Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed (7449 Views)

A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by alfchye(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2009
Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro soup?ladies your advice needed
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2009
this one be out of topic naaa. U should post this in the Cooking/food section instead of the jokes section.

Anyways, yes, its possible to cook chicken in Okro Soup and even if no one ever did cook chicken in Okro Soup, no harm trying out new things don't you think so? Its good to explore and see and learn for yourself naaa.

Like me, I dey mix tea and orange and beer and cookm in duck. Or roasted duck and ice cream. It sounds like urgh! but its tasty though. . . . .
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2009
gabry,

Haba u be professional cook, I give you award ohhhh well don.

@poster,

Abeg e dey possible but e no make sense. if you want cook okro make you use goat, cow or bush meat cook am
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 3:11am On Jan 12, 2009
Heheheheh! Wassup bro, its been long since i last saw you. so I hope you are still that dsame old militant  tongue

cook? Yeah. . . sure. something to explore and learn daily especially when you find your own recipe's and also explore and savour every single ingredients in your taste bud. grin kiss

Poster, I have just done a recipe last night.
Okro and bak choy (or any leafy veg) - I slice them to small pieces
Chicken must be in big pieces with its bones (Like when you cut the whole chicken to fricase style and from the four parts you chop all fours to half or 3 parts. Not more than that) - Boil em in water and take out chicken and put em one side (The water is use as a chicken stock)
The chicken which I have boiled just now needed to be fried in the frying pan till crispy Golden brown
Tomatoes and Chillies - to be blended to puree
------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, you make the soup
Take a pot and heat it up. Put in a little oil
Put in chop garlic and onions (stir fried till brown)
Put in tomato and chili puree
Put in chicken stock
Put in okro and leafy veg
Put in Fried chickens
salt and pepper for taste
Simmer it a little

because am 1/2 chinese, i usually like to chop spring onions or better coriander to the dish.  grin

And if I feel white, i dey put rosemary and oregano which will enhance and bring out the flavours in the stew which is tomato based.

I go make pounded yam or suji to eat with the soup. And if lets say the people dey say they are hungry that time, I go make jolof rice. Hmmmm. . . .   sad
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 3:12am On Jan 12, 2009
but poster, I think what would be best is that you mix Chicken adn Beef togetha!!!! With Okro! That would be great naaa smiley
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by romsky: 10:26am On Jan 12, 2009
Gabry una 2 okro no be same tyn o
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2009
But Okro means ladies finger right?
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2009
@gab

It been a long time. I went kidnapping, and can you imagine that i kidnapped the same ABINO three times angry angry angry, the funiest thing be say i think say i don hammer, not knowing say na pako. and the mumu guy just dey finish my food, I will soon quit. how u dey
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2009
Why do you want to disturb the albino for? Leave da albino alone jor. . . . angry And who be da albino sef?

I dey fine sha. How was your Chirstmas and New Year? grin
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by tytylayor: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2009
gabrywyl:

But Okro means ladies finger right?

cheesy cheesy
which of d fingers? d mid finger or which one? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

oooooooo Gaby cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
This one no be Okro AKA Ladies Finger?

Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by clemcykul(f): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2009
@topic
sure u can smiley
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by romsky: 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2009
nil
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by clemcykul(f): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2009
that was mean
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by romsky: 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
& u tink i could be dat mean
well i was quotin wat she said in another thread 4 benefits of those who didnt see it i will modify sha
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by spenchuks(m): 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
me sef dey chop okro soup and chicken now cool
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2009
@spenchuks
abeg give me small,

@gab

I was looking for money to do xmas, so i go catch the albino. no be my fault, or should i come and kidnap you?
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by mykali(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2009
guyz, i look like am lost. can someone take me to the jokes sexion please, a handsome rewards awaits u. sad
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by dani1luv: 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2009
go bak 2 ur village
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by mykali(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2009
daniel, is it I that u talk to? angry
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
@mykali
This is the soup section of the joke section, so welcome on board
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by mykali(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2009
hmmm, no wonder i smell all this delirious mixture. what we call ''ngwo ngwo'' in my native language. . . sad
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 1:10am On Jan 13, 2009
Chidi Militant,

So you're the culprit in kidnapping albinos and sellin them to South Africa. . . . . . . I will tell Goodass say you are the bad bad villain! U no well atall! I no want to friend you and share my choc milk with you anymore! hMMMM!!!!! angry
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2009
Gab.

Wetin do you eh? I dey do my job make i 4 hammer now. abi u know understand?
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2009
I no like you go torture people like that naaa. . . . angry Change job abeg! angry
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2009
We dey give dem food well well, Na because that the same albino dey always pass where i dey.
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2009
but afta that you go sluaghter them right? sad
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by clemcykul(f): 11:26am On Jan 13, 2009
@romade
*winks*
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Ben13: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2009
@Clemcy
*Grins*
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by chidipupay(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2009
@gabrywyl
Noooo, we no dey sluaghter anybody oh

We go demand for cash, and then we go release dem
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by Gabry(f): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2009
shocked shocked shocked So u kidnap them for ransom money?

Do you live in Delta or wetin? angry
Re: Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed by romsky: 9:57am On Jan 14, 2009
who told u kidnapping is done in Delta state
its d Niger- Delta pipul

(1) (2) (Reply)

SuperYum Cakes & Bakes★★★★★ / How Enjoyable Is Heaven Without Food? / If Your Boyfriend Can Cook Better Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.