Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship (8373 Views)

I May Renounce My Canadian Citizenship By Pius Adesanmi / I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father / Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Eziachi: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2009
felifeli:

As a matter of fact I know several Americans who will be willing to BUY your Nigerian citizenship if it was available for sale.  You don't want to be Nigerian anymore ? Bye bye . You don't need to make drama of your personal  life decision.  smiley

As a matter of fact, I think I know one of those American, and he is called fictionary American that exist only in your coconut.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by felifeli: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2009
Eziachi:

As a matter of fact, I think I know one of those American [sic], and he is called fictionary [sic] American that exist only in your coconut.[sic]
The quality of the response often speaks volumes of the poster grin
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by oderemo(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2009
1ts typical Nigerians always like some one to bell the cat for them while they op ionate like parrot, remember each time we have those uninvited military take over everyone cheers MESSIAH DON COME, same way m.k.o ran to London expecting ibb to STEP aside for him, nothing good come free, you fight for it or die trying to get it.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
ode remo:

1ts typical Nigerians always like some one to bell the cat for them while they op ionate like parrot, remember each time we have those uninvited military take over everyone cheers MESSIAH DON COME, same way m.k.o ran to London expecting ibb to STEP aside for him, nothing good come free, you fight for it or die trying to get it.

What in the world do you mean?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Reese1: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ felifeli,

Are you sure your American friends weren't talking about the weather?  cheesy You know like "oh man, I'd live in Nigeria forever with this kind of weather" lol, and not "I will buy any Nigerian citizenship, I renounce my American citizenship so I can stay in this here Nigeria and never go back to that America again!, Nigeria is just too loving and wonderful!"   grin

Again, Keep in mind, a lot of foreigners living in Nigeria say they love the country, etc because their living situation is still quite decent compared to the life of the average Nigerian. But I don't believe for one second that these people will desert their country to "give it all" to Nigeria, at least not with the way Nigeria is now.

Just my thought,
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by felifeli: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
Reese1:

@ felifeli,

Are you sure your American friends weren't talking about the weather?  cheesy You know like "oh man, I'd live in Nigeria forever with this kind of weather" lol, and not "I will buy any Nigerian citizenship, I renounce my American citizenship so I can stay in this here Nigeria and never go back to that America again!, Nigeria is just too loving and wonderful!"   grin

Again, Keep in mind, a lot of foreigners living in Nigeria say they love the country, etc because their living situation is still quite decent compared to the life of the average Nigerian. But I don't believe for one second that these people will desert their country to "give it all" to Nigeria, at least not with the way Nigeria is now.

Just my thought,

OK that was a bit of exaggeration just to demonstrate that not everybody feels the way that you do about your country , not even foreigners. What I meant was there are droves who would wish to be in your shoes (without the hassle of having to renounce country) It is a tough thing to renounce your country; in fact I think it is just plain dumb. It doesn't change you one bit for the better ; only makes you feel lost and confused. Peace.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by oderemo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
nollywood here we go again
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by mustafar1: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2009
na wa o, it is ga ju!
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2009
Why does everybody want to finish felifeli now, at least he has said it's a bit of exxageratio.

@ felifeli
You're lucky that Hajifary didn't see your comment.

grin
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by felifeli: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Why does everybody want to finish felifeli now, at least he has said it's a bit of exxageratio.

@ felifeli
You're lucky that Hajifary didn't see your comment.

grin

I didn't come here to make fine speeches and be applauded by anyone. I have said what is on my mind, if there is anyone who doesn't  like what I have said or the way I have said it they have the privilege of giving me a piece of their own mind if they have any. I don't bleed easy and I am no pansy smiley
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
felifeli:

I didn't come here to make fine speeches and be applauded by anyone. I have said what is on my mind, if there is anyone who doesn't like what I have said or the way I have said it they have the privilege of giving me a piece of their own mind if they have any. I don't bleed easy. smiley

Undortunately, you'll bleed easy when you see this guy's (Hajifaty) humour, He's just someone that would make you chuckle nothing else.

[center]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-218087.32.html[/center]
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by lucabrasi(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
@post
who cares, we have more than enough nigerians
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by felifeli: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Undortunately, [b]you'll bleed easy when you see this guy's (Hajifaty) [/b]humour, He's just someone that would make you chuckle nothing else.

[center]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-218087.32.html[/center]

Oh nice ; at last somebody with a sense of humor on Nairaland !!  I am dying to meet this your hero, maybe I'd have the chance to practice some too  wink

PS : Or are you him ? Just a feeling. I used to know a masquerade dude who says things like this ( What till you all see my papa masquerade , you go fear! ) before he goes away to change into his jinjinjin grin
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by asha80(m): 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2009
What is the difference btw this man that renounced his citizenship and nigerians who want to give birth to their kids in europe and america so that their kids would have foreign passport?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by mustafar1: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2009
so their children won use a huge chunk of their life saving applying for a tourist visa. only to be told NO grin no mind me. na too much work cause am
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2009
Ogbeni!! You for use the melding of science and politics explain that one better. It seems to work for every issue. lol
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by dawoyo(m): 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2009
The guy has got no idea what he's talking about, no matter the dent or bad names been given to us 9jas, i will remain and i will always hold my head on high to annouce to the entire world that i am a proud nigerian
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Jan 15, 2009
dawoyo:

The guy has got no idea what he's talking about, no matter the dent or bad names been given to us 9jas, i will remain and i will always hold my head on high to annouce to the entire world that i am a proud nigerian

Na wa for this your comeback ooo!!! roflmao!!! The guy give you a thousand and one reasons for his side of the arguement and all you have to offer for reason why you think he has no ide what he is talking about is that? roflmao!!

