Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Let The Truth Be Told - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let The Truth Be Told (1741 Views)

Poll: Are women credible enough to be entrusted with power and leadership?

Yes: 66% (16 votes)
No: 33% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / "7 Truths About Marriage You Will Not Be Told" / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2009
Are women credible enough to be entrusted with leadership and power?

Examples:

1. Give a woman access to more money than her husband, the man is toast.

2. Make a woman a manager in a company that enjoyed harmony among employees during the reign of the former male manager, she'll introduce disparity and high tension in minutes. Female leadership is always ruthless and mean especially to fellow females.

3. A man can feed and clothe a woman for 1000 years without complaining for one day but a woman cannot feed and clothe a man for one month without putting him down over it unless she is begging the man to marry her.

How come we women are less provocative, humble etc whenever we need something from men but will turn to a tigress as soon as we have the four aces in our laps. Truly, are women credible enough to be entrusted with power and leadership both in relationships and governance?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by amebono14: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2009
some not all

alot of women have problem with leadership,once they r given dat chance to rule,there will def lead the pple into destruction

have u not wondered why a family will be living in peace but once one of them bois marries a woman,na wahala,she tries to plant a seed if hatred in d family

but like i said no be every woman jare,better women still dey
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
Jeez, Funmi, how did 4Play bribe you? undecided
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by StephenP(m): 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
Unless those examples are from real life not what people think, I say we'll never know until we try.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by evergreen6: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2009
Not all women are like that, but most of them are
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by onyinye2(f): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2009
Me, personally, you give so much amount of power, oh hell yeah I'm going to OD on Power. I know me so I have no need to hide.

I just know myself enough that if I had the upper hand in a marriage or whatever yeah, I would be that person to sort of rub it in your face. I know its wrong but yeah, power is one hell of a drug.

But like I don't believe in all the examples you have listed. I remember this one place I worked where a dude was in charge and a lady took over. The lady got work done and we had nothing but bliss unlike the dude who was lazy and depended on everybody.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2009
Jeez, Funmi, how did 4Play bribe you?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 10:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
Unless those examples are from real life not what people think, I say we'll never know until we try.
They are real life examples. Generally, women tend to behave that way.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by blissfullynaughty: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2009
earTHMama:

Are women credible enough to be entrusted with leadership and power?

Examples:

1. Give a woman access to more money than her husband, the man is toast.

2. Make a woman a manager in a company that enjoyed harmony among employees during the reign of the former male manager, she'll introduce disparity and high tension in minutes. Female leadership is always ruthless and mean especially to fellow females.

3. A man can feed and clothe a woman for 1000 years without complaining for one day but a woman cannot feed and clothe a man for one month without putting him down over it unless she is begging the man to marry her.

How come we women are less provocative, humble etc whenever we need something from men but will turn to a tigress as soon as we have the four aces in our laps. Truly, are women credible enough to be entrusted with power and leadership both in relationships and governance?

Funmi, Do you just post these topics because you like being controversial? undecided

Maybe you should qualify your statement, cos the last time I checked many many women in the west are bosses and/or breadwinners without complaining and they manage their teams excellently. Moreover in the performing arts, many women are the main bread winner or make more than their spouses and do not act like you have stated. Isn't this a case of giving a dog a bad name and hanging it?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by StephenP(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2009
earTHMama:

They are real life examples. Generally, women tend to behave that way.

You are admitting it?? That means my pastor's prophesy came true, " . . . and it shall come to pass that She Who Hates Men shall open her eyes and confess and let the truth be told." *grabs keys and drives to pastor's house for more prophesies.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2009
Funmi, Do you just post these topics because you like being controversial? Undecided
Nope; I try to be as open and sincere as possible.

Maybe you should qualify your statement, because the last time I checked many many women in the west are bosses and/or breadwinners without complaining and they manage their teams excellently. Moreover in the performing arts, many women are the main bread winner or make more than their spouses and do not act like you have stated. Isn't this a case of giving a dog a bad name and hanging it?
There are women that are good for sure but how many of them. Can we be sincere for once?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by olanajim(m): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm!

