included the growing up of some characters, the specific number of children, the number of years when something took place. Though not all but some... For example, the Bible never told us the developmental stage of Adam when he was formed by God, i.e, we were never told if he was formed to the teen level, youth level or adult stage. We assume he was formed straight into the adult stage. Also, the Bible never specified how long Adam and Even spent in Eden before eating from the tree which caused their downfall. These are just some of the details that were skipped, probably the need to include them was not necessary.

However, the assumption seems to be that Cain and Abel were the first two children of Adam and Eve. Although Cain does seem to be the firstborn, the text is not clear that Abel was the second born, but only that he was the second son. Later, the narrative indicates that Adam and Eve produced "other sons and daughters." So, it is possible that Adam and Eve produced daughters between the births of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that others sons and daughters were produced after the birth of Abel. We don't know how old Cain and Abel were when Cain murdered his brother because that part was also skipped as many other parts in the Bible, but they seem to be at least young adults, since they are both engage in a trade for their living.

The second thing one notices is Cain's seeming paranoia about being found and revenge being taken against his for killing Abel. The only way this makes sense is if the brothers and sisters of Abel were upset that Cain had killed their brother (you could remember that he was scared that Abel might be avenged). Although the period of time between the birth of Cain and the death of Abel is not given in the Bible, it would seem that this period was probably over 100 years, since the birth of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have occurred when Adam was 130 years old. Adam and Eve could have produced many daughters during that period of time.

So, the Genesis narrative suggests that Cain had other brothers and sisters when he was exiled by God. One of those sisters married Cain (or more likely had already been married to Cain when he killed his brother), became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch somewhere east of Eden. The next problem that arises is the claim that Cain "built a city." To us, in the 21st century, this evokes images of skyscrapers and high density housing. However, the original Hebrew word, translated "city," merely had the meaning of a place that was guarded by a watch or with a wall. At its minimum, the Hebrew root referred to an encampment or post. So, it is entirely possible that Cain could have built such a "city."

Skeptics have pointed out that the only viable solution to the problem of Cain's wife (Cain marrying his sister) suffers from theological problems, since close relations were not allowed to marry according to Jewish law. However, all of these events happened before the law was given. According to the Apostle Paul, when there is no law, there can be no violation of the law or sin. So, since the law against incest was not given until thousands of years later, there was no theological problem with Cain marrying his sister.

Just like Cain took one of his sisters for a wife, it would have been possible that the other sons did the same and made for themselves a settlement which was described as a 'city' in the Bible. Just like I pointed out above, the 'city', according to Jewish traditions them, was a settlement of people which is fenced or properly defended from outsiders. So it could be right to say that was the say thing the Bible referred to but the use of the word 'city' is wrongly rendered, obviously, because it does not project the proper mental image of a city in our minds.

Conclusively, inbreeding was not condemned until thousands of years later after the laws were made, and that best explain how the descendants of Adam were able to multiply. smiley

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by thorpido(m): 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sanchez01:

Hehehehe! The topic is somewhat tricky though... I pray God helps me out in trying to explain this.

The Bible skipped many details for reasons known. These details included the growing up of some characters, the specific number of children, the number of years when something took place. Though not all but some... For example, the Bible never told us the developmental stage of Adam when he was formed by God, i.e, we were never told if he was formed to the teen level, youth level or adult stage. We assume he was formed straight into the adult stage. Also, the Bible never specified how long Adam and Even spent in Eden before eating from the tree which caused their downfall. These are just some of the details that were skipped, probably the need to include them was not necessary.

However, the assumption seems to be that Cain and Abel were the first two children of Adam and Eve. Although Cain does seem to be the firstborn, the text is not clear that Abel was the second born, but only that he was the second son. Later, the narrative indicates that Adam and Eve produced "other sons and daughters." So, it is possible that Adam and Eve produced daughters between the births of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that others sons and daughters were produced after the birth of Abel. We don't know how old Cain and Abel were when Cain murdered his brother because that part was also skipped as many other parts in the Bible, but they seem to be at least young adults, since they are both engage in a trade for their living.

The second thing one notices is Cain's seeming paranoia about being found and revenge being taken against his for killing Abel. The only way this makes sense is if the brothers and sisters of Abel were upset that Cain had killed their brother (you could remember that he was scared that Abel might be avenged). Although the period of time between the birth of Cain and the death of Abel is not given in the Bible, it would seem that this period was probably over 100 years, since the birth of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have occurred when Adam was 130 years old. Adam and Eve could have produced many daughters during that period of time.

