Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,552 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson (973 Views)

Politicians Are Behind Crisis In Southern Kaduna - El-rufai / Aisha Buhari's Alleged Impostor Speaks Out, "Politicians Are Soiling My Name" / Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 05, 2015
An excerpt from this interview that caught my attention was

'' Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may be irony because the people make up the politicians ''

International businessman with billions of dollars to his name, Richard Branson, has lambasted the crop of leaders we have in Nigeria for their high level greed which, according to him, is killing big brands wishing to do business with the government of the country, for the growth of Nigeria’s economy.

Below is the revelations by Mr. Branson on his experience in Nigeria…

The chairman of Virgin Atlantic said: “…we have virgin’s ill-fated footsteps by setting up a new airline in Africa in conjunction with Nigerian government…the details of the doomed attempts to crack the Nigerian market in the 2000s is better imagined…we put …together a very good airline-the first airline in West Africa that was ever IOSA/IATA operational safety audit accredited but unfortunately it got tied down to the politics of the country…we led the airlines for 11 years…

“We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour…watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn’t know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point…Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may be irony because the people make up the politicians…

“But those politicians are selfish…we did make N3billion for the federal government of Nigeria during the joint venture…realising that the government didn’t bring nothing to the table/partnership except dubious debts by the previous carrier, Nigeria Airways…The joint venture should have been the biggest African carrier by now if the partnership was allowed to grow, but the politicians KILLED it…Nigeria is a country we SHALL NEVER consider to doing business again..”

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/nigerian-politicians-are-too-corrupt-and-insane-richard-branson/#.VH9j0Fi8n7r.facebook

Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2015
All becos he watched tinubuz latest video, datz wad apc got to offer, Corruption!
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by veekid(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2015
u don't need to tell us, we ourself know
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by darnley16(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2015
How does this affect him, he is crying like this, oga did someone duped u again?
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by darnley16(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Pictures of him saying it or .....
Cos I've noticed Most ghanians /other foreign ops would just use ppl's name n shiity facts to just make fun on NGA
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by blackfase(m): 10:55am On Mar 05, 2015
Some mo.rons living in perpetual self-denial will spring up from their holes & try to either refute or snipe at this fella because they might feel slighted this (in)directly points at their tin gods in power.....
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by ishiamu(m): 10:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Our politics is too damn dirty and stinking
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2015
The truth is bitter

'' Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may be irony because the people make up the politicians ''

If only we all choose to be sincere undecided
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by size38: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Mr Richard Branson, I share ur pains. So I therefore apologised on behalf of our useless leaders and some of our dirty and greedy politicians. I know u love Nigeria and still wish to do business in Nigeria. I promise u that, come May 29th, 2015, we will have a new government led by Buhari who will come to clean up this 16 yrs of mess created for everybody by the PDP since 1999. Thank u for ur understanding

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by itetemi: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
All becos he watched tinubuz latest video, datz wad apc got to offer, Corruption!

joker, so na tinubu be the federal government wey dey in charge of the airports.the corrupt demands by the federal government drove the guy away from the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by sammyj: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by GenOrumov: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2015
For those abusing Branson for what he said, I guess you are still been fed by your parents and don't pay taxes so you guys can't understand what it means to invest your hard earned money in a messed up country like Nigeria.

From registering your company to generating revenue there are bottlenecks (no electricity, bad roads, omo onile, double taxation, settlement/bribery & corruption) intentionally mounted to make the business environment difficult for you (so that you can come and settle them). Everybody wants a slice from you without working for it.

The list is just endless. It takes cutting corners and grace to survive in a business environment such as Nigeria's. It further confirms the fact that Nigeria is among the countries with the highest cost of doing business.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson by sherrylo: 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
I have read about this before and i know with the level of poverty and unemployment in this country God will judge PDP and all those useless politicians holding us down.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From GMB And Amaechi's Visit Today 2 A Wonderful School Built By Amaechi / Heavily Armed Men Engage Soldiers In Gun Duel And Approach Gov. Amaechi's Villag / We Have Lost Confidence In Jega...........pdp Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.