Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,955 members, 7,855,868 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? (12720 Views)

My Penis Is A Disability,no Woman Wants To Be With Me - Man With Largest Cassava / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

undecided undecided

Hmmm...js make sure u mean it
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by denedene(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
I fell in love with a girl who was physically disable while in schl, erryone tot we were a couple cuz we were so close. I asked her out 3x but surprisingly she turned me dwn wit diff friendly excuses, I felt devastated alot went thru my mind.. I had to dust myself n mve on but somehow she gt my contact n startd communicating. long story short, she asked if I still love her, ready to date her again
p.s I was so proud of this girl wanted to show her to ma momma
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

Hmmm...js make sure u mean it

I am far taken
Don't think abt it
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
what amazing but pretty mind-boggling comments!!!

i really do not know where to start from, cause, NUMBER 1, right now, this very moment, i get profoundly 'excited' to say smthing, to tell u people THE REALITY about this seemingly- controversial subject u are all talking about. and becoz this IS VERY PERSONAL TO ME.
I KNOW DS BETTER COZ I AM LIVING IT!

let me tell u: I AM ONE OF THOSE COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. my disability is that i am hearing-impaired to some degree. i hear fairly good but m happy to consider myself as one of those. they are my family.

I wont go ahead and talk about disability and its reality. NO. but rather, i wud tell u what u really want to know about whether abled folks can marry from the group of the disabled.

I am a living proof!
if u get to meet me, have a conversation with me and spend little time with me, u will not only envy me but u will thnk God for the wonderful and marvelous life He has given me. looking back, from where and ow i got here, the people i have bn fortunate to have met, my family, what i do, my personal attributes, if u get a chance to know of all these, u wud but see MY disability as a divine blessing of sort.

it saddens me to have seen from all those posts above that a lot of u, so many of u dnt know jack about disability. u dnt know what it is!

for more than several years that i hv bn living with ds hearing-impairment, i have had real, epic relationships with more than 5 prettiest, most imaginative and daring women; ladies whom many of u wud kill to have. i dnt hv the chance to reflect and chronicle some dz wonderful and memorable, loving experiences of my life. for brevity, i was treated like a god and still i am with the current woman i am with.

mind u, i am never loved and dated out of pity, or some equivalence, i am dated nd doted on coz of the true, real me, my God-given aura, charisma, and profoundly-pleasant personality. guys, m just so multifacetedly- blessed! some of us just hv too much of a lot of things.

pls, do visit my topic: https://www.nairaland.com/2043300/thread-persons-disability

FOR ALL THOSE OUT THERE WITH ONE OR TWO DISABILITIES, U ARE SPECIAL! I TELL U. U ARE! DNT LET THESE PEOPLE TELL U OTHERWISE. U NO WHAT, THEY HV GOT DISABILITIES FAR HARDER THAN WHAT U GO THRU. THEY WONT ACKNOWLEDGE IT, EVER!

MANY OF THEM HAVE EARS, THEY REALLY CANT HEAR
MANY OF THEM HAVE BIG BULGY EYES, THEY REALLY CANT C
MANY OF THEM HAVE STRONG, FIRM FEMUR BONES,THEY REALLY CANT WALK THEIR PATH
MANY OF THEM HAVE THAT MIRACULOUS ORGAN GIVEN TO US BY OUR CREATOR, BUT THEY HARDLY USE IT TO ITS POTENTIAL CAPACITY.

I MEET THEM EVERYDAY AND THEY ARE NOT SO DIFFERENT THAN U.

for self-discovery and enlightenment on ur disability, pls visit https://www.nairaland.com/2043300/thread-persons-disability

U ARE LOVED!!!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
emusmith:
Sub-Topic: Can Your Love For Someone Break Through The Barrier Of A Disability In Them?

Does It Have Later Effects?

Ok, I'm referring singles now.

What if you physically met this girl who has been blowing your mind on social network?

You've already fallen in love with her before discovering this "impediment".

What would you do?

Mind you, there are many other disabilities: To some people, being fat, too slim, too short or too tall is an "impediment".

Can you ignore that impediment or "spot" and go all the way with her/ him?

MR EMUSMUTH. i hv been looking at ur previous posts and stuff. well, u come across as a pretty intelligent and analytical fellow. so, we wont have much of a problem.lol

i do wnt u to read my comments on this thread u raised. its very personal to me. pls do check out d comments on the page three or so of ds particular thread and after all, go visit my thread on smthing so similar which i had created it long ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2043300/thread-persons-disability

thnk u sir, and have a gud afternoon
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by tosyne2much(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
justmag:
Alot of these girls are mentally disabled anyways! And lot of guys still date them and see them as Queens and dime pieces. There's no chill for a thirsty man.
hahaha cheesy
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by MrCork: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
emusmith:
Sub-Topic: Can Your Love For Someone Break Through The Barrier Of A Disability In Them?

What if you physically met this girl who has been blowing your mind on social network?

What would you do?

