Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja (20725 Views)

Water Scarcity Hits Calabar / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120 / Water Scarcity Hits Jonathan’s Otuoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by ebukadrums009(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

You bought a loaf of bread at #50 and still expect to pay same 10yrs later, Bros, its seems you missed your econs class.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by FemiFaniKayode: 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nigerians should be patient my mentor and our messiah is trying to take subsidy out as his oil thieves friends ve chop belle ful

We are projecting fuel will be #130/litre then i swear if he doesnt turn Nigeria to Las Vegas make una call me bastard
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by tsdarkside(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
slim147:

In the past fuel scarcity was like saying Super Eagles Went to a World Cup competition but didn't win any silverware. But now, fuel scarcity is like saying , Arsenal Beat Man UTD 8-2 lol... Fuel scarcity has suddenly become a news. To be honest, we are gradually getting there.. Boko Haram is gradually becoming a thing of the past. Our federal roads and railways are starting to make sense , as soon as BH is completely gone , I'm sure next will be Power Supply , God is on our Side . And sorry, it will take years and years to perfect Nigeria.. Nobody, Not even you and I can perfect Nigeria Over night . We just need continuity.. Prayer is all i think Jonathan needs as there are lots of deamons trying to tarnish and throw his name to the mud .

i dont calculate in prayers,,,i calculate in reality.... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Ikegift4real(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
najoke:

You are obviously still living with your parents............cos you cant tell me you are not feeling the impact of the scarcity.

sorry to disapiont u. am a graduate n I am a working class citizen.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
stupidity and greediness is killing naija; must scarcity lead to high pump price, i wasnt happy yesterday when i got mine at 100naira in ogun state
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by buJu234: 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
fuel is cheap all over the world na... why scarcity now..

fighting corruption is where i support the Buhari person; but not Tinubu & Amaechi..; nor even GEJ

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by najoke: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ikegift4real:

sorry to disapiont u. am a graduate n I am a working class citizen.
Now I am more disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by dunkem21(m): 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
I noticed this trend last week in Owerri.

They just refused to sell fuel and some people insisted it was politically motivated. I didn't understand how, till it happened in Lagos state ..and seeing comments from NL, my thinking cap came on.

The opposition wants to play out a fuel scarcity game to discredit GEJ.

#Never Again.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Berem you should call a spade a spade, we've never had it this good. I remember spending hours at petrol stations in the past, we seldom have that now.

I live in a country that doesn't produce a fraction of the oil Nigeria produces - yet I have never waited more than 10minutes at the plethora of stations available to me neither has the cost deviated to that extent for the past 5 years.

The spade you should be calling GEJ is a nimwit, whether fuel scarcity happens daily or on occasion the recurrence is ridiculous in its entirety. It's a result of having a clueless govenment that feel no sense of responsibility to the citizens they govern.

Stop praising mediocrity and demand your government deliver, this isn't acceptable anywhere outside of Nigeria why are you taking it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by MissOpe(f): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
PLEASE DEAR( YES I MEAN YOU)....KINDLY HELP A SISTER WIN A COMPETITIOM BY SIMPLY LIKING HER POST...HERE'S A LINK TO THE POST.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1615311108701321&id=1603852676513831&refid=17
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by igbsam(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Compared to the past, you would agree the fed govt has almost eliminated the need for endless stay at petrol stations.

It can't be done on in 4yrs what took decades to decay, a lot needs to be done, but we're getting there.

You people should keep deceiving yourselves with the "It can't be done in 4yrs" I just pity your generation. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by profmallory(m): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Delafruita:
what sort of senseless argument is this.i had to queue for three hours to buy fuel at 100naira per litre and you expect me to be happy because i queued in time past to buy it at 43naira or 65naira?are you alright at all?

Pls tell him o, added to the fact that crude price has dropped internationally.. Every other country is buying it cheaper except Jona's Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Elypsis(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Berem you should call a spade a spade, we've never had it this good. I remember spending hours at petrol stations in the past, we seldom have that now.
jst listen to ursef and check if those words of urs sound sweet 2 d ears....make una jst vote any1 wey una like,as for me I aint casting a vote...am jst tired of voting

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Elypsis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
dunkem21:
I noticed this trend last week in Owerri.