So, the Genesis narrative suggests that Cain had other brothers and sisters when he was exiled by God. One of those sisters married Cain (or more likely had already been married to Cain when he killed his brother), became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch somewhere east of Eden. The next problem that arises is the claim that Cain "built a city." To us, in the 21st century, this evokes images of skyscrapers and high density housing. However, the original Hebrew word, translated "city," merely had the meaning of a place that was guarded by a watch or with a wall. At its minimum, the Hebrew root referred to an encampment or post. So, it is entirely possible that Cain could have built such a "city."

Skeptics have pointed out that the only viable solution to the problem of Cain's wife (Cain marrying his sister) suffers from theological problems, since close relations were not allowed to marry according to Jewish law. However, all of these events happened before the law was given. According to the Apostle Paul, when there is no law, there can be no violation of the law or sin. So, since the law against incest was not given until thousands of years later, there was no theological problem with Cain marrying his sister.

Just like Cain took one of his sisters for a wife, it would have been possible that the other sons did the same and made for themselves a settlement which was described as a 'city' in the Bible. Just like I pointed out above, the 'city', according to Jewish traditions them, was a settlement of people which is fenced or properly defended from outsiders. So it could be right to say that was the say thing the Bible referred to but the use of the word 'city' is wrongly rendered, obviously, because it does not project the proper mental image of a city in our minds.

Conclusively, inbreeding was not condemned until thousands of years later after the laws were made, and that best explain how the descendants of Adam were able to multiply. smiley
You get an A from me for this.
People read the bible literarily and conclude.They forget to think about chronology and the fact that a lot of things were skipped obviously because it would have made the volume of the book too enormous.
That is why the bible admonishes us to 'study' and not just 'read'.

15 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Joeself1(m): 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Questions for the gods
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
thorpido:
People read the bible literarily and conclude.They forget to think about chronology and the fact that a lot of things were skipped obviously because it would have made the volume of the book too enormous.
Thanks smiley

4 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by ammyluv2002(f): 6:40am On Mar 02, 2015
thorpido:
Yeah, he got an A too from me! grin

3 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by AJOT99(m): 6:44am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

The Bible skipped many details for reasons known. These details included the growing up of some characters, the specific number of children, the number of years when something took place. Though not all but some... For example, the Bible never told us the developmental stage of Adam when he was formed by God, i.e, we were never told if he was formed to the teen level, youth level oradult stage. We assume he was formed straight into the adult stage. Also, the Bible never specified how long Adam and Even spent in Eden before eating from the tree which caused their downfall. These are just some of the details that were skipped, probably the need to include them was not necessary.

Bros na Pastor u be or theologian?

3 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 7:30am On Mar 02, 2015
AJOT99:

Bros na Pastor u be or theologian?
Hahahaha! No ooo... None of the above, maybe for now. I'm just some guy given to studysmiley.

2 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Yeah, he got an A too from me! grin
smiley

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

I concour to your assertions sanchez! cain married his sister. More grace sir.

2 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by benuejosh: 8:05am On Mar 02, 2015
the question no be here o.
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by okiemuteokiss(f): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Are u a Jehovah witness?
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by timmy2409(m): 9:16am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Cain procreating with his sister not only suffers from theological problems, but from biological ones. Anyone with a fair grasp of biology will tell you that it is genetically impossible for two individuals alone to have populated the human species as we have it today. Besides the increased proliferation of genetic defects among the resultant offspring after the first generation, (which I would think that God wouldn't want for his people), there's also the problem of diversity. Are you telling me that two individuals alone are responsible for all the races we see in the world today, and only within about 6000 years? Yeah, think again.

Some other Christians have tried to resolve this issue by saying that Adam and Eve were not the only humans that Yahweh created, but only the first. This however also runs into its own problems. Since these other creations were not privy to the original sin event, that implies that the sin-from-birth doctrine does not apply to the entire human population, but to only those related by blood to both Adam and Eve. On a side note, the whole original sin story itself is just obtuse. If eating the forbidden fruit was really what gave Adam and Eve the ability to distinguish right from wrong, then it was unjust for God to punish them for actions taken before they had such knowledge, and assuming God is indeed omniscient and knows the end from the beginning, then it seems completely bizarre and cruel for God to have set up this strange game in the first place. Anyway I digress...

You said that inbreeding was fine because God had not made a law against it yet. OK. Recall that Jesus supposedly came to abolish the law right? (Ephesians 2:13-15, Hebrews 7:18-19). So why are you not steady banging your sister? It seems to me that Christians will sanction the most ridiculous things to maintain the piety of their God and ignore the glaring irrationality of their beliefs. Why did God kill 42 teenagers for calling a prophet bald (which he was, presumably)? "That was in those days.." Why did God sanction the murder of entire populations of humans that he created just because they weren't Israelites? "That was in those days.." How about all the ridiculous restrictions on foods, meats, clothing, as well as the laws allowing the burning, stoning and enslavement of others? "That was in those days.."

