Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 (16055 Views)

INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by zyzxx(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nigeria election is Hmmmm
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by VickJames(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
Good one
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Neyo230(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
Buhari we know,Buhari we choose, I have decided to Vote for GMB. Sai Buhari 2015
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by JaypeeAnics(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Apc keeps saying change, where is d change? When they are the same sets of criminals dat left pdp because jona failed to share d stolen money with dem......
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by HisMajesty1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
lillaowow:
I was listening to Asa- Bed of Stone Album while missing Nigeria so much. i decide to activate whatsapp and chat with few friends.
i asked my friend Why everyone seems to be complaining of the different places they stay in Nigeria to be "dry"?

my friend's reply was that dry is an Understatement that it is "too dry" and even "over dry sef".

He told me that most likely the naira willl go to 230naira against a dollar. that his friend that imports from china had to stop due to unforeseen situations the naira is into.

He informed me of how top business people he knows and have interacted with wants Jonathan out cos he seems to be putting most of them in more debt than profit.
he also told me of an interaction he had with someone in the Oil and gas industries that before the returns of oil used to be deposit in the federation account and they will mismanage it but recently they don't even deposit anything (or partial deposit) in the federation account anymore they squander it all.

Even though i am not directly affected cos my sponsor earns mostly in US dollars. i can understands better what my siblings are passing through at home. it means that my brother's salary and remunerations in Naira has been greatly affected and my dad's tenants might not be able to afford the rent anymore.
it also means if you work 9-5 to earn 1,500naira daily, now you'd have to work times 2 to earn the purchasing power of that 1,500naira.

What i don't seems to understand is that if all this is going on in nigeria, why do people come on nairaland to shout "GEJ till 2019"? do they live in a different Nigeria? and i can remember in 2011, no one needs to convince you to vote for GEJ, he deserved the chance and he was given the chance. why all this noise about why he MUST be voted for?
Are you a robot ni? This is the fourth thread I'm seeing this your exact post. Your point is clear and valid but Hey! don't litter naira land with it now.

1 Like

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by betacitizen(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
GMB 2015
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by osebe: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
GEJtill2019

1 Like

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by major466(m): 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Abiola we know, GEJ we know but who's Buhari? grin
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by XBLadez: 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Firefire:
For Nigeria: We know our Leader.

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (Nigeria President 2011 - 2019)

Nigerians have already decided. No turning back.
No turning back. Never again!!

1 Like

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by ifypedro38(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
God will take all of us through it and He God always do ; Vivio Nigerians
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Firefire(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
XBLadez:

No turning back. Never again!!

Never Again shall will give political jobbers the chance to run their mouths like taps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
You're right. The politics we are practicing in this part of the world is bad--insult and character assassination towards any political opponent! May God help our beloved country!
bushdoc9919:

It is the economy.

In Africa....most of our economies are sustained by the sale of resources to the West....which are then shared amongst the people according to a formula. If the formula is not right.....crisis results. And because of high populations, high unemployment and loss of revenue to massive importation.....the money is limited, making the fighting terrible.

In the West, and in the more prosperous Asian countries....they do not have resources at all. (Japan for instance just has rocks and rice).So...they rely on innovation and industrial development....which means everything better be working...especially light and power...or else there will be no kudi. And because of that....an elected official is kept overbusy working on ways to increase funds for the treasury. He does not have the luxury of free oyel money flowing in. As a result....politics over there is for serious minded people....not for corrupt jokes....and there is not violence...because the youth are busy at their jobs....to think about it.

Africa's problem is over-reliance on resources. The minute we get off resource dependency.....we will start prospering...and Boko Haram and the militants will have a hard time recruiting members.
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by tsdarkside(m): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
this would be interesting, every african in the entire africa should vote who should be leader in every african countrys,,,,,

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW........................... cool cool cool
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by mmsen: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
yuio22:
shocked

What is that map supposed to show?
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by biGPoppaSays(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
mehn,,, I'm tired of this f!!!ing country. ..
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by mmsen: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
OGAofBOSS:
cry Why do we always practice politics of bitterness,unforgiveness and violence in Africa? cry

Is Ukraine in Africa?

How about Iran?

Russia?

Thailand?

Also, you might want to read up on American political history, most of the elections contested in the 1800s were characterised by violence.

1 Like

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by agoadiv(m): 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
Too long reading
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by mmsen: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
biGPoppaSays:
mehn,,, I'm tired if this f!!!ing country. ..

Good.

Leave.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by itstpia8: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
hm
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by espn(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Iamsynord:
For the Nigerian Elections, there is no argument whatsoever..We know our president/VicePresident
.General Muhammadu Buhari ..President Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29 2015.
Prof Yemi Osinbanjo - Vice President Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29 2015.
in sha Allah.. infinity times tongue cluelessnoids u can go on exile oo..we don't care..
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by tsdarkside(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
mmsen:

Is Ukraine in Africa?

How about Iran?

Russia?

Thailand?

Also, you might want to read up American political history, most of the elections contested in the 1800s were characterised by violence.

thank you,sir...
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by tsdarkside(m): 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
espn:
in sha Allah.. infinity times tongue cluelessnoids u can go on exile oo..we don't care..

hehehehe...cluelessnoids....you are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
mmsen:

Is Ukraine in Africa?

How about Iran?

Russia?

Thailand?

Also, you might want to read up on American political history, most of the elections contested in the 1800s were characterised by violence.

While your point is taken...we can learn from past mistakes too.

And people needn't die over election
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by mmsen: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

While your point is taken...we can learn from past mistakes too.

And people needn't die over election

Of course we can but we are not even two decades into this experiment with what the world calls 'democracy'.

Nigeria isn't even 100 years as an independent nation.

It took other countries hundreds of years to get it 'right' and even then there are serious mistakes - in 2000 George Bush lost the election but because of election fraud in Florida he was able to gain office.
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by gemini35(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
folabayo1:
Buhari we know
Buhari we chose
. Never will an old man that is suppose go for retirement rule this country,he,s got nofin to offer,
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by gemini35(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Tobilastik:
nd u expect me to read all this epistle

what I know is that GEJ till 2019 nd if Buhari can defects to PDP ...we may make him EFCC chairman ..coz he really wants to curb corruption
. Bro 5 bottle of origin for u, u ar on point chairman of efcc is ok since he really want to curb corruption,
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by folabayo1(f): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
gemini35:
. Never will an old man that is suppose go for retirement rule this country,he,s got nofin to offer,
that's not for u to decide
Wat will be will definitely be
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Judie7654(f): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nigeria is definitely the top on the list.
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
Are you advocating violence? cry
mmsen:

Is Ukraine in Africa?

How about Iran?

Russia?

Thailand?

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by mmsen: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
OGAofBOSS:
Are you advocating violence? cry

No, that was written in response to an ignorant statement about how violence is somehow unique to African politics.
Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
But it's a known fact that Africa's election has the highest rate of violence than any other continent.
mmsen:

No, that was written in response to an ignorant statement about how violence is somehow unique to African politics.

Re: Five African Elections To Watch Out For In 2015 by pacesetter939: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
Iamsynord:
For the Nigerian Elections, there is no argument whatsoever..We know our president/VicePresident
.General Muhammadu Buhari ..President Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29 2015.
Prof Yemi Osinbanjo - Vice President Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion In Bayelsa APC As INEC Submission Deadline Closes / BBC Rivers State Governorship Pidgin Debate (Photos) / Buhari: I Have No Interest In Who Becomes APC Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.