Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States (15304 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by lalasticlala(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
As part of arrangement to ensure the effectiveness of the Permanent Voters’ Card (PVCs) Card Reader Machines, the Independent National Electoral Commission will now hold mock elections in 12 states before the presidential elections slated for March 28.

The 12 states have been selected from all the geopolitical zones in the country.

Disclosing this at the signing of a Peace accord by political parties held in Akure today, the Ondo State Capital, the State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Mr. Segun Agbaje disclosed that Lagos and Ekiti have been selected for the mock elections and the event would come up this Saturday.

Agbaje explained that “at the mock elections, the commission would make use of the PVCs and card readers alone. It is to be displaced to the people and also look at how effective the machines will work on the election day. There is no going back on the usage of PVCs. The Card readers if fully charged, can work up to 10 to 12 hours and we have back up machines for each unit and fully charged batteries.

“12 states have been selected for the mock elections and in South West, the mock elections will be conducted in Lagos and Ekiti States. This is to test the effectiveness of the machines before general elections”.

The REC also added that 78.2 percent of the PVCs had been collected so far in the state.

On the preparation of the INEC for the polls, Agbaje said over 14,000 ad hoc staff had been trained for the polls.

He added that the commission would be making use of over 10,000 security operatives for the polls.

“A committee called Inter agency Cooperative Committee under the leadership of the police Commissioner and REC has been set up. It comprises of security operatives and INEC officers. We have been meeting on several times and we will continue to meet until election day.

“We have Registration Area Centres in all the collation centres in the 207 wards in the state. That is where our ad hoc staff and security operatives will be a day before the elections. We are expecting them to move from that area to the polling unit. We are targeting 98 percent commencement time in the poll.

“In Osun we have 96 percent commencement time and we want to improve on that in Ondo State”, the REC said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/03/card-readers-inec-to-hold-mock-elections-in-12-states/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by SeverusSnape(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
That's the best thing to do.
Left for Jega, He would have gone ahead without testing the machines.
GEJ all the way....

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by SmooshCHN: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Great development, would eliminate ineligible voters by at least 40%. ARGUABLY, This is what we know PDP to be very good at.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by A7(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good, yakamata a tauna tsakuwa dan aya taji tsoro.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by chimerase2: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
And they called it mock?
Na waec undecided

2 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by cecejobs(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Gbam!
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by dunkem21(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
JEGA is indeed incompetent.

Check my posts in February to see where INEC copied this idea of mock elections to test their PVC's and integrity of their data.

They should also put up a Q & A session where Nigerians will ask questions and be educated about the machine and the electoral process... One of them is what happens if the PVC machine is vandalized? ..and a thousand and one loading ..

So, if the election is on Valentine's day, when would you have conducted the mock elections? eh ..JEGA?

Listen to me, Nigerians; I can give to you the freest, easiest, fairest and credibilest(my word) elections in history.

You can vote inside the bus, @ the beach, or on your bed!

Call my bluff grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Misogynist2014(m): 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Misogynist2014(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
dunkem21:
grin
Hope no problem? undecided

1 Like

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
We are waiting for them to conduct the mock elections. No shaking!

Sai Buhari!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Both the mock and the main election, Buhari will still take the lead, so therefore;

keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015

45 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Arsenella007(f): 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is a good idea.To test run the card readers in preparation for the D-day
#ihavenotdecided grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by ITbomb(m): 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
So to say them no postpone election, how them for take know say the card reader go work?

INEC was never ready for February elections

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by alaoeri: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
Card reader has come to stay, say no to rigging shame on PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Card readers it is. GEJ and his failed government will not prosper in their rigging bid. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by politricks: 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
So PDP finally lost the fight against the use of card readers.
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by MillionDollars: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
They will postpone this one too because of security

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by 5p1naz(m): 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
was it not this same INEC that told the world they were ready for the feb. 14th election...

Good idea though...

6 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by yuzjet(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Well! Well! Well!
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by GeneralBosco: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Otuoke loading
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by sammieguze(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Torh
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by lorbah001(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Right step in da roght direction........
Its unthinkable that some no-good people are against card reader

I pray for free , fair and credible election..........I betya this election is a determinant of our dream

Compare and contrast, APC deserves it this time around, they do have a much to proof and if they fail, what do we do?

WE VOTE THEM OUT AGAIN!

...........For here in OGUN_-_+AMOSUN all the way

1 Like

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Burger01(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
dunkem21:
JEGA is indeed incompetent.

Check my posts in February to see where INEC copied this idea of mock elections to test their PVC's and integrity of their data.

They should also put up a Q & A session where Nigerians will ask questions and be educated about the machine and the electoral process... One of them is what happens if the PVC machine is vandalized? ..and a thousand and one loading ..

So, if the election is on Valentine's day, when would you have conducted the mock elections? eh ..JEGA?

Listen to me, Nigerians; I can give to you the freest, easiest, fairest and credibilest(my word) elections in history.

You can vote inside the bus, @ the beach, or on your bed!

Call my bluff grin
Shut up!

5 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by gen2briz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Be it mock or aptitude test, the main thing be say some people still dey fear.

I kukuma don decide

#NEVER again I mean Never again will i vote for any shoeless politician.

#GMB till I get all the changes I deserve from federal government.

6 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
so we have heard INEC's plan, what about PDP? It is very clear PDP are working hard to disrupt INEC card reader plans

1 Like

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by PassingShot(m): 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
Way to go Jega.

Let GEJ/PDP jump into ocean if they wish. We shall use PVC and card readers.

Never again shall they rig elections massively as they did in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by ichidodo: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Goes to show Inec was never ready for valentines day,Card reader or not GEJ till 2019...Ka Chineke Mezioku..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by hardbody: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
I hold no opinion on this topic

1 Like

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by Mayor21(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Gej...till....
Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by millionaireman: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lol!!! Mock ke. After mock election, realities on ground on election day proper are completely a different cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That's the best thing to do.
Left for Jega, He would have gone ahead without testing the machines.
GEJ all the way....

GEJ is afraid of the anti-rigging technology. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aggrieved APC Members Have Right To Go To Court – Buhari / I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello / Mining: Adegbite Discloses Launch Of Made In Nigeria Barite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.