God must have seen everything beforehand
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm!

God must have seen everything beforehand

What did God see?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by blissfullynaughty: 1:44am On Jan 12, 2009
earTHMama:

Nope; I try to be as open and sincere as possible.
There are women that are good for sure but how many of them. Can we be sincere for once?

Sincere about what? Is it about the fact that you have a limited perspective or what? How many races and nationalities have you observed to make such a general sweeping statement?

You want sincerity? How about this for sincerity -

Maybe those women who act like you specified feel the need to lord it over their husbands after extended periods of oppression. Maybe if the man (who was earning less or who was not paying his way) kept house, swept and washed clothes and dishes, ironed, looked after the children and helped them with their homework, looked pretty, made sure that there was hot food on the table, bit his tongue when the woman rolled in at odd hours of the night, woke up in the night to feed the baby irrespective of whether or not he was tired or whether or not he had a job to go to in the morning, turned a blind eye (or was willing to forgive easily) acts of infidelity, grinned and bore it while their wife brought home a younger man as a 2nd husband, put up with it when their wife had a child (or children) by another man, bore it while their wife beat the shit out of them (as millions of women do. Not that I am advocating or condoning violence in any way, but that is the horror millions of women have to deal with from their abusive husbands all over the world) . . . maybe, just maybe if the men did or put up with all these, the women you complained about would be more humble and reasonable about being the sole or main breadwinner in the family.

When men readily carry out all the household chores as well as hold down jobs without complaining, like many women do, you'll find that what you complain about will become rarer (not that your complaint applies unequivocally or universally anyway).

Regarding the issue of female managers or bosses, any woman would tell you that it is harder for a woman to work her way to the top. You will always have people who will try to undermine her, patronise her, make her job difficult. A great many successful women find that in other to break the glass ceiling, they had to become hard nosed bitches to be taken seriously and survive in a male dominated role. Often, male workers resent a female boss.The sad thing is so do other female workers and they all resent being "bossed about" by a woman. And yes, female bosses tend to be harder and more difficult than their male counterparts, but often, they are this way because they feel that they might not be taken seriously if they do not crack the whip.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by Sissy3(f): 3:52am On Jan 12, 2009
Fortunately there are some women among us who have a healthy irreverence toward power, even as they seek it. 

power is what is men seek, and any other group thats gets it will abuse it. it is the same old story.

and i guess why most women abuse the power when they have it is because power does not corrupt, fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of a power.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by KarmaMod(f): 4:02am On Jan 12, 2009
Female leadership is always ruthless and mean especially to fellow females.

True True. Cant stand 'em
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by olanajim(m): 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2009
@earthmama,
what God saw are the truth in your post. No matter how many denial we read on it, the fact remain that they are true!

@karmaMOD,
are you also ruthless?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by whitelexi(m): 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2009
Power is useless without control, most women can handle power but not control. . . Sadly though, the end result is a disaster cool
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2009

Sincere about what? Is it about the fact that you have a limited perspective or what? How many races and nationalities have you observed to make such a general sweeping statement?
Living in America affords you the opportunity to mingle with so many races. America is a perfect example of a multicultural society.

You want sincerity? How about this for sincerity -

Maybe those women who act like you specified feel the need to lord it over their husbands after extended periods of oppression. Maybe if the man (who was earning less or who was not paying his way) kept house, swept and washed clothes and dishes, ironed, looked after the children and helped them with their homework, looked pretty, made sure that there was hot food on the table, bit his tongue when the woman rolled in at odd hours of the night, woke up in the night to feed the baby irrespective of whether or not he was tired or whether or not he had a job to go to in the morning, turned a blind eye (or was willing to forgive easily) acts of infidelity, grinned and bore it while their wife brought home a younger man as a 2nd husband, put up with it when their wife had a child (or children) by another man, bore it while their wife beat the shit out of them (as millions of women do. Not that I am advocating or condoning violence in any way, but that is the horror millions of women have to deal with from their abusive husbands all over the world) . . . maybe, just maybe if the men did or put up with all these, the women you complained about would be more humble and reasonable about being the sole or main breadwinner in the family.