They just refused to sell fuel and some people insisted it was politically motivated. I didn't understand how, till it happened in Lagos state ..and seeing comments from NL, my thinking cap came on.

The opposition wants to play out a fuel scarcity game to discredit GEJ.

#Never Again.
iwo gor sha.. Oti gor ju.....haba

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
On an unrelated note - whats the Nigerian attitude towards diesel? Do people like it?

Is diesel also affected during fuel scarcity? is it cheaper or more expensive back home?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by TristanReveur: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

You bought a loaf of bread at #50 and still expect to pay same 10yrs later, Bros, its seems you missed your econs class.

Don't confuse the issues my friend. What we're experiencing in Nigeria today is high cost of living as against the marginal increase in the price of commodoties your describing. Over 16 years since 1999, it has gotten progressively worse. Food security at record levels is phoney. Fuel availability at the highest prices EVER in our history is poison.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
eledalo:

You claim fuel scarcity is a thing of the past. The topic you are responding to has directly faulted your argument. Which superior argument do you want again? No need for answer pls, I will not read it. Tnx
tbh we never had it this good.Did you check of it was the mkters who had artificial scarcity of peteol into the mkt?.In the uk sometimes two to 5 stations do t jave fuel.pump will ne locked.So basicaly its the fault of the mkter cos they are the o es who refuse to sell fuel amd lock ip jst cos they jeard rumoirs dollars gonna go up or importers want to increase price etc.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
....& it's foul air till march 28! #CHANGE IS INEVITABLE!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by TristanReveur: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Change2015:
Pdp really knows how to run a good campaign... for the opposition! Ffk over to you for explanation or abuse. Another thing our capable leader didn't see coming, fuel scarcity in the middle of an election. Well done.

#change
#GMB
#APC

#ArgueLikeFFK
The reasons for this fuel scarcity include...Tinubu has mouth odour, Rotimi Amaechi used to wear one shirt before, I used to Bleep the Igbo pride Bianca...she was a moaner. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

tbh we never had it this good.Did you check of it was the mkters who had artificial scarcity of peteol into the mkt?.In the uk sometimes two to 5 stations do t jave fuel.pump will ne locked.So basicaly its the fault of the mkter cos they are the o es who refuse to sell fuel amd lock ip jst cos they jeard rumoirs dollars gonna go up or importers want to increase price etc.

you are having a laugh and a joke at the same time?

UK where? Please go and sit down somewhere. Where have you ever heard of long queues for fuel at ridiculous prices?

in a 2mile radius of where I live there are over 7 stations that I know of from the top of my head (meaning there is probably more that I don't) most are 24hrs and they dont even close on Sundays. Prices of fuel are tightly regulated and we're not faced with having to go to one black market or the other for fuel.

In a country with adequate supply how will any marketer hold the population to ransom? Please gerrout.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by jpphilips(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

I live in a country that doesn't produce a fraction of the oil Nigeria produces - yet I have never waited more than 10minutes at the plethora of stations available to me neither has the cost deviated to that extent for the past 5 years.

The spade you should be calling GEJ is a nimwit, whether fuel scarcity happens daily or on occasion the recurrence is ridiculous in its entirety. It's a result of having a clueless govenment that feel no sense of responsibility to the citizens they govern.

Stop praising mediocrity and demand your government deliver, this isn't acceptable anywhere outside of Nigeria why are you taking it?

grin grin grin Glad you appreciate the pap heads in that cesspit called Nigeria, funny enough, while living in their curse they call on god who most likely is on vacation in Europe.
If god really cared about Nigeria, he wouldn't have concentrated the highest number of black nitwits in her population.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by blackandbold: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God for GEJ, fuel scarcity used to be daily occurrence with past governments.
chai...I never knew people with down syndrome exist on nairaland until I saw ur post.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by blackandbold: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GEJ IS TRULY WORKING grin MANY OF THOSE IN THE QUEUE WILL STILL ARGUE THAT THIS GOVERNMENT IS TRANSFORMING THEIR LIVES. LAST YR THERE WAS A CHEAP CAMPAIGN BY PDP THAT NIGERIANS NO LONGER QUEUE FOR FUEL UNDER GEJ. I GUESS THOSE IN THIS PICTURE ARE QUEUING FOR VISA grin