The truth is that the bible is a collection of millenia old Jewish myths, a lot of which were gathered through contact with various ancient peoples. The story of Noah's Ark, for example, was adapted from a Mesopotamian myth called the Epic of Gilgamesh, which was written centuries before anything in the bible ever was. These stories are no different from the stories of Oduduwa of the Yoruba tribe or what-have-you from other ethnicities. If you anchor your worldview on such specious stories, then you will continue asking questions like this, while your mates in other climes solve the complex scientific issues that ensure the survival of our species in this universe.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by AJOT99(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Hahahaha! No ooo... None of the above, maybe for now. I'm just some guy given to studysmiley.

Nice explanation

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Philipsdael(m): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

In other words, the Bible drinbled and derailed us with the wrongful or myopic use of that word "city".
Or you are the one trying to brainwash us with what you wish.
#TryAgain (crown-cork)
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 10:38am On Mar 02, 2015
okiemuteokiss:

Are u a Jehovah witness?
Lolz... I'm not at all. Did I sound like one?
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 11:51am On Mar 02, 2015
timmy2409:
Cain procreating with his sister not only suffers from theological problems, but from biological ones. Anyone with a fair grasp of biology will tell you that it is genetically impossible for two individuals alone to have populated the human species as we have it today. Besides the increased proliferation of genetic defects among the resultant offspring after the first generation, (which I would think that God wouldn't want for his people), there's also the problem of diversity. Are you telling me that two individuals alone are responsible for all the races we see in the world today, and only within about 6000 years? Yeah, think again.
Permit me to say this, your argument seems strong but it's not because you eventually answered some of the questions yourself. Lemme explain

Even your biology till tomorrow cannot tell me how the self-procreating Amoeba would split itself in two so as to birth a new life. Biology knows the process but not the origin. Such is the power of God.

@the bolded, the concept of diversity is duly narrated in the Bible, "The Tower of Babel". God's plan for man, according to Genesis is that man should 'be fruitful and MULTPLY and SUBDUE the earth'. With that in mind, the descendants of Adam, to Cain, to Seth the other son of Adam, to Enoch the son of Cain, and to Noah et al, followed an order such that populating the earth seemed like their primary assignment.

Back to the diversity, men went against God without knowing it; he wanted them at every nook and cranny of the world but they gathered themselves in a spot. Note that Gen 11:1-9 described the situation as "the whole world had a language and a common speech" until God caused great confusion among them, each one going the way of a fellow speaker. This explains the diversity in speech. To that of race and colour, your Biology possess the answer without hitch. genetics and the environment played an important role in making this possible. Just like there were no explicit details about this, you'd agree with me that certain factors in the human genetic code is capable of bringing about variations to an individual's body. Biologists believe man is the most destructive force in the world! Why do you think this is so? Simple! He has the ability to adapt, procreate and destroy other life source as a means of sustenance.

Some other Christians have tried to resolve this issue by saying that Adam and Eve were not the only humans that Yahweh created, but only the first. This however also runs into its own problems. Since these other creations were not privy to the original sin event, that implies that the sin-from-birth doctrine does not apply to the entire human population, but to only those related by blood to both Adam and Eve. On a side note, the whole original sin story itself is just obtuse. If eating the forbidden fruit was really what gave Adam and Eve the ability to distinguish right from wrong, then it was unjust for God to punish them for actions taken before they had such knowledge, and assuming God is indeed omniscient and knows the end from the beginning, then it seems completely bizarre and cruel for God to have set up this strange game in the first place. Anyway I digress...
Your first two sentences is unscriptural and pure heresy. God's first created being is Adam and the second is Eve. Other than these two, all others are unscriptural and false. God's statement reads, "Let us make MAN (not MEN) in our image." Hence, the need to explain 'these other beings' are not required. When the Bible describes us of possessing the Adamic nature, it solely implies we were conceived via sin and in sin. Via sin in this regard would be the inbreeding of the sons of our founding father (Adam). Of all births, this is why the Scriptures describe the birth of Christ as that which was done without sin. Sin never referred to sex but the fact that somehow, we share the same blood. Quite disturbing but true. You sound like an Atheist and I refused to be dragged into the formation of the tree in the garden. I would have gladly love to explain it though but I fear it could digress this thread.