Mind you, there are many other disabilities: To some people, being fat, too slim, too short or too tall is an "impediment".

....light skin or dak skin? angry
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by tripleBgirl(f): 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
emusmith:

Can the Lord lead to that area?

I thought He only leads us beside still waters? undecided
this pun wasn't necessary. it isnt everything you joke with.
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Karleb(m): 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
A big fat NO!
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
tripleBgirl:
this pun wasn't necessary. it isnt everything you joke with.

Who says I was joking? undecided
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

I am far taken
Don't think abt it

And he is not disabled i knw.that explains why you would say what you can't do.
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by malonephill(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Will date be you mental or physically disability, with aforementioned if any babes try show her disabilities with me while dating then she will see highest one in me
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

And he is not disabled i knw.that explains why you would say what you can't do.

So if anything happens to him am I supposed leave him?

Smh for humans

U don't know me so u can't say nor judge me
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

So if anything happens to him am I supposed leave him?

Smh for humans

U don't know me so u can't say nor judge me

Marrying a disabled is quite different from sticking with one whom u married when he was sound but got disabled during the course of ur marriage with him.u married him wen he was sound,of course u will stay with him if something happens(not all will stay though).observe d diff pls!

And pls,i'm not judging u, especially wen i dnt knw u.was js suprised at ur initial post cuz i knw it wud be hard 2 find anybdy who wud do dat sincerely and unconditionally.

Nothing will happen to ur man,he wil always be sound 4 um
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

And pls,i'm not judging u, especially wen i dnt knw u.was js suprised at ur initial post cuz i knw it wud be hard 2 find anybdy who wud do dat sincerely and unconditionally.

Nothing will happen to ur man,he wil always be sound 4 um

The only true thing that's hard is TRUE FRIENDSHIP
every other is as easy as ABC

I once dated a guy that was using walking stick and another with half a arm

There's nothing to be surprised abt, it happens
Ppl are real
I don't have problems with it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

The only true thing that's hard is TRUE FRIENDSHIP
every other is as easy as ABC

I once dated a guy that was using walking stick and another with half a arm

There's nothing to be surprised abt, it happens
Ppl are real
I don't have problems with it.

Ok....you are one of the very few.
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

Ok....you are one of the very few.

In fact I got so angry abt not telling me abt it

As far back as 04/05 when starcomms was doing this online meeting thingy

U can't even see pictures then, just chat and talk in phone
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by ugwum007(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
if i am aware of d disability from day one. we can grow to love each other but to decieve me...u won't like my reaction when I find out...
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Thereishel: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
All these category are not disabilities at all.

emusmith:

What would you do?

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
DrAify:
To be sincere,I can't

There's a thin line between ability and disability. Anyone can cross that line. It takes a good hearted person to see beyond physical challenges.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by ruggedplexus(f): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Well,it depends oh his area and level/extent of his disability,It could be mental,physical,emotional,financial and social disability...God forbid bad thing sha,I can still deal wit any of d listed n help towards recovery or rehabilitation.there is hope for the cut tree,it shall sprout again.#no condition is permanent and it could be me#
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Marc9:

There's a thin line between ability and disability. Anyone can cross that line. It takes a good hearted person to see beyond physical challenges.

i cudnt agree more

however, i do thnk it does nt hv to take good-hardheartedness to fall in love with a disabled person.

they are exceptional people with exceptional personal attributes. m pretty sure folks who are sane will find that magnetic, wont they?
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
Its pretty difficult for most girls out there tho(not all). They might pretend to care,but later...the usual z bound to happen,I'm a living proof,gat a "non-functioning,discoloured left eye"

2 Likes

Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Boomboost(m): 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
OK...tough question since real love is dead n gone.
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

In fact I got so angry abt not telling me abt it

As far back as 04/05 when starcomms was doing this online meeting thingy

U can't even see pictures then, just chat and talk in phone

Really? Then u saw him and noticed his disability? Y didnt u tell him off? Can u tell me about it?
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

Really? Then u saw him and noticed his disability? Y didnt u tell him off? Can u tell me about it?

Tell off?
Heart was involved
Felt bad, but what cld I have done, I promised to love him
We lost contact sha reason I didn't end up with him
Great guy he was
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

Tell off?
Heart was involved
Felt bad, but what cld I have done, I promised to love him
We lost contact sha reason I didn't end up with him
Great guy he was

Dnt tel me u already fell totally inlove wit him even witout meeting him? Kinda rare.
Such unconditional love aint easy 2 come by these days.
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by Dyt(f): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
centjamie:

Dnt tel me u already fell totally inlove wit him even witout meeting him? Kinda rare.
Such unconditional love aint easy 2 come by these days.

It happens my dear
Re: Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? by centjamie(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

It happens my dear

Glad to know.

And keep up with that good spirit,it pays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can You Tell That She Is A Virgin?i Need To Know. / Watch Pinay Scandal Viral Pinay Scandal Video / Drop Your Comment If You Need Sugar Mummy In Lagos Or Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.