Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) (4488 Views)

Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) / Delta Polytechnic Ozoro School Fees / New Stadium At The Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) by dorocent(m): 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
This came up on Wednesday 4th March 2015.
The student of dspz were called by the reactor to campus one for a meeting... He (Rector) was making his speech. There was a time He announced that, payment of school fees ends on the 10th of this month. So the students thought that the reason for meeting with Rector is to reduce the price of school fees but to their surprise, the Rector was talking about polities.
He said, my fellow student please i want you all to vote for OKOWA ( the PDP member contesting for the 2015 governorship election in Delta State). coming this election. A student ask Him if by voting for OKOWA will reduce the amount of their school fees and he replied back, "till den".
Shortly after that answer, angry student stood to their voice shouting .. !!! WHO HE HELP !!! (referring to OKOWA). Before any security could notice it has bursted into a riot... students were running here and there.
During this, many lecturers tried to run out of the school premises with their car but were being obstructed by angry students. Their cars were destroyed even the Rector's guard were injured also. it was really bloody today and student have to run out for their lives.
The rioters (students) went as far to destroy the ATM machines in the school premises and also destroyed school properties and cars coming in or going out of the school premises. The riot expanded to the town and the town market was also destroyed.
Police and the Army came but could not withstand the crowd. Right now the school board has decided to go on a one week break to see how things will go and resolve issues.

I would have posted pictures both could not have the time to because i was also running for my dear life. i promise to post the pictures of the angry student (Riot) when i get hold of them from friends.
Re: Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 05, 2015
Get pictures from friends.
Re: Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) by PRINCEHPXP(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
its true am a student there and i expected this to be on fp
Re: Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) by dorocent(m): 12:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Imanuelle:
Get pictures from friends.
I will very soon buh ryt nw evry wia there is nt frdly cuz of d army.
Re: Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, (DSPZ) by redvektor(m): 1:39am On Mar 06, 2015
Na wao oh anyways gud news nigeria students now standing for their right the other days jambite in rivers state now ozoro poly i jos hope they resorved the issue peacefully. I others news is also a blessing in disgaice cuz my gul will be coming home hmmm dis week na die

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State University Anyigba (photo) / Stash Of 500 Yr Old Gold Coins Buried During King King Henry Viii’s Reign (Pics) / Mtn Has Been Hack 40gb For 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.