GEJ SCAMMING THE IGBO'S WITH EMPTY PROMISES SINCE 2011

sai Buhari,

The incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria cool
llmao.fuel scarcity. .GEJ is transforming....job scarcity...GEJ is transforming...money scarcity. .GEj is transforming....etc.may God transform the lives of Tanoids the way Jonathan is transforming nigeria in jesus name
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

you are having a laugh and a joke at the same time?

UK where? Please go and sit down somewhere. Where have you ever heard of long queues for fuel at ridiculous prices?

in a 2mile radius of where I live there are over 7 stations that I know of from the top of my head (meaning there is probably more that I don't) most are 24hrs and they dont even close on Sundays. Prices of fuel are tightly regulated and we're not faced with having to go to one black market or the other for fuel.

In a country with adequate supply how will any marketer hold the population to ransom? Please gerrout.
where did I mention long queue?Il If you drive in the uk and get to one of thise petrol station and U see a yellow flap on the pump.it means they ran out of petrol or diesel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Bolade005: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
It's really terrible in Abk. Most filling stations are not selling and those selling, there are massive queues there but luckily for me today I was able to fill my car and buy 25litres worth of petrol at #87 at one coded filling station...there was no queue then, don't know about now.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by olas24u(f): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
grin
steppin:

The mofo no go secondary school like Buhari.
grin You turn economics upside down
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Bolade005:
It's really terrible in Abk. Most filling stations are not selling and those selling, there are massive queues there but luckily for me today I was able to fill my car and buy 25litres worth of petrol at #87 at one coded filling station...there was no queue then, don't know about now.
so guy fuel realy scarxe or nah marketers dey code fuel?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by james2man: 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
slim147:

In the past fuel scarcity was like saying Super Eagles Went to a World Cup competition but didn't win any silverware. But now, fuel scarcity is like saying , Arsenal Beat Man UTD 8-2 lol... Fuel scarcity has suddenly become a news. To be honest, we are gradually getting there.. Boko Haram is gradually becoming a thing of the past. Our federal roads and railways are starting to make sense , as soon as BH is completely gone , I'm sure next will be Power Supply , God is on our Side . And sorry, it will take years and years to perfect Nigeria.. Nobody, Not even you and I can perfect Nigeria Over night . We just need continuity.. Prayer is all i think Jonathan needs as there are lots of deamons trying to tarnish and throw his name to the mud .

Very funny... You can become a prayer warrior for Gej or form a prayer group for him since that's your opinion. Maybe the military in sambisa fighting boko haram physically in reality is also an element of prayer you're talking about? Social problems are happening in reality and it is expected of him(Gej) to find a lasting solution to it has the president, you're talking about praying for him. You can go on mountain if you like.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by olas24u(f): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

The exchange rate is going up and not coming down ,any normal business person will keep and sell it at a later date ,since it projected to go to 300 to a dollar under GeJ.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Bolade005: 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

There is fuel scarcity for real but these filling stations have these fuel, maybe not in abundance but they have it and are not selling for reasons I am not privy to but if you know somebody, they will open up their gate and sell for you.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
san316:
I wonder who is responsible. we are spending more on TP these days. what is happening.

The government in cahoots with the people known as the system. The government for not keeping out of buying and selling and the people's lust for price control and subsidies. Free market is the only solution. It is one helluva painful innoculation but it eliminates a myriad of economic diseases. If the APC promises to liberalise the oil market, close down the NNPC and restrict government's footprint to the DPR alone then I miight just ignore my other reservations with government and the Nigerian system and get myself a PVC or whatever the voter's card is called.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by mickyarams: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Fuel scarcity in an oil producing nation. Shame!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption – Aribisala / Quit Notice: Arewa Youths/igbo Leaders Peace Parley Deadlock / Sagay: Buhari’s Critics Over Dead Men’s Appointment Are Lilliputians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.