You said that inbreeding was fine because God had not made a law against it yet. OK. Recall that Jesus supposedly came to abolish the law right? (Ephesians 2:13-15, Hebrews 7:18-19). So why are you not steady banging your sister? It seems to me that Christians will sanction the most ridiculous things to maintain the piety of their God and ignore the glaring irrationality of their beliefs. Why did God kill 42 teenagers for calling a prophet bald (which he was, presumably)? "That was in those days.." Why did God sanction the murder of entire populations of humans that he created just because they weren't Israelites? "That was in those days.." How about all the ridiculous restrictions on foods, meats, clothing, as well as the laws allowing the burning, stoning and enslavement of others? "That was in those days.."
Note, I did not say it was, I said it wasn't termed to be a sin since there was no law to tackle it. And to think that you typed that above that Jesus came to abolish the law is disturbing. Matt 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." With that noted, your claim of peitiness is dead on arrival. God DID NOT kill the teenagers you mentioned, Elisha did. Having gained the double portion of Elijah's power and being an easily angered man, he was swift to use the power bestowed on him by Elijah. The others you mentioned were what made the era of Law. The judgment was instant and God's judgement was instant. Christ came under the umbrella of Grace to put an end to that. Why? those who were cautious not to commit sin under the Law were not afraid of God rather they were afraid of the judgement. This was corrected under Grace as people worked out their Salvation in fear, all thanks to the Holy Spirit which was exclusive to just a number of people in the old testament.
The truth is that the bible is a collection of millenia old Jewish myths, a lot of which were gathered through contact with various ancient peoples. The story of Noah's Ark, for example, was adapted from a Mesopotamian myth called the Epic of Gilgamesh, which was written centuries before anything in the bible ever was. These stories are no different from the stories of Oduduwa of the Yoruba tribe or what-have-you from other ethnicities. If you anchor your worldview on such specious stories, then you will continue asking questions like this, while your mates in other climes solve the complex scientific issues that ensure the survival of our species in this universe.
If only you could yield in study then it would all come together. God cannot be reasoned out. That best explains why Science is way back when it comes to religious issues, particularly Christianity.

Conclusively: The same inbreeding that took place during the time of Cain was also acted out during Lot's time. While it may not have been to populate the earth like that of Cain. Lot's daughters must have saw nothing wrong with the act and again, this best explains the assertion of the Law, sin and Grace as the daughters, as we were told repeatedly took turns in sleeping with their father I hope this makes sense to you. (Modified: EmmySparky and akinsadeez, thanks for the pointer. Again, I'm sorry about the mistake smiley)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by golddeejay(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2015
exactly...this kind of question has bn on my mind for a while. After cain killed abel and God wanted to send him away to another, he told God anyone that sees in on his journey will kill him and God answered if anyone killed him, he will take 7 lives in his stead. So where these people originate from, since Adam and eve gave birth to cain and abel. But christian folks i kno always get sentimental if ask a question abt bible and christianity they dont have answers to. They believe u just have to accept everyth u read like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
The BLACK RACE/PEOPLE..
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by dulux07(m): 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Its very easy, adam n eve wer d FIRST humans to be created, n not the ONLY humans created.
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by EmmySparky(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

...choi...this is the best write up I have seen on nairaland...bro ur IQ is very high...thumbs up bro

2 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by EmmySparky(m): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Permit me to say this, your argument seems strong but it's not because you eventually answered some of the questions yourself. Lemme explain

Even your biology till tomorrow cannot tell me how the self-procreating Amoeba would split itself in two so as to birth a new life. Biology knows the process but not the origin. Such is the power of God.

@the bolded, the concept of diversity is duly narrated in the Bible, "The Tower of Babel". God's plan for man, according to Genesis is that man should 'be fruitful and MULTPLY and SUBDUE the earth'. With that in mind, the descendants of Adam, to Cain, to Seth the other son of Adam, to Enoch the son of Cain, and to Noah et al, followed an order such that populating the earth seemed like their primary assignment.

Back to the diversity, men went against God without knowing it; he wanted them at every nook and cranny of the world but they gathered themselves in a spot. Note that Gen 11:1-9 described the situation as "the whole world had a language and a common speech" until God caused great confusion among them, each one going the way of a fellow speaker. This explains the diversity in speech. To that of race and colour, your Biology possess the answer without hitch. genetics and the environment played an important role in making this possible. Just like there were no explicit details about this, you'd agree with me that certain factors in the human genetic code is capable of bringing about variations to an individual's body. Biologists believe man is the most destructive force in the world! Why do you think this is so? Simple! He has the ability to adapt, procreate and destroy other life source as a means of sustenance.

