Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. (10285 Views)

Where To Learn Embedded Systems / Embedded Systems And Robotics In Nigeria / Embedded Systems Tutorial For Beginners:experiment 4 (traffic Light System) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by Kelgabriel5(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm in brodas
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by sinkhole: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
I have done some work with MCs: PIC and arduino board! I have also used atmega328 as a standalone module (it is the MC used in arduino). My main work has been in the construction of weather station, something to sense, process and record weather elements. But my main problem now is that I need a computer application that could connect with my weather station, take data from the station and do some processing on it and then get the processed data stored on my computer, in my specified format!
I know what I want now has gone beyond an embedded electronics into the realm of software development, but any suggestion will be appreciated!
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by spikesC(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
sinkhole:
I have done some work with MCs: PIC and arduino board! I have also used atmega328 as a standalone module (it is the MC used in arduino). My main work has been in the construction of weather station, something to sense, process and record weather elements. But my main problem now is that I need a computer application that could connect with my weather station, take data from the station and do some processing on it and then get the processed data stored on my computer, in my specified format!
I know what I want now has gone beyond an embedded electronics into the realm of software development, but any suggestion will be appreciated!

From your description, it seems your whether sensor hardware does not save its data even though you used the word 'record'.

The only approach here is you need the hardware to save its data. A small microSD would do. The way you retrieve the data is now your choice, either by push or pull (over a network)
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by sinkhole: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
spikesC:

From your description, it seems your whether sensor hardware does not save its data even though you used the word 'record'.

The only approach here is you need the hardware to save its data. A small microSD would do. The way you retrieve the data is now your choice, either by push or pull (over a network)
I could and I have saved data on the microSD directly from the constructed weather station! What I am saying now is to have the weather station connect to the computer, either through wire or wireless, and then have a PC application access
the weather station through the computer and then process the data for onward permanent storage on the PC.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by spikesC(m): 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
sinkhole:
I could and I have saved data on the microSD directly from the constructed weather station! What I am saying now is to have the weather station connect to the computer, either through wire or wireless, and then have a PC application access the weather station through the computer and then process the data for onward permanent storage on the PC.

How is the whether station connected to the PC and is it permanently or just when data is needed?

If you want it automated, then you need to include a wireless module to send the file to the PC. Then your program can work on the file
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 4:16am On Oct 04, 2015
I think what sinkhole is asking for is a window application or GUI that can communicate between his PC and the weather station. You can achieve that with different software such as C#, wpf, etc.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by sinkhole: 8:05am On Oct 04, 2015
princejude:
I think what sinkhole is asking for is a window application or GUI that can communicate between his PC and the weather station. You can achieve that with different software such as C#, wpf, etc.
Thanks, you perfectly got my drift! Infact, what I want is a GUI based window application that could display some graphics of the data, such as line graphs, bar chats, wind direction, etc
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by acorntree(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
sinkhole:
Thanks, you perfectly got my drift! Infact, what I want is a GUI based window application that could display some graphics of the data, such as line graphs, bar chats, wind direction, etc
this is very easy with arduino and processing programming language. what you need is graphical display of captured data from the weather workstation via USB to pc or remotely using rf module or xbee module or Bluetooth module connected to arduino.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by sinkhole: 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
acorntree:

this is very easy with arduino and processing programming language. what you need is graphical display of captured data from the weather workstation via USB to pc or remotely using rf module or xbee module or Bluetooth module connected to arduino.
Thanks too, your comment also help, even though you did not actually solve the problem grin @princejude in his princely way seemed to have a solution for now! I googled the wpf suggested by princejude and found that it could do the GUI very well with the C# providing the "behind coding" that could be used to access the weather station through the USB. Unless there is a better package, princejude have the solution for now!
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by acorntree(m): 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
sinkhole:
Thanks too, your comment also help, even though you did not actually solve the problem grin @princejude in his princely way seemed to have a solution for now! I googled the wpf suggested by princejude and found that it could do the GUI very well with the C# providing the "behind coding" that could be used to access the weather station through the USB. Unless there is a better package, princejude have the solution for now!
if you have designed your hardware using atmega micro or arduino what you need to design the GUI application is the processing software .if you're a good software programmer you can go the way of Prince Jude by using c++,c#etc but if you're not it will take you weeks if not months to accomplish this simple task. with processing software it will take just two hrs. I've done something similar to this your project before, so I'm speaking from past experience. if you are still confuse type processing in Google or download "make things talk"
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by acorntree(m): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions. Initially developed to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context, Processing also has evolved into a tool for generating finished professional work. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production. processing is very easy to learn.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by sinkhole: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
acorntree:

if you have designed your hardware using atmega micro or arduino what you need to design the GUI application is the processing software .if you're a good software programmer you can go the way of Prince Jude by using c++,c#etc but if you're not it will take you weeks if not months to accomplish this simple task. with processing software it will take just two hrs. I've done something similar to this your project before, so I'm speaking from past experience. if you are still confuse type processing in Google or download "make things talk"
Oh, I see, thanks a million, Im not a software person at all and I think I will try to explore your suggestion too as it seems simpler! I couldnt just get what you meant by "processing software" before.
Thanks
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by Dekatron(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
princejude:

Hello. I visit jutronix.com alot of times because I have been looking for some things I might order VERY SOON.

It seems you have abandoned the site. Oh well!! Thats BTW.

Please, I need a display. . . . 128*64 OLED that uses I2C and SSD1306 driver chip (which isn't on your site). Do you have??

I am trying to make a smartwatch & with time, make it in LARGE QUANTITIES. . . . Do you have the specific display? Or an OLED '.96 display? Strictly OLED? Thanks. . . Anticipate answers ASAP
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 7:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Dekatron:

Hello. I visit jutronix.com alot of times because I have been looking for some things I might order VERY SOON.

Please, I need a display. . . . 128*64 OLED that uses I2C and SSD1306 driver chip (which isn't on your site). Do you have??

I am trying to make a smartwatch & with time, make it in LARGE QUANTITIES. . . . Do you have the specific display? Or an OLED '.96 display? Strictly OLED? Thanks. . . Anticipate answers ASAP

128*64 OLED that uses I2C and SSD1306 driver chip is N3000

Not in stock now but will be available next week.
How many pieces you want to buy ?
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2015
Dekatron:

Thanks for visiting our site, we did not abandoned the site but we are trying to re-organize it.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by Dekatron(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
princejude:

128*64 OLED that uses I2C and SSD1306 driver chip is N4500

Not in stock now but will be available next week.
How many pieces you want to buy ?

Hello.

Sorry for not replying for some time now. . . I actually was discouraged about the price. .

#4,500 for a screen?? Ha!! Thats . . . Terrifying. . . . . . Okay, since I look up to you as my ELECTRONICS TEACHER, do you have any OLED display cheaper than that? If so, what display driver software do I use?

I intend to make it in large quantities after making one & showing it to people . . . . But. . . ARDUINO-#2,000 . . Display :- #4500, Bluetooth module. . . . Battery. . . . 3D printed case. . . We are looking at like :- 13,000 for one!! C'mon!! Which student would want to shell out such amount on a WATCH??

Please, I need your advice. . . . Or simply give me your whatsapp number, I'd holla. .

By the way, how much is your Bluetooth module?
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dekatron:

Hello.
Sorry for not replying for some time now. . . I actually was discouraged about the price. .
#4,500 for a screen?? Ha!! Thats . . . Terrifying. . . . . . Okay, since I look up to you as my ELECTRONICS TEACHER, do you have any OLED display cheaper than that? If so, what display driver software do I use?
I intend to make it in large quantities after making one & showing it to people . . . . But. . . ARDUINO-#2,000 . . Display :- #4500, Bluetooth module. . . . Battery. . . . 3D printed case. . . We are looking at like :- 13,000 for one!! C'mon!! Which student would want to shell out such amount on a WATCH??
Please, I need your advice. . . . Or simply give me your whatsapp number, I'd holla.
By the way, how much is your Bluetooth module?

