Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,158 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies (17837 Views)

Container Truck Runs Into A Building At Mushin (Photos) / Car Runs Into A Building In Ibadan (photo) / 3 Quick Ways To Get Your Visa Application Approved By Foreign Embassies In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

fail boooooo
How did I fail ? Bwahaha... I am not an immigrant and my status doesn't even say so.My mother ancestors lived there. Jeez! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
all4naija:
How did I fail ? Bwahaha... I am not an immigrant and my status doesn't even say so.My mother ancestors lived there. Jeez! angry lipsrsealed

if you are not a native American, canadian, white european or Asia, you are an immigrant
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonero230:

give me their website and marrying a canadian ,is like is not the best option to you?What are canadian ladies like?Just tell me the best thing to do when i land bro.

well if you both fall in love, then its fine. but you can get a canadian girlfriend, stay with her for one year with both your names on the lease, hydro etc. just evidence to show you both are together. then you will be eligible to apply for PR via common law. www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by 1k001(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
I've had a comparatively better experience than most in 2 different Nigerian embassies.

The Nigerian embassy in Nairobi: I went there to get a document and they were fairly nice and helpful. Didn't have to wait too long or pay anything. Just got the consular service I needed in a relatively timely manner.

The embassy in Canberra Australia: It's run by a career diplomat who takes great pride in his job.

When i visited with a friend, the ambassador himself called us in had a long chat with us, describing what he'd done and planned to do for Nigeria. He gave us several articles he'd written to that effect.

I was particularly impressed as he was instrumental in getting funding of hundreds of thousands of dollars for an ecological research project run out of Gombe state university.

After our chat, he apologized profusely that he couldn't take us out to lunch and insisted we take the cash from him to go have lunch ourselves. We also met other officers in the embassy who were really nice. It was quite amazing actually, felt good to be home in Nigeria on foreign soil. That's how good we were treated.

Amb Ayo Olukanni of the Nigerian High Commission in Australia is easily the best Nigerian diplomat out there. Kudos to him, he's got a palpable love for Nigeria that is evident in his work.

Don't take only my word, read about him here too: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=22651

Regarding the Dublin embassy, i've heard all sorts of terrible things about it. Thank goodness i managed to avoid it during all my years in Dublin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by tonero230(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

well if you both fall in love, then its fine. but you can get a canadian girlfriend, stay with her for one year with both your names on the lease, hydro etc. just evidence to show you both are together. then you will be eligible to apply for PR via common law. www.cic.gc.ca

Tnx buh hydro,lease meaning.See you in canny.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
what part don't you agree with

bigv:
I agree with you oh, not totally tho.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
did you read the region i mentioned

donnypool:

I was there, and we were all treated nicely here in Ottawa Canada. I even open up a thread about it. My friend lost his passport, he got a new one in less than a week without complications. Stop putting people down because you have this perception of Nigeria leaders being bad a corrupt
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pebcak:
I will give it to the Consulate Office in Atlanta Georgia, Those guys are professional and awesome, I forgot my original passport in the copier at home found out when my flight from Dallas was about to land in ATL, I was like F it I will check out what they will have to say they treated me with respect and that was shocking and strange I explained i left my passport in Dallas and thats an honest mistake and oversight on my part, they allow me do biometrics and informed me they will not process it until i mail old passport in I was like fair enough. Mailed passport same day when i got to dallas overnight and they got it next day and I got new and old passport few days later in the mail. THUMBS UP TO NIGERIAN CONSULATE OFFICE IN ATL GEORGIA.
Yeah, I can vouch for their professionalism.
It seems that the horrible Nigerian consulates are mostly in Europe and Asia.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
did you read the region i mentioned

Yea and I saw Canada there
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 1:48am On Mar 06, 2015
nope i said south america and the Caribbean.

donnypool:

Yea and I saw Canada there
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
nope i said south america and the Caribbean.

Lol look I saw Canada in the topic so I replied to that
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 06, 2015
tonero230:

Tnx buh hydro,lease meaning.See you in canny.

Got to pay for water, heat and electricity. They are the hydro. Lease is a agreement you will sign with your landlord if renting a house
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by profGinger: 7:26am On Mar 06, 2015
I will score our Missions abroad far above average on their professional manner they carry out their diplomatic duties despite the poor funding from the Federal government, even at that the staffs have demonstrated their commitment in furthering and deepening our bilateral ties with host country. The young man that created this thread is just trying to tarnish the Efforts of our missions abroad.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by s3nn2x(m): 8:33am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
My brother the politician do more than does people from the ministry,99% of everybody from the ministry have taken up citizenship in the country they work,so they don't care about Nigeria.it is simple because the Ministry does not move them,they are in one place for almost all there life,they have no over sight,nobody checks them and there is no way for the Association to report to the ministry of forgein affairs,even if you do the ministry does nothing about it.so it is a total failure.

