Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,011 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Super Powers: Which One And Why? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Super Powers: Which One And Why? (2704 Views)

16 People With Real Super Powers / Top- 10 people of the world with real life super powers / Why Do Nigerians Prefer Super Powers To Stealing Than Helping Humanity...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by iice(f): 4:10am On Sep 12, 2006
Plz mystique is that bomb! she's so mysterious(duh) and so unpredictable, sometimes you can't even figure out which side she's on but she's a survivor!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by dakmanzero(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
Yep, mystique is awesome!

Did u know that in the comics, she is Nightcrawler's mother?

Did u also know that in the coics she is the leader of the brotherhood, NOT magneto. Magnus acted alone at first, then later on became leader of the acolytes, before finally becoming the all-round bad guy.

Also, Mystique later on became one of the X-men! True! She and storm fell in love with the same guy (Forge, not in the movies) and guess who got him in the end! lololololol

See me I read too many comics, meh. If not for work i for download them sef

Anyway I will still kick her butt with my Jedi powers, lololol
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by iice(f): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2006
dakmanzero:

Yep, mystique is awesome!

Did u also know that in the coics she is the leader of the brotherhood, NOT magneto. Magnus acted alone at first, then later on became leader of the acolytes, before finally becoming the all-round bad guy.

Also, Mystique later on became one of the X-men! True! She and storm fell in love with the same guy (Forge, not in the movies) and guess who got him in the end! lololololol

True, i read comics too but am nowhere near your level am sure lol. But true talk to all that, now others know how awesome she is!!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by jayemkay(f): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2006
mystique is not the type of super-power i like very much but,
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by jayemkay(f): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2006
i would absolutely luv to have storm's powers but not her hair undecided, wolverine's healing ability winkand jean gray's ability to move objects now that can't be too much for me, all Xmen power's are amazing in their way but i think i like these three most of all, i mean storm's power comes in handy when u it's hot and u really want to raise a little wind, wolverine's power when u fall off a building and jean gray when u want an object far away from u, got it? good grin grin smiley
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Vieira(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2006
Darkman Zero:

I am here to challenge your statements o!

actually, the ability to create one. Only Jedi can create lightsabers

Where you hear that one?

yep, mystique is awesome!

See me I read too many comics, meh. If not for work i for download them sef

Anyway I will still kick her butt with my Jedi powers, lololol

fa fa foul!!

This na misinformation of the biggest order!

Magneto is/was the founder of the brotherhood and has led it in many incarnations.

Mystique was also not a member of the X-Men for very long but Magneto was a member and also led the X-men for quite a while before reverting to his terrorist ways.

Also Storm is married to Black Panther now, so Forge na loser!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by alexis(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2006
I will like to have "Bruce Almighty" powers
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by profade1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2006
imomoh 24, going by your explanation, Wonder woman falls into this category too.

Does anyone know where I can buy recent marvel and dc comics in lagos? I'm particularly interested in the x-men, and the titans.
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Vieira(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2006
Prof Ade >> http://allafrica.com/stories/200609110762.html

I am sure you can phone them and get them delivered to you.

Or try and read them online.

Marvel does digital comics at their website: www.marvel.com

plus there are other sites where people have uploaded thier own comics and you can download them.
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Necorios(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2006
SUPER POWERS! Nobdy thot of just 1thing then you av all the powers every user has posted here,i think if i av this power,i can defeat all of your powers put together! I'm "GJENIE" can you beat that? @beelyj45,u wantd to live 4life,then i sugest u get bitten by a vampire! @ebano,the invisible 1 into d central bank,shina rambo nids you! Phne him on 08027700350. NECO!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Seun(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2006
Jean Grey, through her telekinesis, can do everything that Magneto and many other mutants can do.

Such as Storm. Jean Grey can manipulate air with her mind if she needs a gentle breeze.
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Necorios(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2006
@SEUN,i'm nt familier with jean grey o! Bt i still thnk GJENIE is d best! NECO
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Necorios(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2006
@SEUN,i'm nt familier with jean grey o! Bt i still thnk GJENIE is d best! NECO
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by profade1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2006
Seun,

Jean Grey is only that powerful when the phoenix/ dark phoenix persona is fully in charge even though she's still an Omega level mutant.

Vieira,

Abeg there was no phone number there oh. Do you have any other contact for them?
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by iice(f): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2006
I like Phoenix/Dark Phoenix but i don't like Jean Grey.
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
About Jean Grey: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey

What I was trying to point out is that so many super powers are just forms of telekinesis.
That makes it the ultimate superpower!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by alexis(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2006
Bruce Almighty is the greatest
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Vieira(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2006
prof ade:

Seun,

Jean Grey is only that powerful when the phoenix/ dark phoenix persona is fully in charge even though she's still an Omega level mutant.

Vieira,

Abeg there was no phone number there oh. Do you have any other contact for them?

I no get number o!

Seun:

About Jean Grey: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey

What I was trying to point out is that so many super powers are just forms of telekinesis.
That makes it the ultimate superpower!