At least give some rebuttle of some sort. Lol
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by 1honeybee: 2:54am On Jan 15, 2009
ouch, i really do understand where the author was coming from with his speech but to be candid he did went way toooooooooo far with the curses and all. he should have just cursed his parents and lineage and not the whole of nigeria na. and the annoyin thing is dat is nt as if he he lives there o. we all knw the way things are in nigeria, even wit all dat we sure dont need the curses and all. he's in america and thinking just becos he has made water thing for some ppl he has done the best thing in the world. most ppl abroad if nt al of them have done dat or more. like they practically send money home every now and then to help people, i dnt see the difference with his water and house thing.

there's nothing wrong in renouncing one citizenship and claiming the other. if he's dat disgusted by nigeria he should just stop goin there or stop having anything to d wit the country na. haba. wat does he want the ppl dat live there to do? those dat cant afford 3 meals per day.

i can understand the fact dat he's nt proud of his origin but one thing we sure dnt need rite nw or ever is the curses plzzzzzzz u've renounced the country just have some respect for the rest of us still holding unto it and hopin things will improve with the rite leadership and by workin together as one.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 15, 2009
1honeybee:

ouch, i really do understand where the author was coming from with his speech but to be candid he did went way toooooooooo far with the curses and all. he should have just cursed his parents and lineage and not the whole of nigeria na. and the annoyin thing is dat is nt as if he he lives there o. we all knw the way things are in nigeria, even wit all dat we sure dont need the curses and all. he's in america and thinking just becos he has made water thing for some ppl he has done the best thing in the world. most ppl abroad if nt al of them have done dat or more. like they practically send money home every now and then to help people, i dnt see the difference with his water and house thing.

there's nothing wrong in renouncing one citizenship and claiming the other. if he's dat disgusted by nigeria he should just stop goin there or stop having anything to d wit the country na. haba. wat does he want the ppl dat live there to do? those dat cant afford 3 meals per day.

i can understand the fact dat he's nt proud of his origin but one thing we sure dnt need rite nw or ever is the curses plzzzzzzz u've renounced the country just have some respect for the rest of us still holding unto it and hopin things will improve with the rite leadership and by workin together as one.

Who can blame you for not seeing any difference in the guy providing water and accommodation for some nigerians he has never come across. After all, its now assumed to be the duty of individuals to provides such amenities in nigeria.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
Roflamo!!! Na true. People go build airport with private money, come give am governor make im manage for them. I am still worried that that happens to date. lol
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2009
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2009
nuzo:

Who can blame you for not seeing any difference in the guy providing water and accommodation for some nigerians he has never come across. After all, its now assumed to be the duty of individuals to provides such amenities in nigeria.

People are taking the curses ltoo serious but this is just in the literal sence (and in fact being NIgerians) and our beliefs, we're too quick to act to curses.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:29am On Jan 16, 2009
I wonder why threads like this never make it to the front page but tom cruise in nollywood does, this is a serious issue posed by this embittered man who from the look of things owes Nigeria nothing.
The replies just show once again the large amount of immature people on nairaland, but again are they not "nigerians".
I think I am on the fence here, if I am really offered citizenship by another country I might gladly take it, still if Nigerian citizenship were offered to many people in this world they would grab it.
There will always be people ahead and behind you, the choice is yours anyway which way you want to you want to look.
Please Seun move this thread to the front page.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Sapphic: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

I wonder why threads like this never make it to the front page but tom cruise in nollywood does, this is a serious issue posed by this embittered man who from the look of things owes Nigeria nothing.
The replies just show once again the large amount of immature people on nairaland, but again are they not "nigerians".
I think I am on the fence here, if I am really offered citizenship by another country I might gladly take it, still if Nigerian citizenship were offered to many people in this world they would grab it.
There will always be people ahead and behind you, the choice is yours anyway which way you want to you want to look.
Please Seun move this thread to the front page.

The thing tire me o. You will actually see some ancient threads necroposted and put on the front page. The criteria for getting threads on the front page varies wildly (that is if there is even any sef).
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by princekevo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2009
@all
Why bother of someone who renounced his country? Atleast that is jst minus one out of millions. If he want to sell his B.C if he has any let him contact me, have a lot of frens who want to get Nigerian citizen that he renounced
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

RichyBlack, Seun, are you reading?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by JJYOU: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
talking about this nonsense reminds me of a friends wife who was asked to consider renouncing her nationality (American) for Nigerian passport by the immigration service. this was 5yrs ago though.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2009
@@JJYOU, How did that go for her? Is she in Nigeria now?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Busybody2(f): 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

RichyBlack, Seun, are you reading?

There is a thread somewhere to nominate posts that you think should be on the frontpage, I think it is in the NAIRALAND section moderated by Shaz wink
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by JJYOU: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@@JJYOU, How did that go for her? Is she in Nigeria now?
yes thankfully kept her us passport. the guy probably forgot his tablets that day. i couldnt believe someone could be that daft.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
Dude, if you find someone like that again, make you send am my way. I get friends for naija who dey look for person for US wey dem fit exchange passport with. Make you promptly inform me if you meet person wey want exchange ooo, Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-IGP Idris Returns To Village As New Wife Pockets Family Assets In Abuja / Obaseki: I Will Promote Private Sector Investment For Job Creation / Okada Ban: 230 Operators, Motorcycles In Police Custody – Lagos CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.