Should this be a football game where each team is striving hard to measure up?. I am not absolving the men and am not saying there are no good women out there and vice versa but generally women tend to act like bitches anytime they snap an ounce of power whether it's leadership or economic. Why do you think divorce rate among Nigerian couples are high in America?. Most of us had fathers that earned way more than our mothers but everybody in the family enjoyed life because most dads will not turn to a punk because they support their family. May be it's a cultural thing that is taming the men but it's mostly women here that have big mouth and make reference to it whenever they shoulder responsibilities at home. Let the truth be told.

When men readily carry out all the household chores as well as hold down jobs without complaining, like many women do, you'll find that what you complain about will become rarer (not that your complaint applies unequivocally or universally anyway).

Forget the chores. How many women in those days in Nigeria carry out household chores if I may ask?. It's either the maids that do it or the children are grown enough to take care of their shit while the man is toiling day and night to bring home the bacon. Most women in Nigeria sit idle all day, gossiping and farting in their sofa while their maids take care of business at home. What is the big deal about household chores anyway?

[b]Regarding the issue of female managers or bosses, any woman would tell you that it is harder for a woman to work her way to the top. You will always have people who will try to undermine her, patronise her, make her job difficult. A great many successful women find that in other to break the glass ceiling, they had to become hard nosed bitches to be taken seriously and survive in a male dominated role. [/b]Often, male workers resent a female boss.The sad thing is so do other female workers and they all resent being "bossed about" by a woman. And yes, female bosses tend to be harder and more difficult than their male counterparts, but often, they are this way because they feel that they might not be taken seriously if they do not crack the whip.

If male workers resenting the female is the reason, why do the female bosses bitch around more on female subordinates and cut a little slack for the male ones?. It's not easy for anybody to rise to the top whether you are female or male. may be it's more difficult for us women but that is not the reason to make everybody in the office uncomfortable . A female boss will transfer the aggression from her husband to her employees. You dare not meet her on a bad day. A good manager should be a team player and not cynical about any little thing. Female bosses rarely forgive, forget or give an employer a break over some non work related emotional issue. I've been there girl and the difference is clear. Go to any large corporation and ask employees whom they'll vote for as a new manager between a male and female candidates, you'll notice that the female employees will be the first to vote for the male guy. Funny enough, male managers rarely take it out on fellow male employees. God may have initially designed women to be in relegated positions because we find it very hard to separate our job from our emotions. That's one thing men know how to do very well.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by MoneyRule(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2009
I personally don't think leadership was designed for women and i think God agrees with me cos many times in the bible,he made it clear;the mans job is to lead and the woman's to SUBMIT.And whatever God designed is perfect! Forget what civilization's tryin' to design!
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 13, 2009
I support your view earthmama.during my it had a manager who had gone through a divorce.she always attacked us(it staffs) and the males.one day she told me to get some works done.i did so was doing some uncleared cheques.only for her to start shouting that why didn't i do what she told me to do.long story cut short.her ending statement was u men u're all the same useless.that got me angry for the day.till today she never apologized and frankly didn't expect her to.most women mix thier emotions into the work setting.a male manager is the way forward anyday and anytime.why ? No backbiting,no beefs,no using someone to shine.quick to dismiss staff during football matches and free beers for all.wad up
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 13, 2009
Doesn't mean all female managers are like that.@oyinye regardless of sex.if u have power rubbing it on people's faces is not good imho.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by topup: 4:51am On Jan 13, 2009
@ Topic, I don't agree with the whole idea of power in a relationship. I believe the power should be shared, at times the man will make the decision, at times the female depending on which issue it is.

