Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

“he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe (1825 Views)

Mr Ibu Offers To Sponsor One Of Muna Obiekwe's Children / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death / ‘i’m Alive And Well By His Grace’ – Muna Obiekwe Responds To Death Rumours... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by vjsmiles: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2015
[b] Veteran actor Jibola Dabo talks career challenges, controversial gay scene with late actor Muna Obiekwe in interview with Punch, see excerpts from interview below.

Which movie would you say has been your most challenging?

I hate to advertise for any movie and I believe every movie I have been a part of has been challenging in several ways. However, the movie that I had to put extra effort is also the movie I hate the most, ‘Dirty Secrets.’ I played a role that is totally different from who I am in reality. I hate the character I played and for me to do it well, I had to become the character. I had to hate myself while doing so. It was bad. After the movie, I had to keep telling myself that the character I portrayed was not who I am.

Have you watched the movie?

I don’t want to see it. I have been asked if I could play such a role again and I told them ‘yes’ but only if I have access to the post-production stage. There are some things that should have been edited in the movie that were not removed. There are some things an actor would do to make his acting real that should be edited but they released the movie like that. It was so raw and it was terrible for them to put everything out there.

You acted alongside the late Muna Obiekwe in the movie you’re talking about

I felt sad about it. But the young man had been sad for a while because he had been careless about his health. He drank too much alcohol and he didn’t remember that he had a liver. He was also a chain smoker, but of course, there are also people that do it and live longer. I was saddened that we had lost another star because he was a great actor.
[/b]

http://www.gidipost.ng/2015/03/he-drank-and-smoked-too-much-actor-jibola-dabo-talks-death-of-muna-obiekwe/

Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by ammyluv2002(f): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2015
Seriously? Ain't they tired of calling Muna's name? Please they should leave the dead man rest in peace embarassed
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by alberto2k(m): 10:39am On Mar 02, 2015
He forgot to add that he f*ucked him too well undecided
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by kestolove95(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2015
What do u expct from an igbo guy?
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by sinaj(f): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2015
did anybody force any role on him
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by englishmart(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2015
my grandfather was an incorrigible drunk, and a chain smoker..... He could finish 1 litre of ogogoro, 3 packet of aspen, and 12 wraps of Indian hemp in 2hours...

How come he's still alive even at 96?

1 Like

Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by englishmart(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2015
alberto2k:
He forgot to add that he f*ucked him too well undecided
lol. Was he gay?
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by alberto2k(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2015
englishmart:
lol. Was he gay?

He played a gay role in a movie alongside muna grin

Btw... You sef be chelshiit fan? undecided

Mehn! Am disappointed iswear! angry
Re: “he Drank And Smoked Too Much” – Actor Jibola Dabo, Talks Death Of Muna Obiekwe by englishmart(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
alberto2k:

He played a gay role in a movie alongside muna grin

Btw... You sef be chelshiit fan? undecided

Mehn! Am disappointed iswear! angry

don't be Mehn! There's non like chelsea

(1) (Reply)

Among This Two Who Do You Like Most? / The Real Name Of Popular Singer Akon, Will Make You Laugh Hard *see* / MADNESS Runs In D Family:check Out Miley Cyrus Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.