Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship (8372 Views)

I May Renounce My Canadian Citizenship By Pius Adesanmi / I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father / Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by homosapien(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2009
is not Nigeria mike adenuga made it,dangote an host of other make there cool cash,aby den don swear for you say you wont make.go ahead an renounce it but i tell you that you will live to regret it.also what impact have you in this country an you sit down dere thinking that you wont make it.if that is your opinion so be it lol
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Muza(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2009
homosapien:

is not Nigeria mike adenuga made it,dangote an host of other make there cool cash,aby den don swear for you say you wont make.go ahead an renounce it but i tell you that you will live to regret it.also what impact have you in this country an you sit down dere thinking that you wont make it.if that is your opinion so be it lol
Dont tell me u dont know that these guyz courted every govt in power.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2009
Muza:

Dont tell me u dont know that these guyz courted every govt in power.

I don't think he read the article at all. Why bother reply him now, at leats he's a Homo Sapien!!!
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by emonkey(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2009
Quite interesting thread . We all feel very strongly like renouncing something at one time of our life or other - job , girlfriend/boyfriend , booze , cigarettes and so on . So no biggie here I am afraid.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by MrCrackles(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2009
I have renounced mine since i was in my mother's womb!
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by felifeli: 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2009
e-monkey:

Quite interesting thread . We all feel very strongly  like renouncing something at one time of our life or other - job , girlfriend/boyfriend , booze , cigarettes and so on . So no biggie here I am afraid.

I was encouraged by your remark to do a search and replace and this is what I came up with and I rather prefer this version  grin:

Renouncing My Alcoholism
Written by Kay Soyemi (Esq.)   
Friday, 09 January 2009

It is with a certain amount of glee that I write this, even if my musings are tinged with a deep regret.

A deep regret in having to bear a name that clearly identifies me as a never do well, a moniker that ensures that I cannot deny an ancestral lineage that is deeply rooted in cowardice, sheer malice, corruption and vindictiveness; a nationality that says I belong to the largest gathering of mediocres ruled by unintelligent reprobates; a genetic misfortune that ensures that I have an accent thicker than ogbóno soup; a conceptual mistake created in heaven and consolidated in the fraudulent 1914 act of amalgamation that labeled me at birth as Alcoholic. Maybe it is time I start to curse the accident of birth that lumps me together with the likes of you called Okiro, Tunde, Tafa, Kike, Lucky, Chuckwu, Onanefe, Zanaib, Alao, Bunu, Ibrahim, Andy or Amadi, your so-called leaders and the thieving cohorts holding the country to ransom.

Perhaps, it is time I renounce the citizenship conferred upon me by parental birth and assume the right of inheritance conferred upon me by virtue of my place of birth; albeit in a land foreign to the birth of my parents. Perhaps, I would be justified in denying my association with you, by heritage and nationality as I have not seen any virtue worthy of emulation in you as an Alcoholic.

Certainly, I have seen naught in you to accept that you are principled as a person. Surely, I have seen enough in you to know that you have no principles when the matters of money are discussed. Definitely, I know enough of you to know that all you want to do is accumulate money and wealth that you cannot spend in ten lifetimes to the detriment of your neighbors’ descendants. There is no doubting the gleam and lust in your eyes when matters of avarice are in the offing, just simply because you are an Alcoholic.

Sadly, the only thing that matters to you is to moan about your pathetic lot in life; your miserable existence in life as a qualified Alcoholic; and your weak leaders while you await the opportunity to demonstrate your own unprincipled and unbridled lust for the opportunity to lie, cheat and steal from your fellow Alcoholics. Surely, your genetic penchant for mischief and no-good has already railroaded your for a life devoid of principles and explains why, in the face of all incontrovertible evidence to the contrary and all evidences pointing to you as ‘unintelligent mugús’, your leaders are not concerned about your ire.

Definitely, you are a disgrace to the creed of joy tagged ‘black and proud’, and only take pride in masquerading as a misnomer called an Alcoholic. That falsely glorified being who pompously looks down on his less affluent kindred simply because the other fellow does not wear suits or big agbadás and babánrigas whilst expediently and blissfully ignoring the fact that you are no better than your very own neighbor.

The caricature of a colonial slave master, the relic of the colonial rule that you represent and the buffoonish clown that you flawlessly bear a resemblance to is so apparent in you as a, yes, Alcoholic, who disdainfully look down on his very own because the fellow cannot lisp through his nose and would rather open his mouth widely to chant the words, ‘shokolokbangóshe’; is so obvious in the way you deride your fellow ignorant Alcoholics who do not possess a lot of alphabets after their names; unlike you, who knows very well that the size of your medulla oblongata bears no correlation the alphanumeric letterings that you purchased to augment your own unimportant existence in life and to justify your pomposity and miserable existence in life.

Yea, I say, shame on you, Alcoholic!

I boldly say this because I have seen the best of you. I have seen and know the mettle of the clueless and visionless gathering of vultures and carrion-eating cabal who leads you. I understand your vainglorious mindset that casts you as livestock waiting to dip your snouts in the trough of corruption. Yes, farm animals, you all are for all you do is grunt and squeal about your pathetic lot in life whilst you are led knowingly and unerringly to the abattoir for your own slaughter!

If you like, you can moan and curse me for all the rightful nomenclature I have attached to your heritage. It will not bother me; the same way ALL your grunting and squealing has had no impact upon your leaders. The ruled and the rulers are no different in your country; thieves of the same inclinations – aves of the same plumage!

I am not asking you, ham-fisted Alcoholics, for your encomiums or vilifications for that matter because I know all that you can do is rant like ants, make storms in your tea cups and don the toga of super-cyber warriors without the guts to back your actions to words. I know you ALL lack the temerity to match your words to action and this are proven by the failure of two events in Alcoholia [/b]towards the end of 2008.