The OLED display is now N3000 (not N4500) Bluetooth (HC-05 or HC-06) is N2500 Arduino nano without usb cable is N2000 and with usb cable is N2300.

Search for any component in our online store to check there price.

What type of WATCH do you want to design? When the product is ready please reserve one for me. I will like to be your first customer.

You can whatsup or call me at 08030674883
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Also remember that those prices are the unit price. If you want to buy in large quantity the price may reduce up to 30% or 40% discount depending on the quantity you want.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by Dekatron(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
princejude:

The OLED display is now N3000 (not N4500) Bluetooth (HC-05 or HC-06) is N2500 Arduino nano without usb cable is N2000 and with usb cable is N2300.

Search for any component in our online store to check there price.

What type of WATCH do you want to design? When the product is ready please reserve one for me. I will like to be your first customer.

You can whatsup or call me at 08030674883

Hello sir. . . . I plan to make a smartwatch that synchronizes with a smartphone using Bluetooth. . . It sends infos like :-

1. Charging status

2. RSS feeds :- for weather

3. Missed calls & messages

4. E-mail messages

5. Date & Time :- Definitely. . . I am thinking if I alter the source code, use an extremely compressed png/ jpeg picture as the customer wants (memory is a challenge here, as Arduino nano has :- 1KB RAM (3.3V). ). I am just thinking. I haven't started, cannot say its possible (looks impossible self sad sad sad sad )

6. Battery & connectivity status & other possible stuffs as development goes on. . . . Actually, I saw it online, but I will HEAVILY MODIFY IT

I am planning to write battery conserving program. E.g :- probably tells the arduino to Sleep till it recieves a new notification. . . Or when the Bluetooth connection with Phone is lost (or phone shut down), it goes off, . . . Again, I haven't started, no money. . . Also, MEMORY is a b1tch. . .

I tried your number, it isn't on whatsapp . . . . Sorry, My call tarriff is high, couldn't call cos we have alot to talk about. I need your guidance. . .

Can you give me your whatsapp number?
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
My Number is on whatsapp. Maybe I was offline by then. You can drop your Number here so that I add you to my whatsapp contact.
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by Dekatron(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
princejude:
My Number is on whatsapp. Maybe I was offline by then. You can drop your Number here so that I add you to my whatsapp contact.

my number
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by arduino: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
For all your microcontrollers/arduino components and shields by from us on /faithtechnologies
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by arduino: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
For all your microcontrollers/arduino components and shields by from us on konga ; konga.com/faithtechnologies
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
arduino:
For all your microcontrollers/arduino components and shields by from us on konga ; konga.com/faithtechnologies

Mr Arduino.... how market ?
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by arduino: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
princejude:

Mr Arduino.... how market ?
Market dey experience good change
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by flixous: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2015
Please guys I'm a final year mechatronics engineering student and I'm required to do a project on development of a pollution monitoring control system...sincerely, I have no idea whatsoever and I would appreciate if someone kindly puts me through the components I would require for this kind of project, the breakdown of d cost of these components and where to buy them from...God bless you all...
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by princejude(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
flixous:
Please guys I'm a final year mechatronics engineering student and I'm required to do a project on development of a pollution monitoring control system...sincerely, I have no idea whatsoever and I would appreciate if someone kindly puts me through the components I would require for this kind of project, the breakdown of d cost of these components and where to buy them from...God bless you all...

Pollution Monitoring? What type of pollution ?
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by belcom10(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2016
hello guys, am an electrical engr. Pls i wt 2 go into embedded system, i wil appreciate if i get a mentor hia. Thks
Re: Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. by belcom10(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
arduino:

This thread and other related threads will guide you through the world of embedded systems
ok, thankz plss hw do i get started.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Account Software By Abubakar Lawal / Why I Love Ruby / What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.