If this is simply a discussion about women being fake to lure men, but really we are ruthless and vicious, then aren't those the 'qualities' I have heard over and over again as a requirement for leadership.

In a world where women cannot readily assume power over men, maybe what it takes is some tactic, after all, we can't just sit there and expect everyone to fall at our knees. Whether we are discussing the tactics some women use; showing cleavage, dating bosses, flirting and wearing provocative clothing could be a different issue, but we can't say women in the business realm have caused a lot of problems, because the men-powered business world in the past had its own sets of problems too.

In relationships, like I said before, it depends, sometimes a very determined and focused attitude (at all costs attitude) can be what saves a relationship. I watched a woman who sincerely loved her man, on tv not long ago, and she is sole force pushing him to give up smoking and binge drinking, because she wanted them to be able to achieve their dream of starting a family together and him living long enough to see his children marry etc. . on his own, the guy may have no real push, but she gives him what he wants, which automatically puts her in a good position to ask for what she wants. This is how ALL relationships are like, you give and take, you can't give all the time or take all the time.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2009
In a world where women cannot readily assume power over men, maybe what it takes is some tactic, after all, we can't just sit there and expect everyone to fall at our knees. Whether we are discussing the tactics some women use; showing cleavage, dating bosses, flirting and wearing provocative clothing could be a different issue, but we can't say women in the business realm have caused a lot of problems, because the men-powered business world in the past had its own sets of problems too.

We are talking of women that has power already and not those that are struggling to climb the ladder. Unless you are about to tell me that the stress women go through before rising to the top may be the reason why they are always as anal as possible.

In relationships, like I said before, it depends, sometimes a very determined and focused attitude (at all costs attitude) can be what saves a relationship. I watched a woman who sincerely loved her man, on tv not long ago, and she is sole force pushing him to give up smoking and binge drinking, because she wanted them to be able to achieve their dream of starting a family together and him living long enough to see his children marry etc. . on his own, the guy may have no real push, but she gives him what he wants, which automatically puts her in a good position to ask for what she wants. This is how ALL relationships are like, you give and take, you can't give all the time or take all the time.
@bold, will you support husbands that do the same to their wives especially on the area of weight loss after all they give their wives what they want which put them in a good position to demand what they want[I am quoting you]?. The man can also claim he wants his wife to lose 50 pounds so she can live longer and see their kids graduate. Last time I checked, the men that behave that way were described as abusive and controlling by the women they married, abi?
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by olanajim(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2009
I am learning from this thread. I think it is best to let people share their experiences.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by ariblaze(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2009
mirror man. . . ok o

@post

power is a drug

anyone can abuse it

but the tendency for someone who suffers from being inferior to abuse is much more than that of the average

the women, you may lay as example at some point in lie would have being put down.

just like someone just recently coming into wealth would tend to misbehave or show off
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by earTHMama: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2009
mirror man. . . ok o

@post

power is a drug

anyone can abuse it

but the tendency for someone who suffers from being inferior to abuse is much more than that of the average

the women, you may lay as example at some point in lie would have being put down.

just like someone just recently coming into wealth would tend to misbehave or show off
Pheeew shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by olanajim(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2009
The whole thing may be due to lack of self control. I think God must have a reason for making women differ from men.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by beecrofty(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2009
some not all though.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by Outstrip(f): 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
earthmama speak for yourself
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by ravenesque: 4:44am On Jan 16, 2009
Earthmama,

You are of course correct. Having worked at Senior Level for many years, I am inclined to agree with your perception of women in power. The reason however is not conclusive. We can speculate that although men and women are capable of doing many of the same things, their physiology is fundamentaly different and therefore affects their behaviour, characteristics and dissposition differently too. Of course this is not necessarily the case of all women in power, however the numbers are significant enough to have been noticed and delebrated on by a great number of people.

Peace.
Re: Let The Truth Be Told by olanajim(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for sharing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex And Marriage : What's The Catch? / Marriage Problems. . . Please Help / How I Was Raised Up By A Ghost Father And Married To Ghost Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.