I am sorry...are you sure you know what you are saying. Which Nigerian diplomat are you talking about. You hide behind your phone and talk nonsense. Nigerian diplomat do not spend unlimited time abroad. They spend 3 years in the Mission,then they are recalled to HQ where there spend 3 years also. So where you get your information is baffling.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by tonero230(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2015
donnypool:

Got to pay for water, heat and electricity. They are the hydro. Lease is a agreement you will sign with your landlord if renting a house

Tnx
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2015
s3nn2x:

I am sorry...are you sure you know what you are saying. Which Nigerian diplomat are you talking about. You hide behind your phone and talk nonsense. Nigerian diplomat do not spend unlimited time abroad. They spend 3 years in the Mission,then they are recalled to HQ where there spend 3 years also. So where you get your information is baffling.

Some spend more than 3yrs, in some cases their posting could be extended by a year or so or even cross-posted to another country without returning back to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
My brother the politician do more than does people from the ministry,99% of everybody from the ministry have taken up citizenship in the country they work,so they don't care about Nigeria.it is simple because the Ministry does not move them,they are in one place for almost all there life,they have no over sight,nobody checks them and there is no way for the Association to report to the ministry of forgein affairs,even if you do the ministry does nothing about it.so it is a total failure.

This is not true, diplomas can not take citizenship in the country they work, even their kids can't.

Diplomas report back to their office in Nigeria monthly and could be recall back if they are not performing
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2015
On the books yes it isn't suppose to be so,but right now i am telling you that 90% of all Nigerian diplomat and there families are holding dual citizenship,and they are hardly moved,its only ambassadors that get changed from time to time.

justwise:

This is not true, diplomas can not take citizenship in the country they work, even their kids can't.

Diplomas report back to their office in Nigeria monthly and could be recall back if they are not performing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2015
you say what,the once in the embassy here have been here since i came and they are still here,i am not speculating its a fact,i don't know about your embassy

s3nn2x:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
On the books yes it isn't suppose to be so,but right now i am telling you that 90% of all Nigerian diplomat and there families are holding dual citizenship,and they are hardly moved,its only ambassadors that get changed from time to time.

That again is not true, by law diplomats are not allowed to taken up citizenship of another country while serving as diplomas, they can only do that after resigning from their jobs.

Yes diplomas get moved, standard diplomatic posting duration is 3yrs, lucky ones do get a year or two extension or cross-posted to another country but that is rare.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by s3nn2x(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2015
justwise:

Which diplomat report back to their office in Nigeria monthly? Are you talking about the Ambassadors or the Foreign Service Officers?
Or do you mean report, as in send official reports to Headquarters through Telex? I am confused.
Do you know what you are talking about? Do you know what the cost would be? Hmmmmm....you better ask questions

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by s3nn2x(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
you say what,the once in the embassy here have been here since i came and they are still here,i am not speculating its a fact,i don't know about your embassy

I hope you know there is a difference between Local Staff and Home Based Staff. The Local Staff are more or less people that are residents in the country and they are there on contract basis, while home based staff are the ones that are sent from Nigeria and they are the ones that perform diplomatic functions. Please, don't mix them up. The Local staff are not diplomats.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2015
s3nn2x:

Which diplomat report back to their office in Nigeria monthly? Are you talking about the Ambassadors or the Foreign Service Officers?
Or do you mean report, as in send official reports to Headquarters through Telex? I am confused.
Do you know what you are talking about? Do you know what the cost would be? Hmmmmm....you better ask questions

Yes i know what i'm talking about.

Foreign service officers report back to their HQ in Nigeria, a written report. The cost is not the issue here, they are paid to do that.

Whether they send it through telex, email or diplomatic bag that i don;t know
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by s3nn2x(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2015
justwise:

Some spend more than 3yrs, in some cases their posting could be extended by a year or so or even cross-posted to another country without returning back to Nigeria.
Very rare cases. Not in this dispensation. In fact the present Permanent Secretary has put a stop to anything extension of stay for those posted to Missions.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by s3nn2x(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2015
justwise:

Yes i know what i'm talking about.

Foreign service officers report back to their HQ in Nigeria, a written report. The cost is not the issue here, they are paid to do that.