Your first two sentences is unscriptural and pure heresy. God's first created being is Adam and the second is Eve. Other than these two, all others are unscriptural and false. God's statement reads, "Let us make MAN (not MEN) in our image." Hence, the need to explain 'these other beings' are not required. When the Bible describes us of possessing the Adamic nature, it solely implies we were conceived via sin and in sin. Via sin in this regard would be the inbreeding of the sons of our founding father (Adam). Of all births, this is why the Scriptures describe the birth of Christ as that which was done without sin. Sin never referred to sex but the fact that somehow, we share the same blood. Quite disturbing but true. You sound like an Atheist and I refused to be dragged into the formation of the tree in the garden. I would have gladly love to explain it though but I fear it could digress this thread.

Note, I did not say it was, I said it wasn't termed to be a sin since there was no law to tackle it. And to think that you typed that above that Jesus came to abolish the law is disturbing. Matt 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." With that noted, your claim of peitiness is dead on arrival. God DID NOT kill the teenagers you mentioned, Elisha did. Having gained the double portion of Elijah's power and being an easily angered man, he was swift to use the power bestowed on him by Elijah. The others you mentioned were what made the era of Law. The judgment was instant and God's judgement was instant. Christ came under the umbrella of Grace to put an end to that. Why? those who were cautious not to commit sin under the Law were not afraid of God rather they were afraid of the judgement. This was corrected under Grace as people worked out their Salvation in fear, all thanks to the Holy Spirit which was exclusive to just a number of people in the old testament.

If only you could yield in study then it would all come together. God cannot be reasoned out. That best explains why Science is way back when it comes to religious issues, particularly Christianity.

Conclusively: The same inbreeding that took place during the time of Cain was also adopted in populating the earth after the earth was flooded. Noah's family was the only family that was spared but his daughters got him drunk and slept with him in turn so as to fill the earth. I hope this makes sense to you.
it wasn't noah but LOT....
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by mu2sa2: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
Philipsdael:

In other words, the Bible drinbled and derailed us with the wrongful or myopic use of that word "city".
Or you are the one trying to brainwash us with what you wish.
#TryAgain (crown-cork)
When "word of god" is silent about something man supplies the missing links and want us to believe everything! Where does the "word of god" end and word of man begin in all the mumbo jumbo in @ sanchez01's post?

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Philipsdael(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
mu2sa2:
When "word of god" is silent about something man supplies the missing links and want us to believe everything! Where does the "word of god" end and word of man begin in all the mumbo jumbo in @ sanchez01's post?
Mofo
Ask me again.
Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by akinsadeez(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Conclusively: The same inbreeding that took place during the time of Cain was also adopted in populating the earth after the earth was flooded. Noah's family was the only family that was spared but his daughters got him drunk and slept with him in turn so as to fill the earth. I hope this makes sense to you.

This your conclusion is not in my own Bible o. lol. Noah went into the ark with his three sons and their wives. After the flood all the sons of Noah had children born unto them by their wives so inbreeding was not adopted 'in populating the earth' after the flood.
It was Lot whose daughters slept with in order to get pregnant and it wasn't to 'populate the earth'. At that time Abraham, his family and many other people (including the people of Gerar) were alive. In fact the bible records it that God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot's daughters slept with him because they were in an area of d earth where there wasn't any man around to lie with them. Read Genesis 19:30 downwards.
I believe you just made a mistake sha. I don't think you would deliberately twist or change d Bible to support your points.

1 Like

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
akinsadeez:

This your conclusion is not in my own Bible o. lol. Noah went into the ark with his three sons and their wives. After the flood all the sons of Noah had children born unto them by their wives so inbreeding was not adopted 'in populating the earth' after the flood.
It was Lot whose daughters slept with in order to get pregnant and it wasn't to 'populate the earth'. At that time Abraham, his family and many other people (including the people of Gerar) were alive. In fact the bible records it that God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot's daughters slept with him because they were in an area of d earth where there wasn't any man around to lie with them. Read Genesis 19:30 downwards.
I believe you just made a mistake sha. I don't think you would deliberately twist or change d Bible to support your points.
I made a very grave mistake there... Sorry. You're right and I have no interest in 'twisting' the scriptures to support my claim. I'm really sorry about that. And thanks for the correction smiley

3 Likes

Re: The People In The Land Of Nod: Bible Question by Sanchez01: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
EmmySparky:
it wasn't noah but LOT....
It was an error. I'm sorry smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Was What I Got After 5 Years In UNIBEN / ASUU Calls Off The Strike / How To Calculate Post UTME Admission Screening Scores For All Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.