Not really o!
Spiderman's powers are not related to Telekinesis in any form
Nor is Wolverines healing power
Nor can it be related to running very fast like the flash
or x-ray vision
or being invisible
or streching like Reed Richards
or even being invulnerable like Superman

Having said that telekinesis is cool esp when combined with Telepathy
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Necorios(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2006
Did anybdy ever thot abt GJENIE dat can do everythng and anythng by just changing its bdy part magically,obviosly i believe its powers surpases those ones that you all av bin talking about all day. NECO!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by dakmanzero(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2006
@viera

Dont get seun started on the whole psi-power thing o! hes been reading too many marvel comics written by certain writers that took the idea of psi-powers to ridiculous levels. I personally dont agree with such 'supermanisation' of marvel heroes, but let me give you an idea of how those powers u mention could be related to psi-power:

healing- simple. Use telekinesis to manipulate the chemical structure of surrounding atoms into replacement tissue

invisible- either manipulate their thoughts so they 'believe' they dont see you, or telekinetically anipulate the photons of light sop they bend around you and render you invisible

speed- just levitate yourslf real fast. If like phoenix your telekinesis lets you move planets, that should be easy. manipulate air molecules so you dont burn up due to friction.

etc etc etc. Ye3s, I agree with you it is ridiculous. That is why that argument must not be allowed to start! cheesy

Secondly  I will deal with your beef with me! Hah! How dare you claim that others can make lightsabers! If you mean those mass-produced lightsabers used by desanns reborn ill have u know they were made by groups of force-users who are only different fron jedi by ideology and training! yes!!! A REAL lightsaber is built by making minute adjustments to the crystal core of the handle that can ONLY be possible with the use of the force, so only jedi can do it, so there!!!!!!

magneto founder of the brotherhood- No, not true. The original brotherhood was mystique, the blob, rogue, pyro and one other dude. Mystique/rogue were mother/daughter. Magneto's team are the ACOLYTES. Prior to that magnus acted alone. It took ALL the x-men to face him alone, he needed no help. Wikipedia has some info on all this i think.

Yeah you are right,  Magnus has been an xman longer than mystique and has indeed led the x-men. He was also the 'founder' of the x-men during the age of apocalypse and even killed apocalypse single handedly yadda yadda yadda. Look ok, magneto is the MAN he is the BOMB that is true but just because somebody got A1 doesnt belittle someone else's A2 now!!!! Mystique is still kool. smiley

Storm married BLACK PANTHER?!?!?!?!? bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! jesus christ what a joke! I hope they seperate them quickquick that is just an insult to storm!!!!! Kai my dear, forge no be loser. Mystique na WINNER. forge vs black panther pleeeeeeease!!!!! smiley)
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Necorios(m): 10:45am On Sep 28, 2006
Chai, chineke meee! Grammars, nawa o!
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by Vieira(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2006
Darkmanzero, the force is strong within you but a padawan you still remain!

Point 1:
Magneto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotherhood_of_Evil_Mutants
The original brotherhood is not your list at all, that brotherhood was a new version. Magneto is the founder of the brotherhood.

Point 2:
Making other people not think they are seeing you may work for humans but not for technology like TV screens etc.
Also light has no mass and hence cannot be controlled with Telekinesis. But you are right some writers go overboard with some of the applications of psi-power. Hence i will not continue debunking the rest of the theories.

Point 3:
Forge is a wuss. He does not deserve a goddess like Storm. meanwhile Black Panther is a king of a powerful country and a superhero with tactical ability equal to Captain america. He is a major player in the Marvel universe and among his equals are Namor, Doctor Doom, Black Bolt and maybe Cable.
Forge has no chance against him.

Point 4: Lightsaber, I will concede this point as my knowledge of Star wars is limited to the movies and a few novels. I am more a trekkie.
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by dakmanzero(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2006
Padawan? hah! 'tis talk like that that causes warriors such as myself to head to the dark side "we will give you a seat on the council but not the rank of master" indeed, !!! cool

I concede the magneto hit. Was careless. Some mook mentioned it on the extras disc for xmen2 (ie mystique brotherhood boss) and I didnt bother to double-check before running my mouth. I stand corrected.

I noticed you gave up with the debunking, but just so u know how that pointless argument can be stretched forever let me show u a few rejoinders:

1) Yes, she is still invisible. As an omega level mutant, she can sense (telepathically of course) who-and-who worldwide is looking at her image, wherever it may be, and blank it out sharpsharp. If you can manipulate subatomic particles, this should be easy as pie

2) Since when was mass a requirement for the functioning of telekinesis? TK arguably works not by energising molecules, but by manipulating the relationship between molecules and energy- a phenomenon rooted in the fact that matter and energy are in fact composed of the same fundamental particles! So an omega-level psi mutant can manipulate pure, raw, energy!

3) and so on till we pass out. Look, dude, someone wanted to turn jean grey into God so they came up with all this. Dont sweat the argument!

> Forge is not a wuss. He made a time machine. Now how cool is that? Besides he dumped storm to her face and she cried (YES CRIED) like a baby. making matters worse, mystique was insane in the head at that time (imagine the insult!). Black panther is so influential I have never seen references to him outside of letters pages and encyclopedia articles. Not even a cameo appearance anywhere!!!!!

> So u like star trek, eh? I wish I was one of u guys really. But I tried and tried and never succeeded. *sigh*
Re: Super Powers: Which One And Why? by tmanis(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Close Up "Original Naija Smile Contest" [pictured] / How Did U Get To Know Nairaland? / Gtbank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through Atm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.