December 29 passed in[b] Alcoholia
without anyone joining me outside of Asshole Rock to demand for the liberation of your failed country from the shackles of a thieving brigandage and cabal called “government” in your country. Similarly, none of you made any fuss about the muzzling of the Alcoholics Rally in Benue State organized by L. Shilgba. None of you ever raised an eyebrow when your best are hounded into jail or killed outright by your thieving elites. How could you, in any case, for you are all genetically malformed and deformed for the single purpose of being corrupt and awaiting the chance for perfidy.

I gleefully abandon you to your filth. I happily renounce anything that suggests that I could have any kinship with you. I gladly reject the moniker of 419 with which you are irreparably tarnished. I joyfully decry everything that shouts Alcoholic about you.

I look forward to reading more about your persecution and disinheritance by your rulers and leaders. As a matter of fact, I look forward to hearing more of the woes that will surely betide you as Alcoholics in the year 2009 and forever more. Indeed, I pray to see more of your tears as Alcoholics in the coming years.

I fervently pray that you will not wake up from your collective slumber until the future of your unborn generations are fully mortgaged for the lifetime of penury they richly deserve because of your lethargy today.

Please do not wish me well or a Happy New Year as I do not wish you as Alcoholics any good. Indeed, I curse everything about you for as long as your best are the worst of humanity. Lastly, I beseech you not to offer your filthy and stupid prayers to God for succor because he is tired of the impotent creature you represent, the whining, whingeing, crawling, syncopathic, cretinous, cowardly naives akan Alcoholics.

God, please damn the Alcoholic in my blood.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by homosapien(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2009
if beheading oneself is the remedy for curing headache,go ahead.lol
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Spader9(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
Welcome to the club brother.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nigerian always take plagiarism as copyright. Check ur dictionary people. The white people have done their best following the time they came but now we run to them for more training and if you come with ur people's resource, they might help you keep it oh. So develop ur land, urselves and that is it.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by deluxecad(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2010
I call this silly. Why curse the unborn generation because of some alleged injustice meted out to you? The write-up reveals a great deal of what evil content the author is made up of. He sure doesn't have the resilient and not-giving-up spirit of the Nigerian person. To me he doesn't have a case and should be ignored. God bless Nigeria.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
deluxecad:

I call this silly. Why curse the unborn generation because of some alleged injustice meted out to you? The write-up reveals a great deal of what evil content the author is made up of. He sure doesn't have the resilient and not-giving-up spirit of the Nigerian person. To me he doesn't have a case and should be ignored. God bless Nigeria.

Alleged Injustice? Curse the unborn? Do you realize how many generations have been cursed by our lazy, all-is-well attitude to EVIL perpetrated by those in leadership and now our own parents and youths? Better go listen to some of Fela's songs from back in the 70's to understand where the whole country is today, almost 40 years later. Na to tell another person how to live his own life we dey get power but to stand up for our own right, everyone run go hide.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by deluxecad(m): 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Alleged Injustice? Curse the unborn? Do you realize how many generations have been cursed by our lazy, all-is-well attitude to EVIL perpetrated by those in leadership and now our own parents and youths? Better go listen to some of Fela's songs from back in the 70's to understand where the whole country is today, almost 40 years later. Na to tell another person how to live his own life we dey get power but to stand up for our own right, everyone run go hide.

I sure wasn't dictating for him how to live his apparently miserable life(mind you, he chose to make himself thus), what I resent is when he tries to misguide his spleen and dole out invectives on people that didn't do him nothing-the unborn. He should learn how to handle his own personal issues, everybody's got his.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
deluxecad:

I sure wasn't dictating for him how to live his apparently miserable life(mind you, he chose to make himself thus), what I resent is when he tries to misguide his spleen and dole out invectives on people that didn't do him nothing-the unborn. He should learn how to handle his own personal issues, everybody's got his.

What? DId you bother to read the article at all?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by tony451: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
I feel this man's frustration and it's very easy to say the same things he said. Just got back to naija after being away for some time and i've got to say this country must have some of the most backward people on this earth. Everyone is waiting for everyone else to do something (not saying i've personally done something but this is just my observation). Those who try to do things are frustrated at every level wherever they turn by other people who lack the capacity to see the bigger picture. How a country can be so stagnant when the rest of the world is moving on is beyond me. The thing is as an ordinary citizen, you have no power to force other people to see the bigger picture. You can talk and talk and talk but you are not going to force the market women to stop throwing refuse into the drain. You are not going to make ignorant neighbours build toilets in their houses instead of doing bush attack by your fence every night. You are not going to make the local government create pedestrian walkways on the very very busy main street of your town where accidents happen every few days. You are not going to give the person driving like a manian in front of you a ticket. Its all the job of the government. And if you argue with people during election on why the popular candidate does not deserve to get in beacause he wouldn't do all these things, they will all shoot you down with cries of "but he gave us bags of rice", he is from our hometown", he is annointed by God", "he was distributing money in front of his house everyday during his first term".

What's a person to do? You are not the government, they wouldn't let you get in to leadership positions if you don't bribe. You can't influence anything and you go out everyday looking at the environment you live in and are so frustrated at the total lack of foresight and imagination that your fellow people show. Who would want to live in such a place? The foreigners that want to come here do so because we treat them like gods and they don't have to endure the lot of the average Nigerian.  In other words they are big men when they come here as opposed to their just being another citizen in their own country. It is really sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! / “I Found Buhari Very Competent & A Square Peg In A Square Hole” – Gbenga Olateru / Governor Oyebanji Urges Ekiti Traditional Leaders To Support Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.