Whether they send it through telex, email or diplomatic bag that i don;t know
Okay, I thought you meant they report physically.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by 2mNaira: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
adora4u1:

The directive that Nigerians living abroad must come to Abuja for any change of data in their passports!

I am with d immigratn office on this. Given Nigeria's antecedent. It is d best way to do it.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please if go school small,i know the difference between a gate man and an office staff

s3nn2x:

I hope you know there is a difference between Local Staff and Home Based Staff. The Local Staff are more or less people that are residents in the country and they are there on contract basis, while home based staff are the ones that are sent from Nigeria and they are the ones that perform diplomatic functions. Please, don't mix them up. The Local staff are not diplomats.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
come if you are in the diplomatic corp,please know right now that it is happening,i don't want to mention names and event over the social media,but i have seen with my two eyes where Nigeria diplomatic officials carry another country passport

justwise:

That again is not true, by law diplomats are not allowed to taken up citizenship of another country while serving as diplomas, they can only do that after resigning from their jobs.

Yes diplomas get moved, standard diplomatic posting duration is 3yrs, lucky ones do get a year or two extension or cross-posted to another country but that is rare.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
come if you are in the diplomatic corp,please know right now that it is happening,i don't want to mention names and event over the social media,but i have seen with my two eyes where Nigeria diplomatic officials carry another country passport

You are making those things up, no truth at all, being a diplomat automatically disqualify you from applying to become a citizen of that country you are posted to including your wife and kids, they can only study in that country but can not work or engage in business.

No need of mentioning names because they don't exist. Diplomas can either carry the diplomatic passport or their Nigerian passport.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
stories,please i think it be wise that you go check how many passports the immigration officials attached to the embassy in Washington are carrying,while you are at it,i think you should equally find out how many passport some member of the Nigerian embassy in uk family members are carrying.you can come out here to attempt to lie all you want but we know that the diplomatic corp is Nigeria needs total over haul,most embassies are useless to Nigeria as a country and even more useless to its citizens,rather than promote Nigeria and its citizens they lead the front line in condemning Nigeria and it citizens.i can remember when a Nigeria Ambassador to china came out to release a press statement defending china on maltreating Nigerians,i said to myself he is even doing the job for Chinese diplomats,it didn't stop there a Nigeria Ambassador to Saudi did the same thing.over here its no different.i am not aware of anybody the embassy has helped.

justwise:

You are making those things up, no truth at all, being a diplomat automatically disqualify you from applying to become a citizen of that country you are posted to including your wife and kids, they can only study in that country but can not work or engage in business.

No need of mentioning names because they don't exist. Diplomas can either carry the diplomatic passport or their Nigerian passport.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
onoja12:
stories,please i think it be wise that you go check how many passports the immigration officials attached to the embassy in Washington are carrying,while you are at it,i think you should equally find out how many passport some member of the Nigerian embassy in uk family members are carrying.you can come out here to attempt to lie all you want but we know that the diplomatic corp is Nigeria needs total over haul,most embassies are useless to Nigeria as a country and even more useless to its citizens,rather than promote Nigeria and its citizens they lead the front line in condemning Nigeria and it citizens.i can remember when a Nigeria Ambassador to china came out to release a press statement defending china on maltreating Nigerians,i said to myself he is even doing the job for Chinese diplomats,it didn't stop there a Nigeria Ambassador to Saudi did the same thing.over here its no different.i am not aware of anybody the embassy has helped.

Its fairly obvious that you know very little about what you are talking about, are immigration officials diplomas?

You are just making things up as you go.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please educate me,define diplomats for me,very soon you would tell me that military attache is not a diplomat.
From the way you type i know you are from the corp,is good that you seem humble probably because we are on social media,but i can assure you,all you need to do is take a survey,go on the streets of any country you find yourself and ask 10 Nigerians what they think about the diplomatic corp or there embassy i can assure you 9 out of 10 wouldn't speak good about the diplomatic corp,yes there are some Ambassadors who try to do things well,at-list i know the man in New York is an outstanding fellow,i know the Ambassador in Washington tries his best even though most of the head staff under him are useless especially (Mr Balogun),i know Mrs Ojukwu too tries her best,but if we have over 100 missions and one can not count up to ten as functioning above average.then it is only fair to say that the diplomatic corp is a failure and thus must be over hauled immediately

justwise:

Its fairly obvious that you know very little about what you are talking about, are immigration officials diplomas?

You are just making things up as you go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Car Crushes Nursing Mother, Commercial Motorcyclist To Death In Osun / Traffic Advisory: Eko Youth Walk For Tinubu Today. / NRC Reacts To Hitch On Ibadan-lagos Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.